• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~Aqua's Sprite Thread~*~

Testing, that's all

• test 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • test 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I love your new sprite. I love the idea behind it, and the design is simple and cute. <:

The shading seems fine, and so does the lineart, but I feel that it's a little too square, and could be a little bit rounder *the bottom of the body, with the legs*. Maybe you could use a deeper blue as well for the ice.

It's lovely tho. =D Can't wait to see more!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
like chingabell :p

Alder

Come at me bro
Love the glacier Pokemon, I hope it has an evolution?

Maybe Glaesh could be the Iceberg Pokemon and its evolution be the Glacier...?

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Amy~ THANKS SO MUCH! I think a deeper blue would be nice, it would give it the more watery feel!

Noobiess~ You might have not seen my other posts, but please don't post one liner comments, they are no help to me unless they have a crit in them. If you'd like to just say my sprite is nice, you are welcome to through VM or PM. :) Thank you though. I enjoy seeing nice comments like that, but they give me no help in improving.

Alder~ your question will be answered soon. *See sprite*

Not much news on the region, other than I don't think the thread will be made any time soon. :(
*tears up a bit*
But I have a new sprite! And that's something to be happy about, right? No? Okay...
But here it is:
sharkurg.gif

It's Glaesh's evo. Sharkurg the Iceburg Pokemon. Does this answer your question Alder?
Please c+c.

~AQUA~

PS: Pokechuppa has reconsidered helping and is now a spriter! We have...6...spriters now?​

Last edited:

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Wha??

Why can't you make the thread? If I was able to make my thread, then so should you! Didn't you ask Zephyr Flare?

Anyways, some crit on the Sharkurg. It's weird, everyway I look at it, I see it from a different perspective, like that picture of stairs that you can't understand where everything goes. It seems a bit 2 dimensional when you look at it straight on, but when you look at it from the left, you can see it more.

Since I'm not an expert spriter, I can't really tell you how to fix it, only that the ice piece in the center seems to be more lighted on the bottom rather than the top.

I do like how you merged it with a shark, so that's cool. :D

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
these aren't half bad ^_^ one thing though that ancient feraligatr looks sorta like steeli in the jaw and eyes. Seriously! O_O

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Have I posted before? Can't remember.
Anyway...

Starters are really cute. I'd choose the grass one. It's cute, and, once it fully evolved, I'd ride on it (It looks sooo cozy!) and have it sit on whoever irratated me.

Trio are nice. At first I thought they looked a bit plain, then I read your latter comment to Alder. Genius! If they have a leader (Like Lugia for the Birds, Regigigas for the Golems... must I go on?), It'll be amazing. I can just see it. Oh, by the way, what are they? You might of already posted this, but I missed it if you did.

Galcatic (Awsome pun with the name, by the way) Is sooo cute! Like the idea of it haveing an entire universe inside it's adorable body (Wonder what happens when it eats?).

Type things make me drool, as does the iceburg guy... Adorable! Does he have a third evo?

And thus ends my probably useless post... See Ya Later!

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
So now it's 11pm, I stopped by this thread again, and I think I have it. You're shading is perfectly correct, I was overlooking it. That series of plates of ice is the front. I see...

I was looking at it as if it were a flat, shattered pieces of ice with eyes. Now I get it...you can ignore my crit post. Great job on the sprite.

Alder

Come at me bro
Lol, nice one Starrmyt.

Umm, teh iceberg thing is a little confusing. The browm color is the color of the actual body, no? Then the brown thing above its fave would be a sort of crest or horn. Then it should be in the middle of its head. It seems that all of the ice plates are on one side of its body. This turns it into a Torterra-like thing, with the ice plates on one side and the brown thingy on the other. On the sprite, there is an empty-ish space between the top of the brown thingy and the rightmost ice spike. If shaded correctly, you could add another ice plate to show that they are on the other side of its body, too.

Perhaps the glacier could have an igloo prevo...?

And a little thing that's bothering me, I'm pretty sure glaciers are bigger than icebergs...so it doesn't make sense for a glacier to evolve into an iceberg...meh, I guess if Gloom can shrink into Bellossom...it's your call.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
TO EVERYONE~ Thank you so much for commenting. Alder, it’s not brown, it’s grey, and I understand what you’re saying about the iceberg thing…But I don’t know if I can change the names to suite that…
!!!!NEW SPRITES!!!!
Yes, that’s right. New sprites. Note the s. I’ve got four for you guys today. And here they are:
frocklear.gif

ghur.gif

tome.gif

quadrome.gif

I like Ghur the best. The name suites it. ;) But Frocklear’s sprite turned out quite nice. What do you guys think?
The concept of Tome and Quadrome were originaly going to be stereos, but then I thought to make them the monotone Pokémon. I used black as the outline because they are black Pokémon. If any of my spriters would like to fix the sprite to how they see it should be, then go right on ahead. Oh, and Douger, if you’re reading this, your first job will be to sprite Frocklear’s evo. :)
Hyper Chibi Absol, I’ll PM you your assignment as soon as possible.
Everyone, please c+c
~AQUA~​

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Lol...tell me, I think the Ghur is a prevo of that big hairy this that left behind a trail of goo, no? XD

I like the ideas behind Tome and Quadrome, and the fact that you swerved away from being Loudred-esque at the last second. :) Frocklear is amazing, and I don't really have that much else to say.

Hmm...short post. Oh well. Good job. :D

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Frocklear's really cute. It has a nice pose, and I don't see any problem with the proportions and shading. I feel that the lines meet a bit too much around the neck, and it's like this dark area there. You may want to touch that up.

A little unsure at what Ghur is, but it looks good with the lines and shading. :3

Tome and Quadrome are epic! o: I like the idea behind it, and the sprites are really well made. I think it could use something on it with a different colour though. A stripe or two, perhaps?

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
My newest sprite:

I don't feel like updating the first post. Im being really lazy and thats WAY to much work. :(

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Okay...no comments.
Well here's a new scratch of an official pokemon to congratulate LSA on her wonderful victory with her Magcargo.

Hooray!!!
I have a problem with the face though...

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Okay...no comments.
Well here's a new scratch of an official pokemon to congratulate LSA on her wonderful victory with her Magcargo.

Hooray!!!
I have a problem with the face though...

Uooohhhh~~ Thanks so much!! =D It looks really good!! <33

The face seems fine. I think it's the drops of lava on the face, maybe. They seem like they drop a bit too far down.

I love it though! ^__^

Your other sprite looks neat too. I don't really have much crit for it, since it seems fine to me. <: You have such creativity. I love it!

Denmen10

very nice, only your scratches look off esspecialy your 2d evo of cindaquil

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Can you explain a bit more please? Like how? I'm literally gonna start reporting people from this point on. Please eleborate on these comments.

CrystalDepths

Jack Of All Trades
Yeah, the Quilava scratch does look a bit off. The legs mainly look kinda like they're hanging. I don't know, maybe its just the lack of flames that's throwing me off. And the line on the back leg is disturbing me.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Uh...
My entry is supposed to be a Qwilfish as a snake. But I'm not sure if it looks enough like a snake. :/

Does it?

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Uh...
My entry is supposed to be a Qwilfish as a snake. But I'm not sure if it looks enough like a snake. :/

Does it?

It reminds me more of those sand worms from the Final Fantasy series, but yes, it does resemble a snake.

I have a problem with the face area, though. The mouth is really messy, and it's hard to tell where there's teeth and where there isn't. If you want it to look more snake-like, just remember that the main teeth on a snake is just plainly, their fangs.
It probably would have suited a skinnier, longer face, with the two fangs showing. I know you wanted it to keep Qwilfish's appearance, so maybe you could have made the area around the end of the face pink, rather than make obvious lips for it.

I've seen lately with alot of peoples' sprites, that dithering is becoming more and more overused. Dithering shouldn't be used excessively, only in places where you can't use an extra shade in between *because it'd make it look messy*. You're using dithering in way too many places, which gives the sprite quite a messy feel to it.

Maybe also keeping Qwilfish's fins at the side would make it look more obvious that it's a Qwilfish re-body.

Hope this helps. <: