• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aquatic Passion (PokeShipping)

CHAPTER 17 - JELLYFISHING AND KISSING

Some days after Ash lost to Melody, our heroes finally reached Ecruteak City. Of course, Ash was looking forward to his next Gym Battle. Because of that, our heroes immediately went to the Gym.

Ash was knocking on the door. “Hello, is somebody there?” he shouted.

One minute later, a blonde-haired man opened the door. “Hey, it’s cool to see you three again!” he said.

“Hi Morty!” Misty said.

“Will you battle me?” Ash immediately asked.

“Sure I will, come on in!” Morty replied. “Darling, we have a challenger here,” he said to a woman in the Gym.

“Hey, what’s Sabrina doing here?” Ash asked.

“She’s my girlfriend. We’re dating,” Morty answered.

“You two look like a cute couple,” Misty said.

“Thanks,” Sabrina said.

“Sabrina, do you think you and me would look cute a a couple?” Brock asked.

“No,” Sabrina said, making Brock cry.

“Hey, that’s my Haunter!” Ash shouted, referring to the Pokemon he owned for a very short time back in Kanto, when he was a rookie. Sabrina owns the Ghost now, and she took it with her on her date with Morty.

“Ash, Haunter tells me by telepathy that he wants to battle by your side, just this one time, to apologise for the way he abandoned you when you were battling me six years ago. So how about it?” the psychic Sabrina asked.

“Of course!” Ash replied.

“Haun Haun,” Haunter said happily, with a nice smile.

“Well, that’s settled then. Good luck!” Sabrina said.

Then, Morty and Ash walked to the battle field. Misty, Brock and Sabrina were watching on the stand. In order to cheer better, Misty decided to take Hoppip out of her Poke Ball. The Grass Pokemon decided to stand next to Togetic. Together, the cuties started cheerleading for Ash.

The referee entered the field. “This is an official Gym Battle between challenger Ash and Ecruteak Gym Leader Morty. This is a three versus three Pokemon battle without a time limit. Trainers, choose your Pokemon!”

“Haunter, you’re so eager to battle, so let’s do this!” Ash shouted. Unlike six years ago, Haunter actually listened to Ash and entered the battlefield.

“I choose you, Gengar!” Morty shouted. He hurled a Poke Ball from his belt, and the big purple ghost appeared.

“Trainers, begin!” the referee shouted.

“Haunter, let’s start with your Shadow Ball!” Ash shouted. A black blob was shot at Gengar, who wasn’t fast enough to evade the attack.

“Gengar, you can take that. Now, use your Thunderbolt!” Morty commanded. A strong beam of lightning struck Haunter. The Ghost Pokemon looked like he was done for, but was able to carry on.

“Haunter, now use your Dark Pulse!” Ash shouted. A dark aura struck Gengar.

“Gengar, use Confuse Ray!” Morty said. A black and red aura touched Haunter, who was out of control.

“Now finish it with Shadow Ball!” Morty shouted. The purple ball hurled by Gengar struck Haunter, who collapsed.

“Haunter, no!” Ash moaned.

“Haunter is defeated. Gengar is the winner!” the referee announced.

“Haunter, you did a good job,” Ash said. “I agree,” Sabrina added to that. Then, she called the Ghost back into its Poke Ball.

“Gengar is strong, but Noctowl is stronger. Go, Noctowl!” Ash shouted.

“Gengar, use your Thunderpunch!” Morty shouted. Gengar hovered at Noctowl with a left fist glowing from electricity. However, Ash told Noctowl to evade just in time.

“Good, Noctowl. Now, it’s time for Psybeam!” Ash commanded. A colourful beam was shot at Gengar, who seemed to have trouble with it.

“Gengar, let’s finish this with Ice Punch,” Morty said gently. Gengar flew at Noctowl, and this time, he hit the owl.

“Noctowl, you can go on!” Ash shouted. “Now, use your Air Slash!” Cutting blades were shot at Gengar, who got seriously hurt.

“Noctowl, now, finish this with a Shadow Ball!” Ash commanded. A black blob was thrown at Gengar, who crashed down from the sky and got defeated! The referee acknowledged this, and Morty had to retreat his Gengar. Then, he grabbed a Poke Ball from his belt, and sent out his Dusknoir.

“Dusknoir, let’s do this! Use your Ice Beam!” A cold beam escaped the Ghost Pokemon’s mouth, but Noctowl was able to evade it.

“Noctowl, use your Steel Wing!” Ash shouted. Noctowl flew at Dusknoir, hitting it harshly.

“That’s a nasty Steel Wing, and a critical hit. But Dusknoir can still go on. Dusknoir, use your Confuse Ray!” The beam affected Noctowl, who was hopping around and unable to listen to its Trainer’s commands.

“Noctowl, try to use your Shadow Ball!” Ash tried. However, the attack was shot in the opposite direction of the enemy, and got hurled at Ash, who collapsed.

Misty was shocked, and ran at her boyfriend. “Ash, are you okay?” Ash didn’t move.

“Oh no, this is bad! Maybe we need to call a doctor!” Sabrina suggested. “But first, let’s wait and see if Ash gets any better.”

Five minutes later, Ash still didn’t move. Misty started crying, afraid that her boyfriend might’ve just died. Her tears landed on Ash’s face. Then, Misty softly kissed Ash on his cheek.

Then, a miracle happened: Ash opened his eyes! Misty was relieved: Ash was alive!

“Misty, where am I?” Ash asked.

“You’re at the Ecruteak Gym now. You were battling Morty, when Noctowl accidentally hit you with his Shadow Ball,” Misty answered.

“To me, it seems like it’s best to quit this battle. Let Ash recover and then we can battle again tomorrow,” Morty suggested.

“That’s a good idea, Morty,” Misty agreed.

However, Ash didn’t want that. “No, I wanna continue this battle!” he said angrily. “Misty, help me up!” Misty grabbed Ash’s arm, and helped him to stand up.

“Well, do you really want that, Ash?” Morty asked.

“Of course! And I don’t even feel the pain from the Shadow Ball anymore! Misty’s kiss saved me,” Ash replied.

“Well, if that’s true, we can continue,” Morty said. “But if you feel dizzy or feel pain, just tell me if you want to quit this battle.”

“No, I wanna battle!” Ash replied angrily.

“Noctowl, try another Shadow Ball!” he shouted. Noctowl was still confused, but this time Ash didn’t get hit: the attack ended up hitting the wall. Noctowl was still hopping around aimlessly.

“Dusknoir, let’s finish this with Ice Beam!” Morty shouted. Noctowl hopped away just in time to prevent getting hit, without knowing what he was doing.

“Noctowl, you can do it! I believe in you!” Ash shouted. Then, Noctowl came to his senses!

“Oh no!” Morty thought.

“Noctowl, now use your Shadow Ball, and this time you can hit that damn Dusknoir!” Noctowl shot a very powerful attack at the Ghost Pokemon, who was too slow to evade. Dusknoir collapsed!

“Dusknoir is defeated, Noctowl is the winner!” the referee stated. Noctowl thanked Dusknoir for his efforts and returned it to its Poke Ball.

“Ash, I only have one Pokemon left, but I’m not giving in! Misdreavus, I choose you!” the Gym Leader shouted.

“Noctowl, use your Psybeam!” Ash shouted. A colourful beam was shot at the Ghost Pokemon.

“Misdreavus, evade and then use Thunderbolt!” Morty shouted. After evading the attack, Misdreavus zapped Noctowl, who was too exhausted to evade, mainly because of the fight against Dusknoir. The referee declared Misdreavus the winner, so Ash had to retreat his trusty owl.

“Noctowl, you were awesome. Really, really awesome. Now, have some rest in your Poke Ball,” Ash said. “Bulbasaur, it all depends on you now!” he shouted.

“Bulba Bulbasaur,” his faithful Grass Pokemon added to that.

“Bulbasaur, let’s do this quickly. Use your Solarbeam!” Ash shouted. The Grass Pokemon started charging the strong attack.

“Misdreavus, Rain Dance!” Morty shouted. Raindrops started falling in the Gym, even though there were no holes in the roof of the Ecruteak Gym. The rain caused Bulbasaur to struggle charging his Solarbeam.

Then, when Ash decided to make Bulbasaur stop charging, Morty’s Misdreavus quickly used Thunder on her unsuspecting opponent! Normally, that wouldn’t do much damage, but now Bulbasaur was wet because of the rain, an small boom followed. When the smoke went away, Ash saw Bulbasaur was exhausted, but not defeated.

“Can you go on?” Ash asked. His Grass Pokemon nodded “yes.”

“Misdreavus, use your Shadow Ball!” Morty commanded. A black ball was hurled at Bulbasaur.

“Bulbasaur, use your Energy Ball!” Ash shouted. A green ball of energy was directed at the Shadow Ball, which made the attack culminate in an explosion.

When the smoke drifted away, Ash and Morty saw that Bulbasaur and Misdreavus were exhausted. Bulbasaur had trouble just standing, and Misdreavus had trouble hovering. Then, both Pokemon collapsed! The referee said “Bulbasaur and Misdreavus have been defeated, the ...”

Then, both Pokemon tried to stand up: the battle wasn’t over yet! Both Pokemon made desperate attempts to get up. Then, Bulbasaur stood up, and Misdreavus hovered upwards too.

However, then, Misdreavus collapsed. This time, she was really defeated. Bulbasaur was barely able to stand, but his willpower enabled him to do so.

The referee looked at both Pokemon. Then, he said “Misdreavus is defeated, Bulbasaur is the winner. Victory goes to the challenger, Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!”

“Yay, I won!” Ash shouted. Morty walked up to his opponent. “Ash, you did a great job, especially Noctowl impressed me. You deserve this Fog Badge!”

“Yay, I got a Fog Badge!” Ash shouted. Pikachu ran up to Ash and started celebrating and taking the glory like he always did, even though he didn’t battle himself. “Pi Pikachu!”

“Well done, Ash!” Sabrina said. “You deserved to win.”

“That was awesome, Ash!” Misty said, to compliment Ash. “And I have a surprise for you: when we walked through the city, to the Gym, I saw an Alto Mare-style restaurant in which you can have Pokemon battles and eat unlimited for up to six hours for just 10 Poke Dollars per person! So this evening, we can have dinner there, and I’ll pay.”

“Thank you so much, Misty! It’ll be awesome,” Ash replied. Then, Ash retreated Bulbasaur to his Poke Ball. “Thank you, champ! Have some rest.”

“Now, shall we go to the lake just east outside of this city to have lunch and fish?” Misty asked.

“That’s a good idea, it’s very close to this Gym,” Ash replied.

“I don’t have time to eat with you two tonight, but I’ll come along to the lake before I’m leaving on the plane to Kanto,” Brock said.

After saying goodbye to Sabrina, Morty and Haunter, our heroes left the Gym, walked up east through a small street and ended up at a beautiful, clean, blue, big lake.

“Well, I took my rod, with my latest Misty lure, made one year ago. Are you two going to fish too?” Misty asked.

“No, we won’t,” Ash and Brock said.

“Okay. Well, have fun eating!” Misty said. Brock and Ash both took a sandwich and ate a big bite out of it. Misty did the same thing too, she wasn’t catching anything...

“Ash, do you remember when we talked about love during the Catch-A-Seaking Contest?” Brock asked.

“Of course, why do you ask?” Ash replied.

“Ash, did you ever kiss a woman?” Brock responded.

“I’ve kissed Misty several times. She says I’m a great kisser, even though I don’t see what’s so special about my kisses.” Ash replied.

“She must love you a lot,” Brock said. “That alone is enough to make your kisses so great for her.”

“I love her a lot too. I wish I would’ve realized it some years earlier...” Ash moaned. A few seconds later, he asked Brock whether he kissed many women or not.

“Yes, Ash, I’ve kissed different women. And I even went further a few times. But my most memorable kiss was the one I had with Lucy,” Brock answered. “Have you ever kissed others than Misty?”

“Of course not!” Ash snapped.

“Why not?” Brock asked.

“Well, before I realized my feelings for Misty, I didn’t care about kissing. And after realizing these, I didn’t want to kiss others. However, I did get kisses from Melody and Bianca on my cheek,” Ash replied.

“Why didn’t you like those?” Brock asked.

“Well, I don’t have feelings for them. The only one who should kiss me is Misty,” Ash replied.

“Ash, if Melody would kiss me, I’d kiss her back and ask her on a date! However, Ash, you’re as dense as hell, but sometimes I wish I would be as faithful as you,” Brock said.

Then, a pink Pokemon appeared: it was Jigglypuff! The pink puffball started singing its song. Ash, Misty and Brock fell asleep. However, Togetic didn’t, because Pikachu was protecting Togetic’s ears, so she didn’t hear the song. Pikachu fell asleep himselves, but Togetic stayed awake. Then, she used her Hyper Beam to send Jigglypuff flying: this time, Jigglypuff wasn’t able to draw on our heroes’s faces, because the singer was blasting off again!

Two hours later, Togetic was finally able to wake Misty up, who hurled her rod at the water again. This time, something was on the hook! With a lot of trouble, she reeled in the rod: a Tentacruel! The jellyfish was angry about being fished up, Togetic was barely able to evade a hit from Tentacruel’s tentacles.

“Togetic, use your Shockwave!” Misty commanded. The electric attack immediately took care of Tentacruel, who was in the water, causing it to get an extra hard shock: water conducts electricity.

“Lure Ball, go!” Misty shouted, hurling the special Apricorn Poke Ball at the jellyfish. It stayed inside: Misty finally caught the Pokemon she always wanted! “Yes, I have... a Tentacruel!” Misty shouted. Her and her Togetic’s loud cheering woke Ash and Brock up.

“Hey, sleepyheads, I caught a Tentacruel!” Misty said happily. Ash was very happy for her, while Brock congratulated her. Then, the Lure Ball was transported to Professor Oak’s laboratory.

“Misty, Ash, I have to go now, I want to catch my plane without hurrying!” Brock said. “Bye, awesome friends!”

“Bye, Brock!” Ash and Misty shouted.

A few minutes later, Ash and Misty started talking about kissing. “Misty, Brock and I talked about kissing while you were fishing. I never kissed anyone else but you. And how is that with you?” Ash asked.

“I also never kissed anyone else but you, and I’d like to keep it that way. I love you and haven’t been attracted to other guys in the six years I missed you,” Misty replied. “I’m romantic, you’re dense, but we’re still discovering love together!”

“Yeah. And so far, I love it,” Ash replied.

“Me too,” Misty agreed. Then, she looked at the Ecruteak Church, which was visible from the lake. “We should go to the restaurant for your dinner!”

Then, Ash’s stomach growled. “I think my stomach likes your idea!”

“Ash, don’t you have anything more fancy to wear than your current outfit? That would be nice for this restaurant,” Misty asked.

“Yeah, my mom told me this shirt would be fitting, so I took it with me,” Ash replied, showing the fancy black shirt his mother gave him. “Shall I wear that?”

“Yes, that’s good,” Misty replied. Because no one was at the lake except for Ash, Misty, Pikachu and Togetic, Misty was able to put on her more fancy clothes: black high-heeled shoes, a long, black, elegant skirt, a red, strapless belly top and a black coat. “Ash, do I look good?” she asked.

“Of course! And how about me?” Ash asked.

“You too,” Misty responded. Then, they walked to the restaurant. After walking through what looked like a mini-forest and passing the Ecruteak City Gym, Ash and Misty reached the restaurant. However, before entering the building, they used a video phone that was next to the restaurant.

“Hello, Ash and Misty!” Professor Oak said.

“Hello!” Ash said. “I won a Fog Badge today!”

“That’s great,” Oak replied. “I have to ask you something, by the way.”

“What is it?” Ash asked.

“Well, the Pokemon here started fighting again. So I’d need Bulbasaur again. However, I think he should teach one of your other Pokemon to be the peace keeper. Your Leavanny really wants to take over, but Bulbasaur would need to teach him some things. Could you please send your Bulbasaur to me? When you arrive in Olivine City, you can get him back, then I think he must’ve taught Leavanny how to do the job,” asked.

“Well, okay then,” Ash said. “But Bulbasaur participated in an extremely harsh fight against Morty, so he’ll need to rest before he can work,” Ash warned the Professor.

“That’s okay. Do you want to swap some more Pokemon?” Oak asked.

“Well, I haven’t used Kingler, Muk and Tauros in quite some time. So how about those?” Ash suggested. “Then I’ll send you Bulbasaur, Noctowl and Totodile.”

“Okay, put the Poke Balls on the transporter one by one, and we’ll swap them,” Oak replied.

After the switch, Oak asked Misty whether she wanted to swap some Pokemon too. “You didn’t do any switches aside from getting your Hoppip, so do you want to use some other Pokemon?”

“That’s a good idea. I’ll start rotating until the Whirl Cup, so I can see all of my Pokemon again before the Whirl Cup. Then please send me Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Politoed and my newly caught Tentacruel,” Misty answered. “I’ll send you Corsola, Marill, Dewgong, Psyduck and Hoppip.”

“Okay. Could you please send me Togetic too? I’d like to do some research, and Togetic is a rare Pokemon,” Oak asked.

“No!” Misty shouted. Togetic looked angrily at the man she saw on the video phone screen. “And it seems like Togetic also doesn’t want that!”

“Okay, okay, sorry! Then let’s do the other switches,” Oak replied. Then, Misty also swapped Pokemon. Then, Ash and Misty said bye to Professor Oak and ended the phone call.

Ash’s stomach roared again. “Ash, did you already decide what you’re gonna order?” Misty asked.

“It’s an all-you-can-eat restaurant! I’ll take whatever I like and eat a crapload of food!” Ash responded. Then, Ash and Misty went in the beautiful, white building.

When they entered, Ash saw how the restaurant worked: there were many kinds of warm food, and he could take whatever he wanted for the upcoming six hours! Whenever he wanted for saw there were many kinds of food, and he could eat whatever he wanted! He picked a hamburger, three sandwiches, a plate full of French fries, a plate of spaghetti, three pizzas and some fishsticks, and decided to drink beer. Misty decided to eat a pizza and drink a can of coke. Then, Ash started eating. His eating style was quite inappropriate: he ate everything with his hands and ate with his mouth open. Misty was ashamed of it, but because she was used to it, she decided to not complain about it this time.

“And, do you like it here, Ash?” Misty asked.

“It’s an awesome restaurant!” Ash replied, with a bite of pizza in his mouth.

Four hours later, Ash finally stopped eating: he was filled with junkfood and also was a little tipsy. Then, he had to go to the bathroom “Misty, I gotta take a pee. I’ll be right back!”

“Okay, Ash,” Misty said.

Then, a brown-haired guy walked up to Ash’s and Misty’s table. “It’s so awesome to see you again, you still look attractive!”

Last edited:
CHAPTER 18 - EVOLVING RIVALRIES

After Ash’s battle against Morty, the Ecruteak City Gym Leader, Misty took him to a restaurant to celebrate the victory. When Ash went to the bathroom there, a man walked to Misty’s table and told her how attractive she is.

“Hello, Rudy, and thank you!” Misty replied. It was Rudy, the Trovita Island Gym Leader. Six years ago, he had a crush on Misty. Unfortunately for him, she rejected him and decided to stay with Ash.

“Misty, are you still with Ash?” he asked.

“Yes, I am,” Misty replied.

“Where is he now?” Rudy asked.

“He’s in the bathroom,” Misty answered.

“Why don’t you leave him and travel with me?” Rudy asked. “I left the Gym to my little sister, Mahri. She’s old enough now. And I want to travel.”

“Because I love Ash!” Misty replied.

“But aren’t you even a little bit attracted to me?” he asked.

“No, and I never was! Your compliments six years ago flattered me, but I wasn’t attracted to you at all. I saw you as someone who could be a good friend for me, but I wasn’t romantically or sexually attracted to you at all,” Misty answered.

“Don’t you even see me as a little hot?” Rudy asked.

“No. Not six years ago and still not,” Misty replied.

“Could you kiss me? Ash is in the bathroom now, so he won’t notice. I won’t get a relationship, but please at least kiss me...” Rudy asked.

“No, I never kissed others than Ash and I’d like to keep it that way,” Misty answered. “I don’t kiss outside of relationships.”

“But now I’ll be alone forever!” Rudy moaned.

“No, there are other girls out there,” Misty replied. “Hey, I know! Let’s set you up with someone in this restaurant! Maybe falling in love with someone else will help you getting over your crush on me. Let’s go to the Battle Lounge of this restaurant,” Misty suggested. “But we’ll wait for Ash first.”

Then, Ash came back. “Misty, what’s he doing here?” he asked, afraid that the brown-haired guy was trying to steal his girlfriend away.

“Rudy tried to get a kiss from me, but he’s not getting one,” Misty said. “Now, I’ll try showing him there are other girls out there than me, so I’ll try setting him up with someone in the Battle Lounge.”

“That’s a great idea!” Ash replied. “And I’m looking forward to have a nice battle too.”

After going to the basement of the restaurant, where the battle lounge was, Misty noticed that Marina, her rival, was there. “Rudy, what do you think of the blue-haired girl standing right over there? She’s single, and I think you two would make a great couple.”

“She looks gorgeous!” Rudy replied. “Is she a nice person as well?”

“Yes, she is,” Misty replied.

“Then, what are we waiting for?” Rudy said. He ran at Marina, introduced himself and told Marina how beautiful she looked.

“Rudy, you don’t look bad either. I’m Marina. It’s nice to meet you,” Marina replied to Rudy. Then, the two started talking about lots of things.

“Ash, I think it’s love at first sight between those two!” Misty said happily.

“Misty, is this really necessary? I wanna battle now!” Ash complained.

“Ash, please... I have a nice idea for a battle. Give me five minutes and I’ll arrange a nice tag battle for the two of us,” Misty replied.

“Okay then...” Ash replied.

Five minutes later, Rudy walked to Misty. “Misty, thank you so much! It’s love at first sight. Marina and I are both traveling, so we’ll travel together now.”

“You’re welcome,” Misty said. “Rudy, how about a tag battle between you and Marina against Ash and me?”

“That’s a great idea!” Rudy answered.

“But don’t complain if we beat you!” Marina added to that.

“There’s no need for that, ‘cause you two are going down,” Ash said.

“Could we please go to the Water field? I want to use a Water Pokemon, and I suppose Misty will do that as well?” Marina suggested.

“Of course,” Ash said.

“Sure, why not?” Rudy added to that.

“I indeed want to use a Water Pokemon, so it’s a great idea!” Misty said. Then, the two couples walked to the battlefield.

Then, the trainers chose their Pokemon. Marina decided to go with Octillery, Rudy chose his Exeggutor, Ash sent out his Growlithe and Misty chose to give her newly caught Tentacruel a first battle.

“Exeggutor, let’s start with your Egg Bomb on Growlithe!” Rudy shouted. Both Growlithe and Exeggutor were stuck on a platform, where they were unable to evade each other’s attacks: both Pokemon were unable to swim. Growlithe got hurt, but wasn’t defeated.

“Tentacruel, use your Blizzard!” Misty commanded. Exeggutor was frozen, while Octillery quickly evaded the attack by going underwater.

“Octillery, use your Sludge Bomb on Growlithe!” Marina commanded. Because Growlithe was unable to evade and also didn’t know where Octillery was, he was about to get hit. However, Misty commanded her Tentacruel to take the attack.

“Thanks, Misty!” Ash said.

“You’re welcome, Ash!” she replied.

“Growlithe, now use your Overheat on Exeggutor!” Ash commanded. Because Exeggutor was unable to avoid getting hit, the Grass Pokemon got defeated by Growlithe’s strong attack.

“No, Exeggutor!” Rudy screamed. He called back his Pokemon.

“Octillery, use your Seed Bomb on Tentacruel!” Marina commanded.

“Growlithe, use your Flamethrower on the Seed Bomb to protect Tentacruel!” Ash shouted. Growlithe did what he had to do: he turned the seeds into ash.

“Tentacruel, let’s end this with a Poison Sting!” Misty commanded. Tentacruel shot poisonous needles at the octopus Pokemon, who was defeated.

Then, Ash, Misty, Rudy and Marina called their Pokemon back. “Ash, Misty, you two work well together. Marina and I didn’t, that’s why you two won,” Rudy said.

“Well, Ash and I have done many tag battles in the past, and also a few on this journey. You and Marina only know each other for about an hour. Just practice often and you two can become a tag battling couple too!” Misty said.

“Okay, we will!” Marina answered.

“Ash and I are going now, it’s eleven o’clock in the evening, and we need to sleep,” Misty said.

“Bye, Rudy and Marina!” Ash added to that.

“Well, Rudy and I are gonna battle, eat and dance the night away here!” Marina replied with a big smile on her face. “Misty, thank you so much for setting me up with Rudy!”

“You’re welcome!” Misty replied.

Then, Ash and Misty walked to the Pokemon Center, which wasn’t very far away from the restaurant. Misty carried Togetic in her arms, while Pikachu was sitting on Ash’s left shoulder. “Ash, did you enjoy this evening?” Misty asked.

“Yes, it was awesome! The food was great, the beer was great and the battle against Rudy and Marina was great!” Ash answered.

“That’s good to hear. I had a nice time too,” Misty replied. “It was nice to get Rudy and Marina together, and the food was nice too. And it was nice to use Tentacruel for the first time.”

“Yeah, and we worked well together,” Ash added to that.

“We certainly had a good time,” Misty concluded.

“Is there any reason it has to end now?” Ash asked, with a smile on his face.

“Yes, there is. I’m tired,” Misty answered. Ash looked disappointed.

Then, Ash and Misty reached the Pokemon Center. They brushed their teeth, took off their clothes, put on their pyjamas and went to their two-person bed, after saying good night to Pikachu and Togetic.

The next morning, Ash and Misty brushed their teeth, put on their clothes and had breakfast. Then, they were on the road again, heading for Olivine City. It was a grassy road with a few trees here and there.

“Misty, I have a good idea: how about a little battle? It’s been a long time since we battled!” Ash proposed.

“That’s a good idea, Ashyboy,” Misty replied. “Let’s do it right here, right now, and both use one Pokemon.”

“Okay!” Ash replied. “Shall we make it a Water battle by battling in the lake there? Then you can practice for the Whirl Cup.”

“That’s a nice idea, sweet!” Misty answered. “Go, Goldeen!” she shouted. A white and red fish came out of the Poke Ball.

“Kingler, go!” Ash shouted. The strong crab Pokemon jumped into the water.

“Kingler, let’s start with a Crabhammer!” Ash commanded. Kingler raised one of his claws, and hit Goldeen very harshly.

“Goldeen, use your Horn Attack!” Misty shouted. Goldeen swam at Kingler, hitting him with her horn. However, it didn’t seem to do any damage to Kingler.

“Kingler, let’s finish this with another Crabhammer!” Ash commanded. Kingler hit the goldfish before she was able to evade the attack.

“Oh no, Goldeen!” Misty screamed, because her Pokemon seemed to be defeated.

Then, Goldeen was shoudred in a bright, white light. She grew, and when the light went away, Misty saw that her Goldeen evolved into a strong Seaking.

“That’s awesome, Goldeen, you’ve evolved!” Misty said happily.

“Seaking,” the fish replied.

“Oh, sorry, I mean Seaking,” Misty said to her Pokemon. “Now, let’s win this battle. Use your Megahorn!” Seaking swam at Kingler at high speed, charged into the crab and hit it harshly with its horn. Kingler looked severely damaged.

“Kingler, use your Bubble!” Ash commanded. However, the bubbles didn’t seem to affect the goldfish.

“Seaking, let’s end this with a Double-Edge!” Misty shouted. Seaking hurled itself at Kingler, who was defeated. Seaking was swimming around Kingler to celebrate her victory.

“That was awesome, Seaking!” Misty congratulated her Pokemon. Then, Togetic flew at Seaking. The two Pokemon started talking.

“Misty, that was awesome!” Ash said. “Congratulations with your Seaking!”

“Thank you, Ash,” Misty answered. Then, when Seaking and Togetic finished their conversation, Misty called Seaking back in her Poke Ball. Ash did the same with Kingler.

“It was nice to battle you again, even though I’ve lost,” Ash said to his girlfriend, when they walked onwards.

“I also enjoyed it. And don’t feel bad about losing. If Seaking wouldn’t have evolved, you would’ve won for sure,” Misty replied.

“Are you going to use Seaking in the Whirl Cup?” Ash asked his girlfriend.

“I think so. Seaking is much stronger than before,” Misty replied.

“Yeah, she indeed is,” he answered.

“Ash, no one is looking at us on this deserted road, and I feel like I could use a nice kiss, so shall we?” she asked.

“Sure,” he replied. Ash and Misty moved their heads toward each other, and kissed.

“Hey, Misty, you and Ash kissing is so cute!” Misty heard a voice from a few metres away. It was Sakura, who saw the kiss.

“Thank you, Sakura!” Misty said.

“Misty, shall we have a battle? I’ve caught some sweet new Pokemon since the last time we battled!” Sakura asked. “One against one, here,” she proposed.

“Okay, we will,” Misty answered. She took a Poke Ball from her bag, and sent out a star-shaped Pokemon. “Go, Starmie!” Misty shouted.

“Go, Manectric!” Sakura shouted, while sending out her blue and yellow Electric Pokemon.

“Oh no, I didn’t expect her to have a Manectric!” Misty thought. “And Starmie hasn’t battled in more than half a year...” She looked worried.

“Manectric, let’s start with a Thunderbolt!” Sakura commanded. A strong beam of lightning was shot at Starmie.

“Starmie, Light Screen!” Misty commanded. A wall appeared right before Starmie, protecting the star-shaped Pokemon from the electric attack. “And now use Water Gun!” she said. Manectric jumped away quickly.

“Now, Manectric, hit her with your Thunder!” Sakura shouted. This time, Starmie got hit, and was immediately defeated.

“Congratulations, Sakura! You did well,” Misty complimented her.

“Thank you!” Sakura said. “Why was your Starmie that weak?” she asked.

“I haven’t used her for quite some time, she was with Professor Oak for half a year, and also never really was my main battling Pokemon,” Misty explained.

“Okay, I understand,” Sakura replied.

“How many badges do you have now?” Misty asked.

“I have four badges,” Sakura answered.

“Ash has four badges as well now,” Misty replied.

“Sorry, but I have to go now. In the Ecruteak movie theatre, there’s a play in which my favourite actor plays the lead role, and I have a ticket,” Sakura said. “I don’t want to miss it. Bye, Misty and Ash!”

“Bye, Sakura, and have fun watching the movie,” Misty replied.

Then, Ash and Misty walked onwards, carrying their signature Pokemon. However, when they just started walking again, they heard a limousine stopping.

“Hey, Ashyboy, I just saw you, and I feel like a battle again,” Gary said.

“I’m up to it, but you’re gonna lose!” Ash shouted.

“Okay, dream on if you want,” Gary replied. “Go, Doduo!”

“Tauros, I choose you!” Ash shouted.

“Doduo, use your Fury Attack!” Gary commanded.

“Tauros, use your Take Down!” Ash shouted. Tauros and Doduo bumped into each other, and both hit each other with their strong attacks.

“Tauros, use your Tackle!” Ash commanded. Tauros hit Doduo again, the bird was too slow to evade the attack. Doduo collapsed!

“Doduo, come back,” Gary said. “Go, Umbreon!”

“Tauros, Giga Impact!” Ash commanded.

“Umbreon, use your Counter!” Gary shouted. Tauros hurted himself and not his opponent, and was defeated!

“Tauros, you did a nice job. Come back and have some rest,” Ash said. Then, he sent out his Muk.

“Umbreon, use your Tackle,” Gary commanded. Umbreon charged into the sludgy Pokemon, but the opponent dind’t get any damage.

“Muk, use your Body Slam!” Ash shouted. Muk covered Umbreon and lay on him for some time. When Muk went ended the attack on Umbreon, the Dark Pokemon was defeated.

“Umbreon, you did a good job. Now have some rest,” Gary said to his trusty pal. Then, he sent out his Furret.

“Muk, use your Sludge Bomb!” Ash commanded. However, Furret was fast enough to evade the sticky goo.

“Furret, now use your Slam!” Gary said. Furret landed on Muk, who did feel pain this time.

“Muk, fight back with your Fire Blast!” Ash commanded. Fire was shot at the Normal Pokemon, who got hit. “Nice, Muk! That Furret’s almost done for!” Ash said to his Poison Pokemon.

“Furret, let’s finish this with your Giga Impact!” Gary shouted. Furret had trouble standing up, but after succeeding at that, he charged into the Poison Pokemon, who was defeated!

“No, Muk!” Ash screamed. He looked surprised, he never expected that Giga Impact. He put Muk back in its Poke Ball and sent out his last Pokemon.

“Growlithe, I choose you!” he shouted. “We can win this, Furret must be tired now,” Ash thought.

“Furret, let’s do this! Use your Water Pulse,” Gary said. Water was shot at Growlithe , who was able to evade the blow just in time.

“Growlithe, use your Flamethrower!” Ash shouted. Gary commanded his Pokemon to avoid the attack, but Furret was too tired to do so and got hit. The Pokemon almost collapsed.

“Growlithe, now finish it with Flame Wheel!” Ash commanded. The dog bumped into the Normal Pokemon, who was done for.

“Oh no!” Gary shouted. He sent Furret back to its Poke Ball.

“Yay, we defeated Gary!” Ash shouted. He recalled Growlithe to his Poke Ball, after complimenting it for a great match.

“That was great, Ash!” Misty congratulated Ash. “Pi Pikachu,” Pikachu added to that, aided by a happy Togetic. “Togetic!”

“Hey, Ashyboy, next time I’ll beat you!” Gary shouted. Then, he hopped in his red limousine, being followed by his crying cheerleaders. He drove away quickly, feeling ashamed of his loss.

Then, Ash and Misty went onwards, following the road to Olivine City.

“Today was a good day for both of us,” Misty said. “Goldeen evolved into Seaking, and you defeated Gary.”

“You’re right,” Ash replied. “Do you feel bad about losing to Sakura?” he asked.

“No,” Misty replied.

“Why not?” Ash asked.

“Losing a battle is never nice, but losing is part of life, and everyone should deal with it the right way,” Misty replied.

“You’re right,” Ash answered.

Later that day, late in the evening, Ash and Misty were in trouble. “Ash, I’m out of bread, and I’m out of money. Do you have some money left?” Misty asked.

“No, I’m broke,” Ash replied.

“Well, we’ll have to find an one-time chore we can earn a lot of money with in a short amount of time,” Misty responded.

“Yeah, but how?” Ash asked.

“Hey, look over there!” Misty said. She saw the signboard of a pub. “Help needed. The owner of this pub is away for one afternoon on 1 November, and there are no employees. If you’re interested in filling in for one afternoon, come in. You’ll be paid nicely.”

“That’s perfect, just one afternoon!” Ash shouted. “And tomorrow is 1 November, so we could do this and get ourselves out of money issues, at least until the Whirl Cup starts.”

“And when I win the Whirl Cup, we’ll be out of money issues for a very long time!” Misty replied.

Then, they walked into the pub and went to a chubby man behind the counter. “Hello, sir,” Misty said. “Is this where we can get the job tomorrow?”

“Yes, it is,” the man replied. “I’m rich, so I’ll give you two a lot of money if one of you two stands behind the counter, and the other one of you can be a maid. I normally do that work together with my wife, and she and I will be visiting my parents tomorrow in the afternoon.”

“Well, how much money can we make?” Ash asked.

“How about 10.000 Poke Dollars for both of you?” the pub owner asked.

“Wow!” Ash and Misty shouted.

“We’ve got a deal,” the pub owner replied.

“Ash, I hope you can still fit in your maid outfit you once told me about!” Misty said to Ash, while winking with her right eye. Ash laughed. Then, he asked Pikachu to help him and Misty out tomorrow, Pikachu decided to do that.

“Togetic, do you also want to help tomorrow?” Misty asked her signature Pokemon. While nodding yes, the Pokemon replied ”Togetic!”

Last edited:
CHAPTER 19 - HARD WORK PAYS OFF

The next day, Ash and Misty were working in the pub in the afternoon. While he didn’t want to, Ash was wearing a maid suit: Misty wasn’t willing to be the maid, and he knew he shouldn’t anger her. While Ash was serving drinks to customers, Misty was standing behind the counter to take orders.

Late in the evening, a muscular boy with brown hair stood in front of the counter. “Good afternoon, sir. Could I take your order?” Misty asked.

“A kiss from you, and maybe go somewhat further after that,” the bodybuilder answered.

“Sorry, but I only kiss when I’m in a relationship, and I have a boyfriend,” Misty replied.

“Where is he?” the muscular boy asked.

“I’m over here,” Ash said, while serving beer to a regular customer.

“Hottie, that’s not a boyfriend. He looks more like a girlfriend to me,” the muscular guy said to Misty.

“Stop your flirting right now!” Ash shouted. His face was all red.

“And, will you ditch that guy and get together with me and my sixpack?” the bodybuilder asked.

“No! Of course not!” Misty snapped. “Are you going to place a serious order now? If not, then leave this place!”

“Well, I’ll request a Pokemon battle with you. Then I’ll show you that my Pokemon are just as strong as me, maybe my battling skills will turn you on,” the bodybuilder suggested.

“Fine, I’ll battle. But don’t expect me to get with you!” Misty answered. “How about a double battle?” she asked.

“Okay,” the failing flirter said. “Machop and Hitmontop, I choose you two!”

“Staryu and Politoed, I choose you two!” Misty said. “Ash, can you take over my work while I’m battling?” she asked her boyfriend.

“Do I have to?” Ash asked.

“Yes!” Misty shouted. Ash walked up to the counter to take orders.

“Machop, Tackle on Staryu!” Misty’s opponent commanded. However, the star-shaped Pokemon evaded the attack.

“Politoed and Staryu, use your Double Hydro Pump on Machop!” Misty commanded. Two strong rays of water came at Machop, who was instantly defeated by the majorly strong attacks.

“No, Machop!” the man screamed, while returning the defeated Pokemon to his Poke Ball. “Hitmontop, use your Rapid Spin on Politoed now!” he shouted. The handstand Pokemon started rotating very fast and went to Politoed, who got hit.

“Politoed, no!” Misty shouted. Politoed stood up. “Now, Staryu, use your Water Gun to slow him down!” Misty commanded. The star-shaped Pokemon did what its Trainer told it to do, causing Hitmontop to move less fast than before the attack.

“Hitmontop, now try to hit Staryu!” the bodybuilder shouted. Hitmontop hurled itself at Staryu, who hovered upwards and evaded the blow.

“Politoed, now he’s slow, hit him with your Doubleslap!” Misty commanded. The frog Pokemon kept hitting the Fighting Pokemon until he was defeated.

“Yes, we won!” Misty said happily. Togetic, Pikachu, Ash and Politoed cheered. Then, the strange flirter ran out of the pub at high speed after calling his Hitmontop back into his Poke Ball. Misty also called her Pokemon back.

“That was awesome, Misty!” Ash complimented.

“Thanks,” Misty said, giving Ash a high-five.

“Misty, can you help me behind the counter? It’s too much work to be a maid and a barkeeper at the same time...”

“No, the afternoon is over, the pub will be closed now. So you can take off your maid suit!” Misty said.

“Finally! I just don’t feel very comfortable wearing that dress,” Ash replied.

Then, the pub owner entered the building. “And, how did it go?” he asked.

“Well, until half past five, it went well, but then, some bodybuilder came in who tried to steal me away from Ash,” Misty responded.

“Oh, did he have brown hair and did he wear a white, sleeveless shirt?” the pub owner asked. Misty confirmed that he did.

“Then that’s probably Bad Bill, he comes here often to see if there are girls for him to flirt with. He thinks he can impress girls with being muscular, but so far, no girl has been interested in him,” he said to Misty.

“I can see why,” Misty answered. “He’s mean and smells bad.”

“And what did you do when he arrived?” the owner asked.

“He challenged me to a battle, I defeated him, and he ran out of this pub crying,” Misty said with a smile.

“You did a great job, I’m quite a good Pokemon trainer myself and I’ve never defeated him. And, what are you two going to do with the money I’m giving you?”

“We’re going to the Whirl Islands, and we were out of money, so we took this job so we can buy food, and maybe a cheap ticket for a boat ride from Olivine City to the Whirl Islands if we’re lucky enough to have some money left,” Ash answered.

“Well, you two are lucky. I bought two cruise tickets for a fancy cruise with my wife to the Whirl Islands with my wife, as a surprise for her birthday, but she doesn’t want to go. You two can have them!” the pub owner offered.

“Really?” Ash asked.

“Yes, you two can have them,” the owner answered.

“Thank you so much, sir!” Misty said. “Is there anything we can do in return for you?”

“No, you two did a great job and you even scared Bad Bill away,” the owner replied. “You two can also have dinner with me and spend the night at my house, which is just two minutes walking from here.”

“Thank you so much!” Ash replied.

The next day, Ash and Misty were on the road again. Then, Ash saw a familiar face: it was his old rival from Sinnoh, Paul!

“Ash, you look surprised. Who is that guy?” Misty asked.

Then, Paul interfered. “Paul is the name, Ash and I were rivals in Sinnoh six years ago.”

“I’m Misty, Ash’s girlfriend,” Misty said.

“Ash has a girlfriend?” Paul thought. “I never had one... Will I ever find love?”

“What are you doing here?” Ash asked his old rival.

“I’m training for the Johto League,” Paul replied.

“Maybe you two should battle!” Misty suggested.

“That’s a great idea, Misty,” Ash said. “Paul, are you up for a little battle, three vs. three?”

“Okay, if you want to be defeated that badly, be my guest,” Paul replied. “Go, Electivire!”

“Kingler, I choose you!” Ash said, after hurling his Poke Ball.

“That’s a stupid choice,” his rival said. “And your Kingler doesn’t look particulary strong.”

“You’ll think different after this battle,” he answered.

“Electivire, let’s start off with a Thunderbolt!” Paul shouted. The slow crab Pokemon got hit by a very strong attack right from the start!

“Kingler, no! Can you go on?” Ash asked. Kingler stood up, but was in a world of hurt.

“Electivire, this is easy! Let’s finish this one with another Thunderbolt!” Paul commanded.

“Kingler, try to evade and then use Water Pulse!” Ash commanded. Kingler barely avoided the attack, and then, the water of the Water Pulse touched Electivire’s body. The Electric Pokemon was under electricity from using Thunderbolt twice. Water conducts electricity, so the Water Pulse caused Electivire a lot of pain. The Electric Pokemon collapsed, Kingler was the winner!

“Well done, Ash and Kingler!” Misty shouted.

“That was awesome, Kingler!” Ash shouted.

“Electivire, come back,” Paul said. “Go, Froslass!”

“Kingler, you can do it! I believe in you!” Ash shouted to his exhausted Pokemon.

“Froslass, use your Shadow Ball!” Paul shouted. The black blob hit Kingler, who was defeated!

“Kingler, you did an awesome job. Come back and have some rest,” Ash said gently. “Pikachu, go!” The electric mouse came forward. Togetic wished him luck with a kiss on the cheek.

“Froslass, use your Ice Beam!” Paul commanded. A cold beam was shot at Pikachu, who ended up in a big block of ice.

“Pikachu, no!” Ash shouted.

“Face it, Ash! Pikachu lost!”

“Oh, what can I do...” Ash thought. Then, he showed Paul a big grin. “I got it!” he said. “Pikachu, use your Iron Tail to break the ice!” Pikachu moved its tail up and down in the ice, slowly breaking all of it.

“What?” Paul shouted.

“Pikachu, that was great!” Ash complimented his first Pokemon.

“Froslass, we can’t beat him with Ice attacks, but a Shadow Ball can take care of this,” Paul said. A black blob was shot at Pikachu, who got hit. However, he immediately stood up.

“Pikachu, hit her with a Volt Tackle!” Ash commanded. Pikachu jumped at Frosslas and gave her a shocking tackle. The Ice Pokemon was dizzy.

“Now, finish it with an Iron Tail!” Ash shouted. Pikachu jumped in the air and gave his opponent the final blow. Togetic ran at Pikachu to kiss him. Pikachu happily accepted that kiss.

“Froslass, come back,” Paul said. “Ash, are that Togetic and your Pikachu a couple?”

“Pikachu, you can tell him,” Ash said.

“Pika Pika!” the Pokemon answered, nodding “yes.”

“Pikachu, that’s great! You’re finally open about this!” Ash complimented.

“Ash is better than I thought. He has a sweet girlfriend, treats his Pokemon well and one of his Pokemon is even a couple with one of his girlfriend. And what do I have? I never had a girlfriend and I treat my Pokemon like crap...” Paul thought.

“What’s the matter, Paul? Why don’t you choose a Pokemon to battle?” Ash asked.

“Okay, I will... Drapion, go...” Paul muttered.

“Pikachu, use your Volt Tackle again!” Ash commanded. The Electric Pokemon gave Drapion a harsh hit, but collapsed himself. Togetic looked shocked. Using Volt Tackle against Froslass and getting out of the ice before that was too much for Pikachu. Ash took Pikachu in his arms and put him next to Togetic. “Pikachu, that was awesome,” he said.

“Bayleef, win this battle for yourself, for me and for Pikachu and Togetic!” Ash shouted, while sending Bayleef out of her Poke Ball.

“Bay Bay!” the Grass Pokemon answered.

“Drapion, we can win this. Use your X-Scissor!” Paul commanded.

“Bayleef, jump and use your Body Slam!” Ash said to his pal. The Grass Pokemon jumped with her Vine Whip, followed by hurling herself at Drapion, who was in a lot of pain.

“Drapion, don’t let that Grass Pokemon beat you. Use your Sludge Bomb!” Paul shouted.

“Bayleef, close its mouth with your Vine Whip!” Ash commanded. The Grass Pokemon closed Drapions mouth: the sludge couldn’t get out!

Thirty seconds later, Ash commanded Bayleef to smack Drapion up and down with Vine Whip, and then hurl it into the air. Bayleef did that: Drapion got some harsh blows, and when it was hurled into the air, it puked out some nasty sludge, but Bayleef wasn’t hit.

“Now, Bayleef, finish it with Razor Leaf!” Ash shouted. Drapion was hit and was done for!

“Bayleef, that was awesome!” Ash shouted. Then, Bayleef gave Ash a hug before getting called back into her Poke Ball.

“Drapion, come back. You were great,” Paul said to his defeated Pokemon.

Then, he walked up to Ash and said “Next time I’ll beat you. Don’t be too proud of your fluke win.” Then, he walked away.

“What a strange guy...” Misty said to Ash.

“I agree, and he treats his Pokemon like crap,” Ash replied while he and Misty walked onwards. They almost reached Olivine City.

“He didn’t even tell his Pokemon they did well, except for Drapion at the end,” she said.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Well, when he recalled Drapion, he was friendlier than when he recalled his other Pokemon. Maybe it’s because Togetic kissed Pikachu. After that, he became more humble and friendly until he got defeated. It’s like he had a change of heart,” she explained.

“No, that can’t be. Paul can’t change,” he responded.

Then, Ash and Misty reached Olivine City. They went to the Pokemon Center, and called Professor Oak to swap some Pokemon. After greeting each other, Misty sent Oak her Seaking, Starmie, Staryu and Politoed to Professor Oak and got her Gyarados, Luvdisc, Hoppip and Horsea.

Ash also swapped some Pokemon: he sent Kingler, Muk and Tauros to Professor Oak, and took Bulbasaur and Donphan with him. He didn’t know who else to take with him, so he decided to leave one team spot open.

“Ash, your Bulbasaur taught Leavanny how to be a perfect peace keeper. Bulbasaur is sent to you now, and the Pokemon aren’t fighting! And that while Bulbasaur was with me in the lab all day long,” Professor Oak said to Ash.

“That’s great!” Ash replied.

“Now you can always take either Bulbasaur or Leavanny with you,” Oak responded.

“Thanks for the Pokemon replacing,” Misty said.

“Bye!” Oak said. “And Ash, good luck with your Gym Battle against Jasmine! Tell her I said hi!”

“I will,” Ash answered. “Bye!”

“Ash, what Pokemon are you gonna use against Jasmine?” Misty asked, referring to the battle against the Gym Leader of Olivine City.

“Pikachu and Donphan, but I don’t know who to put in the third spot...” Ash said.

“Well, you still have one night to think about it,” Misty replied. “You’ll come up with the right choice.”

However, the next morning, Ash still didn’t make a decision. And he and Misty agreed to go to the Gym in one hour! Then, they took a walk on the beach. Because the weather was very cold, Misty wore her long, red winter jacket and a scarf with a checkerboard pattern. Ash wore his green winter jacket and a white snow hat. And they needed it: it started snowing!

“Wow, the weather forecast didn’t predict this yesterday!” Ash said.

“Ash, now do you see why we both needed to go clothe shopping back in Goldenrod City?” Misty asked.

“Yes...” Ash replied, knowing Misty wouldn’t accept a “no.” He clearly remembered the horror: he had to wait in a clothes store where Misty was trying on clothes for quite a long time.

“Good that you understand,” Misty responded.

“Misty, you gotta admit that my maid dress fits me way better than my current clothes,” Ash replied with a big smile. “I should’ve put it on, I could seduce whatever girl I want to seduce when wearing that thing, and then reject them and tell them they’ll never be as awesome as you.”

“It’s not the most kind thing to do, but it’s kinda funny,” she answered. Then, she and Ash bursted out in laughing. “Do you know what your third choice against Jasmine will be?” she asked.

“No... I’ll probably end up choosing Bulbasaur, Bayleef or Growlithe, depending on the situation. But I’d rather know who to choose at this moment, so I could think about possible tactics,” he replied.

“I understand,” she replied. “What Pokemon will you use first?”

“Donphan, I suppose,” he answered. “But it depends on what Jasmine chooses, if she chooses her Pokemon first.”

“Donphan is a smart choice, but remember that he hasn’t battled for a very long time. Don’t expect too much from him,” she said.

“You’re right,” he replied.

Then, they saw a big group of big, blue Pokemon arriving at the beach from a distance.

“Pika Pika!” Pikachu shouted, while waving to one of the Pokemon.

“Toge Togetic!” Togetic added to that. She happily flew up and down, it was just like she and Pikachu just saw an old friend again after not seeing that person for years.

“What’s up, Pikachu?” Ash asked, while the Pokemon came closer and closer to the shore.

Then, Misty knew what kind of Pokemon were swimming to the shore of Olivine.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Okay, I swear I made a review on this chapter earlier, but it seems it hasn't showed up yet. Anyway I'll type it again. Just wanted to day that I really enjoyed this chapter and found it amusing. It seemed that Misty was getting a lot of unwanted male attention and Ash was acting manly to impress her. Sounds like an interesting and hard day at work for them. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Okay, I swear I made a review on this chapter earlier, but it seems it hasn't showed up yet. Anyway I'll type it again. Just wanted to day that I really enjoyed this chapter and found it amusing. It seemed that Misty was getting a lot of unwanted male attention and Ash was acting manly to impress her. Sounds like an interesting and hard day at work for them. Looking forward to the next chapter.

That's okay, mistakes can happen. And if you'll type it up again later so I can see it, it's fine.

In fact, I had such an issue with a post not coming up some months ago and only just noticed it, but more about that later on in this post.

Well, a lot of unwanted male attention? Only one guy... But certainly a very persistent one!

How can Ash act manly if he's wearing such a cute maid dress? XD

Did you also like the other things, like Ash vs. Paul and the blue Pokemon coming closer at the end of the chapter?

Well, some months ago, Skiyomi made a great review and I remember replying to it months ago. However, now I was looking through this thread some days ago, I discovered that the reply wasn't there... That's so akward, I should've noticed that sooner... And now C.Gholy posted, I can finally reply to it properly without double-posting (I don't like warnings and/or infractions).

Most things (like better sentences you suggested, and typos, for example) are things that isn't much to reply to. You are right about those, that's all there is to say about that.

However, there are a few things I'd like to say.

Wait. She’s that close? Isn’t she supposed to be in the stands? I don’t think she’s allowed to be right by him during an official gym battle.

That was about Misty whispering in Ash's ear during a Gym battle. Normally, during Gym Battles, Misty or Brock stood by the battlefield. However, in one of the images here (link), Misty is standing close behind Ash. That made this plausible to me.

Umm... why? They were clearly wounded in the battle and all of the sudden they’re magically better? That doesn’t make sense.

This is what you said about Pidgeot and Bayleef not having to stay at the Pokemon Center after the Gym Battle with Bugsy, in which Pidgeot was defeated and Bayleef was exhausted. However, in the anime, there are often moments in which Pokemon can restore just by resting after a battle (for example, a trainer saying "..., have a good rest" after a Pokemon is defeated). Because of that, I thought it would be acceptable to not have Pidgeot and Bayleef stay at the Pokemon Center.

About revising chapters: I decided I'll revise chapters after finishing the fic. When the final chapter of the fic has been written, I'll start revising everything that needs to be revised.

Aside from that, I had some more general issues, but the chapters after your rate are significantly better than the one you rated and the ones before that. That probably means your rate could very well be the reason for that, thank you!

- The word count has been significantly improved. The chapters after your rate have word counts between 2700 and 3200.
- I have less exclamation marks than before. When I do use them, it's mostly in battles and when there's an argument (when someone would actually be shouting).
- In the chapters after your rate, I used a comma and not a point after a quote with "Misty said" or "Ash said" after it, so that's nice.
- There is better transition between places. For example, in chapter 15 (the chapter starts in Goldenrod City, then Ash beats Whitney, and then Ash and Misty go clothe shopping), you can read a bit about Ash and Misty walking down the street, and some small conversations to fill the time Ash and Misty walk.
- When an older character appears, there's a better explanation. Instead of Samurai appearing, challenging Ash and leaving without a normal conversation, there are better explanations now. For example, Brock returns as a recurring character for a short amount of time, and he explained why he came to Jotho.
- The battles have gotten better. Ash vs. Bugsy was too short, with Pidgeot even OHKO'ing Ariados. Now, Ash vs. Whitney is longer, and no OHKO'ing.
- The characters are more in-character than in my earlier chapters.

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Hey, it's cool. I'm just glad my review helped.

Just a few things to reply to your reply:

That was about Misty whispering in Ash's ear during a Gym battle. Normally, during Gym Battles, Misty or Brock stood by the battlefield. However, in one of the images here (link), Misty is standing close behind Ash. That made this plausible to me.

While it's true that the picture you're showing has Brock and Misty not in any kind of stands and therefore closer, I think it's overkill to say that Misty is standing "close" to Ash. She's several feet away from him--not in whisper distance at all. Even if you wanted to have Misty stand super close to him and a gym leader decided to allow it (I wouldn't if I was a gym leader) it'd be a particularly bad place for her to stand. Battlers need space--think about how much Ash flails around and moves when commanding his Pokemon. Misty'd get an elbow in the face if she stood anywhere near whisper-distance.

This is what you said about Pidgeot and Bayleef not having to stay at the Pokemon Center after the Gym Battle with Bugsy, in which Pidgeot was defeated and Bayleef was exhausted. However, in the anime, there are often moments in which Pokemon can restore just by resting after a battle (for example, a trainer saying "..., have a good rest" after a Pokemon is defeated). Because of that, I thought it would be acceptable to not have Pidgeot and Bayleef stay at the Pokemon Center.

1. I'm trying to recall instances in the anime where they've done this and I think what they've mostly done is do this when the Pokemon does not receive major injury. In which case, they've mostly just tired themselves out and need a rest. Actual injury would require medical care. If this has happened in a case where a Pokemon has been injured, then that's just the anime being lazy and you shouldn't follow their lead.

2. This is such a non-important issue, that why would you even mention it in your story at all and create questions with it? It doesn't add anything to the plot, so it should probably just be cut.

About revising chapters: I decided I'll revise chapters after finishing the fic. When the final chapter of the fic has been written, I'll start revising everything that needs to be revised.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with this decision. But it's your story and your decision and I can't stop you from making it even though I think it's a mistake.

- The word count has been significantly improved. The chapters after your rate have word counts between 2700 and 3200.
- I have less exclamation marks than before. When I do use them, it's mostly in battles and when there's an argument (when someone would actually be shouting).
- In the chapters after your rate, I used a comma and not a point after a quote with "Misty said" or "Ash said" after it, so that's nice.
- There is better transition between places. For example, in chapter 15 (the chapter starts in Goldenrod City, then Ash beats Whitney, and then Ash and Misty go clothe shopping), you can read a bit about Ash and Misty walking down the street, and some small conversations to fill the time Ash and Misty walk.
- When an older character appears, there's a better explanation. Instead of Samurai appearing, challenging Ash and leaving without a normal conversation, there are better explanations now. For example, Brock returns as a recurring character for a short amount of time, and he explained why he came to Jotho.
- The battles have gotten better. Ash vs. Bugsy was too short, with Pidgeot even OHKO'ing Ariados. Now, Ash vs. Whitney is longer, and no OHKO'ing.
- The characters are more in-character than in my earlier chapters.

I'm glad to hear that you've improved on those issues. Though I should point out that higher word count does not necessarily equal a better story. I highlighted word-count in my original review more to point out that your scenes were very short and lacked transitions and if they had been developed more fully then the story would've been longer.

Hey, it's cool. I'm just glad my review helped.

You're welcome! I'm glad you understand that I never ignored your rate and that things like this can happen.

While it's true that the picture you're showing has Brock and Misty not in any kind of stands and therefore closer, I think it's overkill to say that Misty is standing "close" to Ash. She's several feet away from him--not in whisper distance at all. Even if you wanted to have Misty stand super close to him and a gym leader decided to allow it (I wouldn't if I was a gym leader) it'd be a particularly bad place for her to stand. Battlers need space--think about how much Ash flails around and moves when commanding his Pokemon. Misty'd get an elbow in the face if she stood anywhere near whisper-distance.

Well, on that picture, Misty stood close behind Ash, and after all, it's Bugsy's Gym, both on that picture and in the fic, so I thought making Misty stand on the same place as in the anime should be an option. But you're right, whispering from there would be impossible. In the Gym battles I've written and that will be there in future chapters, Misty didn't/won't whisper and had/has to watch from either a stand or the side of the field (just like how the referee stands, but then on the other side of the field, I hope you understand what I mean).

1. I'm trying to recall instances in the anime where they've done this and I think what they've mostly done is do this when the Pokemon does not receive major injury. In which case, they've mostly just tired themselves out and need a rest. Actual injury would require medical care. If this has happened in a case where a Pokemon has been injured, then that's just the anime being lazy and you shouldn't follow their lead.

2. This is such a non-important issue, that why would you even mention it in your story at all and create questions with it? It doesn't add anything to the plot, so it should probably just be cut.

Well, Pidgeot was defeated against Bugsy, but I don't think he was injured that much that he had to go to a Pokemon Center. And Bayleef was exhausted, but not wounded and not defeated.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with this decision. But it's your story and your decision and I can't stop you from making it.

Well, I have readers who won't like it if I start revising my oldest chapters instead of writing new chapters. I've also thought about a way of working like this: revise and old chapter, then write new one, revise an old one, write a new one and going on like that, maybe I'll do that. But at this moment, I think revising after finishing works best for me.

I'm glad to hear that you've improved on those issues. Though I should point out that higher word count does not necessarily equal a better story. I highlighted word-count in my original review more to point out that your scenes were very short and lacked transitions and if they had been developed more fully then the story would've been longer.

Well, I know higher word count doesn't mean the quality improved. However, I think the word count improved because of longer scenes, better battles and better transitions.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Well, Pidgeot was defeated against Bugsy, but I don't think he was injured that much that he had to go to a Pokemon Center. And Bayleef was exhausted, but not wounded and not defeated.

Again, see point number 2. Like many things in your chapter, there was really no point in mentioning that in the first place and the off-handed lack of explanation just creates questions.

Well, I have readers who won't like it if I start revising my oldest chapters instead of writing new chapters. I've also thought about a way of working like this: revise and old chapter, then write new one, revise an old one, write a new one and going on like that, maybe I'll do that. But at this moment, I think revising after finishing works best for me.

I hate to say this, but if your readers don't like that then they don't want you to improve as a writer and that's bad. I'm okay with leaving tiny problems until the end (though I'd rather they be addressed), but what I saw in the chapter I read showed major structural problems that I think need to be addressed. I think you do a disservice to yourself and to the story by keeping the story going from that kind of foundation. Just vowing to not make the same mistakes again in future chapters is not enough. As a writer, the real tremendous positive growth comes from going back and fixing earlier problems. It's not fun work, but it is positive and it's the best way to ensure that you have mentally adjusted yourself to the point where you don't fall into the same traps. Like I said, it's not fun work and it takes effort... but it's the due diligence that a writer does.

Added to that, there's the simple fact that new readers will make up their minds about whether or not to read your story based on your earliest chapters, not your latest, so your latest improvement will mean nothing to them.

In conclusion: if you have readers telling you not to revise your earlier chapters (or any chapters at all, really) then they are doing wrong by you and giving you bad advice.

Again, see point number 2. Like many things in your chapter, there was really no point in mentioning that in the first place and the off-handed lack of explanation just creates questions.

That's true, the Pokemon Center should've never been mentioned at all.

I hate to say this, but if your readers don't like that then they don't want you to improve as a writer and that's bad. I'm okay with leaving tiny problems until the end (though I'd rather they be addressed), but what I saw in the chapter I read showed major structural problems that I think need to be addressed. I think you do a disservice to yourself and to the story by keeping the story going from that kind of foundation. Just vowing to not make the same mistakes again in future chapters is not enough. As a writer, the real tremendous positive growth comes from going back and fixing earlier problems. It's not fun work, but it is positive and it's the best way to ensure that you have mentally adjusted yourself to the point where you don't fall into the same traps. Like I said, it's not fun work and it takes effort... but it's the due diligence that a writer does.

Added to that, there's the simple fact that new readers will make up their minds about whether or not to read your story based on your earliest chapters, not your latest, so your latest improvement will mean nothing to them.

In conclusion: if you have readers telling you not to revise your earlier chapters (or any chapters at all, really) then they are doing wrong by you and giving you bad advice.

Well, my readers never literally said anything like that, but if I start revising, there'll be more time between the chapters I write, I don't think they'd like to wait. Maybe I should ask some readers if they'd mind that.

That it's not fun and that it takes effort is not an issue at all, I'm perfectly willing to revise. And it's not like I won't revise at all, I just thought it would be a good idea to wait until the story is finished.

It's true that new readers who read the first few chapters will think "this is horrible", and that people reading newer chapters are more likely to enjoy reading my chapters.

I won't just abandon writing new chapters for a while just to revise older ones. However, you did convince me about the benefits of revising before finishing the story. So, do you think something like this would be a good idea?
- writing new chapter
- revise old chapter
- writing new chapter
- revise old chapter

...and so on. Basically, for every new chapter I write, I'll revise an old one. That way, I can write new chapters frequently while also revising older ones.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I think your idea of revolving updates and revisions is a good compromise, yes. Even if taking the time to revise causes delays, your readers really should understand and respect that.

I think your idea of revolving updates and revisions is a good compromise, yes. Even if taking the time to revise causes delays, your readers really should understand and respect that.

Yes. Now, even though I ditched the idea of a strict time schedule and even though it's not always possible, I try to post at least one chapter per 10 days. With the revising idea, that won't be possible anymore. But if the readers understand, it's okay with me. Then I'll start the revising process after the Whirl Cup arc (which will start very soon, that's an arc I just really want to write without too big time gaps in between).

CHAPTER 20 - ROCK-HARD

The blue Pokemon came closer and closer. Then, Ash saw it: it was a herd of Lapras, led by the Lapras he used to own! “Llll!” Ash’s Lapras squealed happily.

“Lapras!” Ash shouted, running at Lapras to hug his head. “It’s so nice to see you again. Are you doing well?” Lapras nodded.

Then, Ash suddenly got an idea. “Lapras, I have a favour to ask you. Would you like to participate in a Gym Battle?” he asked. The Pokemon nodded and hugged Ash again.

“I think that’s a yes!” Misty said happily.

“Okay, Lapras, get in this Poke Ball!” Ash said, when Lapras explained what he was going to do with the other herd members. He’d be back with his herd in 12 hours from now.

“That’s great!” Misty said, while she and Ash were walking to the Gym. “And he can do well against Jasmine’s Steelix,” she added to that.

“Indeed. This is awesome!” Ash replied. Then, they arrived at the Olivine City Gym. Ash knocked on the door, which was opened by Jasmine.

“Hey, it’s you guys, hello!” Jasmine said.

“Hi Jasmine,” Misty replied.

“I’m ready to take you on!” Ash added to that.

“We’ll see about that,” Jasmine replied.

“Jasmine, Gary told me he dumped you after a small fight. What happened?” Misty asked.

“Well, he didn’t think I’m attractive enough and prefers his cheerleaders over me...” Jasmine moaned. “But I’m glad he dumped me instead of staying with me while not having feelings for me, I’d rather be single than in a relationship with a guy who doesn’t really want me,” Jasmine answered.

“To me, it seemed like he just used you as eye candy, but apparently, he doesn’t think you’re good enough for that anymore,” Misty said. “You deserve better than him.”

“Indeed,” Jasmine agreed. “I’m going to enjoy being single, and someday, I’ll run into the right guy for me.”

“I agree,” Misty replied. “You and Gary just didn’t match.”

Then, Ash started to look more and more annoyed. “Misty, Jasmine, can you two please stop your girl talking? I wanna battle now! I want a Mineral Badge!” he shouted.

“Ash, you are so immature!” Misty shouted. Then, she raised her right fist and hit Ash on his head. It wasn’t the first time in his life he had to suffer from this rock-hard right fist.

“Misty, was that really necessary?” Jasmine asked, while looking surprised.

“Yes! I’m so sick of this! He’s so unromantic and immature, all he cares about is Pokemon battling!” Misty snapped.

“Well, he is who he is, do you really need to hit him for that?” Jasmine asked.

“Sorry, I couldn’t control myself anymore, it’s just so annoying do deal with this kind of immaturity and denseness!” Misty replied.

“Misty, you clearly have an anger problem,” Jasmine said. Normally when someone mentioned this, Misty got mad and denied her bad temper. However, this time, she actually seriously thought about Jasmine said, knowing that the Gym Leader was right.

“Oh, so it took you that long to figure that out...” Ash complained, who just stood up after being hit.

“Jasmine, you’re right...” Misty muttered.

“Can we please battle now, Jasmine?” Ash asked.

“Okay, sure!” Jasmine said. “I’m ready!” Then, she and Ash walked to the battlefield. Misty went to the right side of the battlefield to watch, together with Togetic. She sent out Hoppip, in order to cheer. The Grass Pokemon gave Misty a big hug.

“Hoppip! Hoppip!” he shouted.

“And, how was it at Oak’s lab? Did you like it there?” Misty asked. Hoppip shaked his head to imply “no!” The Grass Pokemon missed Misty a lot, and is happy to be with his beloved trainer again.

“I understand. You missed me, and I missed you too!” Misty said.

“He probably missed your rock-hard right fist...” Ash said cynically.

“But he didn’t miss your immature behaviour!” Misty snapped.

“And your whining about it!” Ash added to that.

“Could you two please save the arguing for later so we can get this battle over with?” Jasmine asked.

“You’re right,” Ash said. “Let’s battle!”

“This is a three on three Pokemon battle. There is no time limit. The first person to beat three Pokemon of his or her opponent is the winner,” a referee announced.

“Donphan, I choose you!” A strong elephant-like Pokemon appeared from Ash’s Poke Ball and landed on the big, dry battlefield covered with sand.

“Steelix, I choose you!” Jasmine shouted, while the iron snake entered the battlefield.

“Donphan, use your Rollout!” Ash commanded. The Ground Pokemon curled himself up in order to roll and charged into Steelix. However, the rock-hard Steel Pokemon didn’t feel any pain...

“Steelix, Iron Tail!” Jasmine shouted. Donphan got smashed by Steelix’s strong tail. However, Donphan could still go on.

“Donphan, Giga Impact!” Ash shouted. Donphan charged into Steelix, who seemed to be in pain after the strong attack. “Steelix, can you go on?” Jasmine asked. The iron snake nodded, implying that it was able to continue the battle.

“Steelix, use your Slam!” the Olivine City Gym Leader shouted. However, Donphan quickly rolled away, evading the attack.

“Donphan, use your Giga Impact again!” Ash commanded. Donphan rolled to Steelix.

“We’ve got him!” Jasmine thought. “Steelix, use your Slam!” Steelix’s tail was thrown at Donphan, who got a harsh blow. He collapsed!

“Donphan is defeated. Steelix is the winner,” the referee stated.

“Donphan, you did well. Have some rest!” Ash said.

“Oh no...” Hoppip thought. Togetic looked worried as well.

“Lapras, I choose you!” Ash commanded. He hurled his Poke Ball, and his old friend entered the battlefield. “You haven’t battled in a long time, but I’m counting on you, buddy!” he said.

“Llll!” Lapras responded.

“Begin!” the referee shouted.

“Lapras, let’s start with a Water Gun!” Ash commanded. Water from Lapras’s mouth was shot at Steelix.

“Steelix, use Sandstorm to defend yourself!” Jasmine commanded. Steelix started spinning, using the sand whipped up by the attack to protect itself. However, the big portion of sand and the water became mud, trapping Steelix! The Steel Pokemon stood on its tail, being unable to move.

“Lapras, let’s finish this with a Hydro Pump!” Ash commanded. Powerful water was shot at Steelix, who was unable to avoid the attack. Then, it fell down on the ground.

“Steelix is unable to battle. Lapras is the winner!” the referee said.

“Steelix, you did well. Come back!” Jasmine said. Then, she threw a Poke Ball. “Magnezone, I choose you!”

“She’s got a type advantage, but you can beat her!” Misty shouted at Ash.

“Misty, are you cheering for me?” Ash asked. “I thought you hate me now...”

“Of course not, sweetie! I love you! Of course we had an argument, but we have so many arguments! I’m used to arguing with you. And sure, we fight a lot, but our love is stronger than that!” Misty responded. “Did you already forgive me for hitting you?”

“Yes, I did,” Ash answered. “After all, I’m used to it. And hey, I’d say we’re even now.”

“You’re right,” Misty answered.

“Ash, can you just please stop this so we can battle?” Jasmine asked.

“Look, Misty! She’s just as impatient as me!” Ash noticed.

“No, she’s just sick of listening to our stupid arguments...” Misty said.

“I understand her...” he replied. “Misty, will you cheer for Lapras and me? You were so silent so far during this battle.”

“Of course! And Togetic and Hoppip will join me!” she replied.

“Will you dress up in a cheerleader suit to look like a Gary fangirl?” he asked with a big smile.

“No,” she replied, wiping the smile of Ash’s face.

Then, the focus went back on the Gym Battle. “Lapras, let’s start with Dragonbreath!” he commanded. A paralyzing ray was aimed at Magnezone, who evaded by hovering up a little.

“Magnezone, use your Thunder!” Jasmine commanded. Lapras was hit by a strong, electric bolt.

“Lapras, Blizzard!” Ash commanded. A storm of snow was blowing towards the Electric Pokemon, who was hit, but didn’t seem damaged severely.

Then, Jasmine commanded Magnezone to use Zap Cannon. A strong ball of electricity was shot at Lapras, who was unable to evade, because the battlefield didn’t have water.

“Oh no!” Misty said. “Poor Lapras, that must hurt...”

“Hoppip...” her Grass Pokemon muttered.

“Lapras, are you able to go on?” Ash asked.

Lapras raised his head. “Llll!” he said, implying that he was able to continue.

“Great, Lapras!” Ash said.

“Well, Ash, Lapras is very persistent, but only persistence isn’t enough to beat me!” Jasmine reacted. “Magnezone, another Zap Cannon!” she commanded. Lapras was hit again, but still wasn’t defeated.

“Lapras, use your Ice Beam and put all your power in it!” Ash shouted. Lapras raised his head, shot ice at Magnezone at a higher power than he ever did. Magnezone wasn’t frozen, but the sheer power of the attack defeated the Pokemon!

“Magnezone is no longer able to battle. Lapras is the winner!” the referee announced.

“Yeah!” Ash shouted.

“Well done, Lapras!” Misty added to that. Hoppip and Togetic were doing a happy dance.

“Magnezone, you were great. Have some rest,” Jasmine said softly. “Ash, you’re not gonna win this,” she stated clearly. “Bronzong, I choose you!” she shouted. A strong, blue Pokemon came out of the Poke Ball.

“Begin!” the referee shouted.

“Lapras, Hydro Pump!” Ash commanded. Bronzong was hit by a strong portion of water at high pressure, and was in pain.

“Bronzong, use your Flash Cannon!” Jasmine shouted. A big ball of light was shot at Lapras, who collapsed. This time, Lapras didn’t get up.

“Lapras has been defeated. Bronzong is the winner!” the referee said.

“Lapras, that was awesome, have some rest,” Ash said. Then, he sent Pikachu on the battlefield, and the referee restarted the battle.

“Pikachu, Bronzong is wet. Thunder!” Ash shouted. Pikachu gave Bronzong a shock, which resulted in a blow: water conducts electricity. Then, the Steel Pokemon fell down on the field, defeated.

“Bronzong is defeated, Pikachu is the winner. The winner of this battle is the challenger, Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!”

“Yay, I won!” Ash shouted. “Pi Pikachu!” Pikachu added to that, celebrating the victory with Ash. Then, they jumped happily, doing a victory dance

“Well done, Ash!” Misty said.

“Thank you, Misty!”

“However, Lapras did pretty much everything, so he deserves all the credits, not you,” she added to that.

“Um... Here’s your badge...” Jasmine muttered, while giving a Mineral Badge to the trainer who just defeated her.

“Yay!” Ash shouted. “I’ve got... a Mineral Badge!”

“Pi Pikachu!” the yellow mouse Pokemon added to that, jumping from joy.

“Ash, is this really fair?” Jasmine asked. “Your Lapras did everything, then Pikachu comes in, does one attack and steals all the glory, and then gets to celebrate the victory with you. I think your Donphan and Lapras deserve this more than Pikachu. Donphan wore down my Steelix, and Lapras defeated my other two Pokemon and enabled Pikachu to beat Bronzong.”

“Um... You’re right... Well, Pikachu is used to celebrate all my victories, whether he did anything during a battle or not. It’s a tradition!” Ash explained.

“Well, I don’t think it’s fair towards your other Pokemon,” Jasmine said.

“I don’t think they mind. And Misty and I have to go now,” Ash said. “Bye!”

“Wait, Ash, Misty, there’s something I want to say to you two before you two leave this Gym!” Jasmine shouted.

“What is it?” Misty asked, while she and Ash stood still to listen to the Olivine City Gym Leader.

“Gosh,” Jasmine said. “When I met you two six years ago, you two seemed nice. But now, you are crazy! Ash, you’re a little kid and you’ll never grow up. And Misty, seriously, go to a psychiatrist with your anger problem!” she snapped. Then she changed her tone and said “Bye!” in a more friendly way.

But Ash and Misty already left the building. The sky was getting darker, it was early in the evening. They quickly walked to the Pokemon Center, which was close to the Gym. They came across the beach, but before releasing Lapras again, Ash wanted to make sure the Water Pokemon was healthy after the harsh battle against Jamsine.

Then, they entered the Pokemon Center. They saw a pink-haired nurse standing behind the counter. “Good evening!” she said. “Can I be of any service?” she asked.

“Yes,” Ash replied. “Could you please take a look at my Lapras? He just single-handedly defeated Jasmine, and I want to make sure he’s healthy.”

“Of course!” Nurse Joy replied. Ash handed over Lapras’s Poke Ball. “In an hour, Chansey and I will be finished. Would you and your girlfriend like to have dinner here?” she asked.

“Sure, thank you!” Misty answered, while taking some Poke Dollars from her wallet.

One hour later, Ash and Misty finished their dinner and heard good news from Nurse Joy: Lapras was perfectly healthy, and had enough rest in his Poke Ball to go back in the wild again healthy and safely.

“Thank you, Nurse Joy!” Ash said.

“Chansey Chansey!” the pink Pokemon next to the nurse complained.

“And thank you, Chansey!” Misty said, flattering the Pokemon with the egg.

Chansey smiled happily. “Chansey Chansey!”

Then, Ash and Misty walked out of the Pokemon Center, to bring Lapras back to his herd. They walked down the cold beach, where the wind was very strong.

“Hey, look! It’s the Lapras herd!” Ash said with a smile on his face.

“Yeah, I see them now too,” Misty replied.

Then, Ash walked to the shore, and released Lapras from his Poke Ball. “Lllll!” the Water Pokemon squealed.

“Lapras, it was great battling with you again, and you amazed me. But it’s time to go to your herd again,” Ash said, having immense trouble to prevent tears from flowing.

“Llll,” Lapras replied, while getting a hug from his mother, a big and strong-looking Lapras.

“I’ll miss you, it was great to see you again. I hope we’ll ever meet again...” Ash muttered, while giving Lapras a last hug. Tears were flowing from his eyes. Misty, Pikachu and Togetic were crying too.

Then, Lapras shredded some tears as well. He swam away with his herd, in the direction of Red Rock Isle, the island where Ash and Misty were going as well. There, the Whirl Cup would be held. Ash and Misty would take the cruise ship to that island tomorrow.

Back at the Pokemon Center, Ash called Professor Oak, told him about the battle with Jasmine, about Lapras and sent Donphan back to the Professor. “Professor, Donphan was defeated in the battle, so please give him some rest,” he said.

Then, he asked the Professor to send him his Heracross and his Snorlax. He hasn’t used these two Pokemon in quite some time, and decided to take them with them to the Whirl Islands. He said goodbye to Professor Oak.

“Misty, at what time will the cruise ship to the Whirl Islands set sail?” Ash asked.

“At two o’clock in the afternoon,” Misty replied. “So you can sleep without having to get up early.”

“Yay!” he shouted. He was happy to hear that.

“Pika Pi!” Pikachu added to that.

Then, Ash and Misty went to bed in the Pokemon Center. Just before falling asleep, they wished each other good night, and not just each other: they didn’t forget Pikachu and Togetic.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 21 - SEADRA

Early on a cold winter afternoon, Ash and Misty went on the cruise ship. After checking in, they arrived at the main deck.

“Hey, this is just like the SS. Anne, the cruise ship we were on six years ago!” Ash said.

“That’s true,” Misty replied. “We almost died there...”

“Yeah, this boat is modelled after the sunken SS. Anne,” a sailor who stood just behind Ash and Misty said.

“That’s easy to see,” Ash replied.

Then, Ash and Misty walked on. They saw a big, red area with a lot of people. Most of them were probably Pokemon Trainers.

“Misty, how’s the weather on Red Rock Isle?” Ash asked.

“Don’t you remember?” Misty asked. “There’s a tropical climate there!”

“Hey, I see you two are going to Red Rock Isle!” a salesman wearing a white shirt noted. “Are you two participating in the Whirl Cup?” he asked.

“Yes, I am,” Misty answered.

“Then I have an offer you can’t refuse!” the salesman stated, with a big smile on his face.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Well, when you participate in the Whirl Cup, you’ll need strong Water Pokemon! So, you can buy a Magikarp from me! Then, you can breed it and sell Magikarp, while keeping one for yourselves to train. Then, you have an infinite source of money and a strong Magikarp!” he proposed.

“I’m not falling for that. I know you, you’re the swindler we know!” Misty shouted.

“Please, be quiet. Otherwise everyone can hear you, then I won’t get any customers...” he whispered.

“That’s what you deserve!” Misty snapped.

Then, she and Ash left the salesman. She saw something that shocked her: a blonde-haired girl wearing a pink coat. She knew that girl: it was her sister Daisy! What was she doing here? Did she come to look for Misty to force her to go back to the Cerulean Gym?

“Ash...” Misty said, looking terrified.

“Yes, what is it?” he asked.

“I see Daisy... she replied.

“Where?” he asked.

“Over there!” she responded.

“What is she doing here?” he asked.

“I don’t know, but I don’t want her to see us...” Misty said.

However, she was too late. Ash saw a black-haired man wearing a green shirt, who was standing next to Daisy. It was his old friend Tracey, and Ash wanted to talk to him. Now Daisy was going to know Misty was there! And to make matters worse, Ash ran at Tracey and Daisy while still holding hands with Misty, pulling her with him!

“Hey, Tracey, long time no see!” Ash said to his old friend.

“Hello Ash, it’s so nice to see you!” Tracey responded.

“Hey Ash!” Daisy said.

“Hi Daisy!” Ash replied.

“Ash, your girlfriend isn’t as beautiful as Tracey’s!” Daisy joked.

“Misty is way more beautiful than you!” Ash snapped at Daisy, in defense of his girlfriend.

“Misty, there’s something I need to do now,” Daisy said. Misty looked terrified, a tear was visible in one of her eyes.

“I know, you’re here to take me back to the Gym, because you, Lily and Violet are too f*cking lazy to look for a replacement for me!” Misty shouted. Tears were flowing from her eyes.

“That’s not it at all,” Daisy replied. “I’m not going to force you to go back.”

“You’re not?” Misty asked.

“No!” Daisy said. “Tracey and I are here because Ash called us, so we could support you during the Whirl Cup!”

“Surprise!” Ash shouted. “And they’re paying for our hotel costs during our stay on Red Rock Isle as well, because Daisy is super rich from her work as an actress in some dumb movie.”

“Really? And what will happen to the Gym now?” Misty asked.

“Well, when you escaped, I felt sorry about forcing you to be a Gym Leader for six years, against your will. So instead of going after you to force you to come back, we finally made the effort to find a permanent replacement. We knew you want to travel, and Lily, Violet and I are too lazy to become Gym Leaders,” Daisy answered.

“Thank you!” Misty replied. “I’ve been worrying about the Gym getting closed and you giving away Cascade Badges for free, this is a huge relief! It takes away my feeling of guilt. Who is the replacement?” she asked.

“Dorian,” Daisy replied.

“He seems like a good choice, he has strong Water Pokemon, and he’s an experienced battler. He also dreamt of having an official Gym someday, so I’m sure he’s motivated!” Misty answered.

“Misty, I think I need to apologise for what Lily, Violet and I have done to you in the past six years. We promised you that you could stop being a Gym Leader again when we came back from our holiday, but because of our laziness, we basically forced you to stay with our irresponsible behaviour. Can you forgive us?” Daisy asked.

“Sorry, but forgiving you for this is very hard. For six years, I wasn’t able to work on my dreams. I couldn’t learn much more at the Gym. The Pokemon there were already mine, except for a few. And battling is something I can also do on a journey, but then even more often,” Misty replied.

Then, her tone got more aggressive. “And I’ve missed Ash for six years, so you f*cked up my love life for six years! The few times when he was in Pallet Town, Professor Oak called me and asked me to come. But all these times, when I asked you if I could visit Ash, you said I had to clean the Gym! And then you ask me to forgive you for all of that? Well, I won’t!” she snapped. “You ruined my dreams and my love life for six years!” She started crying again, while her face was red from anger.

“I understand,” Daisy replied. “It’s just... You’re my sister, and I love you, despite our arguments. That’s why I hoped we could put those aside...”

“Well, this is not just an argument! You’ve ruined a part of my life!” Misty snapped. Tear

“Misty, do you hate me now?” Daisy asked.

“Um... Well... I don’t know...” Misty replied. “Of course you, Lily and Violet are who you are, I can’t change that and you three can’t help it. But that can’t take away all the pain I’ve been through because of you!” she snapped.

“Misty, shall we go to the battlefield?” Tracey asked.

“For what?” Misty asked.

“Maybe you can blow some steam off, in a battle against me!” he suggested.

“Well, I’d much rather beat the crap out of Daisy right now, but okay then,” she said. Then, they walked to the battlefield, together with Ash and Daisy. They saw a small field, with a small body of water, so Trainers could also use Water Pokemon.

“Venomoth, I choose you!” Tracey shouted. He hurled a Poke Ball from his right hand, releasing a purple moth-like Pokemon from it.

“Horsea, I choose you!” Misty shouted. The blue Pokemon came out of his Poke Ball. Misty hasn’t used him for a long time, she caught him back in Kanto, six years ago.

“Venomoth, let’s start with a Psybeam!” Tracey commanded. A colourful beam was shot at the Water Pokemon.

“Horsea, dive underwater and use your Water Gun!” Misty commanded. The cute Pokemon went underwater, avoiding the multi-coloured ray, and then, water came out of his mouth, hitting Venomoth.

“Venomoth, use your Solarbeam!” Tracey commanded. The moth started charging.

“Horsea, use your Smokescreen!” Misty commanded. Venomoth was surrounded by smoke.

“Venomoth, use your Whirlwind to blow away the smoke while still charging!” Tracey shouted. The purple Pokemon did that, making the smoke disappear.

“Horsea, Bubble!” Misty commanded. The bubbles hit Venomoth, but barely did anything.

“Venomoth, now!” Tracey said. Venomoth released a strong beam of energy from his mouth, severely hitting Horsea. The Water Pokemon lay in the water, and was done for. Misty looked worried, while Daisy was proud of her boyfriend.

Then, Horsea started glowing. His body was shrouded in white light. He grew, and the white light stopped. Now, the Pokemon had sharp points on his body. “That’s awesome!” Ash said. “Your Horsea evolved into a Seadra!”

“Yay, Seadra!” Misty cheered.

“Evolved or not, Venomoth and I will win!” Tracey said.

“I don’t think so!” Misty replied. “Using Solarbeam takes quite some energy, and I can see that your Venomoth is very tired now.”

“Dra!” Seadra shouted.

“Venomoth, use your Silver Wind!” Tracey shouted. A beautiful attack hit Seadra, who sustained.

“Seadra, let’s finish this now. Bubblebeam!” Misty commanded. A strong ray of bubbles hit Venomoth, who fell down on the battlefield. He was defeated.

“Well done, Misty!” Ash said.

“Pi Pikachu!” Pikachu added to that.

“Toge Togetic!” Togetic cheered, complimenting Misty.

“Don’t compliment me, compliment Seadra!” Misty replied.

“Misty, Horsea evolved into Seadra because you raised it well,” Tracey responded. “It’s your hard work too.”

“Um... Thanks,” Misty said. She and Tracey returned their battlers to their Poke Ball.

Then, Ash saw his rival on the ship. “Hey, Gary, where are you traveling to?” he asked to the boy who was surrounded by cheerleaders.

“I’m going to Cianwood City to win a Storm Badge,” Gary answered. “And you, Ashyboy?”

“I’m going to Red Rock Isle, Misty is going to participate in the Whirl Cup,” Ash responded.

“How about a quick one vs. one battle?” Gary asked.

“That’s okay,” Ash replied. He just couldn’t deny a challenge.

“Arcanine, I choose you!” Gary said, while sending out the Fire Pokemon.

“Heracross, I’m gonna go with you!” Ash shouted, while hurling the Poke Ball of his Bug Pokemon.

“Ash, that’s not a smart choice. You know Bug Pokemon are at a type disadvantage against Fire Pokemon!” Misty said.

“It’s fine! Heracross defeated Gary’s Magmar six years ago during the Johto League,” Ash defended his choice. “And Heracross hasn’t battled in quite some time, so it would be good if he gets in the battling rhythm again.”

“Ash, don’t do this! You’ll just end up losing,” Misty tried, but Ash didn’t listen. “Why is that guy so stubborn?” she thought.

“Arcanine, let’s start with a Flamethrower!” Gary commanded. Flames came out of the dog’s mouth, but Heracross quickly jumped away.

“Heracross, use your Megahorn!” Ash commanded. Heracross ran at Arcanine.

“We got him,” Gary thought. “Arcanine, bite Heracross in his horn so he can’t move!” Gary commanded. When Heracross reached Arcanine, the dog held Heracross’s horn with his mouth.

“Good, Arcanine! And now, smack him up and down!” Gary commanded. Arcanine moved his head up and down, smacking Heracross on the ground multiple times. Then, the dog stopped holding Heracross. The Bug Pokemon still lay on the ground, trying to get up.

“And now finish it with a Fire Blast from very close by!” Gary commanded. Arcanine shot fire at Heracross, who just stood up and who was very close to Arcanine. The Bug Pokemon was unable to take this attack.

“Oh no, Heracross!” Ash shouted. He returned his Pokemon to his Poke Ball. “Have some rest,” he said.

“Arcanine, that was great! Come back and have some rest,” Gary said to his Pokemon.

“Gary, Gary, he’s our man, if he can’t do it, no one can!” the cheerleaders sang.

“That was nice, Ashyboy. Bye!” Gary said. Then, he and his cheerleaders walked away.

“Ash, you should’ve listened to me...” Misty complained.

“You’re probably right...” Ash moaned.

Then, they saw two people in white outfits with a big, red R and their Meowth.

“Oh no, Team Rocket...” Tracey said. The villains walked forward, and started their motto.

“Prepare for trouble!” Jessie said.

“And make it double!” James added to that.

“To protect the world from devastation!” Jessie shouted.

“To unite the people within our nation!” James sang.

“To denounce the evils of truth and love!” Jessie screamed.

“To extend our reach to the stars above!” James said.

“Jessie!” Jessie said her name.

“James!” James did the same.

“Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!” Jessie said.

“Surrender now, or prepare to fight!” James shouted.

“Meowth, that’s right!” Meowth shouted.

“Give us that Pikachu!” James said.

“Never!” Ash shouted.

Then, a blue-haired woman came at them. “What’s all the noise here?” she asked. It was Officer Jenny.

“I’ll handle this,” Misty said. “Togetic, use your Sweet Kiss!” she commanded. Togetic confused Team Rocket with the kiss, so Officer Jenny could easily arrest them.

“Thank you!” the officer said to Misty. “I’ll call a colleague to come and pick them up with a speedboat.”

“You’re welcome!” Misty responded.

Twenty minutes later, a policeman from a small island close to the place where the ship was arrived. Team Rocket got arrested!

“Have fun in jail!” Ash shouted.

“Don’t forget to send us a card from the tropical jail!” Misty said.

“And send us a nice photo of your tropical holiday too!” Tracey joked.

After having dinner at the ship, Ash, Misty, Daisy and Tracey heard an announcement. In fifteen minutes, the boat would finally arrive at Red Rock Island. Ash, Misty, Tracey and Daisy decided to go to the bathroom to take off their clothes and put on their swimwear, to go straight to the beach when they arrived. Three minutes later, Ash came out, wearing flipflops and his red swimming trunks. Then, much to his pleasure, he saw that Misty put on her sexy black bikini, with a strapless top. Tracey wore white swimming trunks, and Daisy wore a yellow one-piece swimsuit.

“Misty, if you and Daisy would participate in a swimsuit contest, you’d certainly beat her with ease!” Ash said. Misty smiled, while Tracey and Daisy looked a bit annoyed.

Then, they heard an announcement. “Ladies and gentlemen, it is six o’clock in the evening. We arrived at Red Rock Island. Please leave this ship, and don’t forget your luggage.”

“This is awesome!” Misty said. “It’s winter in almost all of Johto, and we get to go to the beach with tropical temperatures!”

“I know, this is cool!” Daisy replied.

Our heroes walked off the ship, and went to the beach. The first thing Misty did there was sending Seadra out of his Poke Ball. Then, she ran into the water and gave her Pokemon a big hug, which Seadra appreciated.

“Seadra, I haven’t seen you for so long until that battle! Did Professor Oak treat you well?” she asked.

“Sea!” Seadra responded, while nodding, to imply “yes.”

“Seadra, I know your species are very fast. Could you show me your speed?” Misty asked. Seadra quickly swam a circle around Misty.

“Wow, you are indeed very fast!” she said.

Then, Seadra playfully splashed some water at Misty, using his fins. They started playing and splashing water at each other.

“Oh, look, Daisy! That’s so cute!” Tracey said.

“That’s true. Aside from the moment when she didn’t forgive me for all bad things I did, she seems so happy now she’s on a journey with Ash,” Daisy replied.

“Well, that’s because she’s free now. Free to travel and free to be with the guy of her dreams,” Tracey responded.

“I guess you’re right...” Daisy said.

“Daisy, why did you, Violet and Lily treat Misty like crap all the time?” Ash asked.

“Well, we’re her big sisters, we had to show her that we’re in charge. And come on, us three are way more beautiful than her...” Daisy answered.

“You three are not more beautiful than her!” Ash snapped, while he looked at his girlfriend. He saw her beautiful legs. He thought her belly and back were gorgeous. He saw how beautifully her black bikini top accentuated her chest, showing that Misty’s body looks just as mature and beautiful as her personality. He saw how cute she was smiling to Seadra. Then, he ran at Misty to give her a surprise kiss on the cheek. He saw her cute eyes, and he saw her beautiful, long hair moving while she splashed water at Seadra. Then, he put her lips on her cheek and kissed her.

“Thank you, Ash!” Misty said.

“You’re welcome!” Ash replied. “Daisy was saying that she, Violet and Lily are more beautiful than you again, but deep down in her heart, she knows that she’s wrong.”

“Thank you!” Misty responded. “Also, Daisy, Violet and Lily lack the most important beauty,” she said.

“What do you mean?” Ash asked.

“The beauty that’s skin deep!” Misty said. “A kind personality!”

“You certainly have that beauty,” Ash said.

Then, Ash ran back to Daisy. “Daisy, you, Violet and Lily lack something.”

“What are you talking about?” Daisy asked.

“True beauty,” Ash answered.

“What do you mean?” she asked, while Tracey was rubbing her shoulders with sunscreen.

“The beauty on the inside, a nice personality,” Ash answered. “Misty is beautiful on both the outside and the inside. You, Violet and Lily only care about how you look.”

“He’s right...” Daisy thought. “I didn’t expect him to come up with that...”

“Good point,” Tracey said. Daisy looked angry.

“But despite that, I love you!” he added quickly. Daisy’s mad face was quickly replaced by a smile. “Thank you, sweetie!” she said.

Then, Togetic flew at Misty and Seadra, and started splashing water at the two as well. She gave her trainer a big hug, and talked to Seadra, who she hasn’t seen in a long time. Then, Misty gave a hug to both Togetic and Seadra.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 22 - BEACH BATTLE

The next day, Ash, Misty, Pikachu and Togetic were sunbathing at the beach. Despite the fact that it was winter, the warm climate on Red Rock Isle enabled them to pretend like it was a very warm summer, even enabling everyone at the island to walk around in swimwear all day long, which is what Ash and Misty did.

“Misty, tomorrow is your first pre-round battle. Have you decided what Pokemon you’ll use yet?” Ash asked, while rubbing sunscreen on the back of his beautiful girlfriend.

“That depends on who my opponent will be,” Misty replied, while she turned around to give her back some sun.

Then, Tracey and Daisy came running at Ash and Misty.

“Ash, Misty, we just saw the battling schedule for tomorrow!” Tracey said.

“Then who’ll be my opponent?” Misty asked.

“Andreas,” Daisy answered. “Do you know him?”

“Yes, he participated in the Catch-A-Seaking Contest both times I participated. I assume he’ll use his Poliwrath, so I’ll use Politoed. Poliwrath intimidated and bullied him back when he was a Poliwhirl, so Politoed will be extra motivated,” Misty said.

“That’s some smart thinking, Misty!” Tracey complimented. “Also, we have bad news,” he added.

“What is it, Tracey?” Ash asked.

“We heard on the news in the Pokemon Center that Team Rocket escaped from jail...” Tracey muttered.

“Oh well, we didn’t expect to actually get rid of them anyways...” Misty replied.

Then, they saw three people coming at them. Pikachu waved at them, Togetic seemed to know them, but not as well as Pikachu.

“Hey Ash, long time no see!” a brown-haired girl wearing a pink polka-dotted one-piece bathing suit said.

“Hello, May!” Ash replied.

“Hey, Misty, nice to see you again!” a blue-haired boy wearing green swimming trunks said.

“Hi Max,” Misty said.

“Ash, is she your girlfriend?” a green-haired guy wearing red swimming trunks asked, referring to Misty. It was Drew, May’s boyfriend.

“Yes, she is,” Ash answered.

“Then you’re a very lucky guy,” Drew said. “She’s gorgeous! And she’s hot!”

“Thank you!” Misty replied. She saw that Ash was getting annoyed by Drew’s flirting.

“Would you like a rose?” Drew asked, handing out a white rose to Misty.

“Um... Drew, I already have a boyfriend...” Misty replied, referring to Ash.

“Drew, stop it!” May snapped, while looking a bit angry.

“Oh, sorry...” Drew muttered to May.

“And, May, how are you doing as a coordinator?” Misty asked.

“Well, I participated in the Grand Festival multiple times, but I haven’t won one yet,” May replied. “But I did reach the final round three times.”

“Well, then you’re pretty close to winning!” Misty said. “And I see Drew is your boyfriend.”

“That’s right, he’s so sweet,” May answered.

“And how are you doing as a Pokemon trainer, Max?” Ash asked.

“Fine,” Max said. “I started with a Treecko, it’s a Grovyle now. And during my journey in Hoenn, the Ralts I met six years ago joined me, he’s a Gardevoir now. Now, I’m traveling through Sinnoh with May and Drew, but when you called us, we immediately came here.”

“That’s great, Max!” Ash complimented. “When we have time, maybe we could battle.”

“That would be great!” Max cheered.

“Well, about battling... Would one of you three like to have a battle with me? I’d like to have one last practice battle before the first Whirl Cup match starts, which is tomorrow,” Misty asked.

“I haven’t battled in quite some time, so I’d be willing to battle you,” May proposed.

“That’s nice,” Misty responded. “Would you be okay with a six vs. six battle? Then I could use all Pokemon I have with me right now, there are two that I haven’t used in quite some time, I want to see if they’re ready for a though battle.”

“That’s fine with me,” May answered.

Then, Misty and May walked closer to the sea, so they could use the sea as a part of the battlefield, for Water Pokemon. Togetic flew behind Misty, awaiting her turn to battle.

May threw a Poke Ball in the air. “Go, Glaceon!” she shouted. A blue Pokemon appeared.

“Seadra, I choose you!” Misty shouted, while sending out the blue seahorse.

“Go, Misty!” Ash shouted.

“Pi Pikachu!” Pikachu added to that, cheering for Misty.

“You can do it, May!” Max shouted.

“Yeah, May! Max is right,” Drew said.

“Glaceon, start with a Water Pulse!” May said. Her Glaceon was standing on the sand of the beach, while Seadra was in the water.

“Seadra, avoid the attack!” Misty commanded. Seadra dove further underwater, just enough to evade the pulse.

“Now, use Hydro Pump!” Misty commanded. Glaceon was hit harshly, because it was unable to avoid: it didn’t know where Seadra was, and when it saw the attack coming, it was too late to evade.

“Glaceon, can you still go on?” May asked, looking a bit worried.

“Gla!” Glaceon shouted, while getting up with a lot of trouble. The Ice Pokemon had trouble standing on its legs, and was almost done for.

“Seadra, let’s finish this with a Twister!” Misty commanded. Seadra made the water form a tornado, which caught Glaceon. After being hurled around and shaked by the Twister, it was defeated. May returned Glaceon to its Poke Ball. Then, she sent out her Beautifly.

“Beautifly, use your Silver Wind!” May shouted. This time, the attack was too fast, Seadra couldn’t avoid getting hit.

“Seadra, use your Blizzard!” Misty commanded. Snow came out of Seadra’s snout, shrouding the butterfly in a harsh, snowy wind.

“Beautifly, use your Whirlwind!” May commanded. The Bug Pokemon moved its wings at high speed, blowing the Blizzard back at Seadra.

“Now, finish this with an Energy Ball!” May shouted. A green ball came at Seadra, who got hit. The seahorse was defeated.

“Seadra, come back!” Misty said, while returning her defeated Pokemon to his Poke Ball. “Tentacruel, I choose you!” she shouted, sending the jellyfish out of its Poke Ball.

“Beautifly, use your Swift!” May shouted. The butterfly shot star-shaped rays at Tentacruel, who got hit harshly by the though attack.

“Tentacruel, Bubblebeam!” Misty commanded. A strong beam of bubbles reached Beautifly. The attack was too fast to avoid for the butterfly, who got badly hurt.

“Beautifly, Psybeam!” May commanded. A colourful beam struck Tentacruel.

“Tentacruel, hit Beautifly with your tentacles!” Misty shouted. First, Tentacruel missed Beautifly twice, but the third time, Tentacruel gave Beautifly a strong hit with one of his tentacles. The butterfly collapsed.

“No, Beautifly!” May cried. She returned the Pokemon to its Poke Ball. “Skitty, I choose you!” May shouted, when sending the pink kitty to the battlefield.

“Tentacruel, use your Poison Sting!” Misty shouted. The stingers hit Skitty.

“Skitty, use your Assist!” May commanded. Then, Skitty came at Tentacruel, hitting the jellyfish with Fury Cutter multiple times, until he was defeated. Misty returned the Pokemon to his Poke Ball, and sent out her Luvdisc. “Caserin, I choose you!” she said, while sending the nicknamed heart fish out of his Poke Ball.

“Luvdisc, use your Water Gun!” Misty commanded. Skitty got hit, was wet, but not defeated yet.

“Skitty, use your Assist again!” May said. It became Fury Cutter again, an attack that gets stronger every time when an opponent is hit by it. After hitting Tentacruel a few times, the attack was immensely strong, or at least strong enough to defeat Luvdisc in just one hit!

“May is very lucky...” Ash moaned. “So many Fury Cutters in a row!”

“Yeah, but I don’t mind that,” Max answered.

“Caserin, return!” Misty said. Then, she hurled her Poke Ball. “Hoppip, I choose you!”

“Skitty, use your Assist again!” May commanded. Again, the attack became Fury Cutter! However, unlike Tentacruel and Luvdisc, Hoppip was fast enough to evade the attack! Skitty, who tried to hit Hoppip with her tail, collapsed and lay on her back, unable to get back on her paws!

“Hoppip, this is your chance: use your Double-Edge!” Misty shouted. Hoppip charged into Skitty, knocking her out!

Then, May returned her Pokemon to its Poke Ball and sent out her Munchlax.

“Hoppip, Tackle!” Misty commanded.

“Munchlax, grab him in one hand!” May commanded. Munchlax grabbed the Grass Pokemon in his left hand.

“Now, use your Fire Punch on Hoppip!” she said to her Normal Pokemon, who hit Hoppip so hard that it was defeated.

“Hoppip is strong when it comes to offenses, but he’s defensively frail...” Ash moaned.

“You were great, Hoppip! Come back and have some rest,” Misty said. “Gyarados, go!” she said. May seemed to be shocked.

“Gyarados, defeat Munchlax in one hit with your Hyper Beam!” she shouted. A strong beam hit Munchlax, who was totally overpowered. He lay on the beach, totally defeated.

“Munchlax, well done. Return!” May said to her defeated Normal Pokemon. Then, she threw a Poke Ball, sending out a big, blue Grass Pokemon. “Venusaur, I choose you!”

“Gyarados looks tired,” Ash commented.

“That’s because he just used Hyper Beam, that takes a crapload of energy,” Max explained.

“Venusaur, Solarbeam!” May commanded. While Gyarados was unable to attack, Venusaur was able to charge without getting hit.

“Venusaur, now!” May shouted. A strong beam of light hit Gyarados, who seemed to be done for. However, the Pokemon got up!

“That’s the spirit, Gyarados!” Misty complimented. “Now, use your Hyper Beam!” A strong beam came out of the dragon’s mouth, strongly hitting Venusaur, who was way too slow to evade the attack. The Grass Pokemon was exhausted, but just strong enough to survive.

“Venusaur, use your Razor Leaf!” May commanded. Gyarados was too tired to evade, got hit and collapsed.

“Gyarados, you were awesome. Come back!” Misty said. Then, she sent Togetic to battle. “Come on, Togetic! You can do it!”

“Toge Togetic!” she answered, while hovering in the air.

“Pi Pi Pi!” Pikachu cheered.

“Togetic, use your Flamethrower!” Misty commanded. Flames hit Venusaur, who was exhausted, and also too slow to evade. The Grass Pokemon was defeated.

“You did well, Venusaur. Come back and have some rest,” May said. Then, she sent out her Blaziken. “Everything depends on you!”

The seawater wouldn’t be used as a battlefield anymore: Blaziken stood on the sand, while Togetic hovered in the air. While Tracey was drawing Misty as sexy as possible to surprise Ash, whose birthday was coming up in a few days, Daisy was taking a nap. Meanwhile, Max and Ash were enjoying the fast-paced battle that was taking place, while Drew was cheering for May.

“Blaziken, let’s start with a Blaze Kick!” May shouted. A fiery kick was aimed at Togetic, who was able to avoid getting hit.

“Togetic, use your Aerial Ace!” Misty commanded. The Happiness Pokemon charged into Blaziken, hitting Hoenn’s fully evolved starter Pokemon super effectively.

“Blaziken, Fire Blast!” May commanded. This time, Togetic was hit, but she was able to continue the battle.

“Togetic, retaliate with a Grass Knot!” Misty commanded. Togetic’s opponent was unable to move: its feet were tied to the ground! Blaziken tried to escape, but nothing worked.

“Blaziken, try to hit her from a distance with your Fire Blast!” May shouted.

“Togetic, Light Screen!” Misty shouted. A screen appeared before Togetic, shielding her from the fire.

“Togetic, let’s finish this with a Hyper Beam!” Misty commanded. A very strong beam was aimed at Blaziken, who collapsed. Misty was the winner!

“Blaziken, you fought hard and did well. Return!” May said. Then, she walked up to Misty. “Congratulations, you’re ready for the Whirl Cup.”

“Thank you!” Misty said with a smile. “You fought well too.”

“Misty, if you battle like that during the Whirl Cup, you’ll be able to win it,” Ash complimented.

“That was awesome, Misty!” Max added, while Pikachu ran at Togetic to hug her, congratulating her with the victory.

“That was awesome, Misty!” Tracey complimented.

“Thanks,” Misty replied. “What did you draw?” she asked, pointing at Tracey’s sketchbook.

“Um... That’s a secret,” Tracey said.

Then, our heroes walked to the nearest Pokemon, so Misty could get her Pokemon checked. They were all healthy, the ones who were defeated in battle against May just had to rest a bit in their Poke Balls. Misty also called Professor Oak, to swap around a few Pokemon for her upcoming Whirl Cup battles.

After having dinner at the Pokemon Center, they went back to the beach to relax some more and to talk.

“Max, now you’re traveling with May and Drew, does May still tease you a lot?” Misty asked.

“Of course, and Drew does that too, he’ll be my big brother-in-law,” Max explained.

“Well, it can’t be worse than what my sisters did to me...” Misty moaned.

“That’s true!” Ash added to that.

“Misty, have you and Ash already kissed?” May asked.

“Yes, we have,” Misty answered.

“And have you two already ‘shared the bed’ yet?” Drew asked with a naughty undertone.

“That’s none of your business,” Misty replied, looking a bit annoyed.

“Yes, we did,” Ash answered. “When we just got reunited, we lost our virginity to each other,” he blurted out, much to Misty’s annoyance.

“Well, Misty, don’t be mad...” Tracey said. “It only means you two are close as a couple.”

“Well, I think such things are private,” Misty said.

“And, was it nice?” Max asked.

“It was...” Ash said, before being interrupted by Misty. “Don’t you dare to finish that sentence!” she snapped.

“And how about you two?” Tracey asked to May and Drew.

“Not yet, we don’t want Max to catch us doing that,” May answered.

“And how about you two?” Max asked Tracey and Daisy.

“I’d rather not tell you,” Daisy answered.

“You’re very curious, it seems,” Tracey said to Max. “But when you have a girlfriend when you’re older, you can experience it yourselves.”

“Could we please talk about something else than love and sex?” Ash asked, referring to Pokemon-related topics, his obsession.

“Um... How about Pokemon and love and sex?” Max asked.

“Ash’s Pikachu and my Togetic are in a relationship,” Misty said, while looking at the two hugging Pokemon. “Max, May, Daisy, Tracey and Drew, do any of you have two Pokemon that are in a relationship?”

“No,” they said simultaneously.

“Then another topic: does any of you want to have children when you’re older?” Misty asked. “When Ash and I are married and settle down, I’d like to have one or two children.”

“You’d be a great parent, Misty! You proved that by taking care of Togetic,” Tracey said.

“Thank you,” Misty said. “Do you and Daisy want children?”

“Well, I might want it, but Daisy doesn’t,” Tracey answered.

“Well, I don’t think I’d be a good mother,” Daisy said, while Ash was taking a nap during a conversation that didn’t interest him at all.

“Personally, I agree with that,” Misty said. Her blonde sister wasn’t offended.

“And how about you, May and Drew?” Tracey asked.

“We never really thought or talked about it,” Drew answered.

“Max, would you want to be a daddy when you get older?” Misty asked.

“Um... I don’t know... Probably, yes,” Max answered.

Then, our heroes went to the hotel, they were tired. Tomorrow, Misty would have her first battle. While the others went to a big sleeping room, Ash and Misty had a private room with a two-person bed for themselves and a small two-Pokemon bed for Pikachu and Togetic.

“Good night, Ash,” Misty said, after brushing her teeth (and brushing Ash’s, who was too sleepy after falling asleep for a while during the group conversation).

“Zzz... Good night...” Ash muttered. Then, he fell asleep. And despite the tension of her upcoming battle, Misty fell asleep too. And so did Pikachu and Togetic.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
If you ever feel like editing or updating a chapter, go ahead. I very much encouraged because it shows how much you've improved over time and the readers will usually always read the first chapters first so that will give a big impact. It's hard work, but it's worth it, and I think it will make you feel a lot better about your work if you do some revision. Anyway I enjoyed reading the new chapters and my favourite is chapter 23 because I enjoyed May and Drew's appearance.

Best of luck on the new chapters and revisions.

If you ever feel like editing or updating a chapter, go ahead. I very much encouraged because it shows how much you've improved over time and the readers will usually always read the first chapters first so that will give a big impact. It's hard work, but it's worth it, and I think it will make you feel a lot better about your work if you do some revision. Anyway I enjoyed reading the new chapters and my favourite is chapter 23 because I enjoyed May and Drew's appearance.

Best of luck on the new chapters and revisions.

First of all, I'm glad you understand this. And I'm perfectly fine with hard work. If I'd hate hard work, I would've never even started writing fanfiction.

Thank you for reading the new chapters!

Also, a few things I'd like to know:
- did you see any flaws?
- did you like Lapras's return?
- did you like Ash vs. Jasmine?
- did you like Horsea evolving into Seadra?
- did you like Misty vs. May?

CHAPTER 23 - SWEET START

The next day, Misty stood in the stadium. Meanwhile, Ash, Daisy, Tracey, Max, May, Drew, Pikachu and Togetic were sitting on the stands of the stadium, where they were supporting the former Cerulean City Gym Leader.

“You can do it, Misty!” Ash shouted.

“Pika Pi!” Pikachu added to that.

“Togetic!” Togetic said.

Misty looked at the stands, and saw her ‘fanclub’, and waved at her friends. It was finally going to start: the Whirl Cup! Unlike six years ago, the early rounds also took place in the colosseum on Red Rock Isle.

Then, Misty’s opponent arrived. A blue-haired man walked up to the battlefield, wearing a black shirt with the text “MISTY IS GOING DOWN” on it, which caused a portion the audience to laugh. But Misty also had a portion of the audience on her side, for two reasons: she was kinder than Andreas, and many guys saw her as attractive.

“Trainers, this is a one on one Pokemon battle. This battle ends when the Pokemon of one trainer is defeated. The winner will progress to the next round. Trainers, choose your Pokemon!” the referee said, explaining the rules.

“Poliwrath, go!” Andreas shouted, hurling his Poke Ball, making the blue tadpole come out.

“Politoed, I choose you!” Misty said, making the green frog come out of his Poke Ball.

“Begin!” the referee announced.

“Politoed, let’s start with a Doubleslap!” Misty commanded. The frog swam at Poliwrath, who just dove underwater, hitting it with a strong attack.

“Poliwrath, Submission under water!” Andreas shouted. Poliwrath rolled around, after grabbing Politoed, causing Misty’s Pokemon a lot of pain.

“Politoed, Mega Kick!” Misty shouted. The frog jumped in the air, aimed his right foot at Poliwrath and kicked on its head. Poliwrath, who just came out of the water, was kicked into the water again.

“Poliwrath, can you go on?” Andreas asked. Poliwrath nodded “yes.” Then, its trainer took a megaphone, and shouted “fangirls, sing for me!” Then, a group of girls on the stand started singing songs to support Andreas. “Andreas, Andreas, you can kick Misty’s ass!”

“Politoed, Shadow Ball!” Misty commanded. A black blob was shot at Poliwrath, who avoided the attack, which Andreas commanded it to do.

“Now use Ice Punch!” Misty commanded her Politoed, who ran at Poliwrath.

“Poliwrath, Focus Punch!” Andreas shouted. Just when Politoed was going to hit Poliwrath, he got hit by the strong Focus Punch.

“Politoed, no!” Misty muttered, in fear of her Whirl Cup dream ending way too soon. “Can you go on?” she asked.

“Politoed!” the frog Pokemon said, getting up and able to continue the battle, but also exhausted.

“Poliwrath, let’s end this with a Giga Impact!” Andreas commanded. The blue Pokemon swam at Politoed at high speed, harshly hitting the green frog.

“Politoed is defea...” the referee said, interrupting himself when he saw that Politoed was still trying to get up. The green frog was done for, but eventually got up on pure willpower, solely because he didn’t want Misty to lose in her first Whirl Cup round. He was too tired to walk, so he stood on the small spot where he could stand on.

“Sorry, Politoed is still able to battle!” the referee apologised.

“Poliwrath, let’s finish this with Tackle,” Andreas said. Poliwrath swam at Politoed, in order to attack.

Politoed was looking at Poliwrath. His eyes were red from anger, he wanted to beat the crap out of his old nemesis.

“Politoed, throw all your frustration, anger, aggression and power in one last-ditch Focus Punch!” Misty shouted. When Poliwrath almost reached Politoed, he got hit by the strongest attack Politoed ever used! The blue Pokemon sank underwater, drifted upwards and was defeated!

“Poliwrath is defeated, Politoed is the winner. Misty continues to the next round!” the referee announced.

Misty started cheering and telling Politoed how awesome he did, and returned the exhausted frog to his Poke Ball after a big hug. Then, the people in the big stadium started cheering. “Misty! Misty! Misty! Misty!”

Meanwhile, Andreas walked up to Misty. “Congratulations, you deserved to win,” he said.

“Thank you, and despite your loss, you did well,” Misty answered.

After handing out signatures while trying to get out of the stadium, Misty went to her friends, who congratulated her.

“That was awesome, Misty!” Ash complimented.

“If you battle like that, you can win the Whirl Cup!” Max said.

“Thank you,” Misty said.

Then, our heroes walked to the beach again, to enjoy the warm weather. The distance between the beach and the stadium was very small, so that didn’t take very long.

“Ash, could we please battle today?” Max asked. “You already didn’t do it yesterday...”

“Of course, sure!” Ash replied. “Three vs. three?” he asked.

“Fine,” Max replied.

“Misty, have you thought about forgiving me yet?” Daisy asked. “I fully realize that what Lily, Violet and I did was wrong, but I can’t change the past. Wouldn’t it be better to just move on?”

“Shut up, Daisy!” Misty snapped.

“Then you’re just an immature brat who holds grudges on innocent people!” Daisy snapped. Misty got so mad, that Pikachu, Togetic, Ash, Tracey, Drew, Max and May were barely able to stop Misty from beating up Daisy.

At the beach, our heroes put on their swimwear. Ash and Max walked up to the place where Misty and May battled yesterday, while Pikachu, Daisy, Tracey and May were watching. Meanwhile, Misty and Togetic went away from Daisy and were sunbathing on a towel. Meanwhile, Drew joined Misty, explaining that decision with “then she won’t be so alone.”

“Totodile, I choose you!” Ash shouted, releasing the Grass Pokemon from its Poke Ball. The crocodile started dancing, but knew he had to be serious during the battle.

“Grovyle, go!” Max shouted. He sent out his starter Pokemon.

“Totodile, start with a Scary Face!” Ash commanded. Totodile tried to strike fear, but failed at that.

“Grovyle, Bullet Seed!” Max commanded. Seeds were shot at Totodile at high speed, strongly hitting the crocodile.

Meanwhile, Tracey and Daisy were talking about Misty. “I don’t get it, Tracey... Why can’t she forgive me? I really want to make it right...” Daisy complained.

“Well, what you, Lily and Violet did was unacceptable for Misty, too big to ever forgive you...” Tracey replied.

Then, Daisy got an idea. “Could you please talk to Misty? She won’t take me seriously, but you are a friend of her.”

“What do you want me to say, dear?” Tracey asked his girlfriend.

“Well, you can explain to her that my intentions are good. Maybe she’ll take what I’m saying if you tell her instead of me,” Daisy explained.

While Totodile collapsed, Drew was looking at Misty. “She’s so gorgeous...” he thought.

Then, Tracey came. “Misty, we need to talk.”

“Why?” Misty asked, while Ash hurled his Poke Ball, sending out a big, fat Normal Pokemon.

“Because Daisy is really doing her best to make you forgive her, she really doesn’t want to hurt you,” he explained.

“Well, what she, Lily and Violet did went too far!” she shouted. “They ruined six years of my life!”

“There’s nothing they can do to change that now, but Daisy really feels remorseful about this, she wants to make it right,” he explained.

“Just tell Daisy to f*ck off!” Misty snapped.

“Sorry for my interference, but I think Misty is right,” Drew said.

“Why?” Tracey asked.

“It’s up to Misty to decide whether she forgives Daisy or not. Daisy can’t give her six more years of travelling, the past can’t be changed. Misty has every reason to be mad about that!” Drew explained.

Meanwhile, Ash’s Snorlax was just about to defeat the tired Grovyle. “Snorlax, Body Slam!” Ash commanded. The fatass jumped on Grovyle, who was crushed by the weight.

“No, Grovyle!” Max cried. Then, he said “you did well, Grovyle, have some rest” in a calmer tone. Then, he sent out his Beautifly.

At the same time, Misty, Tracey and Drew continued their discussion. “Isn’t there anything Daisy or I can do to make you forgive her?” Tracey asked.

“No!” Misty snapped, raising her right fist.

“How about ten million Poke Dollars?” Tracey offered. “Daisy made this contract as a last-ditch effort. Sign it, and you’ll be rich. At least, if you tell Daisy you forgive her, and never talk about the past six years again.”

That offer made Misty’s face go red. “Money can’t buy me out of my right to be mad!” she snapped.

“Sorry, but I didn’t want to offer you this, Daisy wanted me to offer you this,” Tracey explained.

“Then why do you offer it? Just tell Daisy to do that herselves!” Drew suggested, while Max’s Beautifly just defeated Ash’s Snorlax.

“Often, when people ask me to do chores, I refuse. But when Daisy asks it, I do it. She has some magic power for me,” Tracey explained. At the same moment, Ash chose Growlithe as his last Pokemon in the battle against Max.

“Love,” Misty said.

“Well, Misty, you can tell Daisy yourselves that you won’t forgive her,” Tracey suggested.

“I don’t want to talk to her,” Misty said.

“Fine, I’ll do it...” Tracey moaned. Then, he walked to Daisy, who was disappointed but not surprised. “Misty never seemed like the kind of person who would accept money to keep her mouth shut,” she mentioned., while Growlithe’s Flamethrower defeated Max’s Beautifly. Then, Max sent out his strongest Pokemon, his Gardevoir.

When Tracey was with the others, Drew started talking to Misty. “It’s good that you didn’t accept his stupid money,” he said.

“Thanks,” Misty replied. “Also, Drew, I noticed your behaviour when you’re around me, and this is difficult to ask, but are you attracted to me?” she asked.

“Well, I don’t have a crush on you, and my heart is May’s. But you are very beautiful and extremely hot,” he admitted. “Some girls don’t like to be called ‘hot’, are you fine with it?”

“Well, I feel flattered that so many guys like my body, that’s nice. So yes, I’m fine with it, as long as they accept that I’m with Ash and that I’m not interested in dates, relationships, kissing or sex with them. Those are things I only want with Ash. And I don’t think appearance is what people should focus on. I’d rather be called kind than being called beautiful. So what do you think of my personality?” she asked.

“That’s hard to say, I don’t know you that well... But you seem nice,” he said.

“Thanks,” she said.

“Also, Ash told me you have a major anger problem. But I think it’s not that big. After all, Tracey angered you, but you didn’t use physical violence,” he explained.

“Well, I denied my anger problem for a long time. But when Ash and I argued in the Olivine Gym, the Gym Leader there made me realize I have serious issues,” she responded. “Of course my short temper can’t be changed, but I really want to change this, I don’t want to be violent anymore.”

“Well, it’s good that you admit your problem, that’s a big step towards solving your issue,” he replied.

“It wasn’t easy for me to admit this, but I can’t deny it anymore...” she admitted.

“I understand” he said. “Also, could you please not tell May about what I said about your good-looking body?”

“Of course I won’t tell her,” Misty said.

“Shall we watch the end of the battle?” Drew asked.

“Okay,” Misty said. “And I really appreciate your support,” she added. “I just had to get this off my chest.”

“And that chest is hot,” Drew flirted, while looking at that part of Misty’s body.

Misty giggled, felt flattered, but despite that, she asked "Drew, we're friends, we're not a couple. Could you please not make that kind of comments?"

“Okay, sorry,” Drew said.

Then, they walked at the others. Meanwhile, Ash’s Growlithe hit Max’s Gardevoir with Fire Blast, defeating the Psychic Pokemon after a difficult battle.

“Yay!” Ash shouted. Despite the fact that she didn’t see the entire battle, Misty gave him a congratulation hug, while Pikachu and Togetic were cheering, while congratulating Growlithe.

When Max returned Gardevoir to his Poke Ball, Max walked up to Ash. “That Growlithe of yours is impressive!”

“Thanks,” Ash said. “You did well, you seem like a good trainer to me!”

“You too,” Max answered. “You are the deserved winner.”

Two hours later, our heroes had dinner and put their clothes on, as far as that was possible: some wore their swimwear, which was enough because of the tropical temperatures. For example, Misty kept wearing her bikini, and only added a long, black skirt to her outfit. Then, they went to the hotel

At the hotel, there was a surprise waiting for them: it was their old friend Brock, and this time, there was a woman with him! It was Lucy, the Frontier Brain of the Battle Pike.

“Hey, Brock, I see you and Lucy are together!” Misty said.

“Yeah, we’re dating for some months now,” Brock answered. After flirting and intercourse with many different women, and a relationship with Nurse Joy that only lasted one week, Brock was finally able to maintain a relationship!

“That’s wonderful!” Misty replied. “You two look like a cute couple.” Then, after introducing herself to Lucy, she said “Brock told me some very nice things about you.”

“Thank you,” Lucy said. “But he’s biased.”

“And, how did you two get together?” Misty asked.

“We met each other six years ago and loved each other, love at first sight,” Brock answered.

“In those six years, many guys asked me out, but I didn’t want to date anyone else but Brock. I waited for him, believing that I would see him again. And my patience has been rewarded,” Lucy elaborated.

“That’s so romantic,” Misty commented.

“Then, when Brock came back from a short trip to Johto, we had a night out, we went to a restaurant, took me to a movie, and immediately like we were a couple that’s already together for years,” Lucy said.

“I crushed on many girls just because they’re hot, but Lucy is my one and only true love,” Brock added to that.

“Are you two already considering to start living together?” Misty asked.

“Yeah,” Lucy commented. “He’s going to move to the Battle Pike to live with me.”

“And did you two already kiss?” Misty asked.

“Of course!” Brock said, showing a proud smile.

“And did you and Brock already... Well, how should I call this?” Ash tried to ask.

“Did what?” Lucy asked.

“Well... Do it?” Ash blurted out.

“Ash, that’s none of your business!” Lucy snapped. Misty was annoyed, and almost hit Ash. However, Togetic and Pikachu prevented that from happening.

“Sorry, Lucy, he can’t help it. He’s unromantic, immature and dense,” Brock explained.

“That’s true,” Tracey said.

“I really don’t see why Misty has such strong feelings for that guy...” Drew complained.

“And I don’t see why he has feelings for her!” Daisy joked.

“I’m glad Drew is more mature than Ash,” May said.

“I am who I am!” Ash defended himself. “And everyone has flaws, why does everyone always have to complain about this?” he snapped.

“He’s right,” Lucy said. “Of course people can sometimes work on their flaws, but people are who they are and we need to respect that.”

“Sorry, Ash...” Misty apologised. “You’re totally right.”

“It’s okay, everyone makes mistakes,” Ash answered. “At least, if you kiss me on my cheek.” Misty moved her mouth to Ash’s head, and gave him the kiss he wanted. Meanwhile, she enjoyed giving him that kiss as well.

Then, Misty took a look at the big screen in the hotel. There were the setups for the upcoming battles. She had to battle Prima! Then, she walked to Ash.

“Misty, who’s gonna be your next opponent?” he asked.

“Prima,” Misty said. “That’ll be very hard, and it’s just the pre-round, but it’s also going to be a beautiful battle,” she commented.

“I think you can beat her,” Drew said.

“Just believe in yourself and you can do it. That’s what I learned from Ash,” Max commented.

“Thank you,” Misty replied.

Later that evening, when Ash and Misty just went to bed, they started talking.

“Misty, you were with Drew for some time at the beach. What did you two do?” Ash asked.

“We talked,” Misty answered.

“About what?” Ash asked.

“About Daisy,” she answered. “He agrees with me. And we also talked about my anger problem.”

“I noticed that Drew acts very different to you than towards most others, does he have a crush on you?” he asked.

“Are you a little jealous?” she asked. “You don’t have to. He doesn’t have a crush on me, but he does see me as hot.”

“And do you see him as hot too?” he asked.

“No, absolutely not. I also told him that he and I are friends, but nothing more than that, and he respects that. And he’s in a relationship with May anyways,” she answered.

“Then it’s fine,” he said. “Good night.”

“Good night,” Misty responded. Then, they fell asleep, just like Pikachu and Togetic.

Last edited:

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I only read the first couple chaprers, but I just noticed you said Misty and Ash hadnt kissed, even though Misty was gushing over what a "great" kisser he was.

I only read the first couple chaprers, but I just noticed you said Misty and Ash hadnt kissed, even though Misty was gushing over what a "great" kisser he was.

Well, where did you notice that I said they didn't kiss? Not in the fic...

Also, I do have to say that the first few chapters of this fic are way worse than the more recent ones. I'm planning on revising those after finishing the Whirl Cup arc.