• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arcanaeum

Matoro

Toa of Ice
dVOlYfH.png

31 Aug 2013—A ;059; scientist discovers a new disease. Names it Pyrum Arcanaeum.

14 Dec 2013--;059; presents findings to scientific community. Multiple samples are cultivated and distributed to laboratories around the Pokemon world for analysis and study.

29 Jul 2015--;059; is hospitalized. Diagnosis is “excessive stress.” Prognosis is doubtful.

09 Oct 2016--;059;’s wife and children are hospitalized.

10 Nov 2016—After several years of pain and suffering, ;059; dies.
Excerpt from medical history of Dr. John Entsulex
Patient’s vital signs are failing. Medical team agrees upon 0% chance of recovery. Later same
day: Patient speaks for first time in several years. Transcript:
The virus…stop…can’t…
Later same day: Patient mortality.

18 May 2018—Multiple hospitalizations of scientists involved in Arcanaeum project. No connection noted.

24 Mar 2020—Several scientific facilities completely shut down due to hospitalization of their upper level employees. Majority of scientists directly involved with Arcanaeum project are dead.

03 Jul 2021—Arcanaeum is given top national priority when its symptoms are recognized in :591: Dr. Andrew Adamson, Director of the Center for Pokemon disease in Castelia City. These symptoms include headaches, vomiting, excessive tiredness, then progress to coughing, incapacitation, then vegetative state and death.

17 Sep 2021--:591: Dr. Adamson dies. Attempts are made to quarantine Castelia city. Resident Pokemon object to quarantine and clash with Unova police.

12 Jun 2022—A ;325; in Mossdeep City checks into the local hospital. Diagnosed as Arcanaeum.

30 Jun 2022—Most of Castelia City is infected, dying, or dead. Few venture in. Several in Nimbasa City are identified as infected.

21 Nov 2022—A :587: who escaped the Castelia quarantine reports that the dying are cured and that the quarantine has been lifed. A ;009;, ;097;, and ;101; are diagnosed with Arcanaeum in Celadon City.

02 Feb 2023—By this point most of Unova is infected. Reports from outside regions claim that Pokemon are being naturally cured through time. Communication is lost from all cities north of Castelia. Lavaridge Town and Petalburg City have attempted quarantines. Saffron City and Vermillion city are virtually abandoned.

16 Jun 2023—Hearthome City and Veilstone City in Sinnoh have reported widespread infection. Communication ceases from Unova. Iris is reported dead. Scattered radio reports are received but are usually unrespondable. The vast majority of Hoenn has been infected. In Kanto, Cerulean City and Pewter City fall. Sinnoh, expecting a severe infection, forces a young infected ;453; to consent to experimentation. He dies within 18 hours. Excerpt from autopsy recording:
Okay, I am approaching Patient #120324. Species number 453, Croagunk. Hometown:
Eterna City. Superficial viewing indicates darker, slightly moist, shrunken skin abnormal
to species. Sterilizing scalpel. Making incision—yeah, what Joe, I’m busy, I GHHKHH—
holy ****---it’s--- [end of transcript]

18 Jul 2023—Government of Hoenn collapses. Rumor indicates that there have been sporadic, uncoordinated attacks on Vermillion City. Snowpoint City falls. Government of Sinnoh orders evacuation of all citizens to the Pokemon League. Underground bunkers are constructed. Government of Johto rallies civil defenses. Johto Protection League is formed.

05 Sep 2023—Communication ceases from Kanto. Fallout readings increase from Indigo Plateau. A single radio transmission is received emanating from somewhere in northern Unova. Undecipherable except for “alliance…walking…alive…traveling…dead…help.”

22 Dec 2023—Residents of Canalave City broadcast over radio the first report of the situation. Arcanaeum kills its victims, then reanimates them. Pokemon zombies, for lack of a better term. It is borne only through the bodily fluids of the reanimated. There is no known method for killing the reanimation. The Johto Protection League, suspicious at its lack of infection, further rallies its defenses. Pokemon are encouraged to arm themselves in any way possible.

08 Jan 2024—Kantonian refugees arrive in New Bark Town. Johto Government examines them for infection. There are no signs. Refugees report it is possible but extremely difficult to kill the Arcanaeum, as the infected have come to be called. They report there are groups of survivors in Kanto, scavenging what they can to stay alive. In addition, the largest one, the Color Guild, consists of over one hundred survivors.

11 Mar 2024—The Johto Protection League is overwhelmed in one day. Multi-front assaults on Azalea town, Ecruteak City, and Olivine City by Arcanaeum reduce defenses to rubble, especially since the incubation period between death and reanimation is only 12 hours.

02 Apr 2024—The current date. The Pokemon world is in ruins. Will you survive Arcanaeum?

Welcome to Arcanaeum. I am Matoro. I will be your gamemaster for this quest. It is up to you, as a Pokemon, to save the Pokemon world from Arcanaeum. Please be warned, this game will feature written depictions of graphic violence. I will begin by establishing some ground rules.

Da rulez

1. Obey all SPPF rules.

2. Don’t flame, troll, etc. Don’t be retarded and you’ll be fine.

3. This is an RPG game. It is not an RPG. Otherwise it would be in the RPG section. Obviously, it is in the games section. You are not expected to write a book in every post.

4. On the flip side, your posts should not be limited to “;408; Yes.” Please put some thought into your character dialogue and actions. Depending on the situation, the post should take up between 1 and 5 (absolute max) lines, unless you are creating dialogue between you and a character you don’t control, which is highly frowned upon.

5. Do not god-mod. “;178; *Flies up into the air, uses hyper bead 20 times, taking out 100 Arcanaeum with each hit. Gracefully flips down, saving ;259; from being bitten* Not bad, huh?” I really hate people who do this. In fact if you do the opposite it just might get you on my good side enough to have something good happen to you. If you do this I will change the effect so that it backfires.

6. Do not Mary Sue. “:621: Elizabeth. She was once President, but nobody knows it. Youngest Pokemon to ever become Champion. Saved the world twice but very modest about it. Also perfect stats.”

7. This thread will involve an ungodly amount of posts since I will basically have to be balancing everything out all the time. Although you will partially driving the storyline I do have an objective that I believe is a good story, so if it is extremely clear that I am attempting to go in a particular direction, although I will still let you do what you attempt, please don’t go way out of your way to oppose it.

8. You will have health. I decide how much health you lose, gain, etc. You also have a stamina pool that all moves and other exertive activity draws from. I will work out exact details of this later. Also, depending on your species and description, these will be different.

9. You can use from any move in your normal BW2 movepool, including moves learned by pre-evos but not by later evolutions. More powerful moves require more stamina. Your ability will also be factored in.

10. Please be active. If you would like to cease playing, please submit an action wherein you die, preferably by Arcanaeum. This emphasizes the fact that this game does in fact require creativity and that YOU CAN DIE (see below). If you are inactive for more than two weeks you will be killed in a dramatic and gruesome fashion.

11. There has been some confusion as to exactly how much participation is required. I will, in posts usually longer than the players’ explain to each individual survivor exactly what their situation is. For example, in the following post the Galvantula, Misdreavus and Nuzleaf are players.. The Simisear is a NPC operated by me.

Post #1 by me
:596: [You stumble into the Blackthorn Bunker, covered in slashes. You are just settling down to recover from your wounds when you see a movement in the darkness.] Health 94/200
;200; [You and your traveling companions ;274; Tim and :514: Alex have been traveling up Route Seven towards Twist Mountain for several days now.]
:514: Hey look!
;200; [Looks up ahead] Health 162/175
:514: Do you see that tower? Heath 148/150

Post #2 by :596: operator
:596: H-hello? Who’s there? [Gets up painfully to investigate]

Post #2 by ;274; operator
;274; Yeah, I see it. What does it mean in relation to the vials though?

Post #3 by me
:596: [As you are walking towards the Pokemon you realize that it is a ;477; Dusknoir. You relax a little. The Dusknoir comes a little closer and you barely have time to hear it moan before it’s on top of you!] Health 72/200
;200; Hmmmm… [Suddenly, out of the tall grass on either side, spring multiple infected ;162;.] They jump on top of you and your companions, scratching you faces with their claws.] Health 155/175
:514: ****! Get out of here, all of you! GET TO THE TOWER!!!! [A ;162;’s claws rip across his face, spattering blood everywhere. Three of them then proceed to stab his chest repeatedly with their claws. Health 31/150

Post #4 by ;200; operator
;200; [Freezing on fear] Oh-oh my God…

Post #5 by ;596; operator
:596: Ah—get off me you ****ing monster! [Uses Electro Ball on the infected Dusknoir, followed by Bug Buzz] (OOC: Can’t I get a little break?)

Post #6 by ;274; operator
;274; Come on, Lucy! We’ve got to make it to the tower! [Throws Razor Leaf at ;162;s. Grabs Lucy and runs toward the tower.]

Post #7 by me
:596: [Your Electro Ball knocks the Dusknoir to the back of the room, and the Bug Buzz crushes its head like a soda can. Its ghostly body dissipates.] Health 73/200
;200; [Finally breaks out of shock and begins floating at high speed toward the tower.] Come on Caleb, hurry up! Health 155/175
;274; [You make it to the tower with Lucy. You turn around and slam the door shut as hard as you can. The Furrets begin scratching at the door, creating a small, inconsistent noise.] Thank Arceus! Health 141/160

How to become a player (not that kind of player)
Welcome, survivor! I knew you’d make it. Just give me a little information about yourself and I’m sure we can find a place for you.
Code:
[color=black][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Species[/b] (please include smilie):
[b]Age[/b] (if applicable):
[b]Hometown (Region)[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Say, how did you survive when the Arcanaeum attacked?[/b]:[/color]

Please fill out this form as thoroughly as possible. In addition, it will be referenced all the time while playing. Please try to factor in your background as much as possible.

There are an infinite number of players allowed. You may join at any time; there are no “rounds” or anything like that. You just submit what you do and I carry it out. If you and I are both online, we can virtually carry on a conversation. In fact, the more players the better. I may play some characters in order to advance the storyline.
Banned List: If you’ve done something to make me mad (which is kind of hard) I’ll probably just make something bad happen to you. If you’d made me really mad you go on the banned list. You may not participate in Arcanaeum for any reason.

None. Let’s keep it that way.

Current Playing Characters: Here is a list of everyone who is playing along with their dossier that you may reference at any time. It may give you a hint as to how to interact with them.

None. Let’s not keep it that way. Go ahead and sign up.

All you have to do to play Arcanaeum is submit actions as often as you like. Please do it in the following format:

;126; If Magmar was talking, this text would be what he was saying. *Magmar did something, and this is how he did it.* [Magmar chose to put his action in this format instead.]

In Arcanaeum, unlike other RPGs, it IS POSSIBLE TO DIE. If you die, you can reapply as a new character (must be substantially different from your original) but you lose everything you gained originally. If you are not both creative enough and efficient in your actions there is a possibility that you will die. With that, I leave you to your survival. Good luck out there.

Mods note: This was resubmitted after making changes suggested by Dramatic Melody. If more changes need to be made, let me know.

Last edited: