• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus Ebay

Serafus

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread... But I found this ebay deal that looks quite legit... You pay just two dollars to get the American Toys R Us Arceus in a trade. You make the purchase, get an ebay message, exchange friend codes, and just trade a bidoof or something for it. But I want a second opinion. This guy looks to have high approval, but I would not know who to trust. I've never done this sort of thing before. If you guys would like a link to the page, just say so.
Thanks

@lex

Myth Collector
What's likely is that the Pokémon is a hack or clone. I wouldn't do it, but that's because I dislike hacks and clones~

'sides, there are plenty of Arceus in the trading forum.

Those ebay events are usually clones or "legit hacks", and I don't think ebay buyers protection covers stuff like this.
It's not a big deal if it is cloned though, practically every Pokemon game has a perfectly harmless cloning glitch, you're game will be fine.

Serafus

That is relieving to hear. I guess the only other part that throws me off is the idea that Ill have to friend-trade with some random person in Singapore... What with the whole ds microphone talk thing, its kinda creepy...

Don't worry too much about that, I don't know if the microphone is on during friend-trades, I've traded with random people I met online and we had to use facebook/msn/skype/etc to communicate.

Aquanova

i found things very smilar to this on Ebay. I would be wary. Its probabaly a clone or Hack, especially if they offer more tha 1 pokemon. I found some one that was " selling" the Japanese 13th Movie Legndary Dogs. It said they had a friend in japan that had preordered a bunch of tickets, and that this friend would recieve the Pokemon, and trade them to their American game, and they would trade them to you, but have to Pay $5 first. It sounds bad. You shouldnt have to buy Pokemon, but if it is legit, I guess thats another way to get events

mas

uhm u are going to get a action replay arceus.

ARandomName

Erm you are probably just going to get an arceus thats from an action replay event code. But it's still (partly) legit I mean it won't have fruity stats or anything. So if you want to buy it go ahead, but I'm sure you could easily find a person with an action replay that will do the event and send it to you for free.

randomspot555

That is relieving to hear. I guess the only other part that throws me off is the idea that Ill have to friend-trade with some random person in Singapore... What with the whole ds microphone talk thing, its kinda creepy...

Push X before the trade starts. It'll turn off the microphone.

You'll get an Arceus generated from a Wondercard that was likely hacked onto the game cart/save file. I can almost guarantee this.

People telling you to take it to the trade forum aren't helping you much either. As you yourself said, you don';t have anything worth trading for it. Most posts in the Event Pokemon Trading thread are really rigorous and won't trade for anything other than other event Pokemon.