• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus end all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
That's not a good reason. I don't see why every Pokemon needs to have an evolution.

well it's more likely. If you didn't notice they made Sudowoodo have a preevolution when it didn't need one. They also made Porygon have 2 evolutions that it didn't need as it started off as a non-evolution pokemon. Same with Tangela.

Dattebayo

Banned
That's not a good reason. I don't see why every Pokemon needs to have an evolution.

Because eveyone's underestimating the power of Stand Alone Pokemon.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Because eveyone's underestimating the power of Stand Alone Pokemon.

you're quite right. I liked Sudowoodo, Snorlax, Chansey, and all the other Stand Alone pokemon a lot more than once they got evolutions. I think Mr.Mime shouldn't have gotten a prevolution

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
First because Ledian and Ariados are evolutions of Ledyba and Spinarak and second because Zangoose and Seviper don't have evolutions yet

But why those specifically and not others that don't have evolutions?

Chim-Charred!

Blast Evolution!
Maybe an anti-christ type Pokemon. Arceus's yang to his yin. That sort of thing. If Arceus is Alpha then their shoud be an Omega. After that I got nothing else. It still kind of seems like they would be unnaturally prolonging the series that way but whatever. Money makes the word go round!

Edit: An evolution for Arceus could also work well! I hadn't thought of that.

Last edited:

BCVM22

What is it about any part of the franchise that makes you think a Pokémon representing the death of everything would be a feasible introduction?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Maybe an anti-christ type Pokemon. Arceus's yang to his yin. That sort of thing. If Arceus is Alpha then their shoud be an Omega. After that I got nothing else. It still kind of seems like they would be unnaturally prolonging the series that way but whatever. Money makes the word go round!

Edit: An evolution for Arceus could also work well! I hadn't thought of that.

The series gets enough flak as it is for being evil, demonic etc. without it actually becoming so.

An evolution for Arceus would be a game breaker. 150 in every stat? 255 in every stat? Wouldn't work.

rocky505

maybe they could do gods of certain types like a god of fire, water or anything else.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
does the next legendaries need to be stronger? ive heard the arceus thing plenty of times but i dont see a point of it.

btw, why wouldnt pokemon need evos? i dont care about their stats and evs and if they look bad it doesnt matter to me

What is it about any part of the franchise that makes you think a Pokémon representing the death of everything would be a feasible introduction?

"Pokemon Emo Version"

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
The creator of Arceus? Or the different "Poke gods" of other universes? lol

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I really do not understand this fascination with calling one of the newest legendaries of each gen God.

First it was Mew. Then Ho-oh. Then.. okay, 3rd gen didn't have anybody. But now we have Arceus, and "Arceus = God" threads are popping up faster then rabbits.

Well.
If Arceus = God, then 5th generation would have to introduce a counterpart.

With God, there is the Devil, so there must be something to counterbalance it.

Instead of the Pokemon of creation, perhaps the Pokemon of destruction.

That'd be an interesting movie actually... war between Arceus and XXX Pokemon

BCVM22

Good thing Arceus isn't God, so there goes that inane "requirement."

See above.

For the love of--

have you people been playing a different franchise for the last thirteen years? What is it about any part of anything with the name "Pokémon" plastered across the front that makes you think "hey, the concept of a Pokémon destined to destroy and kill everything is a really feasible and realistic idea!"?

Please. Stop.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well.

That'd be an interesting movie actually... war between Arceus and XXX Pokemon
Well, I believe in a god but no devil, so what do you have to say about that? Besides, I doubt they would make a Pokemon that evil.

Also, what is etched in stone saying that because Arceus has a deity-like(not a god) status, the next Pokemon would have to be as strong or stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.