• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus end all

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
please read the rest because that might not be true but everything else is

You don't really get this huh.

Your entire argument hinges on the hope that everything in the pokedex is true as that is where the majority of the legends are located.

In other words, you kind of just said you were wrong.

Also, as stated in too many topics to count, creating everything does not make you a god. Sure, you might get referenced as the Creator, but you're not a god until people actively start praying to you. Also, note that we still have no proof whatsoever that Arceus even created anything.

This topic has been made too many times to count already.

As for Groudon, Kyogre and Raqyquaza, note that their "legend" was flat out stated to be true in-game. Note that this is not the case with Arceus, where all we get is a legend with no confirmation whatseover.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
....you state that all legends are true.

The majority of the legends in pokemon are in the pokedex.

Therefore, your argument depends on the the pokedex being accurate.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
They will make more legendaries, just not as powerful. They didn't let mewtwo stop them in the first generation, right?

buskalilly

Just for some perspective, Arceus is a lot more like the Hindu "word" than the Christian God, seeing as there was nothing and then there was Arceus, whereas God exists outside time and space (I'm writing this as an Atheist whose studied philosophy and theology)

also, I'm gonna have to say the "just because its a legend doesn't make it true" line of reasoning is logical. according to the legends, you can lose your soul looking into a Shedinja.

Arceus and Theology

Just for some perspective, Arceus is a lot more like the Hindu "word" than the Christian God, seeing as there was nothing and then there was Arceus, whereas God exists outside time and space (I'm writing this as an Atheist whose studied philosophy and theology)

also, I'm gonna have to say the "just because its a legend doesn't make it true" line of reasoning is logical. according to the legends, you can lose your soul looking into a Shedinja.

As a Bible-believer, I'd just like to say you are a vey fair and balanced Atheist. Your estimation of Christian theology is correct; Arceus cannot be the Chrtistian God because Arceus clearly exists in time and space. He's also a finite being, BTW. (I don't know enough about Hinduism to know how correct you are about that point, but I'll trust your statement.)

Also, I'd like to say that some people are taking the Pokedex's statment out of context. The Pokedex didn't say "Arceus created the universe", but "It is said it created the universe with its thousand arms." The Pokedex does not pretend to confirm the truth of the legend. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even confirm that Arceus has one thousand arms!

The most interesting thing is that I've heard descriptions of the Big Bang that actually used a phrase like "cosmic egg." The Arceus stories may actually be mythological versions of the Big Bang--related in terms no Atheist would belive because of all the beings involved! The connection to Hinduism is somewhat understandable because of some Hindu's beliefs that matter is all that exists.

No, I don't think Arceus ends all. There will be other Pokemon. They may even top Arceus.

Last edited:

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
After Arceus they should just STOP MAKING LEGENDARIES. I hate them with the fiery passion of ten million suns. They are way overused; they shouldn't even be called "legendary" anymore because everywhere you look tehre's another Ho-oh or Deoxys. Augh.

I don't think the franchise is going to stop anytime soon, though. The money's still pouring in for them, and we're still buying, so... Who's at fault? Just wish they'd come up with some better ideas for pokémon. Drifloon and Drifblim threw me way off.

Well, I believe in a god but no devil, so what do you have to say about that? Besides, I doubt they would make a Pokemon that evil.

I don't personally believe in either, but I believe in balance. Let's just hope the creators of pokémon agree with you on both parts. As much as I'd like to see a pokémon that went around destroying everything for the sole purpose of watching things go *poof*, it'd seem very dumb indeed.

Rex Kamex

After Arceus they should just STOP MAKING LEGENDARIES.

You could've said that about Mew...

I don't think the franchise is going to stop anytime soon, though. The money's still pouring in for them, and we're still buying, so... Who's at fault? Just wish they'd come up with some better ideas for pokémon. Drifloon and Drifblim threw me way off.

But in the first generation there was Muk, Grimer, Magnemite, Magneton, Diglett, Dugtrio, Voltorb, Electrode...

mimefan

Banned
Yes, God's Arceus, also Probopass is Adolf Hitler, and my mother's a Magikarp, and myn father Chansey.

Dattebayo

Banned
No, I don't think Arceus ends all. There will be other Pokemon. They may even top Arceus.

They already did, it's Deoxys. Just look at its base stats and compare them to Arceus's.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
According to the logic of "the pokedex is always right", I just stole your soul.
Spr_b_g4_292_s.png

Last edited:

Greencat

The Green Cat
I think they choose this set of ideas (Creation of the universe and all) too early. They could make the End Of Creation Pokémon or something like that. Like the Omega Pokémon that is just as powerful as Arceus (The Alpha Pokémon). Perhaps they can just expand on the idea -- like they did with Lugia and the three birds.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm not sure why a next-gen speculation thread is still running, but they aren't typically allowed.

Since the thirst for a topic of Arceus and Legendary Pokemon seems to be unquenchable here in GPD, please use the new and decently well-made, if sorely mistaken, "~Pokemon Theology~" thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.