• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

arceus event question

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Can somebody please tell me when the arceus event in the US goes to? What is the last day for it?

Torpoleon

November 15, 2009. So, it is still going on. I am guessing that you can still do the event at Toys R Us on the 15th. I am going on the 14th.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Anyone know if the Hiker only appears in the mines? Does he appear somewhere else?

Also FYI the range for mystery gift is pretty short. I tried doing it in the parking lot, and then the restroom and no dice. You have to be in or around the video game section.

-;248;

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Anyone know if the Hiker only appears in the mines? Does he appear somewhere else?

Also FYI the range for mystery gift is pretty short. I tried doing it in the parking lot, and then the restroom and no dice. You have to be in or around the video game section.

-;248;

He appears again at the Library in... Canalave? The city with the bridge and the Steel-type Gym. He just talks more about Arceus.

And yeah, I hate that about the TRU events; I always feel like such a creep, being an adult male and wandering into a children's toy store by myself. Wish I could just take my pokemon from the parking lot...

halloweenghost

He appears again at the Library in... Canalave? The city with the bridge and the Steel-type Gym. He just talks more about Arceus.

And yeah, I hate that about the TRU events; I always feel like such a creep, being an adult male and wandering into a children's toy store by myself. Wish I could just take my pokemon from the parking lot...

you might be able too lol I downloaded my first out of three in the parking lot going in.

Lady Umbreon

Are they giving away a poster or something with this download?

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer

Ah cool thanks. Yeah I always get dirty looks from parents, or at least I think they are giving me dirty looks. Going to toy's'R'us doesn't really bother me though, just the dowloading something onto my DS..makes me feel awkward. I dunno why.

Are they giving away a poster or something with this download?

You used to get a booklet. Mine didn't give anything away or the massive amount of children there last saturday took them all..

you might be able too lol I downloaded my first out of three in the parking lot going in.

I guess its different from each store or something. My TRU has the video game section kinda off to the side, so you have to park like right in front of the store or something.
-;248;

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
yes it was definetly weird to walk into the store yesterday before noon, have people greet me knowing I should probably be in highschool or something. I just milled around and then finally wound up in the vacant video game isle.

I felt like a total idiot. I haven't been in that store since the Shaymin event and now since I got a DSi I have like 3 DS for all 3 pokemon games. So the weirdo at the counter keeps on looking at me like I'm trying to steal something and my coat pockets are huge since I have 3 DS in there. It was very embarrasing but hey I got good natures so if you're willing to get humiliated all you need is to restart the games until you get what your looking for.

I ceased caring what other people thought about what I do a long time ago. The older you get, the less important it is. (Take it from the 38-year-old PokeDad). Heck, I had my kids with me and we all had a blast getting our multiple Arceus's.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I ceased caring what other people thought about what I do a long time ago. The older you get, the less important it is. (Take it from the 38-year-old PokeDad). Heck, I had my kids with me and we all had a blast getting our multiple Arceus's.

I'm sorry don't mean to pry, but I just find that really awesome. I hope to get my kids into my hobbies when I get a bit older and have some of my own. I always like to see parents getting their children involved in the stuff they like doing.

yes it was definetly weird to walk into the store yesterday before noon, have people greet me knowing I should probably be in highschool or something. I just milled around and then finally wound up in the vacant video game isle.

I felt like a total idiot. I haven't been in that store since the Shaymin event and now since I got a DSi I have like 3 DS for all 3 pokemon games. So the weirdo at the counter keeps on looking at me like I'm trying to steal something and my coat pockets are huge since I have 3 DS in there. It was very embarrasing but hey I got good natures so if you're willing to get humiliated all you need is to restart the games until you get what your looking for.

Lol I have 6 Pokemon DS games, cause I got another platinum as a gift and had bought another diamond cause I didn't want to restart my main file and then somehow bought another pearl too. I just brought my DS lite and was switching between them so I got some dirty looks from employees like I was stealing something. Like I said I don't mind going to TRU. I go there sometimes for action figures (my other guilty pleasure), so Its not the store, its just going there on a saturday and standing in the video game isle switching between 6 games to get a download made me feel awkward. I dunno why. lol..

-;248;

mas

nov.7 -nov.15

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I didn't look to see if they were giving away posters at my TRU, but I'll be kinda ****** if they were. I doubt it, though; they were barely even doing any advertising (at least, I didn't see any for the event). The TRU in... Albany, I think it was, was much better about these events; when I went there for Darkrai, one of the women working there showed me how to download it into my game (she then showed a child how to do so, which made me feel extremely awkward), and I think they might've been giving posters away, but I think they were Rise of Darkrai posters and not, like, generic pokemon posters, so I didn't take any.

XParasite

I dont recall seeing anything at the toysrus i was at. But I just didnt look that hard. Some signage for it as i entered the store. One other older kid was there also downloading him while I did it 3 times : )).

TheFreshness

i went to toys r us today and i couldnt download it...i assume that its the same as regie was but it didnt work...i asked for help they werent too much help though

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
i went to toys r us today and i couldnt download it...i assume that its the same as regie was but it didnt work...i asked for help they werent too much help though

What issue were you having exactly?

I had an issue downloading mine, but it had to do with my card being full. I had Shaymin, Darkrai and Rotom events still on my card so I deleted the Darkrai one. Really I'm sure it would have been safe to delete all 3 because I have the key items in the game.
Once I did that, I got Arceus to download.

TheFreshness

all i have on my diamond is the regie event i'll try to delete that card today...it searches for a signal and cant find one ever is what seems to be happening. i just called them to make sure they were having the event and they are. hopefully it works today

pokemaster001

all i have on my diamond is the regie event i'll try to delete that card today...it searches for a signal and cant find one ever is what seems to be happening. i just called them to make sure they were having the event and they are. hopefully it works today

yeah, I had the same problem, only they told me it was because the one store I went to was the only store they knew of that had a glitch to mess up your game so they cancelled it and I need to find a new toys r us

kingofmaelstroms

id rather they just make it another wifi event