• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

arceus official pronunciation - your not gonna like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
I sent an email to pokemon.com a week or two ago regarding how to pronounce arceus' name officially and they put it in this weeks letter of the week:
http://www.pokemon.com/#mailbag_09102009

what do you think? I think nintendo shouldve kept the pronunciation as the same as what battle revolution says (AR-see-us not ARK-ee-us)

I wonder if this itself is just another blunder cause so far we've herd 3 diferent "official" views on how the name is said, first battle revolution saying "Ar-see-us", then the trailer for the 12th movie saying "ar-say-us" now an official rep of pokemon USA sayign "ARK-ee-us"

which should we believe?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So it's the same as the trailers?

Zwitter™

Surhomme
nah the point is its gone from that to ARK-ee-us

imo that is total fail just on the inconsistancy front. there should have been enough planning to know how to say the name before it got released

also that name is sh*t

it is like how suicune is pronounced swee-KUN!!!!!!

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
0-o i always pronounced it that way, isnt bad.

btw, suicune is the way u read it too, what else did it had to be? SUI-su-ne ? i said su-SHI-ne :p

Vernikova

Champion
I'll just stick with the pronounciation from the 12th movie.

cptmyname

WOW AM I SURPRIZED

the strong C was how i always prenounced it o_O
i would poke fun at my friends and PBR for being wrong...

AND I WAS RIGHT!

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i never heard someone saying ar-see-us , i prefer ar-kee-us sounds stronger

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Me too. I've always said ARK-eus because otherwise it's ARSE-eus, and we don't want that now, do we?

Grei

not the color
That's dumb. I've been pronouncing it "Ar-SOOS" up to now (Y'know, since Zeus is pronounced "zoose"). I'll continue to pronounce it that way, thanks.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
Aww..I like Ar-see-us. That's WAY better. That's how I pronounce it, until the 12th movie.

halloweenghost

well the guy who does the mailbox is I honestly believe to bewrong.. they have been wrong before on things. Like in the advanced battle opening the shadowy figure of mewtwo they said it was the crimsons wave scizzor (or whatever it';s name was.) when somone asked what it was... when many know it is mewtwo.

But it would be kinda dumb to have PBR pronounce it VERY differently if they go with the hard C

Last edited:

BCVM22

That's dumb. I've been pronouncing it "Ar-SOOS" up to now (Y'know, since Zeus is pronounced "zoose"). I'll continue to pronounce it that way, thanks.

There are at least three or four right answers to this question.

This is not one of them. In no language is "-ceus" pronounced "soos."

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
I actually like ARK-ee-us since I kept failing to pronounce it before due to the spelling (I usually call him "AR-ser-rus" just because I'm retarded like that (I could never remember where the R was). I had the same problem with Dialga by calling him Digala.

Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.