• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Arceus & The Jewel of Life!

Thousands of years ago, when an asteroid was heading to earth, Damos called out for Arceus to help him and so Arceus gave him the Jewel of Life and arranged a time for the return of it. However, Damos ended up betraying Arceus and so Arceus became vengeful against man.

When the fighting between the three titans erupts again in the land of Michina, Arceus is awakened and started to have his revenge on humankind. Ash & Co. try to stop it, but end up sent back in time..

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

~AussieWonder~

Absolutely loved it! Animation was phenomenal, compelling storyline, and I actually liked Arceus's voice, not to mention all the other new characters. Perfect way to end the series. BTW seeing Monferno for the first time, pure awesomeness! Heatran was pretty cool as well. Definitely up there with the best of the best Pokemon movies.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
It's long past 6 PM Friday the 6'th in Australia time. I'll continue to wait for the inevitable YouTube upload. But only to watch the first few minutes, as I'm waiting for the DVD in it's proper 2010 release. Like they should have waited till to air it in the first place.

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
I really enjoyed watching this movie. The main problem I had with it were the voice actors; In parts, Arceus sounded like a really old man, which didn't really suit it (I know Arceus is old but still), and I hated Damos' voice, since it was the same as Yu-Gi-Oh's (I think). Also, Marcus/Gishin's voice didn't sound very evil D:

I was impressed with the animation, it was really good. I liked how Heatran could like, walk up walls and stuff, I thought that was cool. I also liked how Ash got a bit "physical" with Marcus, it's nice to see that rather than just sending Pikachu.

The only thing I thought was stupid about the plot was towards the end, how Marcus was kinda shocked and scared when a Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile and some Rattata came to attack him. Also, I didn't realise those devices attached to the pokemon actually controlled them, I thought they were just like, pet harnesses.

Overall, I think that this movie has been the best for a while, and possibly of all the Pokemon movies. Sure, there were some stupid parts that didn't really make sense, but pretty much all Pokemon movies have them, and the good parts definately outweigh the bad.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Just saw the movie and I say is the best movie of the trilogy in my opinion XP .

- Arceus voice was just IDK . It sounded better when he was not in rage
- I really liked Marcus voice . It was really good one .
- IDK why but every time I heard Damos voice it reminded me about Yami Yugi .
- Now I get why Arceus is the strongest XD , lol he defeated Dialga , Palkia and Giratina by himself XD.
- I really didn't like what they did to Heatran here :/ . Such a shame to waste of what he did there.

the animation was really well made . I was really impressed by it . And I was satisfied for what I saw from the movie . I didn't expected more . Lol seeing Palmer vs Cynthia in a PBR style arena and seeing Zero and Newton at the end was great to see XP. There were also some parts that I found amusing/funny . Like in the part where Pikachu , Piplup and that Pichu were setting Cyndaquil and Chikorita free and right after they saved them the scene changes to the Present were Jessie , James and Meowth are in the same place interacting with the same artifacts XD . And Jessie had the Jewel of Life in the present all this time and when she noticed this lol it dissapears to return to Arceus XD .

The movies is not the best one out there but still I can say that it can compete with the other movies on being one of the best pokemon movies made .

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!
I missed the Friday Night premiere in Australia, but watched it on Saturday, and it was awesome! It had such high quality graphics, amazing conflict in the plot and storyline, and so much tense action! I definitely recommend Americans watch it when it premieres!

Sparkleo

Low on power...
I managed to see this and thought it was good.

It's a real shame the Notch/Spiky-eared Pichu didn't play that much of a role from the teasers. It was just... there after helping Piplup and Pikachu.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
I must be in a minority, but I'm not too sure at least where the animation is concerned. Seeing all the many spoilerific clips released of the film, I don't think it will improve on what was done in the 11'th movie. Now that had great visuals.

black_webs

It was a great end to the diamond and pearl trilogy. I just really hated Arceus' voice. Most disappointing voice imo. It just didn't work when he was in rage or just his normal self.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
And by the way, TPCI and DuArt removed the instrumental of 'Kokoro no Antenna' at the beginning. Why'd they have to do that? If they can use all this other music from the original, why do this and the a cappella of 'Spurt!' from movie 9 have to fall victim to copyright issues?

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
I really enjoyed watching this movie. The main problem I had with it were the voice actors; In parts, Arceus sounded like a really old man, which didn't really suit it (I know Arceus is old but still), and I hated Damos' voice, since it was the same as Yu-Gi-Oh's (I think). Also, Marcus/Gishin's voice didn't sound very evil D:

yeah, Damos was voice by the same person who voices Atem in Yu-Gi-Oh; Dan Green.
I'm pretty sure Marcus was voiced by Jason Griffith, as it sounded exactly like his Shadow the Hedgehog voice.

As far as Arceus's voice goes, it definately through me off, too. But I got used to it, and by the end I liked it.

Samochan

A very nice movie. :3 Arceus itself was cool and broken, though for the creator of universe to get mauled by a meteorite seems kinda farfetch'd to me. But I guess they needed to tone down Arceus a "bit".

I really disliked his VA though. Even when he's supposed to actually feel sorry for the people, he sounds so very condescending and the VA just amplifies that with the tone he used. x_x Made me want to throw a shoe at him. But Arceus' power show saved his performance, me thinks.

Ash has also apparently been hiding his super athlete powers from us =D

megaman12

Not Happy
This movie was the best!I seen it on youtube and its epic.But,the movie let me confused,arceus told ash that his world is truly amazing and that he is now part of this world but didnt arceus created it?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
It was a great end to the diamond and pearl trilogy. I just really hated Arceus' voice. Most disappointing voice imo. It just didn't work when he was in rage or just his normal self.

The movie is great. But the downside was Arceus voice. I was in the "WTF!?" state when I heard it. Overall, the movie is worth the watch.

ijea4444

I didn't like that the twins didn't get much screen time. And that the Johto starters felt like they were out of place. It looks like they were added there last minute just to promote HGSS and in no way incorporated into the plot. Samething with Gizamimi Pichu, I thought they would have bigger roles.

And Arcues's name with a hard C was a turn off. Same with it's voice.

I feel like I would like this much better in Japanese than here in the US.

Chimcharrulez97

For some reason I was only allowed to watch about a third of the movie on youtube. So far it's pretty good. I haven't see the spikey-eared pichu yet. When will it appear? For some reason I loved arceus's voice. It seems to fit it. Sheena's ability is a little weird. I don't really get it. I hope the rest of the movie is good.

Cerberus

One Love
Watched the entire thing on youtube, it was amazing, definitely the best of the trilogy, probably one of the best films out of the entire 12. The animation was beautiful, bit too much foregrounding of Pikachu and Piplup however.

1. Am I the only one that liked Arceus' voice? It was better than making it completely generic (deep, mysterious etc) he actually sounded scary, somewhat wise, and awesome imo, only helped by the fact he has some awesome lines. I also loved how Arceus was portrayed as some kind god, since it's said he created the world and gave life to Damos' land.

2. Goddam, Sheena's eyebrows are HUGE.

3. Brock actually had a role, saved a few people, and got involved.

4. Wish Ash would have used some of his other Pokemon, he released them at the beginning, then showed Damos Monferno, and that was it.

Apparently, the voice of Arceus was Tim Werenko, it was his first role (normally he's a producer at DuArt) good on him, he did an excellent job for someone who isn't a voice actor.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Watched the movie yesterday night. It was a good one & the opening song was also a good one.
The only thing that sort of felt odd to me in the movie was if the dubbers had used "Judgment" instead of "Justice", it would had been nice because it would have matched with its attack name as well.

Also isn't it a bit odd that the dubbed version of a new pokemon movie is out so early. Normally its out during the Jan-Feb-March of the next year after its release in japan.

Edit:-
At last, after more than 3 years of posting on this forum i have reached the 1000 Mark.
:)

Last edited: