• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Arecus was not the First pokemon it was MEW. Mew was introduce in 1995 as the first pokemon. Then in 2009 Game Freak said Arecus was the first, That doesn't make since, They have messed the story line.

Dude, all these Pokemon always existed.

The went back thousands of years in the past and there were Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in ancient times.

Pokemon aren't "discovered" in the anime, they were always there.

Wild Jolteon

Have at you!!!
I watch it mostly by luck i found it on *BLEEP* anyway this was one of my favorite Sinnoh movies I really like how they reference to the other movies in the beginning and in the credits i wonder why though could this be the last movie to take place in sinnoh!?! Right I'll stop before I get ahead of myself

KyleRhea

Avid Collector
I enjoyed the time travel idea, something new. I agree with everyone who said they didn't like Arceus' voice, strange choice, all in all however I liked it, although could've tied up a few more loose ends towards the end

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
This movie was SO THRILLING!

And to think of the injustice caused by Marcus for some reason...

Also, Arceus could have had a deeper voice and I thought its name was pronounced Ar-See-us instead of Ar-Kee-us!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This is a reminder to everyone that you are not allowed to post in movie(or episode) discussion threads until you have watched the movie or episode in question. I know you're all excited to see the movie soon, but posting in here about it just spams up the thread. And I quote:
*Unless you have seen the episode in question, or seen pictures of the episode or read the guide, don't comment in the respective thread, especially so soon. Don't ask for what happened either.
I've only handed out warnings so far, but if there's much more if this I'll skip straight to infractions.

I would also highly recommend not mentioning if you saw the movie on Youtube. Even if you're not asking for or linking to anything, watching movies (and episodes) via illegal sources is frowned upon here. We obviously cannot control where you see the episodes, but we CAN infract people for ignoring the announcement about episode downloads/streams.

As a third reminder, don't spam! If you don't have at least two sentences of content to post, it's probably spam. (although if you're answering someone's question or have one long, well thought out sentence(even that's pushing it a bit), it might pass as non-spam. But when in doubt, make your posts have more content, not less.)

Last edited:

chimzard

the movie was awesome,
i still believe the original movies occured after the timetravel because arceus was still attacking,so nothing in the present changed,only thing changed was arceus getting the jewel of life
i believe in the plate,thats brock,not marcus

Cobalt_Electrike

Lightning Creator
Did anyone notice that the boy with blue hair looked like Jake from Ape Escape 1?

(if you have played the game that is.)

R_N

Watching it now, it's quite nice.

Justice is such an odd change.
Also I can't take Arceus seriously. He sounds ridiculous to me.

Am I the only one unable to tell just what moves the dragons & Arceus were using? Like the thing with all the rings and purple and wind they use, or Palkia's pink beam thing

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Justice is such an odd change.
Also I can't take Arceus seriously. He sounds ridiculous to me.

Indeed, using "justice" is kinda strange, but I do think that it makes a little bit more sense overall, the way the sentences are phrased.

At first, I wasn't sure of Arceus' voice, but I don't mind it now, especially when he's calm. It's kind of an older voice.

But the voice that got me laughing was Damos. There's no doubt whose voicing him.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Well I just finished watching the movie and here is a list of the things I liked and hated about the movie

Things I liked:
-The animation and artwork were top notch.
-The Ash and Dawn double battle.
-Brock saying to Sheena "Fate would have you stroke me with that beautiful hand of yours" LOL :D He's now a borderline rapist.
-Cynthia vs Palmer. I only wish I could have seen that battle in full.
-Piplup trying to shake tails with Pichu and getting shocked in the process. Haha it just wanted to fit in.
-The Johto starters and Notch Eared Pichu making an appearence.

Things I hated:
-Arceus's Voice. *cringe*
-Team Rocket like always...

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This movie was awesome. It was cool to see Arceus and Heatran. I have to admit that this was one of the movies I can call my favorite. Also liked the way Arceus sounded. Whenever Team Rocket mention stealing a pokemon, I just find it typical of them. It really cracked me up to hear them attempt to steal such a powerful pokemon like Arceus. Only a couple things have me confused.

1) Marcus refers to pokemon as "magical creatures" which to me means he does not know what pokemon are, yet he temporarily commands a Heatran and Bronzong. He even refers to them by name. Does this mean he really does know?

2) I can never remember whether or not Heatran is a legenday pokemon. Is he?

Last edited:

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
Arecus was not the First pokemon it was MEW. Mew was introduce in 1995 as the first pokemon. Then in 2009 Game Freak said Arecus was the first, That doesn't make since, They have messed the story line.

*Facepalm* Wow. Do you think maybe that they decided to create a pokemon that was the "god pokemon" that created all other Pokemon, including Mew too? It doesn't mess up the storyline at all. Sure Gamefreak created Mew before Arceus, but Gamefreak can do whatever the hell they want and call Arceus the first pokemon because it is the god/creator pokemon. It makes perfect sense.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
1) Marcus refers to pokemon as "magical creatures" which to me means he does not know what pokemon are, yet he temporarily commands a Heatran and Bronzong. He even refers to them by name. Does this mean he really does know?

Not necessarily. Pokemon in the anime say their names so that's probably how people back in Marcus's day discovered what to call them. They probably hadn't come up with the name "Pokemon" to refer to them as a whole yet either so they just refereed to them as "magical creatures".

2) I can never remember whether or not Heatran is a legenday pokemon. Is he?

Yes it is.

Jigglypuff5000

Just watched it, thought it was ace on all accounts!

Didn't like how they sidestepped the Origin Myth and made Arceus a simple world-maker and not, like, the one who made their whole universe, though.

I guess it was done to avoid religious offence, but still it was unneeded.

Hope Ho-Oh gets its deserved shining film [and doesn't simply share it with Lugia, whose role should be more minor] come the 13th movie.

Last edited:
Thus does the movie end an exciting and remarkable trilogy. The film was absolutely fantastic (though the commercial breaks ruin it) and the folks who created the film sure took the time to create a decent one that would transcend through our hearts. Did anyone notice in the ending credits that Ash, Dawn and Brock are wearing their winter clothes? And also, the song to the ending credits was shown, but it wasn't heard due to the stinking block on the left with previews.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Okay, time for my review. *Takes deep breath and slowly releases*

I think that this was a really good movie. Not my favorite, but it's up there with the best of the Sinnoh trilogy.

I felt that this movie was quite good. I liked that the characters in the past didn't really look at Pokemon the same way as Ash and Co., what with calling them "magical creatures" and all. Not only that, but Marcus' fear that Michina would become a wasteland again actually was a good reason for his actions. Still doesn't excuse him from attacking the creator of the world, but still...

Damos was an interesting character. I got over my initial Yami Yugi shock and enjoyed him. It seems like this isn't his first time in trouble, seeing that the Spike Ear Pichu knows where the key is. Speaking of her, the Pichu really didn't play that big of a role. Not that I minded, since there was already enough going on as it was.

The movie seems to put together what happened in the previous two quite well, especially having Giratina recognize Ash from before. The only thing that I really have against this movie is that it really seemed to resolve the three dragons conflict a little bit too fast. I would've liked to have it been drawn on until Arceus' appearance, then having them realize what really happened.

This movie's setting is a little more personal to me than any other the others going into it. I had actually visited the places that the animators visited to study. I must say that Michina did reflect Meteora (the place in Greece that most of the setting is based) quite well. It's too bad we didn't see much of the town; I would've liked to have seen how they translated Kalambaka. The ruins remind more of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, but they seemed to mix pretty well (I don't think Greek Orthodox monestaries would've worked for a movie like this).

As well, there was quite a bit of CGI in this movie. However, it seemed to translate quite well into the setting. The fields of crops felt much more alive thanks to the CGI. The meteor's effects were quite good, too.

The music score was quite good in my...er, ears. I liked the piece especially that played when Damos was retrieving Arceus' plate, perfect for the "resurrection." The pieces used during the fights was quite good as well. Overall, I rate it just above the Darkrai soundtrack (despite not having that powerful "Oracion" piece that stood out from the rest).

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it later. But for now, I need a break... *Collapses from exhaustion*

halloweenghost

Great movie best one in awile. I've not teared up watching a pokemon movie since lucario and the mystery of mew... not sure why but the part at the end of the stone about the future children got me. Damn I love pokemon,

Loved Arceus's voice,..especially his normal calm voice. guess i was the only one who liked it..

Was not happy it was not aired in widescreen though, but I can deal.

Liked seeing Heatran..even thoguh he did not do much but still cool nonetheless

Hated that as always the ending scenes get smooshed off to the side.. least we could still see it though.

Last edited:

Lightey

Did anyone notice that Cartoon Network sped up the opening? if you listen to the Australian version, you can see that the beat on this is much faster.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Did anyone notice that Cartoon Network sped up the opening? if you listen to the Australian version, you can see that the beat on this is much faster.

It's a technique they use to fit the movie into the time period (and get in more commercials). They do often during the opening sequences, as well as the endings. It also seems like they might've sped up the sequence with Arceus reflecting back and seeing Ash. It could've been that speed to begin with, but I didn't see the version that aired in Australia.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
I liked the movie a lot. Animation and music is what really impressed me, but the storyline was also good.

A few things that annoyed me were:
Arceus's voice and the fact that he referred to Judgment as "justice"
Silver was called silver water
The ending credits were sped up so I couldn't hear the ending song

I was a bit surprised to hear Yami Yugi/Grovyle/Damos in the movie, since Dan Green is an awesome VA. I was also surprised when Ash said "die". Never did I think PUSA would use that word.