• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

that movie was great the only thing I did not like was arceus voice

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great movie.
Arceus didn't show too much, too bad.
But i loved to see a human friend with it

CliveKoopa

I watched this on YouTube last night and I thought it was quite good. I always had the impression that the deity Pokemon, Arceus, Dialga and Palkia were unbeatable and probably even unseeable. The scene where Arceus nearly died puzzled me a little as Ash, Dawn, Brock and Sheena started to dissapear but Damos and Marcus were untouched. I thought that if Arceus was to die, wouldn't that mean the end of the universe.
I thought Arceus was all-knowing too and therefore wouldn't needed to ask who Ash and Sheena were. As the creator, I would have thought he would have already known every human and every pokemon.

ForeverFlame

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? CAN IT BE? YOU FOOL! You have betrayed me, and are TRYING TO DESTROY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot take the dub of this movie seriously at all. I'm watching it right now, and I'm constantly laughing at scenes that I doubt were intended to be funny...

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I really enjoyed this movie, my favorite of the 4th Gen. The animation was great and so were the battles. The one at the very beginning was good with Ash & Dawn vs. those little kids, Piplup and Pikachu had great teamwork. I also like the fact that the 3 Johto starters made an appearance along with the Notched Ear Pichu. The only thing I didn't like was Arceus's voice, it was really annoying. But overall this was a great movie and I plan to watch it again.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I was seriously blown away when I saw this movie. I haven't enjoyed any of the 4th Gen-based movies so much, but the storyline in this one just amazed me. Battles were intense and enjoyable. I loved hearing Yami Yugi's voice again [Damos], but Arceus's voice bothered me. You'd think the creator of the Pokemon universe would have a deeper, more Yami Yugi-like voice. Heheh.

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
Any word on the English DVD release of this? I thought it was already out since they usually do the TRU event along side the DVD movie release. Even the official site just sends you to the old Darkrai page when you try to get to this movie's page!

katfairy

Pity they couldn't have gotten Patrick Stewart for Arceus.

rune the 1st

Whatever...
This is the biggest disappointment of my Pokemon-related life.
I was expecting the most amazing thing ever, but what I got was Arceus relying on the main characters, rather than the characters relying on Arceus. Arceus was belittled to basically a damsel in distress. Arceus's voice was horrible. I couldn't even get past that. I mean, I haven't exactly been "OMFG THAT"S THE MOST AWESOME MOVIE" to the rest of the Pokemon movies, but this movie was just a disappointment. The only redeeming quality about this movie was the animation. The battle scenes were okay, and I wasn't exactly expecting a big battle scene at the end for Pokemon, but I was expecting something. Instead, it's just a simple "oh, hai, remember me? I saved your life. You can stop your attack now." They also wasted a perfectly good plot that comes in with Arceus's Pokedex data and Sinjoh Falls. They treated Arceus more like a regular legendary rather than the creator of Pokemon (the movie did, I mean).

This movie is just abyssimal to me. My score might be based more on missed expectations, but I just can't take this movie right now. 1/5

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Just got this movie for my birthday and finished watching it. To be honest Arceus's voice bothered me at the beginning too, it just wasn't the kind of voice I thought it would have, Mewtwo had a better voice in the first movie, Lucario had a better voice.

But it was an interesting, but a little bit confused movie. I thought there might have been more of the group's Pokemon but only Piplup and Pikachu did anything, you think Monferno would have been used against Bronzong for starters.

Did Dialga die before time changed? It looked like it did, I actually thought Arceus was going to die but I think the only one who might have actually died in the movie was Marcus? (Come to think of it it reminds me of the way Hunter J went down, I guess that's how they truly show them dying), and obviously Damos, Pichu and most of the other Pokemon probably died later on since I am betting it was thousands of years ago. Interesting that around that time they didn't seem to know what they were.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
My favorite movie!!! Love the plot, the morals and the BG music!! Arceus is one awesome Pokemon, at first I didn't like it but I love it right after I watched the movie. Arceus's voice didn't bothered me one bit, I think it fits it but it'd be better if it was deeper, you should've heard its voice in the full raw movie, I think it was more awful than the Dub. Honestly, this is the only movie where I liked the Dub more than the Raw.

Last edited:

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
I haven't seen the whole thing, so I can't say much, but it is a pretty good movie. I didn't like how they said Arceus, though :( ..... And his voice was weird.... But, again, I haven't seen all of it.

Shadow XD001

I haven't seen the Movie in awhile, but I recorded it (along with Movies 10c & 11) during the Pokemon Marathon the day Season 13 aired in US.

Anyway, this movie was great, probably the best out of the current 12. I thought Arceus's voice was kind of weird and he sounded better before he was in rage. Having the three Johto Starters air was great because this was before HGSS came out in the US so it was great to promote the games. The beginning battle between Ash, Dawn, & the twins (assuming they are twins) was great, and so was the extended version of Season 12's Theme Song.

The battle between Arceus against Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina was quite funny how Arceus made those three seem like Bidoofs! In their respective movies, they were the cream of the crop, and this just proves Arceus is the god of all Pokemon. The silver water almost killed Arceus, though.

Funny that TR was in the same room that Pikachu, Piplup, the three Johto Starters, and the Notched Eared Pichu (a nice addition, by the way), although Pikachu and Co. were in the past!

Overall, a great movie.

marty

{VR}Trojan
Watched the movie and yeah it was ok but never thought arceus would sound like that. and also wouldn't it be great if arceus voice and damos voice exchange together? XD. How come they didn't use their special skills like palkia's spacial rend or roar of time to hit arceus?

i just watched the movie

it was one of the better movies but arceus voice was terrible

repoman

Like a lot of other people have said, the fact that Arceus sounds like a crotchety old man just made his awesome factor drop quite a bit, and I swear if I hear the phrase, "You will all be brought to justice!" one more time...

ArceusAlpha493

Benevolent Creator
Music in one situation

Don't you think the song, Midna's Lament would be perfect for when Damos was getting one of Arceus' life plates and returning it.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Watched it again just now, my points stand.

+ Animation continues to impress.
+ Arceus' not being an entirely generic angry god was great.
+ Arceus' voice not being that of a generic god was nice.

Honestly, am I the only one who found the scenario fantastic? Arceus, one of the most powerful things in existence, gives his life force for a human tribe because of gratitude? What greater testament to the series philsophy of respect and friendship is there? And that last line, was "Ash... your world is a marvelous place?" To hear that from the mouth of the creator is amazing.

- Freaking anime repetition- "The Jewel of Life?" "Yes" "Arceus, is that a Pokemon?" "Yes"... It's normally not much of a problem in these movies, but here, uggggggggh.
- I can't say I'm down with "Hi, please stop your attack." either.

But seriously, there really was no scenario befitting of the God of Pokemon. What are Gods, fictional and otherwise, know for doing, anyway? Judging and healing. Arceus did both. So...

Last edited: