• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus & The Jewel of Life! (M12)

Gritree

Lieutenant
Guys i ask you now from what i can gather from the movie i only saw it when it was shown in australia but dosent it go dialga falls then giratina and finally palkia or giratina and palkia at the same time.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
Does anyone know exactly WHEN is this coming out on DVD?? It's been a year since the TV release, and the new year is almost over already in two months.

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, so I finally got my hands on the DVD release of this movie. Had to go through Amazon to get it, as my local Wal-Mart didn't have it.

So, when I did get it, I noticed something; it seems Viz went back to distributing the movies. Why does this matter? Movies 8, 9, and 10 were all Viz... until 11 which was in fact Universal. So, my guess is, that the reason it took so long was because TPCI was trying to the distributing rights back to Viz, or something like that, and it took a little over a year to get it to happen.

I'm hoping this means we'll get compensation and have movie 13 released this year sometime as well. I'd be happy with a Summer release, mind you.

/CL

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I too got my DVD copy of this (as of today) also through Amazon, although I couldn't get it anywhere else since I'm in UK. Anway just finished watching it and its great to have it in my collection! Next Pokemon Galactic Battles and Sinnoh League Victors along with Movie 13!

G50

No longer posting
This movie is tied for my #1 fav. movie. It was great having my favorite Pokemon Arceus featured in it. It was great to have Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga back in this movie. It was cool how they showed how the Plates work for Arceus to keep changing its type. It was cool that Giratina remembered Ash. It was cool to see a Heatran in this movie. It was cool how Ash and the gang went back in time to fix the problems and save Arceus from the surprising bad guy (not really surprising).

99/100

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
This movie was a little confusing but the best ever!!! Although I didn't think Arceus would speak in the tone of voice he did talk in!

This movie gets 10/10 from me!!

Plus the music at the begining was awesome (when Ash and Dawn battle in a tag battle).
It was good to hear how the galactic battles music sounded like after a while. (I love the Galactic battles tune)

Last edited:

Arceusgamer14

Loved the movie!

PROS
Arceus was awesome as a Antagonist of the Present before Ash went back in time to fix his anger
Ash and friends going back in time
Ash and friends nearly died from Time Paradox it was so dramatic
Awesome Movie soundtrack
pretty good story
nice japanese ending song

CONS
The ear bleeding music after the title screen played in the dub before Ash & Co went swimming (What the hell TPIC)
The battle of the gods should of extended!
I think "Judgment" would of made more sense instead of "Justice" in the dub.

Overall: 8/10

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
What bothered me was that Arceus was portrayed quite weak. I mean, he got damaged by Pikachu's thunderbolt! And you'd think the most powerful pokemon ever would be able to break through silver water(that concrete-like thing). Heck, even a Machoke could've got out of that one. Oh and that guy with Sheena, did absolutely nothing throughout the movie.

But overall, i liked the movie, and the three movies being connected was great!

Last edited:

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
I loved it!!!!! The only bad thing about the movie was Arceus voice. When I heard it, I was like 0.o

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Out of all the Pokemon villains Marcus seemed to have a good point, by destroying Arceus none of the events of the previous movies would have ever happend. I think that would have changed the future for the better.

CliveKoopa

If Arceus was destroyed, shouldn't Marcus have been destroyed also and indeed the entire pokemon world? How would killing Arceus made the world a better place, Marbi-Z? It would have destroyed it. Arceus is essentially God in the pokemon world and destroying it would basically destroy all matter in the pokemon universe.

I also agree with Overheat about Arceus being portrayed as weak. As the Alpha Pokemon, he should be much stronger than even Mewtwo and know everything such as that in the present about not all humans being bad, etc.

Last edited:

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
If Arceus was destroyed, shouldn't Marcus have been destroyed also and indeed the entire pokemon world? How would killing Arceus made the world a better place, Marbi-Z? It would have destroyed it. Arceus is essentially God in the pokemon world and destroying it would basically destroy all matter in the pokemon universe.

No, it wouldn't.

Yet another of the countless cases of people giving attributes to Arceus he doesn't have. He's a watchmaker, creator god, not the life force of the universe. Can you give me a game-related line of dialogue or a pokedex entry saying otherwise?

As for being weak...? He trolled the three dragons, takes the crown of being the first Pokemon confirmed to be able to level small towns in a single attack, and woke to take revenge after being numbed to death by scores of ice beams and buried under concrete. I'd say they made him simply damageable.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
This is my 2nd favourite movie for one reason: it had a great storyline

Although i found it really sad when pikachu died for a short moment
and piplup hugging dawn was adorable

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This is my 2nd favourite movie for one reason: it had a great storyline

Although i found it really sad when pikachu died for a short moment
and piplup hugging dawn was adorable

Its joint Second for me, this and movie 13 are my Second Favourite movies of the series, followed by movie 12, then 10. First goes to the 1st movie though. But yeah, this movie was awesome, from the Ash and Dawn double battle, to the Credits! Twas great.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think Cartoon Network should air this every year during Easter weekend. It basically has a version of God as a main character, just like in The Ten Commandments which airs on ABC every year on Easter weekend.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This movie is tied for my #1 fav. movie. It was great having my favorite Pokemon Arceus featured in it. It was great to have Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga back in this movie. It was cool how they showed how the Plates work for Arceus to keep changing its type. It was cool that Giratina remembered Ash. It was cool to see a Heatran in this movie. It was cool how Ash and the gang went back in time to fix the problems and save Arceus from the surprising bad guy (not really surprising).

99/100

I found it not to be that good actually, but its more a personal thing as I didn't really like the DP-Trilogy.

I don't know why, but I do guess that it was a good ending to the trilogy, but I still found the characters to be uninteresting to be quite honest. Marcus was one of the most boring and badly designed 'villains' I've ever seen, and I didn't like the timetravelling at all...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
After watching this movie in Japanese and late at night...I've gained a sort of respect for it that I didn't have before.

I used to be terribly annoyied at the completely unexplained time-travel, or at least, it made no sense how it came out.

Now however, I realize it DID make sense...its just kinda stupid. None the less, a stupid reason is better then no reason.

(Appearantly, in the pokemon world, if you change history, it takes it like... a while to relaspe on itself. Yeah. At first I was VERY pissed at the fact that Ash had to call to Arcues before everything reset, I thought it contradicted everything...but no, no it didn't contradict anything in story. That's appearantly how time works in this world. XD

You have to give the world a second to respond...XD;
While its obviously just there for added drama, its not that bad.

And the ending was beautiful. :3...(It's a Beautiful world would of fit so much better here then in Giritina and the sky warrior.) D:<

See? Arcues isn't a god, just a really powerful pokemon. He created this place that he thought he had control over...but in atcually he's just a part of it himself. Kind of a sweet character developement, albeit a little under developed...But sweet and nice nonetheless.

But most Importantly they answered a question (Or I at least think they did. xD) thats been poking at us if you count the anime as canon -3-...

Not my favorite movie, but Arcues's fights with the dragons were pretty darn epic (I lol'd at the only thing they were able to do to stop arcues was have Palkia abuse a "non" move. XD), The developement was kinda cool, and the legends overall were the highlight of the Movie.