• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus The One Called a God: A Fierce Fight on Mt. Coronet!!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's funny how far this anime has come with the lack of interactions that people get excited for breadcrumbs XD (Cinderace and Inteleon)
No, seriously, this is absolutely sad. And it doesn't help this came after SM with an excessive amount of interactions.

Unless you were one of Kukui's Pokemon, and yet his standard is sadly Journeys' standard, which is abhorrent.
The fact that it's taken 20 something episodes for two Pokemon on the same team to even so much as Glance in each other's direction is one of the most saddest things I've ever seen

Why can't we have more interactions between Pokemon in this series?

There's so much potential.

And usually whenever we actually DO see the Pokémon in Journeys interact, we get Gold moments like this!

I mean seriously!

They showed the usually Suave Inteleon, being Flustered and Nervous by another Pokemon admiring it! That is definitely not something that I'd ever expect to see!
Like this means that some of Sobble and Drizzile's traits are still lingering in there! Like who would've thought?

God I really wish this Special wasn't locked behind Amazon Prime because holy sh!t We needed more moments like this in the Anime!

Ash's Team REALLY needs these kinds of interactions as well!!!

Like I said before Let these Pokemon have depth!

Heck I honestly have this theory that the writers believe that having the fully evolved Pokemon showing any kinds of emotions beyond battle bots will make them lose their "Mature Badass" factor. Look at what happened to Lucario and Greninja.

But honestly they don't realize how much more interesting that makes these Pokemon when they show their silly, akward, or unconventional traits.

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I really wish they would return companions in special episodes like the Arceus ones, instead of the main series. The Arceus episodes were epic. Some of the best episodes of Journeys. All the DP nostalgia was so on point. And Brock got another team change while Dawn got nothing. This episode in particular was well written. The only thing that annoys me is that Dawn still has NO team change.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I really wish they would return companions in special episodes like the Arceus ones, instead of the main series. The Arceus episodes were epic. Some of the best episodes of Journeys. All the DP nostalgia was so on point. And Brock got another team change while Dawn got nothing. This episode in particular was well written. The only thing that annoys me is that Dawn still has NO team change.
I like how this positive review likes to dip into Dawn not getting anything and then back to lauding before going back to Dawn not getting anything.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
So all that buildup and everything just fizzled out, huh? At least the new universe is still around somewhere, which means Cyrus is probably still alive. Which means I was right all along! Just wish he hadn't been written out in the most OOC way they could muster, so I was hoping these episodes could have done something to remedy that but instead he doesn't even show up. I guess being a god himself he's got better things to do.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Saturn needs to stop simping over a man who wants to unmake his existence. So do the other commanders for that matter. Especially since by this point they would know full well that if Cyrus's plan had went off the way he initially planned it, they all would have died.

Charon probably told them that and that's why he wasn't invited to this episode despite summoning Heatran being fully within his wheelhouse.

...seriously, we gonna see him again at all? He wasn't arrested with the others so I kept expecting him to show up during the Stark Mountain plot but nope. And it's not like the series forgot him because Choy in Legends is very clearly his ancestor.

vondecayle

I’m glad we got to see Brock showing off those battle skills!

Brocks pokemon staying to help Cynthia was just a plot device to prevent us from seeing more of her team.

The music when arceus appeared is so good!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Finally watched it all dubbed. Man what a treat as a Sinnoh anime fan this was, I felt like I was sent back to my teenage days watching my favourites again.

I know lots of people don’t think much of the DP trio as a group, but I absolutely love them. I especially liked Dawn telling Brock to be careful, and her acknowledging how she hadn’t seen Croagunk in a while. Just small interactions like that mean a lot to me.

I’m over Dawn not having team changes, in this special it just felt like a real nostalgia blast and each of the trio remained true to the character that they were.

Was nice having no Team rocket interference too, and instead having Galactic be the solo antagonists.

Heatran getting some time to shine was nice too, he’s one of the lesser shown legendaries so that was good.

I’ve missed this anime for a long time, I don’t watch it properly anymore, for me it’s not the same standard it used to be, but these episodes made me feel like I was back in the bliss of the DP era.