• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus, The One Called a God: Ash and Goh! To the Sinnoh Fes They Go!!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So I just watched these episodes and this exceeded my expectations in the best ways possible
Firstly can we talk about the return of the most important character showing incredible continuity? Im talking of course of THE MAGIKARP SALESMAN MAN
Who would have thought he'll return :p Like they even made sure hes noticeable and not just a blink and you miss it! Im so glad, Gary, Biff and Cassidy, Brock, Bulbasaur, Muk, Tauros, Magikarp salesman all used to be a connective tissue of continuity till DP, many of whom didnt return after DP, so seeing them again in JN is amazing and truly feels like the continuity issues with BW XY and SM atleast for me arent present in JN

Speaking of continuity,
The Oshawott Piplup reference was cute as hell!! What with them being rivals and then hugging each other, I really appreciate that nod to BW. Secondly, Ash catching Rowlet and the way it was perched on his head is definitely a reference to alola lol, that was a cute moment.
I really appreciate how natural all the returns felt with Dawn, Cynthia and Brock in second episode. The writing is really good so far
Cynthia looks so good in that outfit, best waifu ever <3

Its a really good starting episode and is paced well, weird how this didnt feel like a 15 min episode while actual 20 min ep of the anime feel like 5 min, amazing pacing and storytelling
More indepth stuff in second episode thread, esp all the TG and DP fanboy stuff!

Just wanna say I appreciate the PT plot of TG catching Heatran being adapted in a way!
Also the LA teases and hype were perfect, old regional variants, Jubilife village, three starters and old pokeballs. Perfect way to hype up LA, tease it and deliver a fulfilling fan service arc calling back to the DP days and focusing ultimately on Arceus
I can buy the rest of the festival, but I think the catching game with the balls somehow being available in present day felt a little too convenient, and unnecessary, curious if Ash or Dawn mention having previously owned those starters

Galaxy Goobers not in jail and still have a big out in the open HQ, another wonderful job by the Pokemon police force, but I'm curious if there's any line about them being let out for good behavior
How is it too convenient? If they can make it in the past they can definitely make it in the present lol, retro stuff exists
In the second episode its mentioned they were jailed and i think its implied they escaped.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
? I literally said Tanaka and Nishimura reprised their roles.
When I saw it earlier today Mars and Jupiter sounded almost completely the same to me. I don't know if that was the case back in DP, but it sounded that way here.

I was just surprised, that's all.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I really really hope we get a team change for Dawn. Maybe Quilava can evolve into Hisuian Typhlosion? She needs a change. The episodes seemed epic. What should we expect from the next two ones?

Be warned, I am going to rant hard especially about the art style while watching this special

Alright, just watched the first part. I'm going to list positives and negatives:
Positives:
Shading for the backgrounds was stellar.
Intro reminded me of the Pokémon movies.
BGM. Hearing By Your Side, Route 201, and especially the World of Pokemon (one of my favorite OSTs) was awesome
MAGIKARP SALESMAN RETURNS!!!!!!
Cynthia's costume
Piplup and Oshawott fueding reminded me of Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott fighting in BW
Goh being the buttmonkey instead of Ash for once
Pikachu's imitations, now only XY has had no imitations iirc

Negatives:
Hisui Pokémon barely being shown (in fairness this was probably made before they revealed most of the Pokémon)
Shading and art style of Ash, Dawn, and Goh looked rough

Overall a meh episode.

KukuiFanatic501

Could someone here please tell me where you were able to watch the episodes? I’ve been looking and looking but can’t find a place anywhere online.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Saturn used his head when he used a Dusk Ball in a cave and made me wish Go would use Quick Balls instead of the regular Pokeballs when he tries to catch Pokemon without battling them.
But why does Saturn have a voice actress instead of voice actor? the voice of woman doesnt fit him at all.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
The starters they caught, were they released or did Ash, Dawn and Goh keep them?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
And why is that only a bunch of kids investigate every major catastrophe once again? Cynthia was right there ffs.
You seem to believe that Cynthia ever *does* things when the games indicate otherwise.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They did contact Cynthia though
For those saying Cynthia was two feet behind them.....did you watch the episode lol? After they come back from investigating the incident the trio are in a different place when they meet Brock