• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Arceus The One Called a God: Radiance of a Miracle! The Sinnoh Legend!

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I wonder if we ever get an answer concerning Dawn's biggest mystery.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Um could there be more Amazon episodes cuz this was the best journey's has been in a long ass time. Also I love how they actually had events in them so it wasn't just a one off random episode which could be skipped and nothing is missed. Brock was great here, his pokemon evolved, got new moves and he was shown to be a beast :). Honestly the only surprising thing here was that I totally expected Brock to mega evolve Steelix since he took his shirt off but it never happened which was weird.

I hope he comes back more often, I would even love for him to region permanently, he's just so awesome <3!!!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
I have to say, the specials were rather enjoyable. I wasn't expecting to see the Magikarp Salesman, but I'm not going to complain.. I did enjoy the nods to previous series within the first episode, ie Oshawott and Piplup displaying animosity as a nod to Best Wishes and Rowlet resting on Ash's head as a nod to Sun & Moon. Seeing Saturn heading to Stark Mountain to capture Heatran I felt was a partial nod to the events of Platinum where Charon wanted to acquire Heatran inside Stark Mountain, and in that regard it's nice to see Platinum get some kind of love, in any case I do think it was smart of Saturn to lob a Dusk Ball at Heatran as that has the best chance of capturing the pokemon. As-is on brand with me, there were things I failed to notice, like Saturn's Dusk Ball melting when Heatran went berserk, nor did I count how many life plates were surrounding Arceus in the fourth episode, but when I saw a later screenshot, I saw that it had added two extra life plates to reflect the Pixie Plate and the Legend Plate as those didn't exist in Gen 4. During the third part, when Brock relays Cynthia's idea to collapse the ground, my immediate thoughts were "Ah, this would be right up Team Rocket's alley, digging a pitfall." but the idea itself in general made sense to buy some time. All in all, I felt that these specials felt like they'd have fit in to the DP series, there were proper stakes, everyone was made use of and Arceus wasn't just a silver bullet solution to the problem, it assisted when it was necessary to do so. Also it was a good way to showcase elements of Legends Arceus in a non-spoilery way. One thing that baffled me though was Team Galactic itself. Considering Mars, Jupiter and Saturn were arrested in DP152, essentially dismantling Team Galactic, I'd like to know how they were released, I'd like to imagine Officer Jenny couldn't keep them in custody forever (considering Cyrus is off world) and thus let them go after a certain period of time.
At least Goh didn't add any new 'mons to the Sakuragi Institute roster, though I felt that the writers thought it'd be best not to give him new captures as these were Amazon Prime specials.

vondecayle

For a moment there I thought team galactic was dead Hunter J style, but then they appeared in parachutes. So Arceus heard what Team Galactic was saying about their leader, but chose to ignore them. Interesting.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I loved these episodes!! Just watched them today after realizing I hadn’t watched them when looking up Cynthia on bulbapedia lol.

I love Brock’s Pokémon team, I think he is my favourite trainer Pokémon wise. His blissed is bad ass, his croagunk has always been a fav of mine and steelix is crazy cool as always. It was nice that we at least got to see mamoswine from dawns team but honestly piplup and mamo were enough because piplup delivered during the whole four episodes quite well between flirting with intelleon and battling oshawott.

I also am super wanting to play legends now again so I’m glad I watched this afterwards to get me back into it.

Also I guess we almost know Cynthia’s full team now with just one more Pokémon to be known.

Starswirl Pikachu

Dawn, Brock and Cynthia, good to see some familiar faces. Some leftover goons from Team Galactic are up to no good and seemed to almost be successful but not quite. I thought the whole affair was fine overall although I still wonder about those ancient pokeballs. Capture devices made out of wood? I cant say if that is more grounded in science or magic. How does that work?