• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

arceus

tha mewlova

i think there have been loads of these threads already, but i dont see the point of arceus! i mean, jes got 120 base in every stat, that would be great, cause then he would be almost unbeatable if it you would max it all out! werent it that theres ev's and stuff which doesnt allow you to actually do so.. so for example, let us take arceus as a physical sweeper, you would give him a jolly nature and ev's in speed and attack.

so he would have 372 speed and 339 atack. now, we take a weavile, which is trained in exactly the same way. his stats would look like this: speed: 383 and Attack: 339

who would you choose ? besides that, arceus doesnt even have a dual type, which means no 2 types to have stab at and , mostly, more weaknesses, though weaknesses isnt really a problem.

the real point of this whole story is that arceus could be replaced for almost everything! for a wall, blissey would be better, as a tank, dusknoir would own him etc. etc. etc.
he shouldnt even be considdered uber!

o know im gonna get a load of posts about my comparison, but please dont look at that, because of course weavile would be more fragile and stuff. just focus on the conclusion i made

Kecleon King

Enterprise Captain
I love my Arceus

tha mewlova

sure, but still theres no point in him! a god pokemon should be really good and have more then 120 in a base stat, so that at least there wouldnt be loads of pokemon who are better then him

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
sure, but still theres no point in him! a god pokemon should be really good and have more then 120 in a base stat, so that at least there wouldnt be loads of pokemon who are better then him

Somehow I can imagine this exact same topic existing if Areceus had 999 for every stat.

"What's the point of Areceus it's so overpowered and pointless! It could have been so much better but Nintendo went and made a god pokemon god like and so it got banned everwhere!"

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
I think he'd have had more of an impact if nintendo had someone managed to keep him secret (eg unable to be hacked). That way people would have to earn him the honest way and he'd have become more than just the llama god who's overused by noobs.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I think Arceus is cool. Cause it can change types, and for Judgment.

I think it's kinda dumb the creator of the universe can't talk. I would expect it to say something like "I've been waiting for you" instead of "Dodogyuuuun" when you reach the Hall of Origin.

Personally, I'd have saved Arceus for the final generation, cause what's stronger that the creator of the universe?

I'm glad they didn't give it impossible stats, cause if they did, everyone would use it because it'd be impossible to win without one.

i think Arceus is pointless.... i think most of the legends are pointless... But a pokemon creating the world, then it have too be a lot of Christian Arceus believer and that starts making wars again... i know this is a game, but :s still, god pokemon bad idea....
And expesially if the pokemon made me think, What stantler got an evo??? :eek: when i first saw him...

And expesially if the pokemon made me think, What stantler got an evo??? :eek: when i first saw him...

LOL!!!
Anyway, Arcues was teh BIG MISTAKE.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I think Arceus is cool. Cause it can change types, and for Judgment.

I think it's kinda dumb the creator of the universe can't talk. I would expect it to say something like "I've been waiting for you" instead of "Dodogyuuuun" when you reach the Hall of Origin.

Personally, I'd have saved Arceus for the final generation, cause what's stronger that the creator of the universe?

I'm glad they didn't give it impossible stats, cause if they did, everyone would use it because it'd be impossible to win without one.

He's not the god of the universe, hes only the god of all pokemon and he, himself is a servant compared to Gamefreak who created him;)

I agree with mewlova, everything's better than Arceus in some way....

tha mewlova

yeah, i thought he looked like stantler too! oh anf about that 999 stat thing, thats just exxagurated, but what about this, he would have 150 base in every stat but as mentioned before, he wouldnt be hackable, and there would only be 2 or 3 events where you could obtain arceus for a limited time.

THAT would make him sound interesting

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
He's not the god of the universe, hes only the god of all pokemon and he, himself is a servant compared to Gamefreak who created him;)

I agree with mewlova, everything's better than Arceus in some way....

If you read The Original Story in the Canalave library, it says that Arceus, or the Original One, as its called in the book, was born from an egg before the universe had form. It created 2 beings from itself (Dialga and Palkia) and 3 living things (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf) from itself. They created matter and spirit, while the Original One went to sleep. Also, in its pokedex descrpition, it says Arceus was born before the universe even existed, and shaped it with its 1000 arms. Sounds like the creator of the universe to me.

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
If you read The Original Story in the Canalave library, it says that Arceus, or the Original One, as its called in the book, was born from an egg before the universe had form. It created 2 beings from itself (Dialga and Palkia) and 3 living things (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf) from itself. They created matter and spirit, while the Original One went to sleep. Also, in its pokedex descrpition, it says Arceus was born before the universe even existed, and shaped it with its 1000 arms. Sounds like the creator of the universe to me.

Its a stupid legend. Arceus is a overpowerful freak created by gamefreak