• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Archeops in the Modern World (698)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Off-Topic: Well after seeing DW art and the pokedex 3D of Boldore I kinda don't mind if it passes some times as Boldore, the thing looks pretty cool especially on pokedex 3D, I kinda though a 4 years old designed its ingame sprite.

Well we got 4 tournament episode that Palpitoad can appear, I hope it is in 1 or 2.

She should be the princess in the Zorua episode haha, or the frog, Zorua transforms into it, its kissed and transforms into Zorua princess, Oshawott should be the knight for this scenario to happen.

I'm obviously joking but I still don't get why they made a pokemon the princess and a human the knight.

So, just saw the episode.

Team Rocket was hacking the information from the Laboratory on how to resurrect ancient Pokemon for Prof. Seger. At the end of the episode Seger talks about how the information they gained; the dream energy and the resurrection information can be efficient to them.

Could it mean that Seger creates Genesect?
I was reading the bio on Genesect, and it is also an ancient Pokemon due to the fact that it existed over 300 million years ago.

This is what the bio says: Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.

I'm liking this season a lot.
Pokemon has made a real turn around in my opinion.
I'm even loving all the "fillers," as you guys say.

Last edited:

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
There you go, Tranquill fans. Tranquill got a whole lot of screen time.

AAAAAND - Ash obviously hasn't been neglecting her, or else she wouldn't have landed on top of his head smiling.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Team Rocket was hacking the information from the Laboratory on how to resurrect ancient Pokemon for Prof. Seger. At the end of the episode Seger talks about how the information they gained; the dream energy and the resurrection information can be efficient to them.

Thank God, every time Prof. Seger shows up I worry that he's going to tell TR how they failed all of their jobs or how incompitent they are

Also, does anyone know why had this expression at the beginning of the episode? http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/038/005.jpg

So...is a new plot being developed for TR?

Also I'm kinda annoyed how Zager has been taking Giovanni's place. I hope they explain that

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
There you go, Tranquill fans. Tranquill got a whole lot of screen time.

AAAAAND - Ash obviously hasn't been neglecting her, or else she wouldn't have landed on top of his head smiling.

That or she's just so happy to actually be in the team again. Although what really surprised me is that Ash actually rotated someone else and while we'll probably never know who, I'm hoping it was Scraggy since it's just been taking up space, not being a staple like Pikachu and the starters yet getting no development since it hached.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Aaken and Archeos for the 1st time. Aaken looks much cooler than Archeos to me. It was funny to see Aaken use... I think it was Bite/Crunch? on Stunfisk, then it zapped her. It was cool to see how Aaken was able to make A berry tree with her favorite berries with her Screech. It's interesting how they had her be able to eventually fly in this episode. It was funny to see her Pecking everyone and keep falling while trying to fly. It was cool to see Munna and Musharna again. It was funny when Munna was imitating Fennel. Cilan with his new phrase for this episode - "It's sleeping time!". Emonga and her stubborness led to her using Volt Switch again to bring out Muggyo.

70/100

StingrayKurt

Cool episode but disappointed ash needs pokemon like archen/archeops not ordinary little pebble pokemon like roggenrola. How does he expect to be a pokemon master?! I would if even been happy if iris caught it I just want to see a cool fossil pokemon in the main line up!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
The best part of the episode (other than Tranquill being the focus) was Oshawott using Roggenrola as a headrest. CUTE!!!

God, I hope this doesn't mean I'm gay.

RickHoenn

Banned
Nice episode, Prof. Juniper and Fennel reappears and we finally see Tranquill and Roggenrola in the team at the same time, I wonder who was juniper'd... but the untouchable core team was modified oh and Team Rocket is probably going for a new mission, cool! :3

Archeops/Archen were ok, since somebody mention it Best Wishes only has 4 fillers so far BW29, 32, 33 & 38 (and BW38 was Cilan's development so its kinda debatable) I think the worst episode has been that Cottonee episode, I only saw it 1 time and it was really bad :O

gliscor&yanmega

I thought it was odd(But interesting) how they started the episode off. For a second I thought I might have missed a few seconds or something, but no it just started with Ash, Iris, and Cilan talking to Juniper and Fennel.

Cilan's time for the episode..."It's sleeping time"(Softly spoken). Awesome as always.

Team Rocket...I wish I knew what was being said throughout. It all seemed so interesting. Zager laughed evilly at the end...argh I need to know word for word what was said. He's been dealing with Jessie, James, and Meowth for a while now, something seems to be up. Woobat and Yamask, great as always to me.

Fennel and Juniper were nice here, I liked their excitement over Archen being revived.

I'm glad to see Stunfisk, it's scene was rather funny to me.

Archen was cool, as was Archeops. Although I'm finding all the evolutions that happen to not be as exciting as Sandile's was, I guess it may be a little bias and the fact it was the first one done in Best Wishes, plus their more of a change between Sandile and Krokorok compared to the others who have evolved but still I'd like another awesome evolution.

Roggenrola was here along with Tranquill, which means either a starter can be rotated now or Scraggy can, regardless we'll see more of Ash's other Pokemon I'd say. I kind of wish Palpitoad was there instead of Roggenrola though, just to see how it's doing, but I guess there may have been nothing much to show since Roggenrola and Oshawott didn't show much other then putting out the fire and resting with each other(Although it would have been interesting to see Palpitoad and Oshawott resting with each other). Tranquill didn't do much, but it did help Archen although it didn't seem to do much good but the thought is what counts.

Emolga seems like it still needs some work.

Iris didn't stand out much to me here. Not so much for Ash either.

Overall, the episode I find was nice. It had a nice feel to it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Awesome episode. We can say this was an awesome filler.

Best parts in my opinion.
~ "It's sleeping time!"
~ Tranquill finally getting used and staying out for the whole episode.
~ Both Tranquill and Roggenrola out meaning Ash rotated someone else out, betting it was Scraggy.
~ Emolga sending out Stunfisk, and Stunfisk and Archen just staring at each other until it got pecked. Reminds me of Scraggy and his Headbutting ways.
~ TR was good in this episode.
~ Oshawott's face when he came out and saw the burning vines.

Rudruma

This thing had fillerfillerfiller written all over it, but somehow I believe otherwise:

1. Both Tranquil AND Roggenrola? Totally awseome writers!

2. Nobody (especially Ash) caught the dang thing WOOP WOOP!

3.Archen/eops looks AMAZING in the Anime! Shame its ability sucks in the vg though......

Now if it had of been caught I believe it would have gone with Iris as I dont 'see it' with Ash or Cilan however, its justification for being on the team would be that it cant fly. We only just fixed one messed up pokemon (ExCOOLdrill) and we dont need another :p besides it wuld have learnt less than ten episodes later which would have made it a filler pokemon ala Dwebble and besides, the coming of age role has already gone to Oshawott/Scraggy so.....

thunderblade12

Archen would have been perfect with Ash. Even Archops could have been like Gliscor 2.0. Oh well, I hope the info Team Rocket gathered from the lab about resurrecting pokemon leads to something.

Speaking of Team Rocket, the idea that they're resurrecting Genosect sounds likely. They can experiment with some Tirtouga and Archen before going for the real thing though.

Ash can rotate more than one pokemon, hopefully now people won't say he's catching too many. Roggenrola is getting tons of screentime.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Today we are...thrown into Ash & Co admiring a fossil held by Juniper with no explaination whatsoever! Exciting!
-Apparently Lenora found the fossil. Continuity!
-...Iris isn't impressed about something, to the point where everyone else has a comedic overreaction to it(including making Junpier almost drop the fossil). Oh Iris.
-Juniper shows them a picture of Archen, and...Iris brings up Pidove for some reason. Is Archen supposed to be the evolutionary(as in REAL evolution!) ancestor of Pidove or something?
-Oh hey, Fennel's there too. I think the writers kind of cut to the chase TOO much by just going "Ash and co are about to see a fossil be revived DEAL WITH IT" without even having the start of the episode be a brief explanation of why they're there, but what do I know?
-Fennel is overdramatic as usual. And she really needs to get a haircut.
-I love how Iris still doesn't seem convinced about all this. But who cares about her? SCIENCE is happening!
-Juniper decides to record the unveiling of Archen. That's...surprisingly realistic, considering that they DID just revive an ANCIENT BIRD/DINO.
-Iris STILL doesn't look too convinced about this.
-Oh hey, the ancient bird doesn't just politely sit around while strange pink flesh things babble about it. Who would've thought?
-OH GOD WHAT IS IT DOING TO DENTO'S FACE
-At least Ash just gets a kicking and Iris just gets a pecking
-I get the feeling this is going to be a hilarious episode. SLAPSTICK ALL OVER THE PLACE.
-And now Archen crashed into Ash, sending it into a coma to sleep somehow.
-Meanwhile...TR's spying on them...in an awfully purple room.
-Blah blah blah shut up and let us get back to the funny stuff blah blah
-Back at the twerps...Dento brings in Pokemon food. In a bowl that's on a plate. There's such a thing as being too fancy, you know.
-And then he gets shushed since Archen's still sleeping. (or, as he puts it...well, you can probably guess that it involves "sleeping" and "it's ____ time")
-Seriously, look at Archen sprawled out on its little bed. It's so cute. I want one right now.
-Archen wakes up...and it's still not happy about having weird fleshy things looming over it and talking.
-Somehow, its screeching causes some seeds to sprout? Yeah, sure, I guess I'll pretend that seeds work that way.
-Archen just stares blankly at Ash when he tells him they're its friends. Presumably because it's never seen these weird human things before and has no idea what the sounds they make are supposed to mean.
-Aw, it doesn't like Dento's food. :(
-And then it escapes. And TR is still watching for reasons I really don't care about anymore. (although at least a revived ancient Pokemon IS legitmately interesting as far as targets go)
-Archen runs up a tree, and...it doesn't like the fruit on that either. HMM I WONDER WHY THE ANCIENT POKEMON DOESN'T LIKE ANY OF THE PRESENT DAY FOODSTUFFS.
-And then everyone randomly decides to help Archen learn to fly...you know, instead of finding a food it'll eat so that it doesn't starve to death.
-TRANQUILL GETS TO DO SOMETHING. STOP THE PRESSES!
-Iris thinks this is all cute, and Dento just babbles about tastes and marriages and whatever else he's always going on about.
-Iris sends out Emolga, which...promptly uses Attract on Archen. But it doesn't seem to be affected.
-And one little peck has Emolga overreacting with a Volt Switch...which brings out Derpfish! Er, I meant Stunfisk.
-Archen takes a little nip at Stunfisk...and just gets shocked again. I suppose and endorse this episode being nothing but things getting hurt over and over and over again.
-Later on, Fennel's watching a clip of Archen's cry over and over again...which makes that ancient plant keep getting bigger until it starts poking out of the windows...I'll keep pretending that plants work that way.
-Meanwhile, Iris and Ash keep helping Archen, which can sort of fly by now. And Juniper and Dento randomly start complimenting Ash's kindness towards Pokemon and his "unique taste" and stuff. But more importantly, the plant from the past is still getting bigger and no one seems to have noticed yet...even though it's almost reached the ground and it's covering a pretty big chunk of the building...
-Oh wait, Fennel went inside and just noticed that her lab got destroyed by the plant.
-And the tree decides to start bearing fruit all of a sudden. I have to admit, this is pretty cool other than the part where it basically destroyed an entire building. At least Archen finally has something to eat...so much to eat that evolves into Archeops! Which has a pretty badass voice, just fyi.
-Then thousands of little kids went "wait, my Archen CAN fly if I just evolve it?!"
-Oh hey, it's team rocket. Joy.
-At least they're attacking in style; they're all flying on their jetpacks!
-Pfffffft, Oshawott's reaction to the tree caught up in NIGHTMARISH FLAME is priceless.
-In the end, TR's driven away(of course)...but they couldn't save the tree. Welp, I guess Archeops is just going to have to starve.
-...but wait, a flock of Archeops just flew in! Woops, looks like they didn't need to bother reviving one from a fossil in the first place! Haha, isn't that a riot?
-Everyone says goodbye(Dento even shoehorns in a "BEST WISHES!")...including Tranquill. D'awwwwwww.

Although the end of the episode kind of sucked(does TR really have to go back to attacking Ash & friends every single episode? And it's rather convenient that a bunch of other Archeops showed up the instant our Archeops' home was ruined...), overall this was a pretty good episode. Sure, it's a filler, but it was a really damned funny filler! And at the end of the day, isn't that what really counts?

EDIT: And now I read the stuff about what TR and Seger were actually talking about. It'd be cool if this lead up to Genesect, but I mostly just want it to lead up to something, anything, that's actually interesting.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
The episode was average but it had some nice moments.

I'm really happy they seem to be rotating different pokemon now. I'm hoping a starter was rotated since I think it'd be fair for them to also be swaped. Tepig would be my ideal choice since it got screentime during Roggenrola's capture.

Archen's cry was annoyinng but I love how it sounded when it evolved. I didn't find the bird's anctics funny but I like how it interacted with everyone, especially Tranquill. Talking about the bird, although she has no personality I thought she was very endearing during this episode. I loved the moment when she landed on Ash's head smiling and she seemed to really like Archen/Archeops. I liked the friendship the two pokemon created. Her screentime was well deserved, and now I just hope we can see Palpitoad and Swadloon gets episodes where they help in a significant task.

Stunfisk is awkward to watch but it is that awkwardness what I like. I didn't find the scene funny; what I did find funny was Emolga using Volt Switch. I love her personality. She brings a lot of life to Iris' team.

I don't care about Team Rocket but I appreciate the signs that this story might bring something new to them. Hopefully their next mission can be something big.

Anyways, average episode with some nice moments.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The only thing I wish is that the writers weren't as high as they were when they included those other Archeops.

Overall, an okay episode. At least a different Pokemon than Oshawoot was Ash's main Pokemon in this episode, if only for 3 minutes or so, though.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Man, that bird was definately tweaked on something. I'm glad Ash didn't catch it.

jmk3190

Yes, I'm very well of that possibility. Of course that means unless they want Ash with a Gigalith soon, we'll be seeing a lot of Boldore.

Anyway I'm also a little disappointed that more Pokemon didn't show up, but oh well. Four Pokemon from Ash is decent enough. Though writers next time be fair to Tranquill, "losing" to Team Rocket (well I guess it wasn't losing, but it wasn't winning either), isn't cool. Damn, she needs a win and badly.

But Tranquill did win against Jessie's Woobat in the Elgyem episode.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I thought this was a pretty good episode for being mostly filler. It was a good watch from the beginning to the end. My only things with the episode are:

1. Who is Zager? I mean he's been coming up all over this arc with TR acting like they knew him yet I don't remember him appearing before BW.

2. Since when does Night Shade summon up black flames when it hits something? This is new.

3. Where exactly did this flock of Archeops come from if they needed to revive a fossil just to study the pokemon. I mean did they even bother to explain that because it comes off as a bit too contrived for me if they didn't.

Also does anyone think that Archen running into the window was a joke about birds and crashing into windows thinking that they're open?

Last edited: