• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Archeops or Aerodactyl?

Archeops or Aerodactyl?

• Archeops

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Aerodactyl

Votes: 44 45.8%
  • I hate both :P

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Love them both! Can't decide!

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Soooo, 5th gen introduced a new rock/flying type with quite partycular asthetics and some quite good skills in battling. Did you fall in love with it or do you stick with the older one?

Aesir

Breeder
Archeops

I just love Archaeopteryx's they look so cool

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Aerodactyl. It just looks cooler.
Archeops is cool, but it just can't beat the original Rock/Flyer.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Archeops. It just looks cooler.
Aerodactyl is cool, but it just can't beat the new Rock/Flyer.

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
When I first saw Archeops, I tried to think of some way possible to work it into my team, that's how much I like it. I'll still probably try to work it into my team somehow, if not on white, then on black. I've never been a fan of aerodactyl, it's just not my favorite pokemon.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Aerodactyl, Archeops' ability is so dumb, I don't even like the thought of it being on my team.
Plus, you can't beat the original rock/flying ancient pokemon.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Aerodactyl, Archeops' ability is so dumb, I don't even like the thought of it being on my team.
Plus, you can't beat the original rock/flying ancient pokemon.

You know their ability only activates when they lose half their health, right?

It really bugged me how the Smog got that wrong. >_<

Mister_SGG

I love Aerodactyl and 5th gen only made him better by getting rid of his horrible backsprite. And Archeop's ability is just horrible. I was gonna put him on my team, but his ability stopped that possiblity. Pressure and Rock Head are so much better....

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Yes, and Archeops is bound to lose half it's health. Many times.

So Aerodactyl for me.

Khaoscontrol

Obsessor Collector
Just look anywhere in my sig and you can see my vote. Archeops can easily work it's way into my favorites, but my favorite pokemon will always be Aerodactyl. I'm even writing a book about it. Sorry if you find it creepy.

abraxas

Words.
Mainly because I still see Aerodactyl as a BAMF, it gets my vote. I don't care much for Archeops design, and, as it has been said, that ability... At least it's more colourful.

Skydra

Going to have to say both. I'm putting Archeops on my team when I get White, but I don't think its better. I just never worried about training an Aerodactyl, but I still thought it was awesome.

The only design flaw I see in Aerodactyl is its disproportional head.

Remember everyone, Archeops is a sweeper. It only gets the attack reduction after being reduced to 50% HP. How often will people decide to use it to tank or something? Never, pretty much.

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Aerodactyl rules! Archeops ability is so stupid. At least Pressure and Rock Head helps

Cobalt_Latios

Archeops. An Archeopteryx Pokemon is something that's quite unusual. Sure, it's ability might not be the best of things, but hey, you just gotta know how and when to use it. Maybe focus on Archeops's speed in order to prevent these issues.

Aerodactyl... I kind of like, but Archeops has a more "unique" design. And more unusual.

/CL

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
Archeops is my least favorite fossil pokemon. I don't like it's design at all.

Never really "loved" aerodactyl though, but it's pretty cool.

Dattebayo

Banned
Both because flying reptiles kick arse. Of course I do fear Archeop's tier ranking.