• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Archeops or Aerodactyl?

Archeops or Aerodactyl?

• Archeops

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Aerodactyl

Votes: 44 45.8%
  • I hate both :P

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Love them both! Can't decide!

Votes: 16 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knetz07

The Forsaken
Haha! Was expecting a poll like this... Aerodactyl for me though. It is my favorite afterall, plus it is faster than Archeops. I like Archeops too, but it's ability is a bummer.

DDwhiscash

Hands down Aerodactyl. It has good speed, a great ability and can also function as a good lead. Archeos, on the other hand, has to overcome that ability (I suggest Worry seed or Gastro Acid in double battes) and is just as frail as Aerodactyl. Also, don't they have the same speed? o_O correct me if I'm wrong about that.

knetz07

The Forsaken
Hands down Aerodactyl. It has good speed, a great ability and can also function as a good lead. Archeos, on the other hand, has to overcome that ability (I suggest Worry seed or Gastro Acid in double battes) and is just as frail as Aerodactyl. Also, don't they have the same speed? o_O correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Aero has base 130 speed while Arcehops has base 110.

Pokeman1234

What a mess...
Aerodactyl all the way! I have him on all my Gen 1/2/3/4 games and he is a great leader in my team, I actually use it more than my starter pokemon. Archeops is just too slow and has a rubbish ability, I am just waiting to get the Old Amber on White and then Archeops is out the window.

DDwhiscash

Aero has base 130 speed while Arcehops has base 110.

Thanks. also keep in mind that Archeos will be worn down by Stealth Rock. Scizor is also a factor you need to concider since it can destroy you with it's Bullet Punch another huge factor is Basculin (underated poke actually) with it's 80 base aqua jet

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Archeops. It looks nicer and fits in a bit more. I find it more memorable than Aerodactyl.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
even though Archeops has a bad ability, it is a really offensive Pokemon. It learns a great veriaty of moves.

Benzu 13

Getting Better?
Archeops. I've always hated Aerodactyl's design, and I don't even know why. I usually love reptilian designs, but it has a freakazoid jawline. Plus, they both serve two different roles, competitivewise. And competitivewise you needn't worry about Archeops' ability because it's stats are more suitable than Garchomp's for SWEEPING.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Archeops, purely because it looks cool. :3

pokeaussie37

Either. Both have their strong points. I liked using Archeops I have to say. As long as you're faster than everything you try to take on with it, you're all good to go. Less than 50%? Archeops is lucky to NOT be OHKO'd by anything that's at least neutral :p But it's not that much different with Aerodactyl.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Archeops: I am SOOOO going to beat you! This will be easy!
*Areodactly hits Archeops hard*
Archeops: OH GOD, I'M GONNA LOSE! UNCLE! UNCLE! HAVE MERCY ON ME!!!

Nuff said.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Archeops. Not only does he look like a complete BAMF, but he is powerful too. I found it annoying he couldn't learn fly till evolution, but that's just a minor flaw.

quilava99

Derpity herp a derp
I really like Archeops.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Is it just me, or do these polls ALWAYS pretty much come down to "Who is from an earlier gen"?

Uberpolychrome

Soft Reset #2935
There's no way I could choose between them, they both look great and they're both strong as hell

pokeplayer73

It depends what you compare them by. If they were to battle with no items and nuetral nature, Aerodactyl would rain victorious because of its 130 base speed which would allow it to 1HKO Archeops with Stone Edge before Archeops could even move. For a potitional mind-set, Aerodactyl would be an efficient lead being able to out speed most opponents and set up while supplying a threat with its 105 base attack. On the other hand, Archeops would be a powerful sweeper being able to vanquish most opponents with 1hit without taking damage due to its higher speed. In my mind, defeatist ability is a non issue because most hits will be able to 1HKO him anyway. The magority of hits that won't KO him will leave him with more than half health.

My final vote is Aerodactyl, which I use on Wifi with it holding a Life Orb to further replicate Archeop's high attack.