• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are any of these starters the fan favourite in their region?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Don't know about fan favourite but Decidueye is my personal favourite Alolan starter, as is Feraligatr my favourite Johtonian and Swampert and Blastoise are my tied favourite's from thier home regions too.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Gen 1= Tie between Charizard and Blastoise
Gen 2= Feraligatr is more versatile
Gen 3= Blaziken by design
Gen 4= Infernape i love his design

Gen 5:= Emboar, very versatile against normal, pokemon with sturdy and dark types
Gen 6= Greninja
Gen 6 ORAS= Mega Blaziken
Gen 7= Incineroar
Gen 8= Cinderace and G-Max Charizard
Legends Arceus= Typhlosion

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Swampert was very popular back when Gen 3 was released, not sure which one is the fan favorite these days.
I think it’s Sceptile. It’s the one I often see most people respond with when asked which Hoenn starter they tended to pick. I think the anime and Grovyle in PMD were mainly what inspired the Treecko line’s popularity.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Blastoise
No that's Charizard
Feraligatr
No that's Typhlosion
No that's Sceptile
No that's Infernape
I'm not sure about this one. Serperior used to be the most popular but I'm not sure nowadays
Chesnaught
Lmao no. Greninja is easily the most popular
Decidueye
Yes though Rowlet still beats it
Cinderace
Yes. (Except for in Japan)
& Hisuian Samurott
No. That's Hisuian Typhlosion

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Don't know about fan favourite but Decidueye is my personal favourite Alolan starter, as is Feraligatr my favourite Johtonian and Swampert and Blastoise are my tied favourite's from thier home regions too.
Decidueye is considered the fan fave in non-Japanese territories, yet Japan favours the other two Alola starters. Galar seems to have a similar regional opinion difference, with Cinderace the fave of the West while Inteleon is the fave in Japan.

After clear analysis, I feel these are considered the so-called “fan faves” of their region.

Kanto: Charizard (duh)
Johto: Typhlosion
Hoenn: Sceptile (anime likely influenced this one, as I think Blaziken was the fave before)
Sinnoh: Infernape (at least for final stages, given Piplup outshines Empoleon)
Unova: Samurott (I’d say Serperior was the original fave, but LA really boosted the Oshawott line’s popularity)
Kalos: Greninja (duh)
Alola: Decidueye (at least in US, Japan prefers the other two)
Galar: Cinderace (again likely due to anime influence, Japan instead favours Inteleon)
Hisui: Hisuian Typhlosion (I believe it’s because it receives way more fanart than the other two)

Given the Fire-type is often associated with cool designs and being the strongest of the starter types, you can see why Fire-types dominate the general fan perception.