• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are dynasty teams good in sports?

Vernikova

Champion
Are dynasty teams good for sports?

I just realized my stupid typo. They're obviously good in sports. What I meant is "Are dynasty teams good for sports?"

I don't know how many people are actually interested in women's college basketball but I'm certain that some have heard of their current 72-game win streak. It's not the longest streak in NCAA history, but a pretty impressive streak nonetheless.

Not many people pay attention to women's sports but there have been people arguing whether or not this streak is good for women's hoops.

By extension, I want to ask if you think if dynasty teams are good in sports like Women's College Basketball or in sports in general. There have been examples of teams like this in recent history such as the UConn women, the New York Yankees, and the Chicago Bulls.

Last edited:

BCVM22

What manner of question is this? Particularly, how can a team able to put together sustained success over extended periods of time be either good or bad? They are what they are.

Sports, at the collegiate level for the most part and at the professional level unequivocally, are not your fourth grade recital: it is no one's responsibility to make sure that everyone gets to have a few minutes in the spotlight so their parents can snap some photos and get it on video with the HandyCam. If a team is able to win numerous championships in an extended span, it's because their organization was able to make use of the best talent, the best personnel, the best resources and the best facilities. That's what makes these teams champions.

If there are other teams that really have a problem with that, they can either improve their own base and challenge them or they can stop whining. It really is as simple as that. In no way, shape or form did a team like the 1990s Chicago Bulls or the early 2000s New York Yankees do anything "wrong" by enjoying the success they did and there's no way a case could be made otherwise.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Beat em if you don't like it. I hate when people complain(not saying you are) but this is college and pro sports, not little league. Either way it's not bad or good for sports, just another win.

I second raichu2626's motion.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I hate these kind of discussions because there is an obvious answer to these. If you don't like it then beat. The same goes for those teams that get angry when they lose 97-10. it is not their problem if you can't stop them.

Vernikova

Champion
BCVM22 said:
What manner of question is this? Particularly, how can a team able to put together sustained success over extended periods of time be either good or bad? They are what they are.

I meant for a sport that isn't really prominent, let's say soccer or woman's basketball in America. Would a dynasty team be good for that sport? Or would the apparent lack of competition hurt it?

I fully agree that if you don't want a team to win all the time you have to beat them and all of that by the way.