• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are edited TR vs TP episodes a possibility with the new opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I just want to know people's opinions on why they chose to use edit that footage from the postponed episodes.

They didn't. This scene is all new, made from scratch. Inspired by a scene we saw in the previews for BW23/24, sure, but not actually an edit of that scene.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
They didn't. This scene is all new, made from scratch. Inspired by a scene we saw in the previews for BW23/24, sure, but not actually an edit of that scene.

Regardless of whether it's from scratch or not, its basically the same scene and obviously it's inspired from a scene from one of the TR vs TP episodes.

So yeah, as I said, it's an obvious nod to it and it only has a few minor differences.

Hilda

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! CHARIZARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little extra clip and I am nearly crying! Emotional stuff right here. New Pokémon kids, meet Charizard, he'll mess your shiz up!

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Frankly, there's no way those episodes would be referenced in the opening and it not mean anything about the episodes, especially when so much other stuff in the opening is confirmed to happen in the show. It appears my sources were correct: a retconned TR vs. TP is gonna air in early 2013.....

RickHoenn

Banned
I think they're gone for good, at least now we have an arc revolving around Team Plasma and N. :)

RickHoenn

Banned
Is that why the opening clearly referenced them?

Maybe they will use that scene in new episodes, I really doubt those episodes will ever air.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I think they're gone for good, at least now we have an arc revolving around Team Plasma and N. :)

And you don't think those episodes could be moved into that arc? Has everyone forgotten what happened with that fishing episode?

They never said anything about retconning.

They said specifically that "they will change the scenario, as the episodes will appear in Season 16. They were not deleted, but moved and modified."

It also got retconned in another way. We know Ash and the group were in the building that Team Plasma attacked, but in the opening they are looking up at it.

Only Cilan was, actually, and how it's shown in the opening is in no way neccesarily how it'll happen in the episodes. If it was, Genesects would be flying around. XD

the episodes will be changed substantually I imagine if they are to happen.But afew scenes may stay the same like the hyperbeam scene.

Most things would stay the same, really. The major things changed would be the color of TR's uniform, dialogue from people like Looker, and (the biggest of all) the Team Plasma grunts.

Maybe they just added it because they liked the scene from the episode and since those episodes most likely won't air now, they chose to put the scene in the final opening of the Best Wishes series.

It's depressing how many people seem to WANT the episodes to stay unaired, so even when indication of them airing happens, the possibility gets denied.

Seriously, if the episodes were really banned/cancelled, WHY reference them in an opening and remind people of them? That would be a DUMB thing to do.

Last edited:
As much as i agree with you, and normally most people speculate/make up things for their own personal favour, this time i don't think retconning is out of the question at all.

We still have nothing to prove of retconning and really, who cares about those episodes. Ever since those episode were announced, they caused more trouble than BW season 2 and the hype people gave it.

Haunter ゴースト

We still have nothing to prove of retconning

Not entirely, but so far we know the temple scene has been reused, the helicopter scene has been reused (most likely in the episodes too) and we know that Looker returns most likely teams up with Team Rocket (they presumably did in TRvsTP).

and really, who cares about those episodes.

The entire fandom? They are without a doubt the most anticated episodes of Best Wishes.

Ever since those episode were announced, they caused more trouble than BW season 2 and the hype people gave it.

Agreed, but the trouble they caused was for a good reason. They looked incredible and everybody wanted to see them. It's unfortunate that a tragic event took place during the time of their original airing.

Not entirely, but so far we know the temple scene has been reused, the helicopter scene has been reused (most likely in the episodes too) and we know that Looker returns most likely teams up with Team Rocket (they presumably did in TRvsTP).

The entire fandom? They are without a doubt the most anticated episodes of Best Wishes.

Agreed, but the trouble they caused was for a good reason. They looked incredible and everybody wanted to see them. It's unfortunate that a tragic event took place during the time of their original airing.

I seen the preview, they are not this big epic change the face of the anime episode, they were just two episode that we only have some detail what happened. And how would we know they live up. I bet you be dissapointed with them, would you?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I really hope that that place is the Black City. There is potential for a chance to redeem Ash after his loss at the League. Ash vs Benga at the Black Tower anyone (especially if he first meets him in Floccesy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.