• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Entei and Chubaka Related?

are entei and chubaka related

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xanthis

im sxy and i know it
this thread is quite simple to me im just trying to find out if chubaka and entei are related i realized a while ago that they look quite related so i wanted to know if they were cousins brothers or what

Gelatino95

Not a tool
What's Chubaka?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
* Chewbacca

And here's the Bulbapedia article on Entei's design origin:

Bulbapedia said:
Entei is based on Chinese guardian lions, or Lions of Foo, creatures that resemble fully grown male lions. They are often confused with canines and incorrectly called "Foo Dogs" by Westerners. Their original significance was serving as guardians (like gargoyles upon churches) at Buddhist temples. The image of a ferocious beast would scare intruders away. This correlates with Entei being seen as a guardian in the third movie, protecting Molly and her allies.

Like a real lion, Entei boasts a regal mane, long retractable claws, and a strong, bulky, yet agile body. Its face is short and bears resemblance to a lion's skull— short and wedged, but with the unique flatness that ShiShi statues also bore. The yellow design on its head could be interpreted as a stylized crown or a Kabuto helmet. In China, the lion is regarded as a symbol of power and strength. Lions are also popularly known as symbols of fire. However, Entei also resembles large short-muzzled dogs, such as a mastiff. Entei's brown shaggy fur and white paws and muzzle are similar to a St. Bernard, a large dog known for its strength. Its lion-like appearance, mask-like face, and masses of fur make it look like the Balinese lion spirit Barong, a guardian spirit who kills the wicked witch Rangda in order to maintain the balance of good and evil.

Entei's roar is known throughout the Pokémon world as a sign of a new volcano erupting, and a new Entei being born. Entei may also have some inspiration from the Aterui, the chief of the Emishi, who was later labeled as a demon called 'Aka-gashira' (Red-Head). It also has the appearance of a volcano, its head is volcano-shaped and has a bright yellow eruption-flame on the top, and the red magma is seen on the side of its face, it has volcanic smoke leaving from the back and has two spiky mountains on the back.

Just because they're both brown and hairy doesn't make them related. Lots of things are brown and hairy.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
No...not at all. Two completely different franchises from two completely different eras (the origional trilogy anyways). A LOT of other things are brown and furry, but they aren't related. At all. And spell Chewbacca right next time, please

Cruxis

Banned
Are the OP and faggots related?

Yes.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Now I'm picturing Entei making that growling Wookie noise, causing volcanoes to erupt.

And then Han Solo rides Entei into the sunset.

Mister_SGG

*Chewbacca, for one thing. JESUS, get it right guys.

I don't think they're related, lol. Is this a troll thread or does the op legitimately believe Chewy and Entei are related?

Profesco

gone gently
Status
Not open for further replies.