• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Hacked Pokemon Okay?

Are Hacked Pokemon Okay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I know it's a stupid question, but this thread is nagging me for a long time, and I just want a global opinion on the subject.

Is Hacked Monsters are okay? Do Legally Hacked Monsters exist? Are there any excuse for Hacking? I want to know all of your opinions.

Me?
I have an action replay and a team of Hacked monsters from Pokesav. But hey, I don't think I do anything wrong as long as I got away with it,among some other "things" I got away with.

Oh and on the subject of Legit hacking:
I'm reading peoples post who are against hacking and I see some people are STILL having a hard time understanding and STILL have some popular misconceptions so I'm going to break down the difference between Legit Hackers and N00B Hackers (Again):

1. Legit Hacker - A legit hacker hacks normal pokemon. That means they hack pokemon that are exactly the same as pokemon found in the wild. They have the same strengths and weaknesses as a pokemon caught regularly and grow exactly the same. The only difference is the hacked pokemon was obtained alot quicker, there are NO other differences. They're IV's are not altered in anyway unless the player puts in a code with the IV's they want the pokemon to have but a legit hacker knows a pokemon cannot have perfect IV's therefore a legit hacker doesn't have pokemon with perfect IV's. There are also codes to alter a pokemon EV's but a legit hacker knows a pokemon can't have more then 255 EV points in a single stat therefore a legit hacker doesn't have a pokemon with super high abnormal stats. A legit hacker just hacks pokemon that are like everyone elses they just obtained them with a quicker method. They don't damage peoples games if traded because they're exactly like regular pokemon. And no every hacker does not just buy a game to run threw it and have no enjoyment. I played threw Pearl with no hacks and loved it.

2.N00B Hackers - Now these are players who hack pokemon with abnormal stats, perfect IV's, moves they do not learn, and other things. These pokemon do have a chance of possibly messing up someones game if traded to them because the code written within the pokemon goes against the code within the game so there is a possibility these types of pokemon could mess up someones game but it's rare.

Another thing I see people against hacking are angry about is the fact that some hackers don't tell people they battle against that they hack. I personlly don't tell people I hack and here is my reasoning:

My pokemon are normal and are legit hacks so there's nothing out of the ordinary about them other than the location they were captured at and how they were captured. They're not stronger or have an advantage over any other pokemon so they're just as good or bad as pokemon obtained legitimately therefore theres no reason I need to tell someone my pokemon are hacked because there just as normal and legit as my opponents pokemon who were not hacked.

Now the only way I can see someone disagreeing with my view points is if they're simply upset that they wasted hours of they're lives raising a pokemon that I obtained in 5 minutes and it's no one elses fault that you wasted you're time or took a childrens game way too seriously but you're own. So if you feel that way then you obviously dont enjoy playing the game the legit way and wish you could either do what hackers do or wish everyone played the game the way you do which is a wish that will never come true because you have no control over everyone that plays pokemon.

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
no, cuz its not fun anymore, is not fair in battles, some people say that they do it cuz its the only way to get events but u can get them from wifi or if u dont have buy the ds usb connector thing or go to a hotspot and no there are no legal hacks (however i dont care about ingame glitches) its like saying 'hey i kill people legally' but not that worse ofcourse. but since u have ar, enjoy if u can and dont trade them except if people dont care

denizenofevil

To clarify my vote, no one can tell someone else what to do with their game. They can do whatever they want but when it comes to battling and trading against others it does become unfair. Casual players (like me) don't want to go through the trouble of breeding for natures or EV training because we're just playing for fun. That's the same reason why hackers use the hacking devices except the main difference is that the casual player doesn't go out and buy a device to get the reward without the effort. With little to no effort, they have an advantage over people like me because they can modify Pokemon to have the right stats and natures.

From the economical point of view, the people who are in charge of Pokemon events get paid to come to toys r us to give pokemon away. Toys R Us pays them to come so that they can bring in more people into the stores to get them to buy their products. If everyone started hacking and buying these hacking devices, no one would be going to these events which means the Pokemon distributors will not be making money if the store decides not to pay and provide these events anymore since people aren't coming in to see their products. This can affect the company's profits which can affect the Pokemon franchise. When you play legitly and you go these events to get event Pokemon like the makers of Pokemon had intended, you are actually supporting the franchise and the more money they make, the more likely they are to pass along the savings to you. If they aren't making a very good profit, they can either cut back on things or raise the prices of the games or their products.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
I'm just gonna post this as early as possible before the herd of idiots comes rolling in and Dr.MECha you should probably put this in you're first post so maybe the more ignorant members can read it before voicing they're blind opinions and avoiding such arguments as "That's not how you're supposed to play the game!!!" and other classic lines from the Hacked Pokemon Thread.This is from that thread.

1. Legit Hacker - A legit hacker hacks normal pokemon. That means they hack pokemon that are exactly the same as pokemon found in the wild. They have the same strengths and weaknesses as a pokemon caught regularly and grow exactly the same. The only difference is the hacked pokemon was obtained alot quicker, there are NO other differences. They're IV's are not altered in anyway unless the player puts in a code with the IV's they want the pokemon to have but a legit hacker knows a pokemon cannot have perfect IV's therefore a legit hacker doesn't have pokemon with perfect IV's. There are also codes to alter a pokemon EV's but a legit hacker knows a pokemon can't have more then 255 EV points in a single stat therefore a legit hacker doesn't have a pokemon with super high abnormal stats. A legit hacker just hacks pokemon that are like everyone elses they just obtained them with a quicker method. They don't damage peoples games if traded because they're exactly like regular pokemon. And no every hacker does not just buy a game to run threw it and have no enjoyment. I played threw Pearl with no hacks and loved it.

2.N00B Hackers - Now these are players who hack pokemon with abnormal stats, perfect IV's, moves they do not learn, and other things. These pokemon do have a chance of possibly messing up someones game if traded to them because the code written within the pokemon goes against the code within the game so there is a possibility these types of pokemon could mess up someones game but it's rare.

Another thing I see people against hacking are angry about is the fact that some hackers don't tell people they battle against that they hack. I personlly don't tell people I hack and here is my reasoning:

My pokemon are normal and are legit hacks so there's nothing out of the ordinary about them other than the location they were captured at and how they were captured. They're not stronger or have an advantage over any other pokemon so they're just as good or bad as pokemon obtained legitimately therefore theres no reason I need to tell someone my pokemon are hacked because there just as normal and legit as my opponents pokemon who were not hacked.

Now the only way I can see someone disagreeing with my view points is if they're simply upset that they wasted hours of they're lives raising a pokemon that I obtained in 5 minutes and it's no one elses fault that you wasted you're time or took a childrens game way too seriously but you're own. So if you feel that way then you obviously dont enjoy playing the game the legit way and wish you could either do what hackers do or wish everyone played the game the way you do which is a wish that will never come true because you have no control over everyone that plays pokemon.

jtv526

I think its okay to hack legit but when it comes to events i dont think they show hack to get events unless it passed already but if theres a event going just get you butt of the couch and go get the event!

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Yes. If you're a competitive battler, and find fun in the battling aspect as opposed to the capturing/ breeding/ raising aspect of Pokémon.

So, you get an instant [legal] team of your choice, without the unneccesary effort, and can pit them against an opponent.

It's why I find the Battle Factory so fun, you can have an instant level 100 Pokémon, of virtually any species, and pit it against a relatively difficult opponent.

If you're going to hack illegally, that's alright, as long as you either don't battle competitively, or your opponent knows your Pokémon are hacked, and is ready to attempt to take them on. It's sometimes fun to test out certain moves/ abilities on certain Pokémon, and can make it more of a challenge and surprise for the opponent.

I've always wished that I didn't know so much about Pokémon, just so when I'm battling, I can have an unexpected surprise every so often. So, when I come up against a hacked Pokémon, I wont know what moves I can expect, or what ability it'll have. Leading me to be cautious, and try to counter a fire-type with levitate and a grass attack.

Also, it can be used to advance certain Pokémon's movepools. Most of the Eeveelutions have terrible movepools, hacking could theoretically be one way to improve them. Nothing major such as giving them all Dragon Pulse, but something that you may be able to believe they should have, but don't. An Umbreon with Spikes, or a Flareon with Eruption. It may make UU/NU/BL Pokémon playable in an OU environment. I like the Eeveelutions, but their terrible movepool for one thing is keeping them from decent battles. Possibly if I hacked a better movepool, and OU-level stats, then they could easily be playable, and provide more of a threat.

And before any counters with "But that's what NU/UU Battles are for!", how about if I want a team that has 4 OUs, and 2 UUs, as they're my favourites? I'll be forced to only compete in OU battles, and be at a general disadvantage due to my team having two UUs. Bumping up the UUs will provide a better team.

Of course, this is a slippery scope. Who's to decide what constitutes as bumping up? Maybe someone will come along, and think it perfectly reasonable to give 120 stats all round, levitate and Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt & Ice-Beam. If anything, there should be Hacked-OU tier, detailing a list of UU/NU Pokémon, and what advancements stat-wise, ability-wise & movepool wise, to bring it into an OU tier.

Smogon already has a few advanced fake-Pokémon, that are able to compete against eachother on the shoddy battle server, so what I'm suggesting is something like this, but instead of coming up with new Pokémon from scratch, improve on existing ones instead.

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I'm just gonna post this as early as possible before the herd of idiots comes rolling in and Dr.MECha you should probably put this in your first post so maybe the more ignorant members can read it before voicing they're blind opinions and avoiding such arguments as "That's not how you're supposed to play the game!!!" and other classic lines from the Hacked Pokemon Thread.This is from that thread.

Just did. Thanks anyways.

Havocide

Collector
Quoted from the other thread. Voted legitmately hacked.

I've read through the majority of this thread and see the arguements of both sides. I just bought a AR today after completing Platinum and the major story archs.including minor archs. I have played every Pokemon game since it very first began. Im 21 years old now, and enjoy the games immensely!

However my opinions are this. (Remember they are just that 'My opinion')

- I dont care for IV breeding or EV training. I catch pokemon and raise them and whatever they do they do. AR will let me catch the Pokemon I want on my Team, only faster. Im still going to train them just like anybody else. AR is just making that pokemon appear faster.
- Completing the Pokedex. So I can obtain those extremely rare pokemon I cannot obtain anywhere else, Jirachi etc. This way I can complete my dex. (though I actualy obtained what appears to be a legit Mew) The other pokemon I have either traded, or caught myself without the use of AR, considering I havent had one before untill today.
- If people don't like cheating thats fine, don't preach that its bad to me and I wont preach that its perfectly fine either. Play the game how you want, and I will to.
- Don't want to battle with me online? Thats fine, my Pokemon will be just as legit as yours except I caught them faster. Im not going to tell you their hacked, since well they arn't to be honest. I just made what appears in the Game, appear faster.
- When I trade online they are always legits, ones I have breed to obtain dupes of the Pokemon so others may have them to. Like The starters, I obtained them by trading from my other games, and I simply breed them. Just because I hack certain parts of the game should not make me be in a seperate group to those that don't hack. Silly labels.

I could go on, but what is classed as hacking for one person, isnt for another.

At the end of the day, my game is my own if you don't like how I play then thats your problem, I still have fun. I mean to be honest, your never know the difference....thats unless I tell you. =)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Seriously? A Poll was opened?

Are you trying to incite a flame war?

Anyway, legit hacks ftw.

Plue

Spanish Trainer
i think tath if you want p okes with 31 iv´s for make eggs wiht 31 iv´s. pokes hacked can help for do it more quickly. but i think that use this pokes for fight is too bad because people make their startegys and somebody break wiht hacked.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Seriously? A Poll was opened?

Are you trying to incite a flame war?

Anyway, legit hacks ftw.

Nope, just making this a general opinion thread that's all.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I voted the second option.

Seriously, people. Either you fit the entire process of IV/EV/Nature training into one YouTube video, or I will continue to say "it takes too much time to raise Pokemon with that much detail".

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Hmmm, wasn't the one thread bad enough?? The other one should be closed as it's just going to create a flame war! I've voted on this poll and that is all i'm going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.