• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Haruhi Suzumiya and Asuka Langley Soryu tsunderes?

Do You Believe That Haruhi Suzumiya And Asuka Langley Soryu Are Tsunderes?

• Yes, Haruhi is a tsundere but Asuka isn't!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, they're BOTH tsunderes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelique

transcending love~
Definition of tsundere:

Tsundere is a Japanese character archetype that describes a conceit, spikey, combative personality that later on turns to being modest and loving. It can also describe a personality that is good-willed, but its attitude and actions often contradict its nature.

Now, here's the question: do you believe Haruhi and Asuka are tsunderes and are archetypes or that they are not tsunderes and unique characters that transcend definitions such as "tsundere" and "yandere"?

If Haruhi and Asuka are typical tsunderes, it means they are not particularly "unique" as many fans of their respective fans believe them to be.

I just wanted to know what the critics of SPP believe on this particular topic.

DEBATE COMMENCE!

uber gon

Accept Change
Definition of tsundere:

Tsundere is a Japanese character archetype that describes a conceit, spikey, combative personality that later on turns to being modest and loving. It can also describe a personality that is good-willed, but its attitude and actions often contradict its nature.

Now, here's the question: do you believe Haruhi and Asuka are tsunderes and are archetypes or that they are not tsunderes and unique characters that transcend definitions such as "tsundere" and "yandere"?

If Haruhi and Asuka are typical tsunderes, it means they are not particularly "unique" as many fans of their respective fans believe them to be.

DEBATE COMMENCE!

How the hell has ANY of them shown to modest and loving??!?!??!?!?

Asrialys

How the hell has ANY of them shown to modest and loving??!?!??!?!?
Many times for Haruhi. Island Syndrome episodes, end of rainy episode, episode 12, probably more in the upcoming second season.

As for Asuka, I can't really remember her well. Been a while since I last saw anything Evangelion.

Anyway, can't we just call them normal teenage girls? What brought this on anyway? Not the wikipedia page, was it?

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
Asuka is, but Haruhi isn't. (IMO). Asuka never really cared about anyone other than herself throughout the entire series, and Haruhi was just oblivious.

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
BAH. Okay, edited for stupidity. So I guess neither of them are very tsundere-y.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Definition of tsundere:

DEBATE COMMENCE!

The better question is: who the **** cares.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
uber gon u can go 2 fckin h3ll

Anyway, to actually be a tsundere, you have to, y'know, the female has to soften up as the story goes along. And be stereotypical. Haruhi strikes me as a more interesting and substantial slightly subverted (but not really) parody of that archetype; Asuka, on the other hand, is too defined and grounded.

I think we should now make a thread whether Gendo is a sexy ******* or not.