• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are my Games Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hi all,

I have Pokemon Sapphire and love it to bits! (Gen III FTW!) The Internal Battery has run Dry on Sapphire, and it has been for as long as I can remember.

Yet recently, I have read that if your game says "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.", your game is a fake. The source said that if it says the "The game can played." bit, the game is a fake! :( Is this true? I have had no problems with Migrating onto Diamond/Platinum, and I also have no problems with saving either.

EDIT: I have checked what makes a legitimate Pokemon Sapphire HERE, and this ticks all the boxes (A 'CE' not an 'E', the translucent blue box, no circular internal battery, the circular Seal of Quality on the lower-right etc.) so I believe it is legit, but you never know...

Please help me and thanks in advance!

tomatohater

Last edited:

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
It is probably real. I have an emerald I know 100% real and the internal battery ran dry too. One way to check is to look into the place where you stick the cartridge into the game system. If you can see words that say nintendo it is real.

xKatie0391

That message doesn't generally mean it's fake, it just means the internal battery that runs the in-game clock has died, so clock based events like berries and the lottery won't work anymore. My old Sapphire and Emerald have this message and they're legit.

The best way to find out is to google spotting a fake gba cartridge. There are lots of good articles that have pictures comparing fake and legit cartridges. Also I'm not sure about the whole CE and E thing that article mentions. I thought the E symbol is for US cartridges, correct me if I'm wrong. So I don't think that symbol means it's a definite fake.

But I'm pretty sure yours is probably not a fake.

Nah, you're fine, my Ruby game says the same and it's legit. If I'm not wrong, every pokemon game which its battery run dry says that

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
O.K., thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it, and now I do not need to worry about my Pokemon Sapphire! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.