• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic Christian

Other than Governments, who has the power to run the world’s drugs cartels, and have it’s kingpins to never get caught?

I can think of no one capable of such a feat, other than our own governments.

You?

Regards
DL

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
This is such a strange question in light of the fact that cartels exclusively operate out of regions with weak or non-existent governments. Although you could argue that governments basically are cartels.

Morax

King of heroes
This again?
aiiens_584x800_ka_4dc69825.jpeg

Gnostic Christian

This is such a strange question in light of the fact that cartels exclusively operate out of regions with weak or non-existent governments. Although you could argue that governments basically are cartels.
As evidenced by the lack of worth arrests at the top.

That is a strong argument as it shows the collusion of just changing caps for the ones really controlling the black market from above. Our own governments.

That or they/we are incompetent as heel.

Regards
DL

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Governments are not the same thing, cartels are organized drug dealers.

The biggest reasons are actually since the most governments police forces want to avoid bloodsheds. The cartels main strengths are: Organized groups, their ranks are inexhaustible since most are volunteers that dont like the government. Also they use fear to their advantage.
Many Mexican cartels have moved on from city buildings and now they use mountain based hideouts to grow drugs and training camps.
Also Mexico has such high police and military corruption so it's easy for the cartel to bribe the police and they get left alone.

And since drug control is a federal matters where most countries are not permitted to get the military involved in these fights... despite the military usually has equipment many times better than both police and SWAT. Including tanks drones and other high level equipment would allow the police to bust down even the strongest defensive walls.

Gnostic Christian

Governments are not the same thing, cartels are organized drug dealers.
I think they are, as governments have organized to control market and are not going after the organized crime Kingpins that I think they control, as evidenced by the lack of arrests at the higher levels, except for the few that the government wants to sacrifice.

The rest of your post is fairly accurate and given that authorities are not raiding the places you name shows how much collusion is involved between organized crime and the governments.

Regards
DL

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
As evidenced by the lack of worth arrests at the top.

That is a strong argument as it shows the collusion of just changing caps for the ones really controlling the black market from above. Our own governments.

That or they/we are incompetent as heel.

Regards
DL
Yeah, I guess if what you're saying is that there's collusion between government agencies and cartels then sure. I wouldn't go so far as to call them the same entity but they certainly don't devote as many resources to combating them as, say, Al Qaeda, despite the fact that drug cartels and the drugs they push certainly have killed more people.

And since drug control is a federal matters where most countries are not permitted to get the military involved in these fights... despite the military usually has equipment many times better than both police and SWAT. Including tanks drones and other high level equipment would allow the police to bust down even the strongest defensive walls.

As far as I understand it, major police agencies (which SWAT teams would be attached to) usually use military surplus equipment, so if they really needed them, yes they would have some of that fancy military equipment. The federal government also absolutely could deploy the military to combat "these fights" if they really wanted to, but that would amount to an invasion of the country the cartels are stationed in simply to fix a problem that country's government isn't capable of fixing themselves. That would be us playing World Police again, so that's not exactly a good solution either. I guess if forced to pick between chasing cartels and chasing our own tail in the Middle East I'd pick the one that actually has a chance to improve society both here and abroad.

Gnostic Christian

Al Qaeda, despite the fact that drug cartels and the drugs they push certainly have killed more people.

I will not disagree with most of what you put, but just point out that the DEA was hip deep in Afghanistan's opium fields.

There were negotiations to keep the fields growing and prospering.

Regards
DL

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If I understand correctly, the OP is basically posing this question:

Is any specific government responsible for any current global drug-crisis? If not directly responsible, then either by aiding and abetting criminals in order to make corrupt gains..

Gnostic Christian

If I understand correctly, the OP is basically posing this question:

Is any specific government responsible for any current global drug-crisis? If not directly responsible, then either by aiding and abetting criminals in order to make corrupt gains..
The question can be put in many ways.

What is your answer?

Regards
DL

Locormus

The question can be put in many ways.

What is your answer?

Regards
DL

The answer is that I don't believe in these kinds of conspiracies, for most countries that is. Corruption is everywhere, but the degree in which is often vastly overstated especially with regards to this topic.

Gnostic Christian

The answer is that I don't believe in these kinds of conspiracies, for most countries that is. Corruption is everywhere, but the degree in which is often vastly overstated especially with regards to this topic.
I cannot ignore the dismal arrest record.

If we are at a Drug War, we have lost it a long time ago.

Regards
DL

Locormus

I cannot ignore the dismal arrest record.

If we are at a Drug War, we have lost it a long time ago.

Regards
DL

Who's 'we'?

Edit: And why does that response warrant an 'angry' emoji?

Last edited:

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious

Other than Governments, who has the power to run the world’s drugs cartels, and have it’s kingpins to never get caught?

You?

Regards
DL
I came back to this board after a long time, and I noticed you made a bunch of topics that were closed for being terrible. I'm wondering why this topic hasn't been closed yet. Governments are like drug cartels because governments can run drug cartels?

Gnostic Christian

I came back to this board after a long time, and I noticed you made a bunch of topics that were closed for being terrible. I'm wondering why this topic hasn't been closed yet. Governments are like drug cartels because governments can run drug cartels?
Yes.

Few like harsh truths.

I and those get censored and banned a lot by those who do not want to know the truth.

Especially when I rail against the homophobic and misogynous religious a holes.

Have you noted how few are disagreeing with my notion?

Perhaps they left it to educate those who cannot connect dots like no arrests in our war, while ours children.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Who's 'we'?
The innocent, like you and I, who are being lied to about a drug war, where our governments head and control both armies.

We are the parents and kin of those the governments do not like.

Black in the U.S. thanks to history, less of a color focus elsewhere.

Unless you like being lied to, you are a victim.

Regards
DL

Locormus

The innocent, like you and I, who are being lied to about a drug war, where our governments head and control both armies.

We are the parents and kin of those the governments do not like.

Black in the U.S. thanks to history, less of a color focus elsewhere.

Unless you like being lied to, you are a victim.

Regards
DL

Damn, you went of the rails somewhere.. so I barfed a bit when I read 'you and I'. Let me be clear: I am not a victim - I live in the real world and am simply not part of the construct you've played out in your mind.

I know that politics isn't clean. It never was and never will be. Drugs don't affect my life. With regards to my life, I work with the cards that have been dealt and I make them work for me.

Gnostic Christian

Drugs don't affect my life.
Wow.

Are you aware of the Federal governments gag order applied against the mainstream media, --- against any good news reports on psychotropic drugs in the 90s?

Many were in courts fighting for legalization of Cannabis and all psychotropic drugs at the time and I got that from a lawyer and a newspaper article that complained.

That is kind of like the Feds mimicking the tobacco industry in trying to hide what it is doing.

I have not heard of the order being lifted.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I know that politics isn't clean. It never was and never will be. Drugs don't affect my life. With regards to my life, I work with the cards that have been dealt and I make them work for me.

Don't take this as me condoning anything else that has been stated in this thread, because it isn't, but drugs can definitely affect your life even if you personally aren't the one doing them. I know from first-hand experience. If you're lucky enough for that not to be a problem for you, that's great, but it's not always a problem that's within our control.

Status
Not open for further replies.