• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
I hate Monferno. I think Infernape is eh. Staraptor is eh. Now Torterra! To sum up the topic of this thread, Buizel will also not evolve for another reason, or it shouldnt. Think of this. Pikachu is 1'4''. This means:
Staraptor=3'11''/big.
Infernape=3'11''/big
Gliscor=6'7''(even tho they make him look tiny)/VERY BIG
Torterra=dont even get me started, of course this guy is big.
Buizel=2'4''. Buizel is the next smallest, and thus, the Pikachu playmate of the generation, it seems. If you dont count that dumb penguin...But if not, if you dont count innocent playmates into the equation, Buizel probably will evolve, and training partners will go as such.

Gliscor VS Staraptor= Both flying, aerial combat.
Infernape VS Floatzel= Both strong, both able to dish and takes hits, and they are both about the same height, and it gives Infernape even more training due to type disadvantage.
Torterra VS Pikachu= Now, there is a massive size difference BUT this is to work on Pikachu's use of other moves, as Electric attacks wont work, and in the Rise of Darkrai movie, we have seen Pikachu can Iron Tail a Torterra so hard it flips into its side.

To sum up this oxy-moronic post, I could care less if Buizel evolves. If you look at it from a kids play time view, Buizel should not evolve. If you look at it from a battler/contest thing, you will see Buizel should evolve. Now, it is up to the writers.

zeno48

Zaker!
I hate Monferno. I think Infernape is eh. Staraptor is eh. Now Torterra! To sum up the topic of this thread, Buizel will also not evolve for another reason, or it shouldnt. Think of this. Pikachu is 1'4''. This means:
Staraptor=3'11''/big.
Infernape=3'11''/big
Gliscor=6'7''(even tho they make him look tiny)/VERY BIG
Torterra=dont even get me started, of course this guy is big.
Buizel=2'4''. Buizel is the next smallest, and thus, the Pikachu playmate of the generation, it seems. If you dont count that dumb penguin...But if not, if you dont count innocent playmates into the equation, Buizel probably will evolve, and training partners will go as such.

Gliscor VS Staraptor= Both flying, aerial combat.
Infernape VS Floatzel= Both strong, both able to dish and takes hits, and they are both about the same height, and it gives Infernape even more training due to type disadvantage.
Torterra VS Pikachu= Now, there is a massive size difference BUT this is to work on Pikachu's use of other moves, as Electric attacks wont work, and in the Rise of Darkrai movie, we have seen Pikachu can Iron Tail a Torterra so hard it flips into its side.

To sum up this oxy-moronic post, I could care less if Buizel evolves. If you look at it from a kids play time view, Buizel should not evolve. If you look at it from a battler/contest thing, you will see Buizel should evolve. Now, it is up to the writers.

^I'm pretty sure the writers won't evolve it though following the pattern that they've kept.

pikapokepower

don't you think that Grovile and Sceptile look the same???

and Buizel is weak in defence. If he evolves, Floatzel can use the blue ring in his body to protect himself from any strong attack.

Floatzel can learn Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang. Buizel can't.

Definitely Agreed!

Not that i dont love buizel, but ash would be better off with floatzel because it has more possibilities for moves.

zeno48

Zaker!
Definitely Agreed!

Not that i dont love buizel, but ash would be better off with floatzel because it has more possibilities for moves.

The same thing could have happened with his previous water pokes but they choose not to evolve becayse they were already strong.

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
They are given a choice, but reject it. Usually, they either see or here or find out some way of Pikachu's triumph over a Raichu, and thus, take inspiration from that, and dont evolve.

zeno48

Zaker!
They are given a choice, but reject it. Usually, they either see or here or find out some way of Pikachu's triumph over a Raichu, and thus, take inspiration from that, and dont evolve.

No, they just choose not too.

zeno48

Zaker!
Right, I am pretty sure I JUST SAID THAT. Read all the way. They choose not to, or REJECT IT.

I think the real reason is that it's just a pattern. I get what you are saying but the writers imo have no motivation to evolve his water pokemon.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
His grass Pokemon always evolve and his water pokemon just don't.

only his flying pokemon always evolve.
Ash had Bulbasaur, Grotle and Sceptile as a grass pokemon.
Ash had Cyndaquil, Monferno, Charizard as a fire pokemon.

as you can see Ash had a pokemon from every stage of fire and Grass types. there is no reason for the writer to keep Ash's water pokemon on their first stage especially Totodile and Buizel.

the writer must break the pattern you are talking about starting from this generation.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
As much as I'd like Buizel to evolve, I highly doubt he would. I think it's his character design... or maybe the fact that I just really like Buizel but don't care for Floatzel. Sadly, though, Buizel doesn't have much of an interesting movepool, so there isn't a lot of room for expansion. Ice Fang really won't go far, and Ice Beam is overused. There's Razor Wind for a last ditch move, but that's generally what Water Pulse is saved for. If more thought is put into switching in the anime, Pursuit has some promise. Otherwise, there's just Swift, which would have seen use already as it's fairly common.

buizel kid

what episode does chimchar evolvein?

PamperedPersian1

Buizel really does need to evolve, especially after quickly being defeated by the bear on steroids, the purple balloon, almost being defeated by the bloated fire cannon and Steelix, of all Pokemon. I don't even think it's a move problem... at least not in the anime... Pokemon that use weak moves like Buizel seem to be compensated by them blowing up and causing mass destruction... Anyway, my rant aside, even though it really needs to evolve, I don't think it will because, like so many other Pokemon, it defeated its evolution and "proved" it's "strong" without evolving... blah-blah-blah... in other words, it's the next Meowth/Pikachu/Piplup.... Great... Because we really need another one...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
^I'm pretty sure the writers won't evolve it though following the pattern that they've kept.
I think the real reason is that it's just a pattern. I get what you are saying but the writers imo have no motivation to evolve his water pokemon.

Jesus...there is NO pattern! The writers will evolve a Pokemon if they believe it'll get better ratings than the pre-evolutionary form...Lets look at the usual 5 (Pikachu, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying) for example.

Pikachu - The mascot, wouldn't evolve anyway
Charizard - More popular than Charmander and much more popular than Charmeleon.
Squirtle - More popular than both of its evolutionary forms.
Bulbasaur - Same as Squirtle
Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - Pidgey was bypassed, most likely because it wasn't as popular. Pidgeotto and Pidgeot however, were both popular.
Bayleef - The whole line was very popular, so they could do whatever they wanted with Chikorita.
Cyndaquil - Probably the most popular out of its evolutionary line. Also cute and marketable.
Totodile - Same as Cyndaquil.
Noctowl - Hoot-hoot was bypassed, probably because it wasn't very popular.
Sceptile - The whole line was very popular. They could do as they liked with this.
Corphish - A LOT more popular and marketable than Crawdaunt.
Torkoal - Couldn't evolve anyway. But was probably the most popular fire type of the region, other than Blaziken.
Swellow - Was more popular than its pre-evolutionary form, Taillow.
Monferno - The whole line is popular, they can do as they please with this.
Grotle - Pretty much the same as Monferno.
Buizel - This is the odd one...It's more popular than Floatzel, but there is still a big possibility of it evolving.
Staraptor - Starly was quickly rushed to Staravia, probably because it was not very popular. Since both Staravia and Staraptor were popular, they could do as they pleased.

Tell me, do you really think that if the evolution of Ash's next water type is very popular, they'll still refuse to evolve it due to an imaginary pattern thought up by some delusional kids?

thunderblade12

You have to think like the writers and understand the purpose of this show. This show is mostly about promoting the games and merchendise.

If you think the writers just go about everything with some pattern you must think they're extremely lazy and not creative at all.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
only his flying pokemon always evolve.
Ash had Bulbasaur, Grotle and Sceptile as a grass pokemon.
Ash had Cyndaquil, Monferno, Charizard as a fire pokemon.

as you can see Ash had a pokemon from every stage of fire and Grass types. there is no reason for the writer to keep Ash's water pokemon on their first stage especially Totodile and Buizel.

the writer must break the pattern you are talking about starting from this generation.

You forgot that Ash had Bayleef.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
I would really like to see Buizel evolve, and I think he deserves it, but I honestly beleive that it won't happen. As stated before, it really comes down to how popular or marketable a particular Pokemon/Evolutionary Line is, and Buizel is MUCH more marketable than it's evolution. In my opinion, it's not the "strong and proud" personality that's holding him back, it's his marketability.

Rampardo

I would really like to see Buizel evolve, and I think he deserves it, but I honestly beleive that it won't happen. As stated before, it really comes down to how popular or marketable a particular Pokemon/Evolutionary Line is, and Buizel is MUCH more marketable than it's evolution. In my opinion, it's not the "strong and proud" personality that's holding him back, it's his marketability.

...Chimchar is way more popular and marketable than Monferno. And what happened not so long ago? Chimchar evolved.

That theory of yours doesn't work.

Well now people are finding patterns to prove why some of Ash's pokemon never evolved. I think even if we get the right pattern we won't be able to conclude who will evolve in future and who may not.

dman_dustin

...Chimchar is way more popular and marketable than Monferno. And what happened not so long ago? Chimchar evolved.

That theory of yours doesn't work.

And we know this...how?

I say Infernape is more popular than Chimchar, and how does a Chimchar become an Infernape?

I think unless you have proof a Pokemon is more marketable than it's evolutions or pre-evolutions then you shouldn't state things as fact. Because its just a matter of opinion. I can understand how cute Pokemon could be more marketable, but that doesn't explain why some Pokemon who aren't exactly "cute" are much more popular than the rest of their evolutionary line (who are probably cuter).