• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

Alloute

Not Banned
Some of use just think that Buizel is fine the way he is.

Even though he is the weakest in Ash's team, it would ruin the chemistry.

Buizelster

I wouldn't say Buizel's the weakest.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I cannot think of any other Pokemon that is weaker than him.

He only knows Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Water Pulse and SonicBoom :/

Only 2 type of moves

All of Ash's water types only know Water and Normal type moves

Squirtle: Water Gun, Bubble, Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, Tackle

TotoDile:Water Gun, Scray Face, Scratch, Tackle

Corphish: ViceGrip, Harden, Crabhammer, Bubblebeam

Kingler: Vicegrip, Stomp, Crabhammer, Hyper Beam, Bubble

so when it came to moves the only exception where Corphish's Dig (which it never used outside of it's debut) and Lapras's Ice Beam so I don't tink that's a legit excuse

Though I do think Buizel evolving would be cool and it would make it alot Faster

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I cannot think of any other Pokemon that is weaker than him.

He only knows Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Water Pulse and SonicBoom :/

Only 2 type of moves

Well if he learns a new move or two, probably Ice Punch and Waterfall, then I don't see why Buizel should evolve. It has proved that it does have the strength to go against opponents, but it has always lacked that special move to finish things off.
As a Floatzel, it will of course have more power but I doubt it will have the same amount of speed as it has right now as a Buizel.
Overall, I'd say that Buizel doesn't need to evolve, however it does need something to boost it, whether that eventually will be evolution or not.

thunderblade12

I'm not saying that Buizel will evolve but, no one can use the following excuses for it not to evolve:

1. He is strong the way he is.
Yeah? And so was Chimchar
2. He is a loner/rebelious pokemon.
Charmeleon and Treecko were too
3. He is a water type
There are no patterns when it comes to evolution. Squirtle was part of the Squirtle Squad, The writers sucked in Johto and neglected Totodile completely, and Corphish stuck around for comic value.
4. He doesn't fit Ash
See the question below for irony
5. He looks the same as Buizel, what would be the point of evolving it?
A more versatile move pool, more strength, more defense, and more speed. New strategies are sure to come from it's expanded floatation sac too.
6. There is no time
Considering the writers have been evolving Ash's pokemon at a pace of every 15-20 episodes since DP85 there's probably time for not only Buizel to evolve, but Grotle or Monferno too

An00bis

Wicked Witch
A more versatile move pool

The writers will give a Pokemon any move they want including moves a Pokemon can't learn, ever. Yes ... they've even done this in Sinnoh.

New strategies are sure to come from it's expanded floatation sac too.

That's the weakest argument for evolution I've ever seen. Even if Ash does use it (Buizel used his current floatie like twice) I don't see it as being a staple in his Floatzel's defense. Even if it was that's still a cruddy defensive measure that Ash already got around, mind you.

If Ash managed to defeat a Floatzel using that technique why couldn't Paul?

serenaballerina

I agree with Buizelster. Buizel's personality is similar to Pikachu's when it comes to evolving. Buizel would rather stay the way he is and get stronger than evolve. Buizel was pretty satisfied when he went up against Wake's Floatzel and won. If Buizel ever does evolve, it won't be anytime soon. Maybe during one of the filler seasons.

Alloute

Not Banned
You have slow-as-molasses Grotle, and also somewhat-shunned Pikachu. Either one could be viewed weaker than Buizel, Your Mileage May Vary

Grotle is an evolved form, I consider all evolved forms to be stronger than most basic Pokemon like Buizel.

Pikachu still has some power, he is just not as strong in Sinnoh.

Buizel is just a little too weak for my taste right now.

P.S. I haven't seen you around lately :/

thunderblade12

The writers will give a Pokemon any move they want including moves a Pokemon can't learn, ever. Yes ... they've even done this in Sinnoh.

That's the weakest argument for evolution I've ever seen. Even if Ash does use it (Buizel used his current floatie like twice) I don't see it as being a staple in his Floatzel's defense. Even if it was that's still a cruddy defensive measure that Ash already got around, mind you.

I wasn't arguing that it would evolve. I was just arguing against those 6 specific reasons given for it not to evolve. I can see it going either way now, maybe it will evolve, maybe it won't.

Don't know why but everyone here still thinks that Ash has got only one rival and thats Paul. I think there are a lot more stronger trainers waiting for him at the league. I am not saying Ash should use that floating sac techmique if Buizel evolves but still it was a nice technique at wakes gym.

If the writers don't want to evolve him then they should probably give him some new moves of different types specifically Ice type so it could counter grass types. And if he evolve then he is supposed to learn ice fang.

Captain Brain

The way I see it going down is after whatever emotional/training trauma Ash recovers from, he trains Buizel who subsequently evolves and learns a new move due to that. This would not only give Buizel a stronger move-pool but a power-up at the same time. The disadvantage lies in that too much could development in so little time might seem a tad unrealistic or merely a cop-out. ;025;

Buizelster

I agree with Buizelster. Buizel's personality is similar to Pikachu's when it comes to evolving. Buizel would rather stay the way he is and get stronger than evolve. Buizel was pretty satisfied when he went up against Wake's Floatzel and won. If Buizel ever does evolve, it won't be anytime soon. Maybe during one of the filler seasons.

Thank you.

Buizel is fine as is, but how about this argument then? Buizel is very stubborn like bulbasaur was, and bulbasaur never wanted to evolve either. So then why should Buizel evolve when he probably believes he doesn't need too?

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
The storyline with Paul/Barry vs Ash looks like its heading in a "evolve/get strong as quickly as possible" vs "find your own strength at your own pace" sort of thing, so I actually expect to see all of Ash's Pokemon evolve and possibly all reach their final evolutionary stages. Ash has been losing to Paul every time so far because Paul is indeed ahead of Ash in terms of raw power. But when Ash finally catches up to Paul, taking his time will have made all the difference and he'll finally overcome Paul (although with how badly Ash has been losing, it'll seem more like a lucky break than Ash finally topping Paul).

MEGA SPOILERS!!!

From what I saw on YouTube of the recent episodes in Japan, Ash loses to Paul big time, only KOing one of Paul's Pokemon o_O. That's really disappointing to me, and while I still think it's okay for Paul to be better than Ash at this point, I don't think there should be that huge a difference.

bigtukker

I would go for an Ice-Fang attack for Buizel.
In that case he could hold its own against strong enemies like Torterra and Garchomp

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wasn't arguing that it would evolve.

Sorry. I didn't mean to directed towards you. I was trying to add more detail to the reasoning.

I'd say no to evolution because the arguments I've heard in its favor are weak, basically.

Don't know why but everyone here still thinks that Ash has got only one rival and thats Paul.

Paul is Ash's main Rival. Barry / Nando / Random League Trainer / Whoever don't matter as much compared to him. Once Ash beats Paul he pretty much finished his storyline for Sinnoh.

I think there are a lot more stronger trainers waiting for him at the league.

There will be but he won't beat them. He'll likely come apart before the Finals like he always does in the League.

Shadow XD001

It's just so annoying how people think Buizel will evolve. A better move set is what Buizel needs. just because Ash's other sinnoh Pokemon evolve doesn't Buizel will. Seriously.

Buizel can only evolve after volkner gym. It would be stupid to use buizel\floatzel against volkner. GF arc is the best time for buizel to evolve.