• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

Darkxninga

I think he needs to evolve, it needs to learn more attacks and get stronger. But Ash shouldnt have a whole team (does not include Pikachu we all know why) of final evos. I do like buizel but it needs to be a floatzel and do some damage out there.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Bruizel is essentially unique and different in personality than any of ash's other water pokemon

How is Buizel unique?

Squirtle is a leader and Corphish has an awesome aggressive personality but Buizel looks normal to me!

Ash never evolved his water pokemon so If Buizel evolves, Floatzel will be unique.

STICKTOPIA

How is Buizel unique?

Squirtle is a leader and Corphish has an awesome aggressive personality but Buizel looks normal to me!

Ash never evolved his water pokemon so If Buizel evolves, Floatzel will be unique.
don't forget about krabby it evolved.

thunderblade12

thunderblade12 haven't u seen that buizel hasn't been doing so well in battles lately?

It lost one gym battle and lost to Paul, just like all of Ash's pokemon. It's not as terrible as everyones making it out to be. As soon as a pokemon loses one battle they go from 'overused powerhouses' to 'weakest member of Ash's team.' -Sigh- I guess if Monferno is used against Volkner and loses without getting a single win about threads "Is Monferno Weak?" threads will be created.

Besides, even if it was weak how does that mean it won't evolve? There's no such thing as experience and levels in the anime. Gligar and Starly barely had any battles before they evolved.

Pokemon probably evolve the same way they learn new attacks in the anime. They train/battle and build up their body to a point where it can handle going through such an immediate change. Evolution probably takes up a lot of energy and they just have to get strong enough to have enough energy to evolve.

Last edited:

jmk3190

I'll admit everyone is making a big deal over that one loss against Byron's Steelix but I at least Buizel should've got one attack in the battle.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
... Kingler. I'll say it again for naysayers. Kingler.

And now I'll say this: Kingler was never part of Ash's main team. Squirtle was.

Now that that's out of the way:

I don't think that Buizel is as weak as it's made out to be. It could certainly use some new moves to take it back on par with the rest of Ash's partially- or fully-evolved team. While an evolution would be nice, I see the "main Water-type curse" too, so I think that all Buizel needs is some new moves to get back in the game.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
don't forget about krabby it evolved.

Krabby wasn't Ash'es main water poke though,Squirtle was. =/

Edit: Tadashi beat me. ;-;

Anyways I see no chance of Buizel evolving they would'nt break the tradition of having the water poke evolve.

thunderblade12

Buizel's only true loss was against Byron. Even that can partially be blamed on strategy. Byron lauched a barrage of attacks and never allowed Buizel to strike back. First it had to hold it's ears in pain due to screech, then it was tied up and tossed and it finally took a powerful iron tail right in the skull.

The battle against Lanturn was a contest battle. The only reason Buizel "lost" was because Ash is no coordinator. When the time ran out Ash's points were lower than Kyle's. Buizel was dominating in the battle and would have won had there not been a time limit even though it had a disadvantage.

And the battle against Paul is reasonable. It managed to stand up to both Magmortar and Ursaring for quite a while.

STICKTOPIA

Krabby wasn't Ash'es main water poke though,Squirtle was. =/

Edit: Tadashi beat me. ;-;

Anyways I see no chance of Buizel evolving they would'nt break the tradition of having the water poke evolve.
but he said none of ash's water pokemon evolved

STICKTOPIA

ok i get ur point thunderblade12 but i still think it needs to evolve. ice fang would be a great move for it.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
I like buizel the way he is.....its evolve form well to be honest is suck...
I think everyone will be better off that he won't evolve

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
No

Buizel fits Ash, but Floatzel doesn't I can't Picture him battling with a Floatzel, but saying that it does need to Evolve.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
If Buizel will only get a new moveset, you probably want to include an Ice-type move.
These are all Ice-type moves Buizel can learn:
Hail (TM)
Ice Beam (TM)
Blizzard (TM)
Icy Wind (Plat. MT)
Ice Punch (Plat. MT)
Personally, I don't see any of those used by Ash's Buizel.
Floatzel, however, gets Ice Fang on evolution, and it isn't a random TM or Move Tutor GameFreak decided to give Buizel just because he's a Water-type even though it doesn't really fit.

If he does evolve, I hope the writers realize he's the fastest Water-type (along with Starmie), and that he's even faster in water (Swift Swim).

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I certainly hope it evoles. Even though it might be weird seeing him with a Floatzel at first I can see it working out well. Aftterall Buizel seems to have pretty much reached it limit in its current form, I just don't see what Ash can teach it to bring it back up to his powerful status.

zeno48

Zaker!
I think buizel will not evolve because it's already strong. It defeated lucario and it can hold it's grown. I think the chain of water pokemon not evolving will continue.

thunderblade12

Thing is, Chimchar was already strong too. Treecko and many others were all strong and didn't really "need" to evolve

Being strong doesn't necessarily confirm a pokemon isn't going to evolve.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
There's plenty of time for Buizel to evolve. I still think that he'll evolve at the GF. I mean, we've had an evolution/capture (Glalie and Aipom) for Ash every GF so far, so I think the streak will continue at this one. And people keep saying that Buizel is just like Ash's other Water Pokemon, but I think it's more like Charizard and Sceptile. It's a little bit of a loner, and it seems to love power and trains a lot. I think it'll evolve so that Ash has a team of fully evolved powerhouses of each of the three main types.

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
Floatzel is probably one of my most favourite Pokemon ever, so i definatly want him with one. It will be able to get new moves and become stronger.

And to the guy's talking about Kingler, it's hardly EVER been used and is very weak IMO. So really we should be saying "All of of Ash's strong/main water types never evolve".

zeno48

Zaker!
Thing is, Chimchar was already strong too. Treecko and many others were all strong and didn't really "need" to evolve

Being strong doesn't necessarily confirm a pokemon isn't going to evolve.

Unless they refuse to evolve for whatever reason and i think buizel despite gaining more out of evolving will not go down that path. The writers will not bother evolving his water pokes anymore.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I don't see why eveyone is using that flotation sac excuse. If its so strong, how is it that Ash was able to get around that? Thats a lame excuse for it evolving

I think Buizel is ok the way it is. It has won and lost battles, just like the rest of Ash's other Pokemon. All it needs is a new move and it will be back at kick butt status like it used to.