• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

thunderblade12

Thing is, Chimchar took down strong pokemon too...

Staraptor, Ursaring, Drifblim, Mismagius, Steelix, and Abomasnow.

All of which are stronger than the average Monferno(game wise). Chimchar really didn't need to evolve either.

Just because Buizel defeated Wake's Floatzel it doesn't mean he is stronger than every Floatzel.

I'm not saying Buizel needs to, I'm just saying there's no reason to count it out just yet.

magicallypuzzled

lol just give up already no ones going to convince the patternist that there isn't a pattern. not even the writters can do it every time they do disprove a pattern the patternist just go well the pattern wasn't what we thought but there was still a pattern there.

mark my words when the writters get around to making a main water type pokemon evolve. the patternist will say theres a pattern of one in every three water pokemon evolving and that no others can evolve till that time. and so on and so on it never ends with them. though i do love it when they have to admitt that they got the wrong pattern every time a writer screws their's up.

zeno48

Zaker!

All of which are stronger than the average Monferno(game wise). Chimchar really didn't need to evolve either.

Just because Buizel defeated Wake's Floatzel it doesn't mean he is stronger than every Floatzel.

I'm not saying Buizel needs to, I'm just saying there's no reason to count it out just yet.

It was a gym leaders pokemon, not just any wild floatzel out there but that's not the point. Chimchar evolving was an exellent move imo since it will foreshadow Paul's defeat and it didn't need to but it will continue to grow stronger. I think at this point it's highly unlikely.

lucario750

pokemon master
why do anyone want buizel to elvolved

Brave Birdy

I wouldn't say that Buizel needs to evolve to be stronger, he just needs some new moves that aren't water types. Possibly Ice Punch?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
In this saga they are pushing Ash to become stronger through Paul.

Ash wants to show Paul that he could turn weak pokemon into powerhouses. I think there's a specific reason they had three of Ash's pokemon evolve right in front of Paul.

To prove Ash's point they might just evolve his entire team (with the exception of Pikachu)

Pikachu, Grotle, Infernape, Floatzel, Staraptor, and Gliscor seems likely

Yeah, that seems like a real good reason. I think Buizel will evolve into Floatzel to become stronger unless so many ppl like buizel that they would stop watching the show if he evolves.

dman_dustin

Yeah, that seems like a real good reason. I think Buizel will evolve into Floatzel to become stronger unless so many ppl like buizel that they would stop watching the show if he evolves.

I kind of doubt a majority of the viewers solely watch the show just for Buizel. Buizel might be popular but I don't think it's nearly as popular as the rest of the Pokemon.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Now that I think about it, I think Buizel should evolve. Of course, it will get like 2 episodes of good battling and then not be shown again.

zeno48

Zaker!
Now that I think about it, I think Buizel should evolve. Of course, it will get like 2 episodes of good battling and then not be shown again.

Where did you get that after evolving it won't be shown again?

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Where did you get that after evolving it won't be shown again?

I think because Monferno didn't do anything since he evolved.

Except Staraptor the writer always waits so long to develop the new evolution.

but who cares about them in filler episodes? I want Paul to open his mouth when he sees Floatzel and Infernape and Torterra (why not) with Ash in the league.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I think because Monferno didn't do anything since he evolved.

Just give it some time I am pretty sure Monferno will be doing alot soon because he gots the league and then the filler arc, and if Buizel evolves, it doesnt mean it wont do nothing right after it evolves. I bet he will be doing alot if he evolves.

Ampy

Light The Stars
No offense, but Ash sucks at training if it hasn't evolved yet -_-, mine usually evolves by Pastoria city (when I use Buizel), and I really like Floatzel, and it would be a big help to him, so yes he should evolve

Noheart

The Abysswalker
No offense, but Ash sucks at training if it hasn't evolved yet -_-, mine usually evolves by Pastoria city (when I use Buizel), and I really like Floatzel, and it would be a big help to him, so yes he should evolve

Games =/= Animé. In the animé, Buizel could evolve to Floatzel at level 99.

I just like it as Buizel. If it evolves, I'm gonna miss the "BUI BUI!"

Torpoleon

When Ash and Dawn did the trade and Ash had Buizel, I didn't think it needed to evolve, because it was not used a lot. After the 6th Gym, I began thinking that it might need to evolve. After it lost humiliatingly to Paul in the full battle, I realized that it should evolve to become stronger and help in future battles. Besides, it has been used in a lot of battles.

STICKTOPIA

When Ash and Dawn did the trade and Ash had Buizel, I didn't think it needed to evolve, because it was not used a lot. After the 6th Gym, I began thinking that it might need to evolve. After it lost humiliatingly to Paul in the full battle, I realized that it should evolve to become stronger and help in future battles. Besides, it has been used in a lot of battles.
yea i agree. the last battle buizel did well in was the 1 against fantina. it really really needs to evolve from what i see. it just isnt showing that strength it had in the episode dawn caught it.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

Monferno = Fighting Moves.

Camus

ice age
and Floatzel = ice moves...

btw, buizel was...ok for the first part of the saga, battling small first/second stage pokemon...now's the time to evolve and compete equal as a third stage like magmortar or a strong 2° stage like ursaring

thunderblade12

^ That's true.

Although, even if it didn't gain any new moves through evolution all pokemon gain something from it.

Buizel would get a boost in speed and power if nothing else. It's new body would also help Ash develop better strategies. He could use the inflation sack as a defense just like Wake did. Knowing Ash he'd probably improve Wake's strategy a bit by adding something to it