• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

thunderblade12

If Ash keeps Buizel on his team throughout the filler arc I think it should learn rain dance and blizzard.

Rain dance for the speed AND power boost. And as we've seen with Rhyperior's rock polish, Ursaring's bulk up and guts, and Chimchar's blaze, power up moves are exaggerated in the anime. Buizel would be moving like Sonic the Hedgehog due to swift swim and it's water gun, aqua jet, and water pulse would all become ultra deadly.

As for blizzard, it's an ice attack which would add type variety to Ash's team and allow Buizel to create ice-aqua jets at will. Like rain dance it'd be a two for one deal for Buizel. Not to mention blizzard has high attack power in the game so maybe that'll get people to quit complaining that Buizel's moveset sucks. I really don't see how people still take the in game power values so seriously after seeing moves like bind and fire spin in the anime but meh..

JD

We havent really seen monferno gliscor and buizle for awhile I think Buizle does have the potential to evolve and get some league wins if it does and gliscor could do the same then they could get oaked but they probably wont evolve him in the league maybe the grand festival.

STICKTOPIA

If Ash keeps Buizel on his team throughout the filler arc I think it should learn rain dance and blizzard.

Rain dance for the speed AND power boost. And as we've seen with Rhyperior's rock polish, Ursaring's bulk up and guts, and Chimchar's blaze, power up moves are exaggerated in the anime. Buizel would be moving like Sonic the Hedgehog due to swift swim and it's water gun, aqua jet, and water pulse would all become ultra deadly.

As for blizzard, it's an ice attack which would add type variety to Ash's team and allow Buizel to create ice-aqua jets at will. Like rain dance it'd be a two for one deal for Buizel. Not to mention blizzard has high attack power in the game so maybe that'll get people to quit complaining that Buizel's moveset sucks. I really don't see how people still take the in game power values so seriously after seeing moves like bind and fire spin in the anime but meh..
Blizzard huh? I really see it with Ice Fang.

STICKTOPIA

Buizel with Ice Fang would really be cool, but one thing is in the way.

It can't learn Ice Fang!

Anyway, Buizel with Ice Punch would be cool. Aqua Jet first and then Ice Punch, making SuperBuizel! Fail at being funny, but Ice Punch is different from the other attacks, you know what I'm saying?
I was referring to floatzel lol.

Buizel with Ice Fang would really be cool, but one thing is in the way.

It can't learn Ice Fang!

Anyway, Buizel with Ice Punch would be cool. Aqua Jet first and then Ice Punch, making SuperBuizel! Fail at being funny, but Ice Punch is different from the other attacks, you know what I'm saying?

well this refers to same thing I say again and again Anime=\= Games. We shouldn't compare them.

And Thunderblade how can Buizel prepare Ice Aqua jet from a Blizzard where it is a move where wheather turns into Blizzard consisting of snow obviously while in ice beam pokemon attacks with ice.

dudleyspud

Master of Disguise
In my opinion, Buizel really needs to evolve due to the 'dry streak' it has recently been going through. It has been losing battle after battle and is now rarely being used by Ash, in a similar way to which Grotle was unused until it managed to control it's new weight.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Nah I still think Buizel can go on without evolving. At least Totodile deserves to evolve before Buizel in any case, and it wont seem fair if Buizel evolved.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Put it this way... If Buizel doesn't evolve, then it NEEDS a move. Ice Punch would be perfect, as it could then pull off an Ice Aqua Jet without the assistance of another Pokemon.

STICKTOPIA

In my opinion, Buizel really needs to evolve due to the 'dry streak' it has recently been going through. It has been losing battle after battle and is now rarely being used by Ash, in a similar way to which Grotle was unused until it managed to control it's new weight.
Exactly what I'm saying.

Put it this way... If Buizel doesn't evolve, then it NEEDS a move. Ice Punch would be perfect, as it could then pull off an Ice Aqua Jet without the assistance of another Pokemon.

Why teach it a old move when it can evolve and learn a gen 4 move ice fang. They will always try to give gen 4 moves more preference.

STICKTOPIA

Wait a min how can it pull off an ice aqua jet like that???

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Well I like Buizel's moveset the way it is, but I guess an Ice Aqua Jet on its own would be great.

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
I think that Buizel dosent need to evolve as its proved itself on many ocassions.;418;

But so far Ash has only used that ice aqua jet at the wallace cup. I'm in favor of buizel not evolving because its cuter than a floatzel and is a fairly good battler. But like people said before, it really needs another move, preferably a non-water type move.

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
But so far Ash has only used that ice aqua jet at the wallace cup. I'm in favor of buizel not evolving because its cuter than a floatzel and is a fairly good battler. But like people said before, it really needs another move, preferably a non-water type move.

It's used Ice Aqua Jet at Pastoria Gym and some other place i can't remember i think. >_<

RukarioX

Lucario Trainer
I don't think it will evolve, it would be cool if it did, and the pokemon league would be in for a hard time, but the chain is suggesting it will not

calum

Banned
Buizel doesnt need to evolve.

If Pikachu manages to beat Onix and co with Thundershock, Buizel can beat anything

STICKTOPIA

It goes into an Aqua Jet and sticks its paw out forwards for an Ice Punch, thus freezing the water. Simple.
Easier said than done... and as for u calum, when was the last time buizel did well in a battle?