• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Lol I was just going to say that it done well...one hundred -give or take- episodes ago, when I realise that I think the last good battle was probably against Maylene.

STICKTOPIA

Lol I was just going to say that it done well...one hundred -give or take- episodes ago, when I realise that I think the last good battle was probably against Maylene.
Basically the last battle that it won was the 1 against Fantina's Gengar.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd like Buizel not to evolve.It kind of suits him prideful character,like Pikachu not evolving

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Basically the last battle that it won was the 1 against Fantina's Gengar.

Which wasn't in a way some sort of formidable opponent. Hence I do believe that unless Buizel learns a new move, powerful one that is, he will be unable to cope with the standard of the Pokemon League. Hence its need to evolve. Although to be honest I can't see this coming.

And a couple of good battles right now!
It was impressive and it sweeped everything, almost.
Got used a lot and got bashed by almost everyone for being overused.
Now it's not so very often used.

I hope that Buizel stars in the Gible episode. Kinda like the Pokemon being used to catch it.
Which actually makes sense, because Pikachu is no good.

Wouldn't it be better if they used Buizel instead of Monferno in Tag Battle. He seem to have developed a rivalry against Totodile

Buizel doesnt need to evolve.

If Pikachu manages to beat Onix and co with Thundershock, Buizel can beat anything

Can you explain a little more?

STICKTOPIA

Yes, Buizel being used would have been better.
But I like that Monferno is shown with the Johto Starters.
They could have made Buizel get a rivalry with Totodille, since he don't have any rivalry.
buizel and totodile do have a rivalry. in the preview it showed the 2 of them giving a mean look to each other.

thunderblade12

People say "it hasn't won a battle since Fantina's gym" like it's a bad thing.

It's only been used in one gym battle since then, Byron's. It lost that battle because Ash only made one attack command, water gun. After it failed due to screech, Byron began an onslaught of attacks that were basically impossible to dodge. Buizel couldn't dodge screech because it was in the middle of attacking, it couldn't dodge bind because it was recovering from screech, and it couldn't dodge iron tail because it had just been tossed.

It's only other important battle was against Paul. It's loss there was reasonable too. If Buizel's weak then so is Pikachu, Grotle, Gliscor, and Monferno (beating an Ursaring that had already taken 5437543743643643 hits is not impressive). Buizel did pretty well against Magmortar and Ursaring. It took a ton of hits and seemed to deal more damage against them then the rest of the pokemon they battled (Pikachu, Staraptor, and Chimchar)

As for that battle against the Zangoose, Buizel took one hit, stood up ready for more, and Ash recalled it. Hardly a loss

Rewatch the battle against Crasher Wake and you'll see how powerful Buizel is. It defeated both Quagsire and Floatzel, and no, it didn't have help from Turtwig or Pikachu. None of their attacks even hit Quagsire or Floatzel

Last edited:

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
thunderblade; all of Ash pokemon were ok but not strong. I mean they can beat GL's pokemon but they can't do anything against Paul, E4 and Frontier brains pokemon, imo.

I don't see anything good about Ice Aqua Jet strategy!!

what Buizel needs is strong defence and strong moves. it's simple! if he evolves he will get strong defence and strong attacks too.

STICKTOPIA

People say "it hasn't won a battle since Fantina's gym" like it's a bad thing.

It's only been used in one gym battle since then, Byron's. It lost that battle because Ash only made one attack command, water gun. After it failed due to screech, Byron began an onslaught of attacks that were basically impossible to dodge. Buizel couldn't dodge screech because it was in the middle of attacking, it couldn't dodge bind because it was recovering from screech, and it couldn't dodge iron tail because it had just been tossed.

It's only other important battle was against Paul. It's loss there was reasonable too. If Buizel's weak then so is Pikachu, Grotle, Gliscor, and Monferno (beating an Ursaring that had already taken 5437543743643643 hits is not impressive). Buizel did pretty well against Magmortar and Ursaring. It took a ton of hits and seemed to deal more damage against them then the rest of the pokemon they battled (Pikachu, Staraptor, and Chimchar)

As for that battle against the Zangoose, Buizel took one hit, stood up ready for more, and Ash recalled it. Hardly a loss

Rewatch the battle against Crasher Wake and you'll see how powerful Buizel is. It defeated both Quagsire and Floatzel, and no, it didn't have help from Turtwig or Pikachu. None of their attacks even hit Quagsire or Floatzel
I'm just saying how long it's been since it won a battle. I don't want to make buizel look bad or anything. Thx for reminding be about that battle against zangoose. I remembered Drowzee but not the other 1. I just don't get why Ash recalled it... BirdStaraptor that ice aqua jet is what helped buizel defeated Wake's quagsire. It also helped him in that contest even though he still lost.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Yeah, Ash doesn't like to use defence. Paul on the other hand.
Yea Paul is more into the defensive side. That's why electabuzz knows protect and light screen.

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
this discussion keeps going round in circles....yes there are people who dont want it to evolve or are dead set on it not evolving. And there are people who think it actually has a chance to evolve.

There are so many things that can make this go both ways and they have been discussed back and forth this whole time....some issues being brought up again and again.

I still feel that in order to make ash seem like a contender in the League, they are going to have buizel evolve. That way, if he actually wins the whole league OR comes in 2nd place, it wont seem as farfetched. Him having a team that involves some pretty strong (largeish) sized pokemon would make him seem like one of those stronger trainers that always show up and seem out of everyone elses league cause they have all these evolved pokemon.

Ash Having Pikachu, Grotle, Monferno, Staraptor Gliscor and Floatzel will not make him seem overly strong, It would more than likely make him seem on even playing grounds with Paul, Barry (we know hes gonna have a stacked team) and any other rivals that show up at the league in the same vain as Tyson harrison and morrison. He will have a great team that will help him get far.....its not like we are not going to have time for buizel to evolve.....and then still have monferno MAYBE evolve during the league.....going by the recent pace that was just changed we might just get that nice pace with cool non filler episodes....and even entertaining fillers....but there are no Confirmed fillers announced yet...(i say this cause we dont have summaries for them all) You cant call an episode a filler based on its title. And there seems to be an increase in the buizel using in the gible episode....so thats a sign in the right direction

thunderblade12

IMO slap rain dance and a powerful ice attack on Buizel's moveset and it'll be the strongest pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team.

We've seen how much they exaggerate these power up moves in the anime. Bulk up turning Ursaring into a physical wall? Rock polish turning the bulky Rhyperior into Sonic the Hedgehog?

If Ash used rain dance on Buizel he'd get a speed boost due to swift swim and all of it's water attacks would be made godly. It would probably be Buizel's equivalent of blaze or overgrow. As for an ice attack, it wouldn't just be for ice aqua jet it would also be for type variety.

thunderblade; all of Ash pokemon were ok but not strong. I mean they can beat GL's pokemon but they can't do anything against Paul, E4 and Frontier brains pokemon, imo

I think you're overestimating Frontier Brains a bit. Had it not been for their legendary pokemon I doubt they were much stronger than a gym leader.

As for Paul, he could probably wipe the floor with the Frontier Brains now that Brandon doesn't have his Regis. Reggie's already defeated 6 of them and only lost to Brandon because of the Regis. And since Ash defeated Reggie with his underdeveloped Sinnoh team (and this was before Ash even had 3 Sinnoh badges), I'm sure Paul is stronger than his brother and could do the same. The only pokemon that might be able to outmuscle Paul's are Charizard and Snorlax. I doubt his Hoenn pokemon would even be able to do the job, and his Johto pokemon, forget that. If Ash uses anything but those 2 pokemon then he is going to need to think up some strategy, his power won't cut it.

Bringing up the Elite 4 is rather pointless since I doubt even Charizard or Snorlax would be able to lay a finger on Cynthia's Garchomp or Lance's Dragonite.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I think Buizel is fine as it is. Floatzel just looks too sinister and kinda mean which doesn't really fit with Ash while Buizel looks cool, laid back, and somewhat charming. So I don't think it needs to evolve.

STICKTOPIA

IMO slap rain dance and a powerful ice attack on Buizel's moveset and it'll be the strongest pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team.

We've seen how much they exaggerate these power up moves in the anime. Bulk up turning Ursaring into a physical wall? Rock polish turning the bulky Rhyperior into Sonic the Hedgehog?

If Ash used rain dance on Buizel he'd get a speed boost due to swift swim and all of it's water attacks would be made godly. It would probably be Buizel's equivalent of blaze or overgrow. As for an ice attack, it wouldn't just be for ice aqua jet it would also be for type variety.

I think you're overestimating Frontier Brains a bit. Had it not been for their legendary pokemon I doubt they were much stronger than a gym leader.

As for Paul, he could probably wipe the floor with the Frontier Brains now that Brandon doesn't have his Regis. Reggie's already defeated 6 of them and only lost to Brandon because of the Regis. And since Ash defeated Reggie with his underdeveloped Sinnoh team (and this was before Ash even had 3 Sinnoh badges), I'm sure Paul is stronger than his brother and could do the same. The only pokemon that might be able to outmuscle Paul's are Charizard and Snorlax. I doubt his Hoenn pokemon would even be able to do the job, and his Johto pokemon, forget that. If Ash uses anything but those 2 pokemon then he is going to need to think up some strategy, his power won't cut it.

Bringing up the Elite 4 is rather pointless since I doubt even Charizard or Snorlax would be able to lay a finger on Cynthia's Garchomp or Lance's Dragonite.
Yea buizel would be strong like that(stronger if evolved). C'mon I think ur under estimating Charizard a bit.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu

Yeah , if Buizel could learn Rain Dance in the anime it could help him a lot because of his ability Swift Swim . Plus learning an ice type attack doesn't hurt him either :O . But i still say that Buizel is strong, we will see soon what he is made off :p.

Yea buizel would be strong like that(stronger if evolved). C'mon I think ur under estimating Charizard a bit.

Well I still think he is very strong whithout evolving so I don't think evolving will be the solution for him, all he needs is Learn some new moves .

And i know that Charizard is strong an all but thunderblade12 is right about the Charizard couldn't lay a finger on Cynthia's Garchomp or Lance's Dragonite because they have been shown to be really powerfull since they appeared and I think they have gotten much more stronger since their last appearence =P.

STICKTOPIA

jmk3190

Turtwig's Energy Ball did hit Quagsire

STICKTOPIA