• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

:::...Scizor...:::

corphish didn't volve since team aqua had it
squirtle didn't evolve so it could stay in the squirtle squad
totodile didn't evolve so it wouldn't lose it's character, i mean imagine a hyper croconaw - that would KILL ash.
what's buizel to lose?

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
To those who say it doesn't "suit" Ash, I'm pretty sure that's for the writers to decide. I don't think anyone would have pictured May with a Venusaur or Wartortle when she was first seen, nor Dawn with Mamoswine.

If Buizel evolves, I hope that it at least gets some new moves, or a slight change in its battle style - otherwise, there is no need for it to do so.

Buoydog

Buizel Fanboy
Floatzel is flat out ugly to me, so I'd like it best if Buizel stayed the way it was, but if it doesn't... bleh.

BTW, don't bust your heads trying to think of a pattern, because there is none.

STICKTOPIA

floatzl could learn new moves like surf, waterfall, ice fang, crunch
i dont see buizel doing those
wtf! my floatzel in platinum knows those same exact moves!!!!

yea buizel has to evolve.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Floatzel is flat out ugly to me, so I'd like it best if Buizel stayed the way it was, but if it doesn't... bleh.

Waterpokes has a point. Just cause you think a Pokemon is ugly is not a reason for a main character not to get it.

thunderblade12

It would be great if corphish evolves but i think it proved its strength big time.

IMO Buizel's proven it's strength even more than Corphish if we compared based on the point when Ash only had 7 badges in their respective regions.

What did Corphish really defeat? Brawly's Machop and Flannery's Magcargo and Torkoal. It it beat some random kids Sneasle in a filler or something I really don't care either, more than likely COTD #346 isn't that impressive of a trainer to gain a victory over.

In comparison, Buizel has just as many important victories. I'm not even going to count Maylene's Lucario since it had help from Chimchar and it tied with it even though taking down the overpowered, exaggerated, god-like anime version of Lucario is nothing to scoff at regardless of the circumstance but I'll omit it just so people won't complain. It defeated Fantina's Gengar and Wake's Quagsire and Floatzel. The quanity of important victories is exactly the same now how about the quality?

I'd say a Gengar would be much tougher to take down then a Machop so that's one point to Buizel. As for Flannery and Wake, not only did Corphish have a type advantage against it's opponet but Pikachu/Treecko weakened Magcargo before Corphish fought it. Torkoal used iron defense so I doubt any prior damage was done to it before Corphish entered the field but still. Buizel defeated Quagsire and Floatzel without a type advantage and without any help at all. None of Pikachu's attacks even hit Floatzel and the most damage Quagsire took was when Turtwig's energy ball just barely scratched it's side. Quagsire didn't look very effected by it so it probably only did, more or less, the same amount of damage Pikachu's attacks did against Torkoal while it was using iron defense.

We can't compared Buizel and Corphish based on Juan's gym, the Hoenn League, or the filler arc because none of that has happened yet in DP. It's not a fair comparison.

And Corphish has been good the whole region.
Not weak at one point, strong after that, and weak after that.
Buizel has been strong at one point, and weak at one point.

But I don't want Buizel to evolve, all it need is some decent major wins and a new attack.

Again, not a fair comparison. Maybe the only reason Corphish never lost was because it was never given the opportunity.

Buizel was use in four gyms straight while Corphish was only used in two gyms at this point (before Ash challenged the 8th gym leader). Ash never had to face an opponet as strong as Paul before he made it to the league so we can't say for certain how his other regional teams would have faired. If Ash's rival was Brenden in AG and they had a 6 on 6 battle before the league Corphish would have been crushed the same way Buizel was. He gets like three months to train after obtaining his last badge before the league starts remember.

In all honesty, let's assume Ash was tested by a rival as strong as Paul in each region. Do you actually think they'd fair any better than the Sinnoh team did against Paul? I'm gonna do this just because the complaints about like 60% of Ash's Sinnoh team being "weak" started since Ash's full battle against Paul

Kanto:
Full Battle Vs Gary (After Ash earns the Volcano Badge) - Ash would have been swept 0-6 because he wasn't very good back then at all and his pokemon where even worst. Pikachu didn't have it's two best attacks, iron tail or volt tackle, Bulbasaur and Squirtle weren't strong until they left his team, Pidgeoto just sucked, and Charizard was only average back then and didn't even obey Ash. He didn't have a wildcard that he kept with him for more than 20 episodes so they were all underdeveloped

Johto:
Full Battle Vs Silver (After Ash earned Pryce's badge) - Well knowing the writers in Johto he probably would have used his powered up Kanto team and won but that's beside the point. For this example he needs to use his Johto pokemon and Pikachu only. Pikachu still didn't have a good moveset, Totodile and Noctowl are amoung the worst pokemon Ash owns, and Phanphy was newly hatched. Bayleef and Cyndaquil might be able to bring something down but I wouldn't bet money on either one of them.

Hoenn:
Full Battle vs Brenden (After Ash defeats Tate and Liza) - Pikachu couldn't win with volt tackle it's not gonna win now. Aside from the battle against Roxanne Pikachu was just as bad in AG as in DP. Grovyl and Swellow might have beaten something. Torkoal was extremely weak, Snorunt was newly caught, and like I explained earlier, Corphish is no stronger than Buizel.

I think Buizel is fine as it is. Floatzel just looks too sinister and kinda mean which doesn't really fit with Ash while Buizel looks cool, laid back, and somewhat charming. So I don't think it needs to evolve.

Yeah, Gliscor doesn't look evil at all.
I think Buizel should evolve because the only Water-type Ash has ever evolved was Krabby; and I can't recall him having used Kingler since the whirl islands.

STICKTOPIA

yea dude and floatzel isn't ugly. if u want ugly go check out froslass and purUGLY

Buoydog

Buizel Fanboy
It's... weird.
Anyway, I thought the whole point of Buizel was that it was tough, but small, and that was the joke?
But... I won't make a big deal out of it. Trivial

STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA

I would also say evolving would seem more likely, but it lost to Gible and often gets recalled by Ash.

If it evolves, then it should win some more battles. Or at least, put up a fight.
I have the feeling, that Buizel might get showcasted a lot. After Team Galactic.
Sunnyshore will be his comeback!
I think it will get showcased DURING the TG arc.

Bell56

The One and Only
The most powerful attacks it can learn with out evolving are Razor Wind, Surf, Blizard, and Iron Tail. Pikachu seems to have a monopoly on Iron Tail for the group's pokemon so that is out, he already knows enough water moves so surf is not needed, Razor wind could replace sonic boom, but it still is not that powerful of a move.

STICKTOPIA

It should learn a powerfull attack, but I don;t see it evolving. Still I hope it will though.
How much you wanna bet that it'll evolve by the sinnoh gf?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
It should learn a powerfull attack, but I don;t see it evolving. Still I hope it will though.

Personally, I dont think he would learn a powerful attack unless he evolves. I know Buizel can learn some decent moves as a Buizel but I think evolving would give him a better chance at learning a new move.