• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
From the beginning of this saga, most of us thought that Buizel is strong enough to do well in the league and he doesn't need to evolve!! but sadly we were wrong!

when pokemon can beat his evolution doesn't mean that he doesn't need to evolve. maybe Wake's Floatzel is not strong or maybe he is strong but not as strong as Paul's pokemon.

Lately, Buizel was keeping lose battle after battle and you are still thinking that he doesn't need to evolve!! why?

we have to face that Buizel is not strong and he must evolve as soon as possible if he want to make Ash proud of him. otherwise, he will keep losing every battle and he will be useless against Paul's pokemon in the league.

If Buizel evolves, it will be the first time all if Ash pokemon evolve at the same region.

bui

I agree buizel need to evolve and break the curse of the main water pokemon not evolving.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No, I don't think it'll evolve.
Especialy not in Sinnoh. I think that the writers want to keep at least one pokemon of Ash, not evolve form, except Pikachu.
So there is no chance because in every region at least one of Ash's pokemon are not evolving.
What I think it's problem - that it knows only water and Normal type moves. It needs to learn another type move for the league.

milenadrg

I don't think it needs to evolove. It already defeated Floatzel, it's stronger than Floatzel and after evoloving, it's going just to change it's look, nothing else. But I think it MUST learn some new and useful attacks if Ash thinks he can ever beat Paul, that's thrue...

I WANT MY FLOWSEL DAMNIT.

Seriously, we need to see the epic use of the even more epic expandable floatation sac once more!

Miror B.

GPS:GirlPowerShip
I agree buizel need to evolve and break the curse of the main water pokemon not evolving.
Agreed.

Operation: Evolving Squirtle - Failed
Operation: Evolving Totodile - Failed
Operation: Evolving Corphish - Failed
Operation: Evolving Buizel - Pending (Succeed, please!)

Ash's water types never evolve...

I think Buizel needs to learn some better moves:
Replace Water Gun with an Ice Attack
Replace Sonice Boom with Razor Wind or a Fighting Type move.

I don't want him to evolve, he might, but I do want him to learn more moves. The water dominant moveset isn't doing him any favours.

pokefan16

umm, i don't know.. I think I rather want buizel learned a new attack than evolve... Buizel is strong after all he got defeated in some battles now because buizel isn't used much in the previous battles..

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... Kingler. I'll say it again for naysayers. Kingler.

Buizel's fine the way it is. It's just having a string of bad luck because the writers are trying to build up Chimchar / Monferno in the current and don't want the other Pokemon on Ash's team to outshine it in what's supposed to be ITS moment.

Besides the difference between Buizel and Floatzel is about a foot and a floatie. It's not like he's going to become a raptor with wings like Charmander/Charizard or a walking tank like Turtwig/Torterra. It seems like people want it to evolve for the sake of evolving ... which is silly.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master

Besides the difference between Buizel and Floatzel is about a foot and a floatie. It's not like he's going to become a raptor with wings like Charmander/Charizard or a walking tank like Turtwig/Torterra. It seems like people want it to evolve for the sake of evolving ... which is silly.

don't you think that Grovile and Sceptile look the same???

and Buizel is weak in defence. If he evolves, Floatzel can use the blue ring in his body to protect himself from any strong attack.

Floatzel can learn Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang. Buizel can't.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just Oak the damn weasle and bring out the Toto! I laugh my *** off if Ahs does this 5 episodes before the league!

cloudk

hates you.
I can't seem to picture Buizel evolving due to the regional(bye Kingler) water pokemon curse. Dosen't seem like it needs an evolution anyways, what difference will there be besides the floatation sac that probably won't get used much anyways?

Dax

Legend
I WANT FLOATZEL!:mad:

I want it to evolve. Just imagine Floatzel,Staraptor and Infernape in one team....:(

Rampardo

and Buizel is weak in defence. If he evolves, Floatzel can use the blue ring in his body to protect himself from any strong attack.

I agree. When he evolves into Floatzel he gains an incredible defensive tool: the sac. Let me quote Crasher Wake from DP83:

Ash: Floatzel's defenses are too tough!
Wake: I'll tell you. Floatzel's floatation sac can get big enough for a person to ride. Even a superstrong move like Giga Impact wouldn't have any effect either.Pretty powerful stuff, wouldn't you say?

That's why he should evolve. Not because of new moves or something like that. With this defense he wouldn't be KO'd so easily like with Steelix/Ursaring.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
0.o

Really? You really can't tell the difference between Grovyle and Sceptile and they look to much alike?

0.o

With Floatzel/Buizel it is somewhat understandable but Grovyle and Sceptile?

I didn't mean they look same in design. I meant both have the same moves and the same battle style.

cloudk

hates you.
^ Floatzel and Buizel's battle style won't be all that different either. The most obvious move Floatzel would get is Razor Wind of course, which isn't all that different from Sonicboom, since both moves have white things flying at your opponent.

Judging by Ash's regional water pokes, Water Gun and Water Pulse is bound to stay. Razor Wind would probably go over Sonicboom and yeah, basically it's only 1 move different. Same battle style too, just with an add on "armor" which probably won't get used much unless needed.

To sum it up, Floatzel and Buizel will have mostly the same moves and definitely the same battle style.

dman_dustin

I didn't mean they look same in design. I meant both have the same moves and the same battle style.

Well I was confused because An00bis was referring to actual design, and you mentioned Grovyle and Sceptile and I'm like....what?

As for the battling styles, the only one who really changed was Turtwig/Grotle (at this point, I don't care about Charmeleon/Charizard or Metapod/Butterfree, or blah this or blah that).

Even Monferno didn't add too much except its new fighting type and move (and speed).

Besides we can't really judge right now, I suppose if they gave (Floatzel) ice punch, then it could feasibly be different than Buizel. Of course we have Monferno so that would be rather pointless. Unless they create a new tactic like a spinning aqua jet with ice punch creating a mix between the two (not Ice Aqua Jet though, that requires Aqua Jet to be completely frozen, I was thinking more along the lines of only a portion of Aqua Jet frozen).
-----------------------------

As for evolution, I want Buizel to evolve, because Floatzel's kind of cool. But if Ash whips Buizel back into shape its not that necessary. I think Ash needs to work on Buizel's defense. It's attack strength is fine, but when talking about stamina, it's pretty weak.

I suppose evolution would give it better defenses.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Buizel's fine the way it is. It's just having a string of bad luck because the writers are trying to build up Chimchar / Monferno in the current and don't want the other Pokemon on Ash's team to outshine it in what's supposed to be ITS moment.

... Main Team. I'll say it again just for you. Main Team.

I'd seriously love for both Monferno and Buizel to evolve, but I can only see one...and with the beating Monferno just took, it needs to go to the top.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I agree, dman, I'd like to see Buizel evolve but it's not necessary. With a bit of training and a few new moves, he could be and will be as strong as any Floatzel. He'll only be evolving for the sake of it.

ShinyCharyZard, I would also rather have Infernape than Floatzel.