• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

victreebel007

I don't think it needs to evolove. It already defeated Floatzel, it's stronger than Floatzel and after evoloving, it's going just to change it's look, nothing else. But I think it MUST learn some new and useful attacks if Ash thinks he can ever beat Paul, that's thrue...

My thoughts exactly

thesml89

id prefer buizel to evolve for the sole reason of breaking the water type non-evolution trend. i think ash has time for one more evolution before the sinnoh league. chimchar just evolved so i dont think monferno will evolve. besides pikachu, buizel is the only unevolved pokemon on ash's team. i think it would be nice for ash to have a team of evolutions this region, besides pikachu of course.

victreebel007

What is it with people and "trends", there are NO trends in evolution, Buizel is fine the way it is end of story. It has had a few loses big deal, doesn't mean it is weak and needs to evolve to gain strength, it has just had tougher opponents.

thesml89

What is it with people and "trends", there are NO trends in evolution, Buizel is fine the way it is end of story. It has had a few loses big deal, doesn't mean it is weak and needs to evolve to gain strength, it has just had tougher opponents.

maybe not a trend, more of a pattern. only kingler of ash's water types has evolved and it was very underused. id like buizel to evolve because floatzel is really cool and its a shame to not see ash with one just because the writers refuse to evolve his water types.

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
hey!!!!! buisel already proved it doesnt need to evolve!!!! remember, battle, floatsle vs. buizel!!

thunderblade12

-sigh- Every new loss means a new thread now a days.

Buizel did the best against Ursaring out of any of Ash's pokemon that went up against it AND it was the only one to go up against it without it being weakened first. Staraptor and Pikachu both got thrashed. It also dealt some damage against Magmortar...

bui

Buizel defeating Floatzel does not mean it wouldn't evolve, and Buizel wouldn't just change it looks it will obtain a new defense.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
don't you think that Grovile and Sceptile look the same???

No?

Grovyle looks smaller, thinner, and overall more streamlined then Sceptile.

Floatzel can learn Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang. Buizel can't.

It wouldn't be the first time a prevolution learned a move it normally can't or a Pokemon used an attack that no member of its line can use at all.

... Main Team. I'll say it again just for you. Main Team.

You didn't say it to me the first time I believe?

Anyhow, I just threw that out there because people seemed so certain that no water Pokemon Ash has gotten evolved when it did. You really can't say that it didn't without adding a stipulation. That is has to be on the main Team. That it had to happen before the League. That it has to be a Starter (which it isn't so it'd be a moot point to mention it anyway). They all seem like excuses to me to ignore what has already happened.

thesml89

Buizel defeating Floatzel does not mean it wouldn't evolve, and Buizel wouldn't just change it looks it will obtain a new defense.

exactly. maybe it could learn a cool move like bulk up. if memory serves wake's floatzel knew it too. iv read a lot of posts saying it wont evolve because it would essentially be the same pokemon. i don't think this is true. like you said it could gain more defense and completely change personality upon evolving.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Anyhow, I just threw that out there because people seemed so certain that no water Pokemon Ash has gotten evolved when it did. You really can't say that it didn't without adding a stipulation. That is has to be on the main Team. That it had to happen before the League. That it has to be a Starter (which it isn't so it'd be a moot point to mention it anyway). They all seem like excuses to me to ignore what has already happened.

Its more of a screentime thing. I mean he's had 4 water types on his main team that he's used for an actual region, and not one of them has evolved. Wartortle, Croconaw, Crawdaunt, or Floatzel getting to have a region's worth of screentime and actually having a chance in hell to be used in gym battles, training, and more than some DEM league win, would have/would be awesome.

I think the thing is that Ash hasn't had a water type on his main team, in an age where everyone but Pikachu evolves, its sort of disappointing.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Having Buizel evolve would be nice... The thing is going to look tiny next to all of his other Pokemon on the team! Ash rocks the most when he's packing a potential powerhouse of perfectly prime Pokemon! Who wants Shorty McBuizel when we can have Largepants Q. Floatzel?

Dax

Legend

I think what most people mean and expect is the evolution of a water pokemon that Ash carries in his main team during the whole region. That's why Kingler is not mentioned here, because Ash never had it in his main team during his quest on a region.

I hope I explained it right.:p

victreebel007

maybe not a trend, more of a pattern. only kingler of ash's water types has evolved and it was very underused. id like buizel to evolve because floatzel is really cool and its a shame to not see ash with one just because the writers refuse to evolve his water types.

Trend, pattern they are basically the same thing and neither exists.

thesml89

Trend, pattern they are basically the same thing and neither exists.

there is a pattern actually and has been since johto in two ways, team format and evolution. ash always gets the same types on his team:

pikachu
regional flyer - noctowl, swellow, staraptor
grass starter - bayleef, sceptile, grotle
fire type/starter - cyndaquil, torkoal, monferno
water type - totodile, corphish, buizel
wildcard - heracross, donphan, glalie, gliscor

so team wise there is a pattern...

now evolution wise lets have a look at the above. all the regional flyers have fully evolved and all the grass types have evolved. okay cyndaquil didn't evolve and torkoal can't. none of the water types have evolved and with the exeption of heracross who can't evolve (he makes up for it with power) all the wildcards have evolved. if you can't see a pattern here i don't know what you think the word pattern means.

this is why i think the writers should evolve buizel and mix things up a bit.

victreebel007

Obviously I knew there was a capture pattern but I was talking about evolution patterns as apart from the flying types they are more random. Im not saying they shouldn't mix things up a bit but I don't think Buizel should evolve (which is the point of this thread) nor do I think evolution patterns exist.

Also if you look the capture pattern has been around since Kanto, it was just with more wildcards.

Concept

Führer of Fun
Since when has the anime obeyed the laws that evolved pokemon are stronger? Buizel will win/lose the same matches whether it evolves or not, because the writers will write the same battles either way (with the obvious exception of the one he actually evolves in, as it seems to be a requirement that evolution mid-battle is an instant win.)

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I hope I explained it right.

I know. I know.

I just think it sounds like a convenient excuse for something that shouldn't happen just because people want to break some " pattern ". Virtually every pattern that people can think of has been broken at one point or another. This one's already happened. It doesn't need to happen again just for the sake of it happening.

Evolution isn't the end all to all problems. It just serves as a cover up for what a Pokemon is really lacking (a personality, a viable move set, personal quirks, ect).

Buizel has two of the three. Just fix its move set a little.

AerialAce^_^

I love flying types
Buizel's problem is that it has weak moves

Come one,it could learn waterfall & make a combination of Aqua Jet & Waterfall or dunno...Ice Punch,Bulk Up?