• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

Gazdust

Buizel definiteley NEEDS to learn a move or two Ice Fang, Bulk Up, even Mud-Slap would be nice. As for evolution with Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming out I'm feeling that Buizel will be Oaked to make place to Totodile so what's the point of evolving it and then to be Oaked?

Rampardo

As for evolution with Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming out I'm feeling that Buizel will be Oaked to make place to Totodile so what's the point of evolving it and then to be Oaked?

What's the point of not evolving it and then be oaked?

God... :/

Grei

not the color
Buizel should evolve, but only for defense. Just because Buizel beat it's evolution doesn't mean squat. I mean, just because it's strong enough doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be stronger.

I mean, if it's strong enough to beat it's evolution as a Buizel, how powerful could it be as a Floatzel?

And after it's defeat against Ursaring, it needs defense. Disregarding the fact that Ursaring is a total beast at just about everything, Buizel should be the strongest on Ash's team (minus Pikachu), judging by the number of wins it has.

But do I think the writers will evolve him? No. If Buizel evolves, Ash will have a semi-large Grotle, a large Staraptor, a large Floatzel, a large Gliscor, a large Infernape/semi-sized Monferno (depending on if it continues to evolve), and a bite-sized Pikachu. Ash always uses plush-toy Pokemon, and even if he's breaking the mold of "small-but-fast" teams, he still won't get a full team of complete powerhouses. Unless this is his last journey ohnoes!

Concept

Führer of Fun
Buizel should evolve, but only for defense. Just because Buizel beat it's evolution doesn't mean squat. I mean, just because it's strong enough doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be stronger.

I mean, if it's strong enough to beat it's evolution as a Buizel, how powerful could it be as a Floatzel?

And after it's defeat against Ursaring, it needs defense. Disregarding the fact that Ursaring is a total beast at just about everything, Buizel should be the strongest on Ash's team (minus Pikachu), judging by the number of wins it has.

But do I think the writers will evolve him? No. If Buizel evolves, Ash will have a semi-large Grotle, a large Staraptor, a large Floatzel, a large Gliscor, a large Infernape/semi-sized Monferno (depending on if it continues to evolve), and a bite-sized Pikachu. Ash always uses plush-toy Pokemon, and even if he's breaking the mold of "small-but-fast" teams, he still won't get a full team of complete powerhouses. Unless this is his last journey ohnoes!

Also, I still find it hilarious that people think that evolution will make it stronger. Get it into your heads; the writers will make all the battles go the same way whether it evolves or not; it'll shine through at the crucial moment, or get tossed aside easily, in exactly the same way. The only difference is that we get a bigger, uglier version of Buizel and the fanboys switch targets to "ZOMG Monferno needs to evolves !!!11one!1"

Emphasis on the bolded parts.

Shadow XD001

I don't think there needs to be an evolution with Buizel. (just Monferno) Buizel just needs a better move set. The Ice-Aqua Jet Combo is too old and Buizel had the same move set since Ash's battle against Maylene.

Sonic Boom - Razor Wind (Buizel can learn it)
Water Gun - A good Ice type move
Water Pulse (Doesn't need to be changed)
Aqua Jet (Doesn't need to be changed)

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

u guys need 2 stop using kingler as an example... it doesn't mean a thing. i KNOW buizel will evolve. im not saying this b/c it'll be stronger but i just like 2 see his pokemon evolve(except pikachu). JUST PLZ STOP USING THAT KINGLER EXAMPLE!

BM14murph

Master Collector
I don't think he will evolve and i personally like him the way he is but i do believe he needs to learn an ice attack

Ice punch would be cool

STICKTOPIA

I sure Buizel won't evolve, because they don't want to do that All of Ash's Sinnoh team will evolve.
and in BF- he will take Totodile and oaked Buizel
wat does BF stand 4? i know its not boy friend and i seriously doubt totodile will come into play...

Alloute

Not Banned
Buizel-chan does not need to evolve.

He needs to learn some new moves, so far, Water Gun, Sonicboom, and Water Pulse leave me snoring.

PikachuPower

Kind Trainer
Buizel should pump up its power with a movest more like this one:

1. Aqua Jet (this move is already good we don't need to get rid of it)
2. Ice Punch (replaces Water Gun as Buizel needs another physical attack)
3. Agility (a good defensive and offensive move that embodies Ash's fighting style and promotes Buizel's attacks)
4. Razor Wind (it doesn't necessarily have to be Razor Wind, it can be another strong normal type move.)

I think these moves would be perfect for Buizel and would make it quite a formidable opponent.

Rampardo

^ Nah that sucks, imo. Aqua Jet and Water Pulse should always be kept as they're good and entertaining attacks. Buizel/Floatzel should either 1. Upgrade Water Gun -> Hydropump or ditch it completely in favour for Ice Punch. and 2. Upgrade Sonicboom -> Razor Wind. Still, this is a bit off topic discussing attacks... But I do really want him to evolve and learn new attacks upon evolution instead. He has already learned a new attack as a Buizel (Water Pulse).

Rather than replacing Water gun with Hydro Pump it would be better to replace it with Brine. Its a fourth gen attack and would work great against weakened foes.