• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

~AussieWonder~

Ok, we all (well, most of us) want Buizel to evolve, but what what really gets me is the fact that Floatzel isnt exactly a super high leveled, rare pokemon like a starter or Milotic etc. Its a fairly common Pokemon in both anime and games, so why not?? Stop being so irritating and give Ash a fully evolved Water type in his party! (Kingler excluded)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ok, we all (well, most of us) want Buizel to evolve, but what what really gets me is the fact that Floatzel isnt exactly a super high leveled, rare pokemon like a starter or Milotic etc. Its a fairly common Pokemon in both anime and games, so why not?? Stop being so irritating and give Ash a fully evolved Water type in his party! (Kingler excluded)
It won't happen in Sinnoh that's 100% sure!
And in BF Buizel will be oaked.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
wat does BF stand 4? i know its not boy friend and i seriously doubt totodile will come into play...

Battle Frontier...

Buizel needs to evolve to get that power boost that he needs. He is considered strong, but the past gym battles say otherwise. He either needs to train harder or evolve. However training, in the pokemon world, never equals evolution in such a quick gain in strength. And plus, he might learn ice fang/ice punch or razorwind by evolving, much like Staraptor learned close combat. However, what's different is staraptor in the game learns CC after evolving... so it might not be too possible, but it is plausible at least.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
It won't happen in Sinnoh that's 100% sure!
And in BF Buizel will be oaked.

why are you so sure about Buizel won't evolve?

Buizel is getting weaker and weaker and he is with Ash since DP55..(almost 80 episodes)

Paul's pokemon are fully evolved. If Ash wants to win fairly against him in the league, he must evolve Buizel.

Rampardo

why are you so sure about Buizel won't evolve?

My tip is to ignore Ash-kids posts as they are utterly troll-esque, don't make any sense and are plain out stupid.

I agree with BirdStaraptor, we need Buizel to evolve otherwise his future battles (esp. against Paul) will be considered unbelievable/DEM if he manages to win.

And really, why not?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
My tip is to ignore Ash-kids posts as they are utterly troll-esque, don't make any sense and are plain out stupid.

I agree with BirdStaraptor, we need Buizel to evolve otherwise his future battles (esp. against Paul) will be considered unbelievable/DEM if he manages to win.

And really, why not?
I'm sorry -It won Floatzel, so it does not need to evolve. Every pokemon that wins his evolution form is not evolving- Check it in previous episodes.
Also they're NEVER doing that all of 5 Ash's pokemon from the same region are evolving!

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Also they're NEVER doing that all of 5 Ash's pokemon from the same region are evolving!

Ash has never really had 5 Pokemon (excluding Pikachu) on his team that could evolve.

Kanto- Ash only had 5 Pokemon (including Pikachu) most of the time.

Johto- Noctowl couldn't evolve further or yeah use this as an example when only one Pokemon did evolve. Or neither could Heracross.

Hoenn- Torkoal couldn't evolve. And technically only 2 of his Pokemon evolved (Taillow and Treecko) Edit: Scratch that forgot to include Snorunt/Glalie. So that's 3 Pokemon..

So really Sinnoh is the only region where Ash has five Pokemon (excluding Pikachu) that can evolve. In this case there is no pattern nor trend.

So yeah, Buizel could easily evolve. Besides in Sinnoh Ash has had the most evolutions with 4 Pokemon evolving; Starly, Chimchar, Turtwig, and Gligar.

Last edited:

cloudk

hates you.
@ash-kid: Misty's Poliwhirl would like to say hi to you after defeating Andreas' Poliwrath in Hook, Line and Stinker.

dman_dustin

@ash-kid: Misty's Poliwhirl would like to say hi to you after defeating Andreas' Poliwrath in Hook, Line and Stinker.

While that is a good point, keep in mind that in order for that to be completely true, Poliwhirl would've had to beat Politoed, since that's what it evolved into.

Besides it doesn't make much sense anyway. After all the only reason why Pikachu beat its evolution and didn't evolve is because it couldn't beat it in the first place and it was said it would have to evolve in order to beat its evolution.

Buizel beat Floatzel on the first try and in such a way that Buizel really didn't struggle, only when it was hit with its own water pulse did it have problems.

So that argument of why Buizel won't evolve won't work with me. Come up with a better excuse and a better reason of why Buizel won't evolve than "It beat its evolved form."

STICKTOPIA

Ash has never really had 5 Pokemon (excluding Pikachu) on his team that could evolve.

Kanto- Ash only had 5 Pokemon (including Pikachu) most of the time.

Johto- Noctowl couldn't evolve further or yeah use this as an example when only one Pokemon did evolve. Or neither could Heracross.

Hoenn- Torkoal couldn't evolve. And technically only 2 of his Pokemon evolved (Taillow and Treecko).

So really Sinnoh is the only region where Ash has five Pokemon (excluding Pikachu) that can evolve. In this case there is no pattern nor trend.

So yeah, Buizel could easily evolve. Besides in Sinnoh Ash has had the most evolutions with 4 Pokemon evolving; Starly, Chimchar, Turtwig, and Gligar.
what about snorunt? it evolved.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I'm sorry -It won Floatzel, so it does not need to evolve. Every pokemon that wins his evolution form is not evolving- Check it in previous episodes.

So? Just because Buizel beat Wake's Floatzel doesnt mean anything. There are way more stronger pokemon than that one Floatzel. No matter what is said, we should all be able to agree that Buizel, as strong as it is now, would be even stronger if it evolved into Floatzel. I am one of those few ppl who dont care whether Buizel evolves or not but there is a possibility he will evolve.

I dont even need to go into details since all the post before me pretty much said it all

dman_dustin

what about snorunt? it evolved.

Let's me check: Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, yep that's 5 Pokemon.

Anyway I totally forgot to even include Snorunt/Glalie in the list, at the time I really have no idea what the heck I thought was Ash's 5th Pokemon. I just kept thinking of Swellow, Grovyle, Corphish and Torkoal.

I must've accidentally included Pikachu when I should've excluded it.

So Hoenn= 3 Pokemon.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
i just straight up hate floatzel.....so yeah I hope that buizels stays buizel!

then in johto ash will bring totodile, who will evolve twice, thus breaking the water pokemon curse :D

Concept

Führer of Fun
So? Just because Buizel beat Wake's Floatzel doesnt mean anything. There are way more stronger pokemon than that one Floatzel. No matter what is said, we should all be able to agree that Buizel, as strong as it is now, would be even stronger if it evolved into Floatzel. I am one of those few ppl who dont care whether Buizel evolves or not but there is a possibility he will evolve.

Nope. The writers will have him win/lose the same battles anyway. You honestly think they sit down and think "right, Buizel has X attack stat, so his attack wouldn't knock this pokemon out... but Floatzel has Y attack stat, so his would!"?

The only difference it would make is that we get a bigger, uglier version of Buizel, those people who want him to evolve are happy, and those who don't aren't. I'm not saying it won't evolve, just that it won't make a blind bit of difference.

You mean, in the same way that half of Pikachu's wins and a good number of his pokemon that never evolved in previous regions wins are unbelievable?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Nope. The writers will have him win/lose the same battles anyway. You honestly think they sit down and think "right, Buizel has X attack stat, so his attack wouldn't knock this pokemon out... but Floatzel has Y attack stat, so his would!"?

No I doubt the writers would do that but look at some of the examples already, I mean look at how powerful Ash's Charizard, could you say that Charmander/Charmeleon would've been able to pull all that off?

In the anime they have said when a Pokemon evolves it does in fact get stronger (Brock said it when Turtwig evolved, even Dawn asked Ash the question, the only affected thing was Grotle's speed).

Look at in this example.

Suppose Pokemon Grass Type A has Razor leaf but because it's not that strong as it possibly can, its razor leaf can't cut through a cage. But then it evolves and it can break the cage, because after all it did increase in strength.

I think you are taking two different species of Pokemon one is the pre-evolved of the other and comparing them to each other.

You can't do that, you have to take the Pokemon itself and think of what happens when it evolves.

Ash's Floatzel would be in fact stronger than Ash's Buizel. But that doesn't mean Ash's Buizel is weaker than some other trainer's Floatzel. After all those are two entire different Pokemon, it would be obvious why Buizel could be stronger than it. But to say if Buizel evolved it would have the same strength as it did as a Buizel, is wrong.

Last edited:

Concept

Führer of Fun
No I doubt the writers would do that but look at some of the examples already, I mean look at how powerful Ash's Charizard, could you say that Charmander/Charmeleon would've been able to pull all that off?

In the anime they have said when a Pokemon evolves it does in fact get stronger (Brock said it when Turtwig evolved, even Dawn asked Ash the question, the only affected thing was Grotle's speed).

Look at in this example.

Suppose Pokemon Grass Type A has Razor leaf but because it's not that strong as it possibly can, its razor leaf can't cut through a cage. But then it evolves and it can break the cage, because after all it did increase in strength.

I think you are taking two different species of Pokemon one is the pre-evolved of the other and comparing them to each other.

You can't do that, you have to take the Pokemon itself and think of what happens when it evolves.

Ash's Floatzel would be in fact stronger than Ash's Buizel. But that doesn't mean Ash's Buizel is weaker than some other trainer's Floatzel. After all those are two entire different Pokemon, it would be obvious why Buizel could be stronger than it. But to say if Buizel evolved it would have the same strength as it did as a Buizel, is wrong.

Charizard wins because the writers realised that a big old fire breathing dragon is popular. In the match against Brandon, Bulbasaur was much more successful that Charizard against Dusclops, but would you claim that Bulbasaur is the stronger of the pair? I think Charmander/Charmeleon would have pulled the same things off if put in the same situations, albeit in a different way. However, they wouldn't have put it in the same positions because a big red dragon is more "cool" than a little red reptile. That difference doesn't apply to Buizel/Floatzel, as they look much the same.

Whether the anime says evolving makes a pokemon stronger doesn't mean that the writers take any notice whatsoever of it when writing battles. It's a dramatic device to emphasise the mid-battle turnaround. Their job is to make it interesting, not realistic.

The razor leaf example is fallacious. Such a thing would only be done for dramatic effect; to heighten the "are they going to escape" factor. It wouldn't have any bearing on later episodes, and if they were ordered not the evolve the pokemon, are you saying that it would therefore fail to escape the cage, and therefore be stolen? Of course it wouldn't, nothing ever gets successfully stolen; it would have succeeded just the same after a few attempts to heighten dramatic tension.

I'm not comparing two different pokemon in different evolutionary stages. I think you think I'm using the Buizel beat Floatzel argument. I never mentioned it, and indeed haven't seen the episode involved. However, let me pose you a question:

Buizel managed to beat it's evolution. Logically, if it had already evolved by that point, it should have beaten it even more easily. Now, that wouldn't have been nearly as interesting to watch, if it had been a walkover. Do you think they'd have made it a walkover anyway, to be realistic?

Of course they wouldn't. They would have him find it equally difficult/easy whether he was evolved or not. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been interesting to watch. That's the key here. The writers job is to keep it interesting, not realistic, and I think people forget that sometimes.

People here only think that a pokemon who can beat its evolved form is strong. Buizel is strong, but not strong compared to the Floatzel it could evolve into. In Hoenn GF arc Ash's snorunt evolved and in Kanto GF arc Ash caught Aipom so this time maybe Buizel might evolve.