• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

Torpoleon

That's a good idea Torp, like many people have said, Buizel needs a new move. Preferably an Ice-type and then at the League he could use his Ice Aqua Jet by himself. He uses Ice Punch on his Aqua Jet or something along those lines. He can be powerful without evolving, but he might in the Johto BF saga.
I like that idea with Ice Aqua Jet. It might only just freeze taht part of Aqua Jet. Yeah, Buizel might evolve in the Johto BF. He could bring it back because most likely Buizel will leave after Sinnoh. It isn't like people should say taht Ash wont bring Buizel back because in the Kanto BF, he brought back ones like Donphan and Torkoal. It's possible.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
I like that idea with Ice Aqua Jet. It might only just freeze taht part of Aqua Jet. Yeah, Buizel might evolve in the Johto BF. He could bring it back because most likely Buizel will leave after Sinnoh. It isn't like people should say taht Ash wont bring Buizel back because in the Kanto BF, he brought back ones like Donphan and Torkoal. It's possible.

I think it is a bad idea for Buizel to wait that long and evolves in BF. the important part of this generation is the sinnoh league. seeing Ash with a fresh pokemon at the league is more important than seeing them in filler and unimportant saga.

if Buizel is going to evolve i hope before the league..

Torpoleon

I think it is a bad idea for Buizel to wait that long and evolves in BF. the important part of this generation is the sinnoh league. seeing Ash with a fresh pokemon at the league is more important than seeing them in filler and unimportant saga.

if Buizel is going to evolve i hope before the league..
Phanpy waited a lot of episodes. 200 if you count its time in the egg. Buizel wont wait that long. It would probably be in the 100's. I'm sure that it will evolve eventually.

Rampardo

^ Well Buizel has been a Buizel for almost exactly 100 episodes now. DP134 airs in a few days and it was caught in DP34. I'd say its next in line.

Really, ppl who believe Monferno will evolve before it are just fooling around. 100 eps vs 1 ep, lol.

Phanpy waited a lot of episodes. 200 if you count its time in the egg. Buizel wont wait that long. It would probably be in the 100's. I'm sure that it will evolve eventually.

But Phanpy was like nothing in the Johto saga. It was not a important part of Ash's team back then. It just hatched from a egg and didn't got any win to count on in the league. And Buizel, it is simply incredible. That is enuff cause Buizel was the first powerhouse in Ash's sinnoh team. So Buizel needs to evolve as soon as possible.

ijea4444

^ Well Buizel has been a Buizel for almost exactly 100 episodes now. DP134 airs in a few days and it was caught in DP34. I'd say its next in line.

Really, ppl who believe Monferno will evolve before it are just fooling around. 100 eps vs 1 ep, lol.

Wasn't it with dawn at the time though?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Buizel will evolve.

Buizel is like... desparate in that kinda stuff...

He'll evolve (speculating: ) maybe around the last gym

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'd say he'd loose his personality if he did evolve so i don't want really want him too

He's going to learn a new move definitely nd become wuite strong but like da guy above says he would just evolve for the sake of it

I'd also rather have Monferno evolve

richard

Fire Master
I think Buizel should evolve, but its main problem is its movesets.:/ Get rid of Water Gun for an ice attack like Ice Punch or Ice Beam for long distance. Also Floatzel using its sac as a defense would be a great idea for Ash in the future; if Buizel evolves that is.

Grei

not the color
I'd say he'd loose his personality if he did evolve so i don't want really want him too

He's going to learn a new move definitely nd become wuite strong but like da guy above says he would just evolve for the sake of it

I'd also rather have Monferno evolve

His personality screams "I'm the incredibly powerful loner" type. If he was a Floatzel, this wouldn't change.

STICKTOPIA

i guess buizel didn't evolve yet b/c it only evolves once and there's no need for it to evolve fast. i know gligar evolved a long time ago but it was for a reason.

thunderblade12

It was explained in the first page a quote from Wake saying that even a giga impact wouldn't harm his sac.

I LOLed. But yes, you are correct.

His personality screams "I'm the incredibly powerful loner" type. If he was a Floatzel, this wouldn't change.

I don't think so really. Treecko was the loner type and it evolved.

I don't think strength determines if a pokemon will evolve or not.

Sure there are pokemon that won many battles in their base stage and never evolved like Pikachu, Piplup, Skitty, Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish, and Cyndaquil.

Bt look at Totodile for example, it was pathetic and it never evolved. It lost most of it's battles without getting a single win, Whitney, Misty, Macey, Duplica, etc.

Chimchar, on the other hand, seemed to be strong enough without evolving just like Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil. It was used in many battles and got a ton of wins. Even so, it evolved.

Isn't that enough to disprove any "patterns"? I think it could go either way at this point. Maybe Buizel will evolve, maybe it won't. With around 30 episode left before the league, I find it odd that they've been evolving Ash's pokemon every 15-20 episodes. In this time they could easily squeeze in two more evolutions.

Buizel could evolve around DP145 and Monferno could evolve at around 160.

bui

If Buizel evolve it might be used in the last gym. Gliscor was in the ice gym so you cannot say it wouldn't be use because of a type disadvantage, and besides his sac can shield him from electric attack.

thunderblade12

Yeah but remember, Gliscor had fire fang and steel wing which are both super effective against ice types as well as X-scissor which was super effective against Sneasle, Snover, and Abomasnow.

ijea4444

Buizel has been used in all gyms since his trade with Satoshi, exept for the Ice Gym, so chances of him not even used are pretty high. Although the sac for protection against electric attacks seems plausible. It is the anime :/ .

pokemaster95

King of pirates
I think Buizel needs to evolve. But he prbly is never going to.

ijea4444

I expect buizel to evolve before the conference, and monferno to evolve during the BF in Johto. Sadly I don't believe grotle will evolve even though I'd like it.

Magician_Ruwla

I would like it for Buizel to evolve.
I really don't care if it stays a Buizel.

But I don't think Buizel will evolve at all. If you look at Ash's previous teams, you see that his Water Pokémon never evolves, example; Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish.

I think that Grotle will evolve eventually, but Monferno will stay Monferno I guess just like May's Combusken that evolved in the last 2 episodes. Combusken was used ALOT and for a long time.. I guess the writers are going to do that with Monferno too.

pokefan16

I would like it for Buizel to evolve.
I really don't care if it stays a Buizel.

But I don't think Buizel will evolve at all. If you look at Ash's previous teams, you see that his Water Pokémon never evolves, example; Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish.

I think that Grotle will evolve eventually, but Monferno will stay Monferno I guess just like May's Combusken that evolved in the last 2 episodes. Combusken was used ALOT and for a long time.. I guess the writers are going to do that with Monferno too.

umm, Kingler?

anyway, i cannot see buizel evolving at all honestly.... I could see him being used in volkner's gym and at least won though...

Buizelster

Why would a pokemon who's tough as nails need to evolve anyways? Buizel has always been freakishly strong. To be honest I doubt we'll see Buizel or Chimchar ever evolve.