• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people still thinking that Buizel doesn't need to evolve?

CapitalX

uhm I honestly don't know. it could go either way here.

What I do know is that a argument like "never has Ash worked with all evolved pokemon" or something :p is valid because what never has been done can always been done in the future :p

Champion Jared 14

Well, if it doesn't evolve, then what is Ash gonna do with it at the sinnoh league?? I'm sure any extra training with the moves it has won't be too much of an improvement...I mean, it has three water moves, and a normal move...Two of which are weak water moves at that...

If it doesn't evolve, then hopefully the writers will at least give it a new attack to give it some justice.

Buizelster

Wouldn't it be going overboard to expect every single one of Ash's pokemon to evolve? Honestly what's wrong if one of them chooses not too? It's not like an unevolved pokemon is weaker than an evolved one.

Champion Jared 14

True, but it would be nice to see Ash command a team of majority evos, it's never been done before...It might make him look like a better trainer.

I agree buizel need to evolve and break the curse of the main water pokemon not evolving.

I never noticed that, but it looks like they're going to continue the pattern..

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
uhm I honestly don't know. it could go either way here.

I agree, i feel like Buizel could go either way...he could train harder and just get stronger as a buizel or he MAY evolve to get stronger. Maintaining the unevolving mainstream water types may be holding buizel back from evolving, depending on how adamant the writers are to sticking to it. We'll just have to wait and see with this one.

Personally, it could be more interesting if buizel evolves, but his personality kinda makes him seem like he'd wanna be the best without having to change....

Buizelster

True, but it would be nice to see Ash command a team of majority evos, it's never been done before...It might make him look like a better trainer.

But then again you could say that Ash making it through the league with a team of non-evolved pokemon would make him look like a better trainer too.

thunderblade12

It's not going to evolve, there are too many reasons against it.

Reasons that you probably have in mind:

1. Buizel is strong enough as it is and doesn't need to evolve.

My response: Chimchar was also very strong. No doubt stronger than Buizel. That didn't stop it from evolving. Turtwig was also very strong. There are many other situations as well.

2. Buizel has pride and it's pride will not allow it to evolve.

My response: Treecko, Tailow, Piloswine and Charmeleon all had that same pride but evolve anyway.

3. Buizel defeated it's evolved form

My response: There wasn't much, if any, tension between Buizel and Floatzel. Pikachu was determined to defeat Raichu, Croagunk hates Toxicroak, and Dawn's rival owns Piplup's evolved form. The only "tension" involving Buizel during Ash's battle with Wake was between Pikachu and Buizel.

4. Buizel was a promotional pokemon for the DP series so it's more popular
than it's evolved form.

My response: The starters are obviously more popular than their evolved forms and so many of them have evolved.

5. It's evolved form looks too similar

My reponse: Not really. It has like fin-blades on it's arm and it's floatation sack takes up most of it's upper body. It's face no longer has that round shape, now it has a dog-like nose.

6. Evolving wouldn't do much for it

My response: Well it would become bigger, faster and stronger. All evolution does that so really this excuse can't be used for pokemon in the anime. If you want new attacks then ice fang is a nice example. Not enough? Well I believe the writers don't allow certain pokemon to learn attacks because they would look awkward doing it in the anime due to their body type. For example, Buizel's arms are probably too short to make any sort of punching attack look natural in the anime. Floatzel's arms get much longer so punching attacks would now be avaliable.

7. It's too late and I think Buizel will be left with Oak at the end of the saga so what's the point of evolving it this late?

My response: Well, considering they've evolved one of Ash's pokemon at a pace of one every 15 or so episodes I don't think we're too pressed for time when it comes to evolution. At that pace they could easily squeeze in both Buizel and Monferno's evolutions before Sinnoh ends. If you're one of those who thinks Buizel is definately going to be left with Oak at the end of Sinnoh, so what? It's not like they haven't evolved pokemon late in the saga before. Glalie evolved late and then got Oaked. Donphan and Sceptile only battles in two major battles each after evolving. If Buizel evolved now, Floatzel would get the entire league to have a few battles. Surely that's enough if you look at Sceptile, Glalie, and Donphan's battle record after evolving.

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
I feel like Buizel should evolve, but my concern is the lack of any prodding.

Chimchar, Staravia, Turtwig, and Gligar all (in some way) evolved to want to be stronger/defeat Paul. There was some cause.

Buizel hasn't really shown any desire to be stronger or, I should say, any indication that it acknowledges its "weakness". Ash hasn't really addressed Buizel's strength, has he?

Maybe if Buizel gets to fight another E4 member, his slight weakness would be noticed.

I hope that makes sense.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Wouldn't it be going overboard to expect every single one of Ash's pokemon to evolve? Honestly what's wrong if one of them chooses not too? It's not like an unevolved pokemon is weaker than an evolved one.

I know what you are saying and I agree with you.

However, the writers of the show relised during BF that a lot of the fans that Pokemon had have grown up and want to see more realistic teams (i.e. not have the cute first stage Pokemon always win against fully evolved giants). So it would be an interesting change for Ash to have a team that is all fully evolved (with the obvious exception of Pikachu)

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I think the main question should be, is Floatsel is going to be as profitable and as popular as Buizel. Because that is what determines the fate of each Pokemon. The true reason Some of Ash's Pokemons didn't evolve is due to profit of each evolution. Same could be said to Dawn, since Piplup's more popular than its evolutions then it best that it stays that way. I don't know about Buizel's status in popularity compare to Floatsel, but I do know this: The anime you're watching now is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get you buy their products. That's what separates the Anime from the Manga.

STICKTOPIA

thunderblade12 haven't u seen that buizel hasn't been doing so well in battles lately?

STICKTOPIA

angeal

Sage
Bruizel is essentially unique and different in personality than any of ash's other water pokemon whom are relatively similar in that aspect. It can be described as an athlete with the constant urge to improve it's own abilities. It did defeat an floatzel which could reinforce it's ego to remain a bruizel though as mentioned before it comstantly desires to enhance itself. Evolutions in the anime are also still as they in the games and each pokemon varies in their strengths despite seeming exaggerated and less emphasized in the diamond and pearl series. Thus bruizel would accept an evolution though dout it as the writers might perceive it stealing hype from infernape or maybe totterra unless niether evolves