1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are people surprised or do they make fun of you when...

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Ms.Accord, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Ms.Accord

Ms.Accord ♪How do I look?♪

They find out your a pokemon fan? Ive shocked many people, mostly as Im seen as someone whos more into fashion and style instead of video games like pokemon so Ive shocked many when I told them Im a big fan of pokemon and I love battling. Its also an issue when Im at pokemon events as I get stared at XD. so lets hear from you.

2. bluesonic1

bluesonic1 Bird, Wolf, Dragon~

Some are some aren't. Those that know I'm a crazy animal lover & gamer aren't surprised. Those who don't know me very well normally are ^^

3. Andywoo

Andywoo Banned

If I say that in my school I would get the sh!t beaten out of me, so that would be a no. They are not surprised, because I haven't told them. They don't need to know anyway........

4. Ms.Accord

disappoitning how one would get beaten up for liking it, It annoys me when people question me liking. And what, pray tell is wrong with a girl who loves fashion liking pokemon? Nothing thats what d:<

5. Andywoo

Andywoo Banned

Well, not like physical beatings...but mental abuse. Being called gay, that type of thing...

6. mew801

mew801 Well-Known Member

^ Pretty much the same as me. People aren't shocked because they don't know.

7. Ms.Accord

Those would sound like unrefined thoughts from an unrefined mind ;) but they wouldnt know what they're missing ;)♪♪

8. tomthepom

tomthepom Well-Known Member

yeah, but im a guy, like the other day at school, im in yr 12 and i said "i still play the games, thats all, i dont watch the anime or read the comics or anything, just the games" and everyone avioded me for 2 days? i dont get it? my friends still read Naruto and and things like that... and i still dont know what make pokemon games a kids thing?

9. Andywoo

Andywoo Banned

Gee thanks. But try expailing to them they are missing out on something. I dare you...wear a protective mask or earplugs though. Of course there are people you would tell, but generally you would want to keep it quiet at my school.

10. Ms.Accord

Like I said, its maybe that they think since kids watch it and read it, they find its for kids, but thats the unrefined way of thinking. But if I had to Id gladly add a Pikachu gem accesory on my purse and go out in public :D

11. drifl00n

drifl00n drifloon master

i just turned 20 a couple weeks ago, and ive liked pokemon since i was 6. so when i tell people i still love pokemon, they say well thats cool, since you were 6 but others are like oh you need to grow up already. haha honestly..i dont care. its what i like

12. Babey_blue

Babey_blue Foreva and alwaez...

people would be shocked and others dont even know what it is.
    basically only one friend knows and she a pokemon fan too ^_^

13. Ms.Accord

Thats good, Im proud to like it, I should find that pikachu accesory one day and get a matching outfit with it ;3 I'd love to show my love for it that way.

14. drifl00n

drifl00n drifloon master

hahah for halloween this year i plan on either going as drifloon or dawn. and for the drifloon costume i thought of a very cute design :)

15. Only my friends know it. I'm smart enough not to tell everyone about it.
    But even if I did, they wouldn't annoy me much about it. Almost everyone knows that they don't want to see me angry.

I aim for the throat.

16. LadyCharizard

LadyCharizard ~Rawr~

Personally, I kept my liking for Pokémon a secret during my school days.

I've only told a select few of my friends that I like Pokémon; they were like "meh, whatever".

17. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

i often tell it but nobody seems to be shocked or annoying about it, i'm widely known as a gamer who prefers to play most games from any console, right now i might play pokemon but two hours later i might be killing people with guns on call of duty online.

besides when you have a good look at the mariogames it looks pretty childish as well, this whole pokemon is kiddy thing is just something that's between the ears.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  18. drifl00n

drifl00n drifloon master

speaking of online gaming..i wish i had a job so i can buy a new subscription to xbox live :(

19. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

that does not compute.

20. drifl00n

drifl00n drifloon master

i think it does.