• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are people surprised or do they make fun of you when...

Avrig

Like Wailords.
Not really, which kinda surprise me. Sometimes when I was a couple years younger, some boys tried to tease me about Pokémon and begin childish, but they soon stopped it. But I haven't really told anyone that I like Pokémon, but I don't hide it either.

A little bit. Most people I know by now already know I like it. They might poke fun at me a bit but nothing major.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Actually, S.I.E, If you talk to your friends or someone else that likes Pokemon, that person that was laughing will most likely stop because they know it isn't getting to you.

in my case yes but not everybody is patient and people who are on to problems know that fast and are not indentical in how they try to provoke a problem,
it might work sometimes but the overall effectiveness is kinda useless.

sorry for oot, but now im wondering how tall you are o__O

oot? oh well, i'm 2 meters, practically the size of a common front door.

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
Seeing as how I'm still in 5th grade, and I'm still in primary/elementary, everyone likes yaoi Pokemon. Although it annoys me when they think they know everything.

Once, this guy bought a Scholastic book of Pokemon and it had Rotom listed as "Legendary". Now all the poke-lovers are all Rotom legenders.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
yeah people are always shocked, and there always seems to be a negative responce. then the immediate follow through if fake interest and if i dont pick up on it right away well ... yeah people suck sometimes.

Ms.Accord

♪How do I look?♪
To anyone that thinks they'd get insulted:

Tell em you like it and your proud! Ignore those losers. Who cares? I do that, and if you ignore them for a long enough time, they stop! Haha~!

Thats the spirit, and next thing you know, it'll be popular like in old times. Since Ive started one style at school (didnt intend on making a fad) I'll try and get pokemon into fashion ;D who doesnt want a purple drifloon bangle?

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
Ya people are kinda surprised because older people say i'm mature for my age and people my age say i'm immature.

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
Ya people are kinda surprised because older people say i'm mature for my age and people my age say i'm immature.

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)

drifl00n

drifloon master
*facepalm*

a few of my friends of the age 23 & 24 also both play pokemon, i havn't heard them talk about people who make fun of them, they are both social & respected persons, it might have to do with age as well, people who are younger have a quicker urge to be childish about it.

:eek: lol

my boyfriend sits there and watches me play pokemon. the one day he made me mad, and i guess he felt really bad. so he walked out of walmart with a 3 pack of pokemon cards for me :)

my other friends just sit there and go, "your too old...you like pokemon wayyy too much" oh well its not killing anyone :p

Thats the spirit, and next thing you know, it'll be popular like in old times. Since Ive started one style at school (didnt intend on making a fad) I'll try and get pokemon into fashion ;D who doesnt want a purple drifloon bangle?

i better get one hahah

Last edited by a moderator:

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
"You watch the cartoon?"
"No, but I..."
"HEY EVERYONE! RAICHU SUCKS ASH!"

I hate the stereotyping with anything.

muumajii23

Generally, no one is too surprised. Most have played, most have liked. The ones who diss me when I say so are afraid of letting people know because it's supposedly "kiddish".

LegendaryRotom

I actually make my love for pokemon quite obvious,to the point where I look proud of it.I AM the one who walks the halls with that (custom made) Cut Rotom school bag,after all.

But,I was at Epcot the other day.In the Japan gift shop there's this
whole mess of pokemon merchandise.I was all like: *pokemon rampageXDDD*
and all the little kids were staring in awe at my presence.Really,I think it's when the younger fans see the older fans playing that's the most surprising.

~AussieWonder~

Im 19 and all my mates know and they couldnt care less. Everyone should stop worrying about what other people think. Sure there's going to be people who will find it weird, but who are they to accuse?? We all have our own interests and hobbies, and we're in control of our happiness and enjoyment.

Pokemon was just cool in Iceland like 10 years ago and they only showed the first season when i was 7-8 so if anyone would now i played the games are enjoyed the anime i would be killed most likely:D BTW im 18

Eh, some people were shocked, but others are not.

I've made several friends at school through pokemon.
Also, a large ammount of the seniors and juniors at school are Pokemon nerds.