• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Pokemon designs really getting uglier each Gen?

Are Pokemon Designs really getting weirder?

• Yes sadly I think they are

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • No, all Gens had ugly Pokemon (INCLUDING GEN 1)

Votes: 178 48.1%
  • No way, I love Pokemon whatever they look like.

Votes: 120 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Cool, tough, beautiful, cute, smart(heh, notice what I did there); I'm pretty flexible. Muk? Come at me. Linoone? I love it. Only Jynx makes me go "meh", as usual. ;p

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
I prefer tough-looking,mature, or fully-evolved pokemon that evolve from cute or little ones(like most dragon types, or waters). I like that because its almost like they grow up and mature like real humans growing up. :)

Take Oshawott to Samurott for example. Oshawott is this little, adorable creature you would hug all day. But when it fully-evolves to Samurott, it becomes a intimidating, beastly warrior you would NOT want to mess with. XD

I also really hate people who prefer cute,little pokemon and consider their evolved forms "ugly." It annoys me to no end.

Last edited:

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I like them looking mysterious, like Absol, Chandelure and Porygon-Z (biggest mystery ever)

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I love small and cute pokes like emonga and chillarmy. I also like very detailed and cool looking pokemon like Haxorus. I also cute but oddly shaped pokemon like solosis and its evolutions.

Those are the worst examples anybody could have chosen, considering they are three of the more creative Unova region Pokémon.

I'd love to know what's so 'uncreative' and 'unoriginal' about a trash Pokémon, a snow cone Pokémon, and a chandelier Pokémon.

Yeah, Vanilluxe, don't get so caught up in nerdrage that you miss it when someone is actually agreeing with you.

I like both cute and badass ones. And especially cute badass ones like Togekiss.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
Oh no, I wasn't aiming that post at the user. Just the image in general. :D

I know he/she was being sarcastic. :3

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
I like my Pokémon to look extraordinary. :D

I much prefer the ones based off of inanimate objects. Klinklang, Chandelure, Bronzong, Vanilluxe, etc. :3

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Original and pleasing to look at.

No, the image was sarcastic as well. The thing is, though, that you reacted to it exactly the way Gen I fanboys react to any criticism of their precious originals, and that's exactly what we've established we DON'T want.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
I guess I didn't catch the sarcasm. :<

I took a quick glance, and just went on a full blown rant. x3

I'm sorry for fanboying so bad, you guys. :(

Ah, don't beat yourself up. We all do it from time to time. Just try not to tl;dr.

But considering Unova is based on New York it would have been fitting. On the other hand, since they don't celebrate it they might simply have forgotten about it.

darklazerman

Yeah, I believe you.
[spoil]
All it is is a bunch of Gen 1 guys and gals talking crap about the new pokemon. IMO the newer ones are a heck of a lot better. WHich would you use? A friendly dragon or a Bad*** ferocious one?
+​
1st gen has the best designs, indeed, they are getting worst each gen.
= *Gasp*[/spoil]

All generations had badly designed pokemon that simply look unlikable. In my opinion, the 4th gen has the most though.

I agree.

Beauty is to the beholder. Its just really a matter or oppoin. Now, if this was a matter of originality, there would be more than just "This one is ugly." and/or "This one is cute.".

EDIT:
Really surprised there wasn't a turkey Pokémon this generation, considering Thanksgiving is such a huge holiday here in America.
[spoil]
Unfezant.png
[/spoil]
If that isn't a turkey, then clearly, I don't know what one is.

Last edited:
As the name suggests, that is a pheasant, not a turkey. Turkeys are fatter, less flight-capable

As one might infer from the name Unfezant. Though you might be excused if you caught the other pun and simply overlooked that one.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
I was going to say. I'm pretty sure Unfezant is based off of a pheasant. x3

And it's Japanese name, Kenhorou, is derived from the sounds that pheasants make.

Status
Not open for further replies.