• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are pokemon the true stars of Best Wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshub

Banned
Before I never put too much attention to the personalities of pokemon in the anime. I just saw them as following following orders or ignoring them (in Charizard's case). But for BW I am more interested in the personalities of the pokemon than the human. Less than 10 episodes and we will get cool megurocoo, sassy mamepato, diva tsutajja, awesome miju, grumpy pokabu, urban thug zuruggu, and funny yanupapu. The writers definately put in time to make these pokemon more interesting than previous ones. While DP had memorable characters: J, Barry, Paul, Dawn, nuff said. BW will be the era of pokemon.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
You never paid attention to the personalities of the Pokemon in Pokemon? What have you been doing this whole time?

Teshub

Banned
You never paid attention to the personalities of the Pokemon in Pokemon? What have you been doing this whole time?

In terms of battle ability and attacks I paid attention, but I never cared for personality, ie. this pokemon acts so cute, or this one acts so naughty. Im just not a pet person.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Before I never put too much attention to the personalities of pokemon in the anime. I just saw them as following following orders or ignoring them (in Charizard's case). But for BW I am more interested in the personalities of the pokemon than the human. Less than 10 episodes and we will get cool megurocoo, sassy mamepato, diva tsutajja, awesome miju, grumpy pokabu, urban thug zuruggu, and funny yanupapu. The writers definately put in time to make these pokemon more interesting than previous ones. While DP had memorable characters: J, Barry, Paul, Dawn, nuff said. BW will be the era of pokemon.

Another thread so Teshub can be a racist bias turd.

Don't feed the troll children.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Say what?? The only thing great about DP WAS the Pokemon (well, except Piplup)

AND you think they will AGAIN TAKE OVER THIS GEN??

thunderblade12

Badass Squirtle
Arrogant Charizard
Gruff Bulbasaur
Angry Primeape
Comedic Haunter
Affectionate Muk
Needy Bayleef
Shy Cyndaquil
Mindlessly jolly Totodile
Fixated Heracross
Babyish Phanphy
Intelligent Noctowl (Even if it was only in it's debut episode)
Driven Sceptile
Dramatic Torkoal
Pretentious Corphish
Playful Glalie
Playful Aipom
Playful Skitty (Damn AG, you like the playful bunch)
Timid Bulbasaur
Mentally disabled Psyduck
Infantile Togepi
Cheerleader Politoed
Jolly Ludicolo
Parental Mudkip
Newborn Squirtle
Gluttonous Snorlax and Munchlax
Prideful Piplup
Bully Electivire
Hyper Pachirisu
Prima donna Buneary
Strange Croagunk
Superwoman Happiny
Unlucky and lovable Gliscor
Mindless Gible
Fatboy Torterra
Emo Infernape
Arrogant Buizel
Elogant Togekiss
Lazy Mamoswine

Yeah...

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Pokemon are the true stars of the entire series. Don't delude yourself to any of the contrary. Why else is it called Pokemon?

Ash is the other star, but apparently that means nothing to you.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

In terms of battle ability and attacks I paid attention, but I never cared for personality, ie. this pokemon acts so cute, or this one acts so naughty. Im just not a pet person.

Wait, what!?!?!?! I think I speak for everyone where when I say what was all of this fukken talk about Mijumaru being Piplup 2.0?

Because you weren't thinking this because of how much Piplup battled, it was about Piplup's personality, in terms of wanting attention, that's what personality is..... so you have paid attention to personality. Don't lie here on the Forums, it will make you look bad..... not that you were good to start with.

True that!

Teshub

Banned
An observation that miju is taking the secondary mascot, round little water starter role that piplup had last series is not a deep character analysis.

I think we can all agree that we have never seen a pokemon get so much accolades as much as mijumaru. Even gliscor who was popular in DP, but he wasn't an starter and isnt as focused on as the blue otter wonder. So thats why i am saying the pokemon in BW are the stars more than ever (doesnt mean they werent before). Just my 2/100 cents.

Trainer_Kay

well this pretty much sums it up

Badass Squirtle
Arrogant Charizard
Gruff Bulbasaur
Angry Primeape
Comedic Haunter
Affectionate Muk
Needy Bayleef
Shy Cyndaquil
Mindlessly jolly Totodile
Fixated Heracross
Babyish Phanphy
Intelligent Noctowl (Even if it was only in it's debut episode)
Driven Sceptile
Dramatic Torkoal
Pretentious Corphish
Playful Glalie
Playful Aipom
Playful Skitty (Damn AG, you like the playful bunch)
Timid Bulbasaur
Mentally disabled Psyduck
Infantile Togepi
Cheerleader Politoed
Jolly Ludicolo
Parental Mudkip
Newborn Squirtle
Gluttonous Snorlax and Munchlax
Prideful Piplup
Bully Electivire
Hyper Pachirisu
Prima donna Buneary
Strange Croagunk
Superwoman Happiny
Unlucky and lovable Gliscor
Mindless Gible
Fatboy Torterra
Emo Infernape
Arrogant Buizel
Elogant Togekiss
Lazy Mamoswine

well let's not forget Adamant Tauros#14 and Brock's Pretty-yet-powerful Vulpix. hahaha

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Pokemon always had personalities, like humans. I don't see why they're more important than the people. Ash is maybe the only "hero" now, but it doesn't make his Mijumaru and Mamepato to be more important than Iris and Dent.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
well this pretty much sums it up

well let's not forget Adamant Tauros#14 and Brock's Pretty-yet-powerful Vulpix. hahaha

Hahaha yeah.

Oh and Teshub, look at Trainer_Kay's sig, the GIF, that is what I want to express to you.>:]

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
An observation that miju is taking the secondary mascot, round little water starter role that piplup had last series is not a deep character analysis.

Wait till Mijumaru in America. The U.S messes up every Anime from Japan minus one or two as I see it. I could be wrong but I've seen at most six other and only two of them seemed any good. (Dragon Ball Z).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think the writers finally decided to give all of the main character's Pokemon some personality. About time. We've had some Pokemon in the past with neat little quirks but never this many which really does make Best Wishes a tad more interesting to me than some of the other sagas. I say, keep up the good work and give us tons of Pokemon like this in the future instead of half-assing it.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
As far as i remember every single Pokemon in the series had a personality but i understand what you mean. Kanto and Johto Pokemon weren't treated very good so they personalities couldn't exactly shine. The point is that i find really odd that you commend on the new Pokemon while every single Pokemon this far whether it belonged in the main characters or not and whether they actually shone or not, had a personality, especially in the case of the D/P seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.