1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are Team Rocket done to death?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Grei, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Grei

Grei not the color

Thread title basically covers it.

I personally don't think Team Rocket can be replaced, but I think a change of pace is an order. Maybe Team Rocket suddenly disbans, and something like a Neo-Team Rocket is formed, or Jessie and James do something to get their rank improved.

A change in clothing for Jessie and James would be nice, too. Maybe something similar to the Rocket Grunt's uniform.

Anyway, what do you think: "Are Team Rocket done to death?"

2. firelovindocker

firelovindocker Well-Known Member

i don't like them being in every episode don't they have something better to do they should be in 1 in 3 eps
    EDIT: Rank up indigo champion

3. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

They are getting really old, but I like the characters themselves. I just wish they would do something different once in a while. The whole "oh a common pokemon lets steal and give it to the boss for a stupid reason oh no were blasting off again" is getting really old.

4. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I don't know...sometimes I give a great big sigh when they appear, but other times I'm glad, it'll add some entertainment. So I guess just putting them in every two or three episodes is fine.

5. Luckystar699

Luckystar699 Experienced Trainer

Their boss, Giovanni, should appear with them and then like do something terrible. T_T

6. Masterge77

Masterge77 Floatzel rules!

Well,. Team rocket is a key item to the Anime, but having them EVERY SINGLE EPISODE is, well, tireing. they need a spinoff show where they sucsessfully steal AT LEAST 1 POKEMON without Ash coming to save the day!

But it isn't just Team Rocket that's done to death, the whole anime itself (especially Ash) is done to death. The only thing good about Pokemon anymore is the games and manga!

Not meaning to complain, I'm just concerned about the writers using A REPEATITIVE PLOT with about 90 filler episodes then they come up with a half-decent episode that's good until Ash or one of his friends does something that really cheeses me off, for example: "PIKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT..... ON YOURSELF!" or something like "PIKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT ON THAT ONIX, EVEN THOUGH IT'S A GROUND TYPE!!" or "PIKACH, USE THUNDERBOLT!" in general....

Back on topic: Team Rocket is DONE FOR!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

I like Team Rocket. They have cool Pokemon too.

Well, the Trio. The rest of Team Rocket are boring.

8. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

I find it impossible to get bored of Jessie and James, they are infact my favourite human characters...Meowth sometimes grinds my gears, but other times he is hilarious.

9. Jesse GS the II

Jesse GS the II I was frozen today!

I like them still being on the show, since Jessie, James, and Meowth are three of the most likable characters, in my opinion. Their goal isn't necessarily to steal Ash's Pikachu anymore, just to prove to themselves that they can indeed do it. But that can get tiring if it's overdone, and Team Rocket's little side plots are always a welcome change.

I always thought a neat way to handle Team Rocket in the Hoenn region would have been for Giovanni to send them on a mission to set up a Rocket recruitment base somewhere, since Team Rocket isn't actually stationed there yet and it'd give Jessie and James a new purpose on the show. I envisioned a lot of scenarios where they cross paths with Team Aqua and Team Magma and get caught in the crossfire of the two warring crime rings. The same thing could have been done with Sinnoh with Team Galactic, come to think of it.

10. Birds of Paradise

Birds of Paradise FireStorm

Sometimes it's annoying when they are in every episode, but I would not want them replaced with different villans.

11. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

A change would be nice, but the thing is, if Team Rocket changes, then the pokemon anime changes as we know it, and I'm both afraid and hesitant to welcome such a change.

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

If Team Rocket have been in the show for 11 years, they're obviously going to be here for the rest of the series.

13. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I still love Team Rocket and don't care if or when they show up.

14. Shadow Quilava

Shadow Quilava Well-Known Member

Why replace Team Rocket for a group that most likely will do the same thing? They have the region baddies to use for the big, bad things that the trio wouldn't do normally. That's why I think they should just stay and get what the writers are giving them.

15. CharizardBlastoise

CharizardBlastoise Squirtle Power!

The Day Team Rocket Vanishes/Ranks Up Is The Day Pikachu Evolves/Dies

16. Araleon

Araleon Chill

I love Team Rocket. I sort of want JEssie to be the regional Co-Ordinator next Region, or get to the finals of this GF. Or at least get in.

And if they ever create Breeder Contest thing, James would be a good breeder.

What I'm saying is, TR isn't getting old, but as a fan, I'd like their lives to work out to be awesome. Plus, then Jessie could be an MC...

17. Devastator1

Devastator1 Well-Known Member

I would have said yes last week but after watching the episode where james give up his cacnea and jessie releases her dustox, i got a bit teary-eyed. So maybe they can stick around a little while longer. I'd like them to get a good pokemon though.

18. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

They're not gonna leave.
    They're not gonna change.

They will be in every episode, trying out stupid tricks that they've tried and tried many times before.
    And even though they failed all these times, they won't stop ..just for a Pikachu. :)

I like them.
    All three.
    They're amazing people. mwha. :)

19. KevinSun242

KevinSun242 SpamInACan

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  20. Grei

Grei not the color

I realize some people have already posted some ideas, but what other things, in your opinions, could Rocket do? I'd like for more involvement with Giovanni. Like I said, change of clothes would be good, too.