• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
i think they should leave they arent in sinnoh only team gallatic team rocket is not in sinnoh! but i cherered them staeling kenny's prinplup!

By that logic they shouldn't have appeared at all during Hoenn. But they did.

Why?

For the same reason Pikachu always stays around.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
i think they should leave they arent in sinnoh only team gallatic team rocket is not in sinnoh! but i cherered them staeling kenny's prinplup!

Wow, I thought this thread was dead, but anyways..........Team Rocket isnt going anywere. there is no point of hoping they leave cause they arent. Just like what BlitzBlast said, they are still in the show because Pikachu is. Their main goal is to capture Pikachu and until they do it (which they wont) or until Pikachu leaves (which aslo wont happen), they arent going anywhere. So they are basically staying. Enough said.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
but they arnt in sinnoh or hoenn.yet if they werent they woulkdent have stolen kennys prinplup.(i DON'T like kenny he is my mortal enemy.)

BlueVapor

^But that doesn't really matter. The reason why they stay is because they want Pikachu and they're still attempting to capture it, which will never happen. So no matter how much any of us want them gone, which by the way I do, it's not going to happen because of the above reason.

Tf5174

I think they should have left during the hoenn and returned in sinnoh with better skills at stealing pokemon or food.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
Team Rocket should ocasonaly be replaced by another bad guy or even a pokemon like with teddeursa and misty.I was watching the pokemon DP Galatic Battle epeisode(well my brother was actualy watching it) with roark and byron and when I saw a hole popping up in his fossil room I could see openings for new charecters but insted TR pops up.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Trying to get Team Rocket to leave is like trying to get Misty to come back permanently. It's not going to happen.

Think about it: many an episode has been used to develop the characters of Team Rocket; we know them as well as Ash and Brock, and we can all clearly see how much they've changed.

Why would the producers throw that all away for some new people and incite a wave of fan fury?

It would be equatable to tossing out Ash.

Trying to get Team Rocket to leave is like trying to get Misty to come back permanently. It's not going to happen.

Think about it: many an episode has been used to develop the characters of Team Rocket; we know them as well as Ash and Brock, and we can all clearly see how much they've changed.
Jessie, James and Meowth may have had several episodes dedicated to them, but, IMO, that didn't make them any stronger.

Besides, it would be easier - and more bearable for me, at least - to replace them with Atilla and Hun (for example); they were awesome in Legend of Raikou, but that's the only time we've seen them! Either that or have JJ&M with significantly less screentime.

Last edited:

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
that is not the point ash isnt in sinnoh etheir i have looked evry town a nd route and he is not there. oh and jessie and james dont exist looked in evry region and nothing.

I never really liked Team Rocket until AG started. They became funny then. However, has anyone noticed that they're using a lot of nets to take a yellow mouse from a kid? The net-using idea is tiring. They should have got it by now after all the failed attempts sending them flying that a NET WON'T WORK.

I think Pikachu's uber.

I never really liked Team Rocket until AG started. They became funny then. However, has anyone noticed that they're using a lot of nets to take a yellow mouse from a kid? The net-using idea is tiring. They should have got it by now after all the failed attempts sending them flying that a NET WON'T WORK.

I think Pikachu's uber.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Jessie, James and Meowth may have had several episodes dedicated to them, but, IMO, that didn't make them any stronger.

Besides, it would be easier - and more bearable for me, at least - to replace them with Atilla and Hun (for example); they were awesome in Legend of Raikou, but that's the only time we've seen them! Either that or have JJ&M with significantly less screentime.

No, no. I didn't mean 'develop' as get stronger, I meant 'develop' as learning more about the character. As in backstory, goals, personality, ect.

And I didn't really like those two because of the gender change.

Buizelster

Personally I don't even know why the series needs Jesse, James, and Meowth. Sure it's to provide an antagonist, but Pokemon Hunter J and Team Galactic do a far better job at it. Even Paul does a better job at that.

All they are; are annoying anyways. It'd be nice if they just blasted off into an active volcano or something and never came back.

iraqmaster

I think I've said this before, but unless they decide to do a complete cast revamp (like Digimon) I don't believe they're going anywhere. They've been on the show since EPISODE ONE, so I doubt they'll even leave if they've been on this long.

EPISODE TWO, actally.

Now I'm half and half on this. It would be unwise at this point to just completely shelve JJM right now. They've been on the show second to ash and pikachu.

But seriously, It make no sense how after 600 episodes, 12 movies, and a host of specials, they are still trying to capture Ash's Pikachu, when they have encountered far more powerful pokemon that Giovanni might actually want, such as Rhydon, Dratini, and Magmar to name a few. Have them capture some other pokemon, and maybe have a few attempts at Pikachu once in a while, not every day. And for that matter, you wonder why Giovanni never thought about taking back meowth. A talking cat that communicate with Pokemon is rare and valuable.

Champion Jared 14

Lol TR is done to death yes, but they aren't going anywhere...Can you blame them for wanting a pikacu that's sent them into numerous pokemon centers after 500-600 defeats?? All those times "feeling bad" and "blasting off?" NO way...besides, no matter how hard they get beat no matter how many times, they just keep coming back for more...They are clearly smitten by Pikachu's battling ability and think no other person besides the boss deserves it...But when something beats up on Pikachu like a rag doll, they want to catch it, but Ash and co go to stop them, then Pika gets them, and the cycle starts all over again....

But no matter how many times that they lose, they will always fight Ash's pokemon in arrogance, not always knowing that they'll lose...It's because they're arrogant, and too ignorant to see their lack of battling knowledge and skill. If not for TR Ash's pokemon would not be as strong as they are, have you ever considered that?? Ash won his very first battle, and it was against TR!!

To me, I see TR being more useful to the show's general welfare and Ash's strength as a Trainer that an 'unamed' cast member...I'll leave it at that for now....

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Im sick of team rockets same ol plans.

When i watch pokemon on my Tivo i fast forward through team rocket..

>.>

bonslyclogsthetoilet

BoomGoesTheDynamite!
I think they're alright in terms of their longevity. With them there, we get to transitioned between the main group and them instead of just having to focus on the main group. But the fact that by haviing TR engage with the protagonists in literally (at least 98%) of the episodes in doing the same thing and "blasting off again" crap get pretty tiring. And what pisses me off most for example is when they would constant just cuts in to interrupt when there's like an entertaining battle going on and totally killing the flow of the action.

I don't mind them individually or as a group being in all these sagas. Maybe by just having them plan schemes or cause trouble and things backfiring on them without having to involve the main protagonists for some episodes would be a lot better.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
If that's what you want TR did have a special like that.

Only they ended up being treated as heroes until they BLASTER OFF AGAIN!!1!!!1

Kirby2000

I don't think you understand what it means to be a kid's show.

Evil never wins. That is the first rule of kid's shows.

And Pokemon is based on constant repetition. I don't know if you noticed, but in every game it's always the same tried-and-true formula.

You are wrong because if you ever see a cartoon called Xiaolin Showdown in which is a kid show sometimes the bad guys do win.