1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are Team Rocket done to death?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Grei, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

America-wise, she was there for part of the sixth season as well. The part that finished up Johto. Japan-wise, she was there the first series.

2. Netbug009

Netbug009 Well-Known Member

You can't get rid of them or really mess with them much, but it's starting to feel like the writers are OBLIGATED to have them there every single episode even when they add nothing to the story or are just annoying.

Seriously, they are side characters.

3. serenaballerina

serenaballerina Well-Known Member

I think they should definitely try to reinvent Team Rocket. I'll always love Jessie and James but they are getting old and boring. I know they are the bad guys but why do they have to screw up all the time? I don't think it would hurt for Jessie to do a little better in contests. It would be cool if she won one of them! I don't think they need to be in every single episode either. Team Rocket needs a complete make over.

4. Jun's Heracross

Jun's Heracross Battle Ace

Team rocket, as in the organisation should appear more but with jessie and james i'd agree, atleast a costume change or something, i do love them but seriously they're getting old now, only one who hasnt got old is meowth in my opinion

5. Rex Kamex

You know, after 600 or so episodes, I'm fine with a costume change. Not like the official Rocket uniform, though.

6. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

Yeah, I would like to see a costume change, just like how Ash and Brock changes

7. popcorn dragon

popcorn dragon Well-Known Member

I like Team Rocket but they get so repetitive after a while.
    And doesn't James have a French accent?

8. Journeyman

Journeyman …… …… …… ▼

Um, don't recall James ever sounding "frenchie" in the US dub.

9. jigglypoof

jigglypoof oldskool pokeshipper

French accent? He doesn't have a French accent to me, it's more along the lines of whiney XD And also a little snotty, because of his upbringing. At least, his "first" voice did, I don't know anything about his "new" voice. I have heard his French voice, though.

10. Narutopokedude

Narutopokedude ← currently hunting

They can't get rid of them, the show has to have an antagonist, and team Rocket does a good job at that by being funny. Remember, it's a kids show after all.

11. Silent Conversation

Silent Conversation Formerly SinnohChamp

I'm really tired of Team Rocket. TBH, I wouldn't mind them if they appeared once every 5episodes, even 3-4. But when it's the exact same routine every single episode, they get a bit boring. Reduce the amount of appearances from the team, and then they might be a bit more tolerable.

12. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer The Shadow Trainer

I am SOOOO tired of Jesse and James. Every episode it's the same old song and dance. Does Team Rocket even know they work for them anymore? lol You never see any interaction between Jesse, James, and other Team Rocket members besides Butch and Cassidy (Whatever happened to them?). Giovanni doesn't even check in on they're progress to see if they've captured anything or even acknowledge they're existence. It's like they're not even members of Team Rocket lol.

13. shaq-attack

shaq-attack .:~:._.:~:.

Team Rocket used to be cool, but now it's the same thing every episode.

Team Rocket: "We wantz yo' Uberchu!" "Meowth dat's right!" =0
    Ash: "Oh, hellz no! Uberchu Thunderbolt their arses!" >=0
    Team Rocket: "Oh Noez, this is soooo unexpected!!" >_<

I personally think they should disban and pursue their own interests.
    Jessie taking up contests was a good idea.
    Maybe James could make participate in them too.

That way Dawn gets two more rivals and Jessie and James are rivals as well.
    As for Meowth, I always just wished Ash would throw a Pokeball and just catch him to be honest.

14. unluckyred13

unluckyred13 tHe blaCk sIlVeR

maybe they could simply join other evil group...
    like maybe team magma/aqua/galactic??
    or maybe in every new genaration new teams want to capture pikachu.
    ..like repalcing tr..

15. Paj Meen Ah

Paj Meen Ah In For The Kill

I always wondered why Team Rocket don't just like..capture Pikachu normaly.

In a Pokeball, after whupping his ***. Job done, they can leave now.

Seriously though. they're a bit stale.

16. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

Since they pretty much do the same thing every episode, yeah. Something new would be nice. Like, acctualy being evil.

17. Rex Kamex

They have no reason to stop working for their own boss, though.

Then people would complain about those teams. Including me, since replacing someone with another person who does the same thing is pointless to me.

Honestly, I don't see how that would make things so much better. Then they'd just be doing the same thing they normally do only in less episodes. We'd still know what to look forward to when they appear again.

18. CapitalX

CapitalX Well-Known Member

if we replace team rocket with one from the other teams we get the arguments like

team --- is a clone of team rocket

because belief me they will try to capture pikachu

19. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

No because we didn't get that argument when Hunter J tried to steal Pikachu. :p

Besides, only Team Rocket are the ones that can never ever capture Pikachu successfully, and that is what makes it funny. So yeah, I want them to remain exactly the way they are now. :)

20. Darkxninga

Darkxninga Well-Known Member

Well said, I agree 100%.Im tired of their stuipd daydreaming of the boss happy with a pokemon thats seen in the wild or seen in a episode time and time again doing something stuipd we all know he wouldn't be happy with. Then thinking he'll give them a big promotion by one normal pokemon or so. Seriously I used to love it when TR came along back in the day but not now Im sick of them their just too stuipd with use of machines all the time. They cant be replaced but they need to get better it's sad. One thing to improve this is less rhyming and better capture trys.