• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I mean,the LEAST they should do is reveal they WERE sucsessful BEFORE meeting.I mean,they MUST have been good before meeting Ash,after all Meowth was Giovanni's favourite once
If not I'll punch myself where it hurts

~AussieWonder~

I will admit, I dont enjoy TR as much as before, but they still provide great comic relief, I only wish they would change their outfits!!!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I mean,the LEAST they should do is reveal they WERE sucsessful BEFORE meeting.I mean,they MUST have been good before meeting Ash,after all Meowth was Giovanni's favourite once
If not I'll punch myself where it hurts

Musashi and Kojirou never really had it all that great. Keep in mind that Kojirou ran away from home, and Musashi's mother died, confining her to a childhood laden with foster parents. Both of them flunked out of the Pokémon Institute, Musashi failed in her efforts to become a Pokémon nurse, and neither of them lasted very long in the Bridge Bike Gang (Kojirou still had training wheels on his motorcycle). Even Nyasu's life sucked before he met them, whether he was being tortured by kids at that summer camp or ignored by Madonnya. That's why they all joined the Rocket-dan in the first place - they had nowhere else to go.

I've tried to piece together Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu's histories based on everything I've been able to discern from various episodes. As far as I can tell, the only continuity errors were in "Training Daze", the Chronicles episode that supposedly told the story of how they joined the Rocket-dan, and I generally don't consider it canon because of how much it contradicts what we already know (i.e. they didn't really meet for the first time upon joining the Rocket-dan; they didn't meet Yamato and Kosaburou until the breeding center scam; etc.).

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hold the phone.

Meowsy was named Madonnya in the original? :D

I'm not a stickler for canon, but considering the writer's retconning quite a bit I'd actually say Training Daze is probably the new canon being established.

Marzillius

I like them, they are a lot better than Ash. I just wish they could win some time, like steal one of Ash's Pokèmon (not Pikachu of course) or make him blast off for a change.

I wonder when James will catch his third Sinnoh Pokémon. I mean, Jessie have Yanmega and Seviper, she is a lot stronger than James and his puny Carnivine. Which Pokémon do you think he will catch? I bet goes to... Misdreavus for an unknown reason. Just a blind guess. Or maybe his Mime Jr. will evolve.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just want them o steal Pokemon sucsessfully,at least not when Ash is involved!

Shadow Quilava

I don't watch the show anymore because it's so predictable. Team Rocket now has a bad rep from Jessie and James.

They have a bad reputation because they can't really win at almost anything.

Anyway, I believe that JJ&M were dore to death. Now, they're starting to include Jessie's contest career as a plot line for her. Of course, James and Meowth aren't doing much but I'm sure they'll do something sooner or later.

Marzillius

I bet the writers of the show have a strict rule: Ash muct always WIN,WIN,WIN, Team Rocket must always FAIL,FAIL,FAIL. And Team Rocket must always blast off in every, single, damn episode.

My favoruite episodes are all when it's centered around Team Rocket. I love those guys and the organization which Ash has no clue about what it is.

Larry

It would be great if we were all surprised and they won...That will be the day.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Team Rocket needs to change.But still I like their comedy

Hiroshi66

You know, I've been thinking about this for quite a while. Even though I feel that Team Rocket has been quite overdone and that sometimes their appearances get rather cliche and repetitive, they're also one of my favorite characters of all time on the anime, and I don't think I could picture an episode of Pokemon without them (after all, they've been appearing on the anime in some way, shape, or form since Episode 2.)

It would be nice to see Team Rocket get more involved in the storyline with Team Galactic though. It would be funny to see Team Rocket battle alongside Ash & co. against Team Galactic.

Also, even though Jessie's character has received considerable character development with her contests, I feel that James still needs some more attention in the anime. Maybe he could take up an interest in Pokemon breeding (yea, right) or begins serious Pokemon training/battling (imagine James taking on a gym leader!)

In the end, though, I doubt Team Rocket will change. After all, they've had largely the same role for over 500 episodes. If I had to choose between them being written out or continuing on the show, I'd vote for Team Rocket staying any day. They provide the comic relief for the anime.

Haxon22

iJerk
Well obv. Team Rocket won't go anywhere, there the comedy of the show

What the writers did to Team Rocket is probably the reason so many people think that the show is horrible.

Profesco

gone gently
I bet the writers of the show have a strict rule: Ash muct always WIN,WIN,WIN, Team Rocket must always FAIL,FAIL,FAIL. And Team Rocket must always blast off in every, single, damn episode.

We all love Team Rocket and know that it's the only really believable criminal organization the games have introduced. Pfft.

But Jessie, James, and Meowth are the bad guys, even as poor as they are at it, and since Pokemon is a morally-apt anime, the bad guys can never really win in the end. Small victories, maybe. Real victories, victories important to the show? Never. u_u

If I had to choose between them being written out or continuing on the show, I'd vote for Team Rocket staying any day.
There we go. :D