• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

Profesco

gone gently
>_>

I wouldn't mind an episode where Team Rocket doesn't use a giant mecha. You know, just for old times' sake.

<_<

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yeah! Maybe James could hit puberty? Nah, that's going too far.

But yeah, the whole "Oh, lets make this a TR episode because we don't have anything else to think of right now" is getting old, so is the whole Blasting Off routine.

randomspot555

Also, does anyone remember those episodes that had Team Rocket revealing bits of their past? It would be great for the series to have a few more of these episodes to bring in some more character development.

And this would be easy to do, since they don't have to acknowledge the previous episodes. It's kind of an unwritten rule in fiction that whenever the villain is telling the story, you can kind of assume they aren't always being truthful.

I used to watch the show. I thik I stopped early on in Advanced. Occasionally, I'll take a look and see the same stupid plotline except with worse voice actors. TR will never leave. I'd like for them to be fired from TR because you can only be incompetent for so long for before you have to pay the price for it. What makes me pull my hair out is when Meowth convinces them that a stupid useless Pokemon could have some use to Giovanni.

Jessie, James, and Meowth need to join the main party. This could allow for some funny conversations considering their different styles. They have been fighting Ash & co. for too long. I'd like to see that changed.

I had other grievances with anime, mostly concerning the difference between it and the games. I remember when I first started watching the anime, I was trying to figure out whether it took place in Red or Blue version. Oh that is funny now that I think about it.

I think most fans have thought about one day getting a handheld where you are a member of TR. I'm all for stealing Pokemon.

I think that team rocket, as part of the 1st generation, is a good and integral part of the series, but I did like some fresh blood being brought around in the form of teams magma and aqua. I disliked team galactic however.

Kataphrut

Quite a lot of people hate Team Rocket (not just "fans" too) because of their permanant role in the show, but I actually LIKE Team Rocket. As comic-relief villains, they provide an interesting perspective on the show and I can't help but laugh at their childish antics.

No, they're not overdone. They're brilliant!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
And this would be easy to do, since they don't have to acknowledge the previous episodes. It's kind of an unwritten rule in fiction that whenever the villain is telling the story, you can kind of assume they aren't always being truthful.

I don't know about that. I'd like them to keep the backstories they have, if for no other reason than it helps to make them a little sympathetic knowing that they had to raise themselves up from such crappy childhoods. It also makes them seem more real, and that illusion wouldn't be quite the same if they kept altering their timelines.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
its getting a little old now, u no? why cant they just go after a pokemon besides pikachu i mean seriously this makes them be 0-999999 or at least let them be successful and steal 1 pokemon i mean the world is not full of niceness and happiness for everyone that pokemon portrays. or at least a costume change cmon now! i like their personalities though cuz there all so funny!!!!!!!

There have been times when Team Rocket went after pokemon other than pikachu.

As long as Jessie, James, and Meowth don't stop trying to capture Pikachu, than it would be okay, because them trying to take Pikachu is a huge plot element that keeps pokemon going.

Marzillius

I want moar character development! James hardly has any of it. I want him to begin taking on Gyms and catch a few more Pokémon to do it, become a more comitted trainer while Jessie can continue with her contests.

beoderro

Unactive :(
Team Rocket, well it was a 'funny' thing a little while, but now it's so annoying! ):
They should change their... goal, purpose, what ever it is o_O Then I might like them again. ^_^

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I want moar character development! James hardly has any of it. I want him to begin taking on Gyms and catch a few more Pokémon to do it, become a more comitted trainer while Jessie can continue with her contests.

I don't think that'd work - Kojirou doesn't have any reason to pursue the gym challenge. Besides, if he started pursuing an outside goal like Musashi does with the contests, not only would it seem unoriginal and gratuitous, it'd only distract further from their efforts to trip up Satoshi and the others, which is the main reason why they're on the show.

I must be one of the few people who thinks Musashi and Kojirou are perfectly fine just the way they are. They're not serious villains, nor are they reluctant bad guys who want to turn good - they're just entertaining comic characters, and that's all they need to be.

Dattebayo

Banned
I don't hate Team Rocket, but I really don't like the fact they appear in every single episode. This is why we need more villains in the series, and Hunter J isn't enough.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Hey, if they can seem to fool three-four people on a daily basis with crappy costumes and HAPPEN to always use the same pokemon, then they're doing something right. :B

Blaziryu

TR are extremely annoying. They shouldn't appear in every episode. They should have Ash & co. battle Team Galactic grunts on daily basis since they're the main villains of the Sinnoh region.

Squaaah

What really annoys me about TR is when they are used for pokemon to evolve agaisnt. They are not formidable villains, so evolutions agaisnt them seem totally cheap. I was extremely dissapointed that Gligars evo had to come around because of TR and even more so when Swinub AND Piloswines evos were as a result of TR. If Chimchar evolves because of them I will kick something.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
TR are extremely annoying. They shouldn't appear in every episode. They should have Ash & co. battle Team Galactic grunts on daily basis since they're the main villains of the Sinnoh region.

But that'd probably end up being the same formula eventually. We know Satoshi's always going to defeat the bad guys, so it's not like the Ginga-dan grunts would stand a better chance against him. And even if he was grappling against Ginga-dan members on a regular basis, something tells me that they'd turn the grunts into the same kind of bumbling fools that Musashi and Kojirou are. Otherwise, the comedy aspect of the show would be diminished greatly.

See, this is another case of people thinking that the show is always supposed to be this epic dramatic battle between the good group of trainers and a team of pure evil. Seriously, it's not. The reason they keep Musashi and Kojirou as the recurring antagonists is because they want the show to be humorous as well as adventurous. That's just the kind of show it is. If people don't like it, they're more than welcome to watch something else.

Xain

The Psychic Savior

That would be interesting...I actually like the idea. However, that's just to much serious business for that show. However i do vote for a better integration of evil teams in the series. I don't know how frequent aqua and magma were in the hoein saga but this every now and then with galactic is a little meh. (although i think the frequency is rising).

It's a shame too...the galactic grunts in the game where pretty funny. They could have translated to the show well. But, that would have lessened Team Galactic's serious presence in the show and that would suck.

Oh yeah, as for Team Rocket. I'm on the boat where i feel it would be weird to not see them in an episode. Just as long as they don't disturb gym battles I'm fine with them. (i don't think they do that much anyway)

However....the alliteration MUST STOP! It's a mess. It's annoying. It needs to go.

Squaaah

Oh yeah, as for Team Rocket. I'm on the boat where i feel it would be weird to not see them in an episode. Just as long as they don't disturb gym battles I'm fine with them. (i don't think they do that much anyway)

Nah they've stopped doing that now, I think it p*ss*d off people AOT.

I'd rather Ash had a proper fight with a random trainer at the end of every episode then have him have to deal with some stupid TR mecha. Also, they're pokemon just become jokes. I hate seeing Yanmega beaten up all the time!