• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
TR always have, and always will rock out loud. They are the best main characters by far. The only thing that bothers me about them is Wobbuffet. Its stale and needs to leave...soon.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
yea change of clother would be nice and yes they could do something else to put in the place but....i think they put in team rocket for:
1: fun
2: to evolve pokes
3: to make the story
well thats my option

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
They're getting old!

But I can't expect any replacements for them unless they're too popular to get killed off or something.

Cecil Omega

To me Team Rocket has there moments but for the most part they are annoying since it's always the saw old routine, plan to capture the debut pokemon in the episode, Meowth dreaming about the boss, a vaccumn or a giant robot attack, them getting their asses handed to them.

Seriously, for kicks and giggles why not make and special where Team Rocket actually captures pikachu and sends it to Giovani and Ash and co. need to rescue it? Maybe then Team Rocket will actually catch pokemon they can use!

Brumrha

Banned
To me, TR has been getting old for me really fast. The fact that they show up in every single episode, attempt to get in the ketchup boy's way, only to find themselves way up in the sky, is beginning to become a cliche. If someone would slaughter them like the pigs that they are, then I'll be a happy person.

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
To me. TR is getting old for me but who would replace them? i can't think of any person that is stuipder than them.

They do the same things for over the last ten years. have they ever heard of catching pokemon?

anyway even though i am getting sick of them they can't be replaced. i mean they have been blasted off by Pikachu all the time. to me thats one quick way of transportation.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think they bring comic relief to the show.

It would get a bit dull if they weren't around.

sirboulevard

Master Coordinator
Team Rocket has been done to death, but they need to be present. Without an antagonist, a show dies. It would be very dull to see a show without some form of conflict.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Team Rocket, in terms of Jessie James and Meowth, is merely comic relief and occasionally good help. I couldn't see anyone else in their place though, so they need to stay.

On the OTHER hand, the REAL Team Rocket (Giovanni and his goons) never really had their time to shine, and the only real time we saw them was in the 2nd Mewtwo Special. He definitely need a return to the spotlight.

Rasho

Zing
Jessie and James are the only characters from Pokemon who have not grown stale in all the years the show has been on the air. However, Meowth no longer has that much character. The last time he had an episode which centered on him was in Johto. Overall, I think the writers have handled him rather poorly. He does not even make wise cracks anymore. Since AG, he has been nothing more than a chaser for Giovanni.

TR always have, and always will rock out loud. They are the best main characters by far. The only thing that bothers me about them is Wobbuffet. Its stale and needs to leave...soon.
I doubt Wobbuffet will ever leave. It has a lot of fans. Then again, there is still a possibility that it will. No one ever expected Arbok, Weezing, and Victreebel to leave, yet they all did despite their popularity (which I am still bitter about given that I much prefer Team Rocket's Pokemon from the original series over the ones they have had since AG. Chimecho was great, but the others? Nah).

I agree with you about Wobbuffet being a pain, though. It has helped Team Rocket out on a few occassions, but it is useless the majority of the time. Unlike most people, I do not find it humorous in the slightest. It is boring.

Aquadon said:
On the OTHER hand, the REAL Team Rocket (Giovanni and his goons) never really had their time to shine, and the only real time we saw them was in the 2nd Mewtwo Special. He definitely need a return to the spotlight.
As much as I would like to see the Rocket Arc brought back, I doubt it will. The show's writers seem to have concluded it with Johto. Furthermore, Giovanni's Japanese voice actor passed away. Voice actors are greatly admired in Japan. Out of respect for Giovanni's deceased voice actor, the new one he has will not be doing a lot in the show.

Last edited:

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
Some episodes i think they are really funny, others it gets really boring. Super, here we go again, skip the motto, do something interesting please!! In the most recent episodes James' voice was awful, i preferred his old voice!! He's still my favourite character though i think.

Let's face it, Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without TR!

TheSmiley

Jessie and James need to either get a better theme song or a life.
Team Rocket can just take a break and give room for other teams like Team Galatic and future teams.
Yes they are done to death.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
well TR were funny back in the old eps, but now their starting to get really annoying, IMO. I think Team Galactic shows some promise as a villianous team stealing pokemon and stuff

also i think now that Jessie gave away Dustox, should give Wobbufett a shot in a contest, cause seriously, Yanmega isnt really contest material IMO, he just doesnt fit the bill.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

It is annoying having them in ever episode!They can't get pikachu they should find a different one!

ZF911

Has everyone here seen the Stolen Stones? Team Rocket were at their best in that episode.

Groshonee

8 O'clock eggles
The Team Rocket trio rules =D but I wish they chould succeed at SOMETHING without Ash and co messing it up D:

chimkong

JJM have/had been fired from their job but are still wasting their butts for Giovanni, who doesn't care about them. They have good stuff in them as shown at various points in the anime.
Jessie, James and Meowth should get better and more pokemon and do other things instead of chasing Pikachu (which they will never ever be able to catch).
Jessie should be a permanent coordinator.
James should became a breeder. He's been doing things like Brock does, like telling Jessie and Meowth about Pokemon/moves by looking at his cards, he babies his pokemon (Mime Jr., Chimecho, Growlie etc.) like Brock did/does for his Bonsly, Happiny etc.
Meowth should help trainers who have difficulty understanding their pokemon by telling them what the pokemon/trainer thinks.

But instead of all these, "Is this a voice I hear?"

Jaguar297

I'm back!
I think Team Rocket is Awesome in the Anime cause their Bad Guys who suck at being Bad. No one and I mean No one will replace them I hope.

chimkong

I think Team Rocket is Awesome in the Anime cause their Bad Guys who suck at being Bad. No one and I mean No one will replace them I hope.

Thats why they sucks. They are keep taking Thinderbolts from Pikachu and blasting off. Something has to change. They must either learn the true art of stealing pokemon Or they must quit and get another job like I mentioned above.